When We Were Young// Yugyeom...

By aesthetic-hoshi

"Well, I fell in love with him. The way he taught me to dance, the countless sleepovers, how he always defend... More

Chapter 1: First encounters
Chapter 2: Christmas
Chapter 3: Grounded
Chapter 4: savior
Chapter 5: promise kept
Chapter 6: betrayal
Chapter 7: Abandoned
Chapter 8- Reencounters
Chapter 9: New friends
Chapter 10: second chances
Chapter 11: Forever.
Chapter 12: opportunities
Chapter 13: Dorms
Chapter 14: Haunted
Chapter 15: Fear
Chapter 16: Concepts
Chapter 17: Battles
Chapter 18: Fix you
Chapter 19: obstacles
Chapter 20: revenge
Chapter 21: Roommates
Chapter 22: House rules
Chapter 23: Fun and Games
Chapter 24: Hangover
Chapter 25: Paparazzi
Chapter 26: Performance
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 27: Denial
Chapter 29: Treehouse
chapter 30: star gazing
Chapter 31: New student
Chapter 32: Threatened
Chapter 33: interrupted moments
Chapter 34: Teasing
Chapter 35: Niece
Chapter 36: Set backs
Chapter 37: Reveal
Chapter 38: Warehouse
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 40: Last hope
Chapter 41: Aftermath
HAPPY YUGYEOM DAY
Chapter 42: The end

Chapter 28: Thunderstorms

733 24 18
By aesthetic-hoshi

Yugyeom's POV
I pull Jee out of the gym. Why would this bitch come back just when my life turned for the better. I became an idol, I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world, and now she has to come back and ruin that. I know she came back for a reason. Why else would she travel so far to go to school here? Her parents had a great job back in our old town last time I checked. So money or moving issues probably isn't the case. But I won't let her and that sex crazed loser touch my Jee.

We finally reach the exit and we sprint out of the school. Jee was done with her dancing so it was okay if I took her home. However I started feeling little rain droplets pelting my skin. That soon got denser until it was a full rain shower. I look down at Jee. Poor thing, the girl was dripping wet. Her hair was already soaked and she was only wearing shorts and a crop top. She had a little jacket on but that wasn't covering much.

I drag her under a bus stop shelter thingy. She was shaking furiously while attempting to dry herself.

I take off my black leather jacket and throw it over her shoulders while she was looking down. Leaving me in only a T-shirt.

"No, Yugyeom." She started to take off the jacket, which fit her huge by the way. "Honestly I'm fine. A little rain never hurt anybody. "

"Yeah except give them a cold." I put the jacket around her shoulders again. "You're gonna get sick. Let's just get home fast."

"Wait, but then you'll get sick."

I grab her hand and start heading for the apartment complex again. "I honestly don't care just as long as I know that you won't get sick."

Luckily the apartment was only a few more blocks away and we made it just before the lightning started cracking.

We go up in the elevator and walk down the hall until we reach our door. I quickly unlock the door and let Jee go in first. She takes off the jacket and hands it back to me.

"Thank you," She took a little pause before saying, "for everything." She shuffled to the room and then to the bathroom so she could shower.

I took advantage of that so I could finally take off my shirt. I didn't want her to think I was weird or pervy if I did that in front of her. But screw it. The shirt was clinging to my skin and was making me cold. I'd say I have a good twenty minutes before she gets out of the shower.

I grab a towel to dry myself off and throw my T-shirt into the hamper. I put the towel around my neck and go into the kitchen. I find hot chocolate in the cabinet surprisingly. Might as well make it for her. I heat up some milk on the stove and start mixing the chocolate in with it.

"Yugyeom, I-"

I turn around and see Jee standing at the doorway. She couldn't keep her eyes off me but I don't want to make it even more awkward so I played it cool.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I uh just wanted to let you know that you can shower now since the bathroom's free."

"Haha, oh um thanks. Yeah I'll go right now." I turn off the stove and run past her. I thought I had more time. Oops.

I grab a pair of shorts from the room, my red hoodie, and a clean towel. I run to the bathroom before she could come back. I only spend like 15 minutes in the shower before changing into the clothes and coming out to finish the hot chocolate.

The door to our room was closed and I could see a dim light shining through the bottom crack of the door. That means she was in there and probably wanted to avoid everything.

I finished making the cocoa and turned off the stove once again. I got Jee's favorite black mug from out of the cabinet and pour some of the hot drink inside. I put some in another mug for me. I was on my way with the mugs to our room when the lights went out and a loud shriek came from the room.

Oh god, jee's scared of the dark. And to make matters even worse, thunder was sounding throughout the entire house. I know how much she hates that.

I rush to the room and find the dresser so I can put the mugs down.

"Jee?" I look around but the only source of light came from the moon itself, enough to see Jee curled up under the covers on the bed.

"Yugyeom? Is that you? Omg omg omg the lights are out. What's if you're a ghost and not yugyeom. I'm gonna die."

Thunder.

Another shriek.

I rush to the edge of the bed to comfort her. "No, Jee. It's me Yugyeom trust me."

"Not an alien?"

"Nope."

"Ghost?"

"No."

"Zombie?"

I laugh a little. "I hope not."

I sit on the edge of the bed next to her and she comes out from under the covers. She sits up and looks at me. "Mkay, you look human."

"Last time I checked. Hold on." I find a couple of her various decorative candles and find a match box to light them up. I scatter the candles all around the room so the place gave off an orange glow. It was actually a sufficient amount of light. Enough to be able to see each others faces.

"Thanks that's so much better." However more thunder sounded causing her to cover her ears like a little kid. She's too cute.

"Here," I hand her the cocoa I made her. "Maybe it'll help."

"Thanks, Yugyeom. Um, you can sit if you want. You know, to drink yours too."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. I mean this is your room too. So sorry for kicking you out of it last night."

I take a sip of the hot chocolate before answering. "It's fine. I understand you needed some time to yourself. I don't mind."

"No, I'm sorry. I just couldn't get used to the fact that I had to date you so soon. Especially when I tried to build up my defenses against when there was no need for that in the first place."

Woah, is she actually saying that right now? This is what I've been trying to tell her since she got here!

"You're right. You did do this for me. For us. All this time I thought you were just being selfish but turns out I was the selfish one. I just didn't want to let my best friend go and couldn't accept that you left me. I just needed you there. "

I put the hot chocolate down on the bedside table so I could sit down to face her. "Well, I actually should've left in a better way. I should've told you ahead of time. I just wanted to surprise you. And I really shouldn't have left the morning right after you trusted me with your body. But it just kind of happened that night. I swear I didn't plan for it to happen that way. "

"I know that..now." She sits up to sit criss cross apple sauce (a/n: oh god, I'm probably the only author who would describe that in such a childish way 😂) "And I'm sorry I didn't see that before. And frankly, I'm sorry for everything. You've been nothing but nice to me this entire time and all I've been doing is pushing you away. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. It's always been okay. I could never be mad at you. You're my best friend."

She puts her hot chocolate next to mine. "Yeah, best friend.."

Funny, that disappointment sounds all too familiar.

"So fate, huh?"

"What?" I ask.

"During the press conference," she laughs. "You said you believed that fate brought us together again."

"Yeah and?"

"I'm starting to believe the same thing."

I was about to question her but I was cut off by her lips on mine. Her hand reached my neck to bring us closer and mine snaked up to cup her cheek.
Was this even happening? This can't be real. She kissed me first. I pushed the thoughts away and just focused on the moment we're in right now. The girl I love the most, the girl I left, the girl I couldn't get out of my mind since I was six was finally kissing me.

She pulled away after what seemed like a sweet eternity and she brushed some hair away from her face.

I coughed a little in hopes to wipe the big smile off my face. "Well, um I should get to bed. The couch is waiting haha."

I get up from the bed but Jee grabs my arm before I could leave. "Wait, don't go. Stay, like I said, this is your room too. "

"Oh, well thanks then I'll just get the blow up mattress from under the bed-"

"No, Yugyeom. I mean you can sleep here. You know, with me. Plus the thunder is still really scaring me so it'd be nice to have you next to me."

"Only if you're completely sure."

"I'm sure." She scoots over and opens the blankets to me. "Get in here."

I get in the bed with Jee and she immediately cuddles up to me. "Um, goodnight." I close my eyes and try to ignore my heart threatening to pop out of my chest. Oh, god I hope she can't hear it.

"Yugyeom?"

"Yeah."

"It's only 8:30."

I can feel my cheeks getting warmer from the embarrassment. "Oh, oops."

"Let's just stay like this for a bit. Oh, and you don't need to be so nervous. It's just me. "

"Yeah sorry."

"It's okay. Let's just talk for a little. Catch up on the year we missed.

I wrap my arm around her waist and feel a familiar type of fabric. Then I realize she wasn't in her usual shorts and T-shirt.

"Sounds good but first, are you wearing my hoodie?"

"Oh, um, yeah. Sorry. I was really cold and it was the first thing I saw. Plus I kinda like it."

I pull the blankets up to reveal Jee in a pair of shorts and my black and white hoodie that fit her down to a little bit below mid thigh.

"You look adorable." I put the blankets back down on us and pull her even closer. "It looks better on you so why don't you keep it."

"Really? Yay, thanks Yugyeom!"

And after that, we just laid there talking for hours and hours. Finally getting that year that we missed back. Finally being able to joke around like we used to. Finally being able to be with the girl I love in a way that's more than just friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 653 12
[BOOK 1] The moment Jaebum saw Jackson he knew that he already fall in love at the first sight.
15.5K 594 20
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories, I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bu...
58K 2.2K 68
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙯𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙘? 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙪𝙩 ..
5.8K 194 28
I didn't expect to see him again after we broke up. My life wasn't any better since we broke up. I thought you left Korea but you didn't. And now I h...