When We Were Young// Yugyeom...

By aesthetic-hoshi

"Well, I fell in love with him. The way he taught me to dance, the countless sleepovers, how he always defend... More

Chapter 1: First encounters
Chapter 2: Christmas
Chapter 3: Grounded
Chapter 4: savior
Chapter 5: promise kept
Chapter 6: betrayal
Chapter 7: Abandoned
Chapter 8- Reencounters
Chapter 9: New friends
Chapter 10: second chances
Chapter 11: Forever.
Chapter 12: opportunities
Chapter 13: Dorms
Chapter 14: Haunted
Chapter 15: Fear
Chapter 16: Concepts
Chapter 17: Battles
Chapter 18: Fix you
Chapter 19: obstacles
Chapter 20: revenge
Chapter 21: Roommates
Chapter 22: House rules
Chapter 23: Fun and Games
Chapter 24: Hangover
Chapter 25: Paparazzi
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 27: Denial
Chapter 28: Thunderstorms
Chapter 29: Treehouse
chapter 30: star gazing
Chapter 31: New student
Chapter 32: Threatened
Chapter 33: interrupted moments
Chapter 34: Teasing
Chapter 35: Niece
Chapter 36: Set backs
Chapter 37: Reveal
Chapter 38: Warehouse
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 40: Last hope
Chapter 41: Aftermath
HAPPY YUGYEOM DAY
Chapter 42: The end

Chapter 26: Performance

722 22 9
By aesthetic-hoshi

"Are you ready?" Yugyeom asks as we stand behind the curtain.

"Not really but do we have a choice?"

"I guess not."

We hear the speaker announce, "And now we present Kim Yugyeom and King Sungjee, the hottest headline of the month!

"Let's do this." I say and link my arm with his. We walk out onto the stage and cameras start flashing everywhere. Yugyeom pulls out the chair for me and I sit down down before he scoots my chair closer to the table.

"Sungjee, Sungjee!"

"Over here!"

"Give us a quote please!"

I point at a guy so he may ask his question.

"Can you please tell us about Jake?"

"Yes, sir. I used to date this guy. We were together for about a year but I caught him cheating on me one day. I broke up with him at that instant and coincidentally, he was the one who hit me with the car the other day."

"Thank you," the reporter politely replies while scribbling what I had just said onto his little notepad.

Yugyeom points to a women for the next question.

"What is your previous and current relationship with miss Sungjee?"

"Jee and I have known each other since we were six. We grew up together and were basically inseparable. She's the one who inspired to come and be an idol. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her." All the reporters aw and continue to scribble some more. "So when Jake cheated on her, I obviously did whatever I could to comfort her and make her feel better about herself. However, I had to come here a little too soon but she was understanding and caring about it. I was going to come back and surprise her after I made it but she kind of found me. I like to believe that fate brought us back together, don't you think?" He looks down at me and I nod with a big smile.

"Now why did you punch Jake in the face? The car thing was an accident after all."

"I know and I admit that that was wrong. I take full responsibility for it but I am so sorry. It was just built up anger that I couldn't hold in for that guy anymore and I couldn't stand him hurting my Sungjee one more time. I wanted to protect her. She's my best friend and always will be."

"Thank you."

I couldn't take my eyes off of Yugyeom. His words seemed so sincere and so sweet I just couldn't hold myself back. I jumped up and hugged him with all the force in my will. He pulls me onto his back to carry me piggyback. "Now, please look forward to our performance tonight. No further questions, thank you!" He runs off the stage with me still on his back.

I jump off his back and he spins me around to face him. "We did it! They really seemed convinced!" He pulls me into a huge bear hug with a spin. We were both giggling in joy for a minute but then it all comes back to me.

I cough and break away from his grasp. "Um, yeah good job. Thank god the cameras are gone. We can finally stop pretending."

"But jee-"

"Come on, we have to get ready for our performance tonight. Let's go." I head into the dressing room without looking back at him and without having to face my true emotions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unknown POV

"No further questions, thank you!"

Sooooo Yugyeom and Jee have found each other again? And they're both in Seoul? And they both work for Jyp?

They just gave away all of the information I've been searching for. Great job guys! You've just made my job so much easier. I know what I have to do now. Sungjee, you're going down. You won't see the light of day ever again. You're going to be more miserable then ever when I'm done with you. That's a promise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sungjee's POV

I straighten out my blue dress and twirl my black and red hair between my fingers.

The nerves were starting to get to me. Yugyeom and I were about to perform this couple dance in front of hundreds of people. Not to mention the people who will be watching at home. But if I really want to prove myself, this has to be the best performance of my life.

"Up next, we have GOT7's Yugyeom and new trainee Sungjee performing a dance!" The crowd cheers and I could hear the music start.

From backstage I see Yugyeom stride on stage with full confidence. It comes so naturally to him. He was meant to be an idol. Maybe him leaving was for the best and I shouldn't make him feel bad because of it. I mean look at his charisma! I won't be able to ever do this. But I guess I kinda have to now considering I have to go out in one more eight count.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...

The lights dim down and the music cuts off with an impacting boom. I walk onto stage and Yugyeom holds my waist to begin the dance. The stage lights come back on dark blue and white to match my dress and the dark love vibe. The crowd cheers in anticipation and Yugyeom gives me a look to confirm if I'm ready and I nod in response. He takes my hand and gives me a concerned look because of it's shakiness. I flash him a fake smile to show him that I'm fine but Yugyeom knows me too well. He can tell I'm dying inside.

I play it off and continue with the dance. It was my little solo for about 2 eight count but honestly it could've been a lot better. I stumbled a lot and my arabesque was super shaky. The crowd was losing its hype and I could feel it. Yugyeom took my hand and spun me to him a little earlier than he should've. He held my waist and pulled me so our bodies were against each other. He was improvising. He bends down and whispers in my ear. "You can do this. It's just you and me. No one else matters right now. Just like the sixth grade dance. Everyone was watching but it was just you and me in that moment. This is our moment."

The crowd was cheering since they thought that this was a romance element of the dance. Its just me and him. No one else. I can do this.

Yugyeom spins me and snaps me back so we can start our couples dance. It felt so natural and safe and my nerves dropped instantly as soon as we looked into each others eyes. He lifts me up and I wrap my leg around his waist while his lifts the other one up as high as it can go. He dips down and takes me with him before swooping me around and propping me down on the floor. I turn off the stage to quickly change out of my heels and into my ballet slippers. JYP wanted me to show every aspect of my dancing skills. I grand jete back onto the stage and Yugyeom picks me up in the middle of it. I spin into a calipso and run into an aerial and land in the splits. I roll out of it and back into Yugyeom's hold. I kick my leg up so that he is able to hold it up. He shifts it into an arabesque and I rise to the ball of my foot. In this position he started spinning us slowly while the crowd went wild. It felt so good to dance with him. I felt confident and relieved and free. I feel like I can actually be me which is what I've been looking for since I moved here. And he's finally allowed me to do that. We continue with our dance before the end of the song nears and I jump into his arms. We end in our usual forehead to forehead pose with him holding my thigh. We were panting and smiling like crazy while the audience was cheering and stood up from their seats. We release the pose and bow before leaving the stage. I squeal and jump into his arms for a hug. He was spinning me around in this hug before someone coughed behind us. It was none other than our boss.

"I knew you could pull this off. The crowd really enjoyed this and the press conference. Social media is blowing up right now. And guess what's trending at #3 on Twitter right now?" He hands yugyeom and I his tablet which was open on the twitter trending page. "#Yugjeeforever"

Yugyeom and I look at each other in shock. Yugjee? Really?

"Some fans are totally shipping you two...as more than friends. Some however, completely hate the idea of you two being friends and want Sungjee out of the picture."

"Oh." I put my head down and yugyeom puts his arm around me in comfort.

"Yet," JYP continues, "the number of shippers outweighs the number of haters by a landslide. They want to see you two together and thriving. You have the potential to be the hottest couple of the decade. So in order to completely clean this mess up, you two have to date. It doesn't matter if the love is real or not but you two have to be together. At least for the media. Yugjee is now alive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 594 20
"And when they ask you about me and you find yourself thinking back on all of our memories, I hope you ache in regret as the truth hits you like a bu...
91.7K 3.5K 27
"As days pass, I fall even more in love with you. But a day will eventually come that all those feelings will just disappear." I can't be in love wit...
58K 2.2K 68
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙯𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙘? 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙪𝙩 ..
90.6K 6.8K 32
COMPLETED. i hated my life before i met you. MARK + JAEBEOM YUGYEOM + BAMBAM