More Than Friends

By intellectual212

Odell and Kenya have been best friends throughout college. As graduation approaches and both their lives are... More

Broken Dreams
No Debate
Man Law
Not Good Enough
Game Day
Walmart Surprises
Oblivious
1 To My 3
Bish Somebody better Get Khloe
Keep Him Happy
Question Guys About Story
Game Changer
Meeting Half-Way
Be Alright
Omg Yall I Just Died
More Than A Bestfriend
Savage
Anybody Know How To Make Gif
Answered Prayer
Reformed Heaux
Warnin: Turn Your Phone Brightness Down
Would Yall Look At This Ratchery
Struggle Plates
Reader Check-In
Unleashing My Sexy Part 1
Just For Me
Why They Do Odell Like This
Second Chances
Pimpin
Airport Goodbyes
More Important Than Football
Odell Been A Dancer
Odell Stanning For Lebron
For You Heaxs That Want Ramen Hair
I'm Fine
Grieving
Getting Through It
Lil odell
Which One Of Yall Can Pass For an 8th graders
Cooking Redos
Chosen Few
What Do You Guys Love About Them
Protecting Myself
Brandon's Surprise
Baby Fever
Bleeding Gold and Purple
Do You Guys Have Any Questions
Championship
Next Move
Have To Understand
Guess Who
Rude Awakening
Can I Just Say Yall The Best
New Holiday
How You Finish
Real Husbands of Oxford
Billy With The Blue Eyes
Like Everybody Else
Question About Sequel
Hug A Black Man
Freedom Songs
You Heauxs Will Leave Me Alone
Unified
What Do You Think About Scott
Nothing Ruined
Section 8 Dates
Burn Your Soul
Best day
This Book Is Ending Soon
Conflict Story Question
Flashback: Tutoring Session
Flashback: Send You Back To The Hood
I See Y'all Like The Flashbacks
Flashback: Research
Flashback: The Secret
What Are You Guys Learning
Flashback: The Truth
Flashback: That's It
Flashback: Why Do I Care
My Cam Sings To Me
Flashback: Good Black Man
Flashback: Friends
Flashback: Written Prayers
Flashback: Jealous
Three More Flashback Chapters
Odell Boy If You Dont
Flashback: The L Word
Odell Is Not With Demi
Flashback: Thick Creation
Flashback: Drunk Nights
How Many Times is Odell
Flashback: The Ritual
Karol's Cosemtics
Somebody Come Get Odell
My Day
What Are You Thinking Babies
This Book Is Done

What Was I Thinking

55.4K 3.2K 4K
By intellectual212

Kenya POV-

"Here you go." Jarvis got in the car with our food.

"Thank you. I didn't even know they still had drive-ins." I said as the previews began to play on the huge screen.

Jarvis had took me to a drive-in move theater that played older movies. Today it was playing, Love and Basketball.

"Oh yeah. It's not that many of them but they have them." He put our drinks in his car cup holder.

He handed me some nachos and he got a hot-dog.

Of course O wanted to hang tonight but I told him I had plans with Brandon. I wasn't going to give him any reason to block by telling him I was on this date with Jarvis.

"So tell me about yourself Miss Kenya. Where you from?" He said putting condiments on his hot dog.

"Fayetteville, North Carolina. And you from Convent, Louisiana right?"

"Yup. But I grew up in Lutcher. Either way, I'm a Louisiana boy through and through." He took a bite of his hot-dog.

"How long you been playing football?" I asked eating some of my nachos.

The sound of the previews were in the background.

"8 maybe. I was apart of a youth football league. My mama put me in it to keep me out of trouble you know. And I ain't looked back since."

"I think that's so cool. How you can start something so young and it can ultimately be the thing that changes your life. Like can you believe the draft is going to happen for you this year."

"Yeah that is crazy. That's all you dream about then wala you walking inside your dream. Just being at LSU is a dream. With the way shit is in the world, my mother didn't even know if I would live to see these days. But to see how happy she is in the stands for me, everytime we have a game. That's what keeps me playing. Even through the hard times."

"I think that's absolutely wonderful and inspiring." I smiled at him.

"No. What is inspiring is you. I don't know much about you, but I do know the general consensus is that you're brilliant. You stay on the school website winning awards for academics and research."

"That was one award. And it was just for some formula I came up with." I brushed it off.

"Formula you came up with? You acting like anybody can do that."

I laughed. "It just comes natural to me. My goal is to create cosmetic products, all types, that actually cater to women of color. Me being darker skin, I always wondered why products didn't really cater to us. Then in high school we had career day. And this woman came in and she said she was a chemist for L'Oreal and her job was to develop formulas for their products, depending on the skin type, need, etc. and instantly I knew that's what I wanted to do. Because for every product you use. A chemist is in the lab, developing the product through formulas."

"Wow. Beautiful and Brilliant." He looked at me in awe.

"Aw thank you." I blushed.

"I'm serious. I always knew you were gorgeous but I ain't never heard of nobody doing that. You get the normal, doctors, lawyers, etc. but that? Whew baby, you bad."

"Thank you." I chuckled.

The movie started.

"This is one of my favs." I said looking at the movie.

"Well I knew just what to do then." Jarvis smirked.

"Yes. You get points for this." I smiled.

There was silence for a moment as we just ate and watched the movie.

"So you and O don't date?" He asked.

"Yuck no. He's strictly just my friend."

"Friends don't really interact the way y'all do." He looked at me skeptical. "I be seeing how he look at you."

"Look at me?" I laughed.

"Yeah. You don't notice? Men look a certain way at women they love. Even if it's just asking to pass the remote. On top of that he practically lives at your place and y'all interact like a couple."

"How do we interact like a couple?" I chuckled. This was blowing me because I didn't see it.

"You kissing his gloves before games."

"That started as a joke."I defended myself.

"Your initials being inside his gloves. I got friends but they initials ain't in my shit. How at games you can't make when we're away, he calls you immediately before and after. Win or lose. Just the way y'all interact period seems like a relationship."

"Well it's not. It's a friendship and that's all it's going to be."

"You don't like him even a little bit?" He looked at me like tell the truth.

"No." I laughed. "I honestly don't see what all these other girls see. He's just O to me. But everyone that knows me, knows I have always had a crush on Jarvis Landry."

"Really?" He smirked.

"Really. I just admire your sense of humor. I'm always cracking up at the dances you do on the field after a touch down. But what got me most was, that awards ceremony you guys had. I went with O to it. And you just gave this long speech about how your mother had nothing, but gave you everything. And I swear I was sitting at my table crying when you started to."

"Now I'm embarrassed." He turned his head away, smiling slightly embarrassed.

"No. I thought it was cute."

"You know most chicks I'm with, can't even hold proper conversation. They not really interested in me and my life. Or what I have to say. They just want what they think will be life in the spotlight. But it's like you the first that ever said something of substance about me. I can tell you don't care about who Juice is, you just want to know Jarvis."

"Really?"

"Gods honest truth. Most of these chicks all they got to give is pussy. Sorry for the language, but you just made me wonder after that, then what?" He looked at me seriously, slightly biting his bottom lip.

Oh my God he looked so sexy at that moment.

"Wow." I laughed nervously. "Thank you I guess."

"I don't want this to be our last date. I would love to see you again?"

"Aw Juice me too."

He leaned over and kissed me. It was going fine until But I felt his hand creep up my dress. I stopped the kiss.

"What's wrong?" He looked at me.

"I don't feel comfortable you touching me like that."

"K we both grown. Why you tripping? Enjoy the moment." He proceeded to kiss me again this time grabbing my breast.

I pushed him hard off of me.

"Take me home." I demanded.

"You acting like you don't know what this is?"

"Is that what you thought this would be? Me have sex with you on the first night?"

"What are you a virgin? This ain't high school." He said angry.

"Wow. And to believe I gave your ass the benefit of the doubt." I was about to get out the car. He grabbed my arm.

I immediately grabbed my pepper spray and sprayed his eyes.

"Ahhhh...bitch." He screamed, rubbing his eyes profusely.

I jumped out this car. Slammed the door and briskly walked far away, calling Brandon to see if he could pick me up.

It hit me then. That's what O was trying to protect me from and now I feel so stupid, that I ever doubted one of the most important people in my life. What were you thinking K? 😔

-----

Odell POV-

"Ey Juice." My teammates called out at different points as he walked in the locker room.

"Hey y'all." He went to his locker and put his stuff in.

I ignored his presence and just kept getting dressed for practice.

"What you do, yesterday night bro? I know you was getting into something. Ya dick stay wet." My teammate Duke dapped him laughing.

Duke was a naive freshmen and Juice was his fucking hero. He stayed hyping that nigga up. 🙄

"That's apart of it when you Juice baby." He laughed. "You'll be almost like me in a couple years."

"Who was it? That bad Latino bitch Lorena?" Duke asked.

I sat down at the chair in front of my locker putting on my gloves.

"Nah. Yesterday's pussy was a little different."

"Different?" Duke laughed.

"Yeah. Did something I ain't never did before."

"What's that nigga?" Duke asked.

"A fat bitch."

"A fat bitch?" Duke repeated. "Precious fat?"

"Nah she ain't that big. But fat enough to be obese." He laughed, getting dressed.

The way this dude talked about women was so sickening. But I knew he wasn't talking about K, cause she was with Brandon last night.

"Nigga you stupid." Duke laughed. "What's her name?"

"You know a gentlemen never tells." Juice smirked. "But O know her. I think we both been in the same pussy."

"O you fuck fat bitches too?" Duke laughed. "You slipping my nigga. You don't give A-1 Dick to low class pussy. But hey fat hoes need love to."

Knowing who Juice was talking about I pretended to walk to my locker and instead punched him as hard as I could. the next thing I know my teammates were pulling me and Juice off of each other. His lip was busted and bleeding.

"What the hell is going on in here?" My coach rushed in at the tail end of the fight.

My chest going up and down with anger, I slammed my locker closed.

"Juice and O y'all out next game."

"Coach they the best receivers we got. We can't win without them." Duke pleased on our behalf.

"Find a way. Get out of my practice and take your asses home." He yelled at me and Juice.'

I grabbed my shit and left.

I shouldn't take pride in O being mad, but I'm sorry he looks too cute in this video angry. I just want to put his head on my double D bosom, and let him know it's alright 😂😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.1K 24
They were best friends. It felt like yesterday the young boy lost his bestfriend. They known eachother since pre school, but everything changed on t...
353K 11.8K 31
Odell and Camille have been friends for a few years, but what happens when one catches feelings? Will the other feel the same?
4.2K 154 17
My high school bully parents just happens to be my families closest friend. Great this is gonna be a fun year of college. No love life , no friends...
21.2K 1.2K 44
Odell and Brielle are back years later still going strong and crazy in love with each other. Their kids are all grown up now and learning a lot about...