Reason-Sequel to Caution. Pur...

By silverspacechameleon

<i>"No I don't, why don't you show me?" He challenged staring her down, Meg would have gazed back" if h... More

Chapter 1: Painting the Doorses Red.
Chapter 2: Stronger Together.
Chapter 3 - Wild Imagination.
Chapter 4: He shaved...once...back when dinosaurs roam--didsomeonesaypudding?
Chapter 5: Un-lady like thoughts.
Chapter 6: Not Alone
Chapter 7: Blurs of Black and White
Chapter 8: PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME
Chapter 9: Choice
Chapter 10: Enters Creepy Lizard Thing
Chapter 11: Birthday Envy's
Chapter 12: A painful ordeal
Chapter 13: The Blue Frosting Blues
Chapter 14: Have Heart
Death Of A Friend: Part 1
Death of a Friend- Part 2
Death Of A Friend: Final
Chapter 15: Fleeting Hope.
Chapter 16: Choices We Make For The Ones We Love
Fluff: The Turtle and the Moon.
Completely Unrelated. Fluff Piece.

Chapter 17: When The Storm Clears...

7.1K 113 19
By silverspacechameleon

Ariel hated driving, especially when it was through heavy storms currently like the one she was driving through right now. Meg sat on the passenger seat beside her, her face practically plastered to the window, watching the heavy rain and winds that threatened to blow them away. It was Meg’s idea to take a route through the woods to get to Beacon Hill’s faster and avoid the outgoing traffic and Ariel was regretting the moment she agreed.

“Are you seeing this?” She exclaimed in awe, Ariel glared.

“Pretty stupid question don’t you think considering I am driving through it.” Meg deadpanned at the alpha’s snappy tone and leaned back against her seat.

“You know you are starting to sound a lot like Stiles.” She reminded and Ariel narrowed her eyes at the beta, Meg smiled all knowingly but then her smile fell the moment she recognized a vehicle in the distance.

 “Speaking of, isn’t that his car?” Ariel immediately pressed down on the brakes, sending the unsuspecting beta flying forward.

Ariel glared down at her ringing cell phone on her bed, Meg was sitting on the single bed beside Ariel’s bed, glancing frantically between the alpha and her cellular device.

“Aren’t you going to get that?” She mused.

“I shouldn’t.” Ariel spoke through gritted teeth.

“Is it Derek?” She asked in full alertness, Ariel shook her head.

“No...It’s Ethan.” Deciding against her better judgment, she picked up the phone.

“I saw you take your car, you are not as stealthy as you think.”  Ethan spoke, her frown deepened.

“Neither were you when you stabbed me in the back.”

“Hey Kali did the stabbing I did—“

“Nothing, per usual” she cut in taking a deep breath calm herself “What do you want Ethan?” She demanded cruelly.

He sighed and fell silent for a moment “I—we want you back Ariel.”

“You have got to be kidding me; did Deucalion put you up to this?”

“NO-no... things are so wrong, Aiden nearly pulled off that Cora chick’s head yesterday, he is more torn up than you think.” Ariel scoffed at his words and rolled her eyes.

“Well you can fuse together and be one fortified muscle man can’t you?” Her snarky comment didn’t rub off on him the best way, she would hear in the way he was taking deep jagged breaths.

“You did this all for him, didn’t you? For that Stilinski kid” He hissed through gritted teeth.

“No, I can differentiate between what’s right and wrong, you could too except you two clearly lack the balls.” She snapped while pacing the room. Meg watched her with wide bewildered eyes.

Is she having a phone fight? Meg pondered listening in on the whole conversation.

“You want to talk about right and wrong? How about how wrong it is for you to put so much faith into a boy that doesn’t give a shit about you—I saw him kissing that Lydia girl.”

Ariel tensed at the words he uttered, she froze.

“You are lying.” She murmured in anger, masking her uncertainty.

“You are the great one at deducting, you be the judge.” Was the last she heard from him before he hung up the phone. In a fit of rage she wanted to throw the blasted phone against the wall but she reminded herself she was more composed than that and carefully tucked the phone back into her pocket.

They found his jeep crashed against the tree, the headlights were still on and the wind grew only fiercer. Ariel and Meg got to the driver’s side of the jeep and wrenched open the door to find an unconscious Stiles with a bleeding head. Meg gasped at the sight, praying he wasn’t dead.

“Stiles wake up, Stiles!” Meg exclaimed shaking the male by the shoulders, he wouldn’t budge, Ariel nudged her to the side and abruptly brought her hand up, curling her fingers into a fist but in the last minute her palm made contact with the side of his face.

Stiles was shocked to awareness and looked to Ariel with wide unblinking eyes.

“You slapped me.” He murmured in disbelief, clutching to his stinging cheek. Meg sighed in relief and helped unbuckle his seat belt; Ariel was getting frustrated with the wind that kept forcing her hair over her eyes.

“Can you move?” she asked checking for any further injuries on the male, he nodded while shifting his body around to climbing out of the seat.

“Y-yeah but my head, Jesus—“A sudden panic set in and he jumped out of the jeep “Shit I am supposed to be helping Scott, him and the alphas are going to fight Jennifer.”

A sudden wave of dizziness washed over him and Ariel quickly brought his arm over her shoulders to help him.

“The school teacher? What the heck did she do?” Meg exclaimed, Stiles sighed and looked to the two girls, knowing there was a lot to explain.

While treading through the forest....

“She is the Darac? Are you freaking kidding me and Lydia is a Banshee? You mean like in Halo?” Meg demanded as they hurried through the forest heading for the Nemeton.

“What’s a Halo?”  Ariel asked Stiles shook his head in disbelief he was holding the steel bat he grabbed from his jeep.

“No not like Halo, geez Meg think a little more in the box.”

“Where are we going again?” Meg asked when they arrived at a really large stump, the wind bellowed around them, threatening to blow them away.

“To save my dad and the others, Jennifer has them trapped under—there it is!” Stiles immediately approached the trap door he saw near the tree and using the she-wolves help they lifted it up.

“It’s blocked; we can’t get in through here.” Ariel stated they all stared down at the rubble and slabs of wood that blocked their path to the torn down stairs. Stiles cursed but then the ground under them began to shake and a few feet beside them the earth collapsed and a crevice was formed.   

“There!” Stiles exclaimed, they approached the hole, he handed the bat over to Meg who grabbed it and Stiles jumped down before his hand shot out for the bat which Meg returned before the two females followed in after him.

 “Hey my vision is blurry, what the hell—“It was like she needed her glasses again.

“Meg?”

“Isaac!” Meg exclaimed ducking under a dangling slab of wood and avoiding Stiles steel bat that kept the earth falling onto them, Stiles and his father were hugging fiercely and she didn’t want to disturb them.

Her eyes lit up at the sight of Isaac panting and sweating he grinned when he saw her, though he was surprised by her presence at the same time.

“You handsome shark you,” She exclaimed smiling and hugged him tightly; Isaac laughed and embraced her tightly, they pulled away and Meg looked to Mrs. McCall and grinned.

“Oh Meg am I glad to see you.”Melissa murmured smiling fondly and hugged the girl.

 “You too and uh...” Meg’s smiled wavered when she looked to the Argents “You guys too I guess.” Alison uttered a breathy laugh and her father smiled too.

Ariel felt alienated and out of place, she had half the mind to turn and dash out the hole—if only the weather didn’t threaten to kill her. They were all reunited and most probably going to die but they were going to die together, it was poetic and sad.

“Ariel,” She was startled when a sudden pull on her hand resulted in her falling to her knees, Stiles had pulled her down by the arm so her head didn’t bump into a floor board above her.

“Stay close,” He pulled her to his side “or something might fall on you.” Their eyes met, icy to russet and Ariel felt such a deep sense of relief and adoration, knowing he was there with her.

“Ariel it’s good to see you again.” The sheriff awkwardly cut into their ogling, she looked to him and smiled warmly.

“You too Mr.Stilinski.”

“So which are you a hunter, Kanima or werewolf?”

“Pink dad, pink’s a werewolf—I told him everything.” Stiles explained looking to Ariel, she nodded in understanding.

“Oh, well that’s good, how are you taking it?” She wondered looking to Mr. Stilinski, he sighed and shrugged clearly overwhelmed by everything.

“I am still trying to come to grips with the whole situation.” He mumbled.

“I could show you my fangs if that help.” Ariel suggested, they both looked to her, she grinned.

“I am joking.” Stiles cracked a smile and the sheriff laughed.

The rumbling heavy winds suddenly stopped, the room fell silent.

“Is it over?” Alison asked her brown eyes wandering over the ceiling.

“Sounds like it.” Meg mused when her vision sharpened again along with her hearing. A heavy relieved sigh escaped the huntress lips and they all cheered in victory, except for Ariel—she kept her cool.

“We are not going to be ceremoniously crushed? That’s awesome.” Meg exclaimed throwing her arms around Isaac and Melissa in celebration. Ariel was surprised when Stiles and his father hugged around her, crushing her body between them, she sat awkwardly in between.

Stiles phone vibrated in his pants which everyone was aware of, he quickly pulled it out, glanced down at the caller ID before swiftly answering the call.

 “Scott?”

“Hey, you okay?” the young McCall asked pressing the phone to his ear; Derek sat behind him on a wooden bench of some kind, regaining his energy.

“Yeah I’m okay, we are all okay.” Stiles stated glancing at the rest of the refugees; Meg was practically a bouncing bundle of joy.

“Hey Scott!” She exclaimed unable to contain her enthusiasm.

“Meg?” Scott uttered in confusion, Derek immediately sat up alert at the mention of his love.

“How are you guys doing is everything alright?” Stiles asked when Meg was shoved away by Ariel by a hand to the face.

Scott glanced back at Derek for a response; he shrugged made a vague hand gesture.
“Sort of.” The true alpha mumbled.

“Think you guys can come get us?” Stiles wondered unsurely.

“Yeah of course.”

“Great okay um” He began to trace the sand under him “…bring a ladder.” They all laughed at his last words.   

'''''''

Somehow they all ended up back at Derek’s loft, well almost everyone, with the exception of the Alpha twins and the parents, who Meg guessed was probably having their own celebration.

“Okay so Ms Blake was Kali’s emissary and that’s how it all started?”

“Yes.”

“So the Nemeton isn’t another Decepticon and is actually a tree that gives power to Druids that Scott has tattooed on his arm because he has come across the stump before when he first got bitten?”

“Pretty much.” Scott said with a gentle shrug of his shoulders.

“And a True alpha is not an alpha that tells the truth but an alpha that becomes an alpha from the sheer force of will?” they all nodded simultaneously and Meg sighed, her shoulders slumping in disbelief as  Scott, Stiles, Alyson, Lydia and Isaac stared at her pityingly.

 “Damn and I missed all that? I was gone for like a week—“ She whispered still reeling from all the information, she glanced at Ariel who stood beside her with that same blank expression on her face, all of the news didn’t seem to faze her.

“Three weeks, Meg. Clearly you weren’t paying attention then either.” Meg dead panned and rolled her eyes in response to Ariel’s accusatory tone, the female alpha crossed her arms over her chest and glowered at the Beta.  

“She is cranky because of the long drive back.” Meg informed her friends who looked curious, Ariel snorted. 

“You talk too much.”

“Well somebody’s gotta fill the silence; I was going to go crazy if I had to listen to another season by Vivaldi—I rather enjoy it the normal way, every three months.”

“I was trying to drown out your annoying monologues.” Their eyes were darting back and forth between the two, Stiles was amused by the entire ordeal but his fascination was short lived because his was still pondering reasons for Ariel’s cold exterior towards him.

“Whatcha talking about, I am fascinating.” Meg huffed crossing her arms over her chest like a ten year old.

“You were trying to decide which type of pie you liked best.”

“Apple definitely apple.” Stiles added and this caught Ariel’s attention, she stared and he gazed back. He was hoping for a quick shifty eyed look and blushing cheeks, part of him hoped that her intense feelings for him was the reason why she couldn’t bear to look at him, but when she looked away her expression held the same coolness that made his heart fall into his stomach.

Meg, oblivious to the exchange casually added “I don’t know because now I am thinking about blueberry.”

“Damn I could really use a blueberry pie right now.” Scott agreed

“With whip cream and some ice cream.” Alyson suggested, Isaac groaned in appreciation of the mental image.

“Ohhhh yeah that’s the stuff.” Scott grunted, Cora looked to her brother who stood looming over the teenagers with his muscular arms crossed in their usual way but she was paying the most attention to his face. The way he stared down at Meg with so much longing –and hope that she would look his way, Cora dead-panned at the girl.

“You know the bakery place is not that far off, why don’t we all go?”Alyson suggested with a large dimpled smile, Meg’s eyes lit up at the idea and the boys—except Derek—nodded eagerly.

“Sweet!”

“Yeah man let’s go.”

“Now’s your chance” Derek was surprised by his sister’s whisper, she was nudging her elbow in Meg’s direction hinting at something which he immediately picked up on. Megra was bouncing at the opportunity to sink her teeth into some pie, she was starving from the ride back to Beacon Hills and she wanted to know more about what had happened when she was away, this was the perfect chance.  

She pushed Ariel in the direction of the door, accidentally making her bump into Stiles—which she clearly didn’t appreciate from the glare she shot Meg’s way. She was about to follow their chattering forms out the door when she realized Derek wasn’t in front of them, she spun around to find him standing behind her all by his lonesome seemingly in his own thoughts.  

 “Hey, you don’t want to go for pie?” Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts; he looked to her before glancing at the door behind her.

“In a bit” He replied and took a step to her “we need to talk.”

Meg wanted to as why but then it clicked, of course he would want to talk it’s been a month since. “Oh right, sorry about that, when someone says pie that’s all I could think about, sorry.” She stated apologetically

“Yeah I know.” He smirked faintly, an awkward silence fell over them, both of them contemplating what to say and how to start the conversation.

“Listen Derek I—“

“I am sorry.” He cut in. She gazed up into his pale vulnerable grey eyes and immediately felt her heart melt in her body.

“It’s okay—“

“I was trying to protect you.” She reached out and gently gripped him by the forearm as tenderly as possible while looking deep into his eyes.

“—I know.” She said Derek stared unsure of what to say or do. His heart was pounding in his chest from just being near, he didn’t know how he expected to speak.

 “I mean I understand, I was really angry but once I calmed down…” She added and took a step back and he instantly missed her touch and suddenly felt insecure. Meg began pacing and Derek listened intently, clearing she had been waiting a while to say what she wanted, he wanted to know, it spared him from having to speak.

“Everything was falling apart and it was the only way you thought was rational, it was wrong—but rational.” She said but there was hardness in her eyes from just the remembrance of that night, she stepped to him “I wanted to stay with you, I wanted to help you Derek so I didn’t appreciate you just tossing me in a trunk and sending me off.”

She was still angry, that much was clear “You think I wanted to do it? I knew you wouldn’t just agree to leave, I didn’t want to risk losing you.” He replied truthfully.

“What about you, you think you matter less?” She exclaimed, Derek was surprised by her outburst. Meg sighed and inhaled deeply to calm herself before looking to him again with shining amber eyes

“I couldn’t fall a sleep at night because I kept picturing you dead or worse, did you forget that I already went through that?” Derek felt guilty from the sincere pain and sadness in her large eyes; he averted his gaze to the wooden floor boards for a moment. “I mean I love you so much and then you had to be all dramatic and tell me you loved me too before you—“

“Love.” He had uttered so abruptly and without realization, but the word just slipped his lips and it was hard to contain from how much his heart swelled.

Meg froze in her rant and turned to him

“What?” She whispered. Derek stood back in a safe but close distance, holding her stare with gleaming silver eyes.

“Present tense.” He added it felt like the contents of her stomach had magically transformed into fluttering butterflies. The air around them had suddenly changed in just one simple correction, Meg hated that he had so much power over her and she hated that she couldn’t stay on topic. The true extent of how much she missed him crashed on to her like a fifty foot tsunami and she was filled with such a wave of longing and need that she had trouble breathing.

“Right, then you—you made me forget my point, can we just kiss already?” Derek was on her in one quick stride, he swept her into his arms, one hand buried beneath the dark curls of her hair while the other crushed her chest to his before kissing her senseless. Meg returned the kiss with eager abandoned and he raked his fingers through her hair deliciously roughly, clutching on to her midnight tresses. She was gripping the sides of his shirt trying to pull him in with needy, thirsty greed.

Derek groaned in enchantment at their passionate embrace and his hold on her grew tighter, savoring the taste of her lips and the scent of her skin. He was worried in the beginning about facing her again, especially her reaction to the fact that he was no longer an Alpha but none of that mattered—not when he knew she loved him to purely and regardless of his status as a wolf but only for his spirit as a man.

They broke their kiss, flushed and panting. Meg hadn’t even realized that during the kiss Derek had lifted her in his arms and now her feet were dangling in the air. Her arms that were thrown over his shoulders clutched on tighter and she smiled down at him, he returned it with manly dents forming in his handsome face. Meg knew she would never get enough of that gorgeous smile, it was maddening.

She is so beautiful, he couldn’t help but muse fondly staring at tumbled-down hair in disarray and the charming blush in her cheeks. How he managed to find the superhuman strength to let her go he would never understand, she knocked her forehead gently against his, her small hands cupping his face lovingly.

“You know if we continue to stay here we won’t get to have any pie.” She mused; Derek chuckled and gently lowered her back to the flat floor.

“You mean you won’t get to have any pie.”

“Oh come on, she made me cut down on pastries as part of my training.” Meg whined as their fingers intertwined. Derek relaxed at the feeling over soft, warm hands in his grip once more.

“I should have done that.” He pondered; she gaped and then pouted up at him.

“You don’t mean that do you?” She murmured vulnerable and hurt, he smiled down at her delectable nature.

“Of course not” He cooed and she grinned “Food is the only distraction I can use to my advantage against you.”

Her smile fell and she stared flatly, he smirked evilly and she snorted at the door and pulled at the handle while looking to him.

“Oh ha-ha, being away from you has made your lame jokes BETA” it took but a moment for the jab to sink in, but by then the door had opened wide to reveal Scott, Stiles, Alyson and Isaac trying their best to hide their snickering faces Derek glared at their friends who had were waiting for them and happened to hear Meg’s joke. He glowered down at Meg and she grinned cheekily though their locked hands never wavered. 

                                                                                             ~*~

“Come on do it again.” She urged practically jumping on her feet, Derek stood leaning against the edge of the table.

“Meg...” Derek groaned rolling his eyes at his girlfriend, Meg pouted.

“Please please pretty please.” She begged, sighing he gave in and allowed his eyes to shift into an icy blue, she stared utterly entranced.

“Ugh, they are so gorgeous.” She murmured in awe before abruptly pouncing on him and raiding his face with kisses, his arms fell to her waist on instinct.

Cora chuckled at Meg’s strange nature; her brother had indeed found the perfect woman for him, and one that didn’t give a damn about his status as an alpha. She loved him all the same—possibly even more now that he had his blue eyes back.

“So Kali is dead, which is a real shame because Ariel taught me some kick ass moves, could have won.” Meg stated with much enthusiasm after having showered Cora’s brother with kisses.

“Emphasis on the ‘could’” Cora teased Meg huffed haughtily. 

“Even in death she manages to get in the way, considering we had to clean up the mess she felt behind.” Megra added.  

“Technically this was all done by Miss Blake.” Cora pointed out, Derek nodded in agreement.

“So what’s next, where do we go from here?” Day wondered glancing between her boyfriend and his sister.

“How about a little change of scenery?” Derek suggested.

“What do you mean?”

“You still want to find your mother don’t you?” Meg shrugged unsurely.

“That can wait, we don’t have to—“

“No let’s do that, this place has given us nothing but trouble, it would be best if we moved away for a while.” Cora cut in willingly.

“Yes and I don’t want to leave you again, not this time.” He murmured to Meg, grasping her fingers in his and staring deep into her eyes, she blushed under his intense gaze and looked to Cora and smiled.

“Cool, let’s do that.”

''''''''''''''

 “You are leaving? But you just got here” Scott exclaimed in disbelief, they arrived at the loft the moment they heard the news—they meaning Isaac and Stiles too—.

“I know it’s a little spontaneous but Derek and Cora want a change of scenery and I have to find my mom.” Meg said, Derek and Cora were busy packing their things.

“You think she might be alive?” Stiles wondered choosing his words carefully, Meg shrugged and scratched the back of her head.

“Hopefully, I am kinda nervous about it.” She admitted, Scott placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“She did risk her life trying to find you, don’t expect rejection.” He said she was instantly assured by his words.

“Yeah I mean if that’s not love I don’t know what is.” Isaac added confidently.

“We will be back, I can’t tell you when exactly but—I will miss you guys so much.” Their hearts melted at the sight of her eyes brimming in unshed tears.

“We will miss you too Meg.” Stiles said and gestured for Scott and Isaac, they enveloped her in a massive group hug.

“Ugh you guys you are going to make me cry, get out of here I have to pack.” She insisted squatting away Scott’s hands that desired to pinch her face and Stiles who kept ruffling her hair.

“See you Meg and be safe.” Scott said.

“Yeah and don’t get into any trouble.” Stiles added jokingly, she grinned.

“I will.”

She watched them bid their goodbyes to Derek and Cora before leaving, Isaac stayed behind and Meg turned to him.

“You know you can come with us Isaac.”

“Yeah I know but, I am needed here.” His blue eyes clouded in thought and Meg wondered who he was thinking about so fondly, he immediately snapped out of his thoughts and looked to her. “I’ll miss you though.” He said before ruffling her hair, she huffed.

What is with these guys and messing up ma dew?

“I know man, who is going to bake me cakes now.” She said tauntingly, elbowing him gently in the ribs, he rolled his eyes and frowned.

“Oh ha-ha.” He uttered before swiftly bringing her into a head lock.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''

“Maan, I really liked this place.” Meg said sadly, her eyes swerving around the loft “Good bye home.” She called sadly.

“Good bye kitchen.” She waved forlornly “Good bye couch“

Derek was balancing the strap of his bag on his shoulder while watching Meg release a pillar she was hugging.

“Anything else?” He asked when she made her way to him “I think you missed that little speck of dust on the floor.” He stated sarcastically.

“Oh yeah,” She looked to where he pointed to “good bye speck of—“

“Oh for god’s sake.” Derek groaned, rolling his eyes and stomping up the steps of the entrance, she grinned after him and Cora was watching the entire exchange with an amusement dancing in her eyes.   

They exited the loft, looking back at it one more time and Derek placed a hand on the door latch and paused, and looked to Meg.

“You want to close the door?” He offered, she smiled and shook her head.

“Nah you go ahead, I want to lock it.” She said the keys jingling in her hands, he snorted and pulled the heavy door, the steel wheels rolled under the door and slide forward, slowly blocking their view of the room. She locked it and handed the keys to Derek who took them and shoved them into his jacket pocket.  

“Let’s go,” Cora insisted not wanting to linger for too long, Meg nodded and they followed after her, though Meg paused for a moment to look back at the door.

She felt a pressure on her hand, warm and comforting. Derek’s hand around hers tightened and he smiled down affectionately, she grinned wondering why she was so hesitant to leave when her whole world was travelling with her. He pulled her under his arm and she gladly accepted the embrace and wrapped one arm around his strong torso, Derek dotingly pecked her on the forehead and they made their way down the steel steps.

FIN

I made you guys a surprise didn't I? Well I am clearly waaay too attached to this story and I need to find some entertainment before TeenWolf begins again in...January (I want to pull my freaking hair out!) So I've decided to update little fluff pieces, mainly all the adventures Meg and Derek and Cora will be having in their search for Bridgett. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN, so stayed tuned you guys 

And please rate comment 

Also I would like to thank all of you for your support especially my good friend @BlueMeerkat, guurl you so fiiiine ;) 

xxx

SSC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3M 364K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
14.8K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
2.4K 86 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...