Friends to Lovers... Impossib...

By loveispriceless

I really don't know what's gotten into me? Surely there isn't a disease that makes you miss a person so much... More

Best Friends
Library
Nate Fisher
The Game
This is not a "date"
I don't associate with playboys
Jealousy?
Are you scared of losing your best friend?
The Party (part 1)
The Party (part 2)
Nate's Confession
Waiting for her
Liz's Confrontation
Kou's Reply
First Kiss
Girlfriend
I'll be right here by your side
I love you

Friends to Lovers

4.9K 202 18
By loveispriceless

Kevin's P.o.V

Before I knew it, I had Kou up against the nearest locker her legs wrap around my waist, and my lips on hers. Moaning with pleasure I thought how wonderful she tasted at the moment, like strawberries and chocolate. I couldn't get enough of her, she just felt so right in my arms.

I have waited so long to hear her say those three words. Since the day I found out how I felt about Kou, my only wish was for her to feel the same for me. I know that actions speak more than words, and I have no doubt that Kou felt more than friendship for me. However, I always contemplate if she really loved me that way I love her.

Kou is not the type of person that will lie about her feelings, and I knew that if someday she told me she loved me that will be the day her heart will be mines. Never wanting to pressure her, I waited, until this very moment. When I thought the day couldn't get any better, Kou decided to prove me wrong. To be honest if she wasn't with me we probably wouldn't have won today. She has given me more than I could ask for. She has taught me how to love, how to be a great person, and what it means to be a man. Before Kou I was just a boy who lived day-by-day and only care about my pleasures, but falling in love with Kou has made me a better man.

Yet, is it selfish of me to take all of what she has given me and keep her to myself? I want to be the only one to see the way she blushes when I give her a simple compliment, or the way her eyebrows scrunch close together when she's mad. I want to be the only one to show her that it's not the outside beauty that counts but what's on the inside. I want to show her that the curves she hates so much are one of the things I love most about her, they make her who is she and I wouldn't change that for the world.

I'm scared though, that all of this might be a dream and that I'll wake up any moment and everything would be just lie. However, as I felt Kou's soft body press against mine, I knew that this was no dream. The girl I have given my heart to is right here in my arms.

I gently release Kou away from the lockers and let her slide down to the ground, just as I slip my lips away from hers. She was breathing heavily, eyes closed, and her lips were red and swollen from the kiss. I had to resist the urge to kiss her all of over again.

"Open your eyes chipmunk." I watch as Kou's eyes slowly flicker open. Like always her eyes were the most beautiful mocha color. It wasn't until right then that it dawn to me that I was making out with Kou up against the locker walls. What would she think of me, was I being too aggressive? Just as I was about to apologize I saw Kou's whole face light up and a huge smile appear.

"Wow," Kou said breathlessly, "That was amazing."

I chuckle, well at least she liked it. "You like that huh?"

A deep blush appear on Kou's cheeks as she looked away, avoiding eye contact. I turn her face towards me again, as I move my face closer to hers, "Did you want to do it again?"

Kou gave me a slight nod. Oh, hallelujah, I thought as I lean in separating the space between us. I was centimeters from her lips when I felt a hand on my chest stopping me.

"Next time." Kou said softly.

"Pardon?" I ask confuse.

"Next time." Kou continued, "Next time, when the time and place is right. Kevin, remember we are still at school."

I straighten back up instantly. Oh crap, Kou was right. I was so into the moment that I completely forgot. Thank god Coach went home before me, it wouldn't look so good if he saw me making out with my girlfriend, let alone at school up against the lockers. "Sorry" I replied.

Kou shook her head, "I was at fault as much as you. But don't you think it's almost time to go home?"

Shoot, I thought while looking down at my watch, it was already 11:13 pm. I better get home before my parents call the police and file for a missing report. "Come on Kou, let's go," I said, grabbing her hand and walking out the door.

"So I'm just wondering," I said as we continue to walk towards my car while holding hands. "When's our next make-out session?"

After a long pause Kou finally answer, "Whenever you want it to be."

Stopping dead in my tracks I turn to her, "Are you serious?" Could I really be that lucky, is it possible she's playing a trick on me.

"That is," Kou began to say just as she release my hand and ran towards the car yelling, "If you can catch me."

Oh the chase is on I thought as I ran after her. Yep, we are never getting home tonight.

___________________________________

-8 years later-

Kou's P.o.V

"Knock... Knock, I'm home."

"Mommy, daddy's home." My four year old daughter Alison exclaimed happily. I watch as she jump down from her chair and ran out the kitchen.

Wiping the water from my hands I yelled after her, "Alison no running." She always gets overly excited when her dad comes home. By the time I got to the front door she was already in her father's arms. I walk up to Kevin and gave him a peck on the lips, "Welcome home honey."

"Eww..." Alison cried, covering her eyes with her little eyes. We both just chuckled at her.

Kevin brought his left hand up and place the palm gently on my right cheek. I turn my head slightly to nuzzle his warm hand, how I miss his touch. "I miss you." He said softly.

"I miss you too." I said back as I brought my right hand to cover his. "Did you have a –."

"Daddy, Daddy" Alison exclaimed happily.

Dropping his hand from my cheek he turn to Alison giving her his full attention. "Yes, peanut what is it?"

"You know what, I saw your game today."

"Did you now?"

"Yes I did!" Alison blurt out happily waving her arms around and wiggling in her father's arms. "I saw you go like whoosh with your hand and then mommy said Uncle Todd hold the ball and then he run a lot.

"That was pretty awesome wasn't it?" Kevin said as he walk to the living room, Alison still in his arms. Kevin sat her down on the couch next to him. "But do you know what's even better than that?"

"Wat?" Alison ask curiously.

"I bought my little peanut a present."

"Really," Alison shouted, jumping up from her seat, and standing on the couch.

I watch from the living room entranceways as Kevin pulled out a small golden box. He open it and pulled out a necklace that looks so similar to the one that hung from my neck. However instead of it being a single star, there were two mini stars connected together.

My eyes were drawn back to Alison when I heard her cried happily, "Wow daddy it sooooooo pretty. Can you put it on me, can you?'

I watch as Kevin put the necklace around her neck. Right when Kevin clip the necklace on Alison jump down from the couch and ran towards me yelling, "Mommy, mommy look what daddy got me."

I crouch down to take a closer look at the necklace. There was no mistaking it the necklace was almost identical to the matching necklaces we are currently wearing. How was he able to get the exact design? "It is gorgeous. Make sure you keep it safe alright?"

"I promise." Alison said giving me a small salute.

"Well then my little minion, we should probably finish cooking so we can eat dinner. Did you still want to help mommy?"

"Yes please!" she said skipping to the kitchen.

I turn to Kevin, "Go shower, and relax a bit, you have had a long day. By the time you're done, dinner should be ready."

Walking up to me and giving me a kiss on the forehead he replied, "I'll be back."

I watch him walk up the stairs to our bedroom as I made my way back to my daughter in the kitchen.

__________________________

Finishing cleaning and the dishes I walk to the living where Kevin and Alison was watching a movie, I think I heard Alison say she wanted to watch Finding Nemo. Instead of walking in and joining them right away, I lean against the wall and watch as two of the people I love most in the world snuggle close together.

I couldn't believe it has already been eight years since High School, it seems like just yesterday when we were kids. Right after High School Kevin was able to get a football scholarship to the school of his choice. Wanting to be with him, I attended the same college and was able to get my degree in Nursing.

Kevin played phenomenal during college and by the time he graduated he sign a contract with the Denver Broncos as there new quarterback. I would never forget that day, it was one of the happiest days of my life. The day he found out that he would be playing for the Broncos in the NFL, was also the day he propose to me.

Liz was of course my maid of honor and to this day she was still one of my best girlfriends. She actually got married before me. Todd and Liz got married right after High School, so many people said that they were making a big mistake but to this day their love was a strong as ever. Todd was also playing for the Broncos as for Liz she is living happily as a housewife of 3 lovely children.

As for Nate he is currently playing for the New York Giant. Right after High School he moved back to California to live with his father, I haven't seen him since he moved. The last time I heard, he was engaged to foreign actress.

As for me, in the same year that Kevin and I got married, was the year I gave birth to the love of my life, my daughter. Kevin is a great father, even though he is so busy with practice and games, he always made time for his girls. Unlike Liz who loves being a housewife, I couldn't bring myself to stay home every day, so I put my nursing degree to good use. I am currently working part time at a hospital near my daughter's daycare, that way I can pick her up right when I get off work.

Over the course of the years it would constantly dawn to me that if I never gave Kevin a chance I wouldn't be as happy as I am right now. If I would have rejected Kevin's confession and never fallen in love with him, I couldn't image where I would be today. Even over the years we have been together, his love for me never swayed. In fact I feel like our love only grows stronger as we age together.

I made my way to the couch and sat down next to a very asleep Alison snuggling against her father. "So you finally decided to join us." Kevin said turning towards me.

"Both of you looked so peaceful sitting there, so I didn't want to disturbed you."

We sat there in silence watching the movie. It was just getting to my favorite part, Marline just woke up on the back of the sea turtle's shell after battling the jellyfishes. I was relax and enjoying the movie when I felt Kevin grab my hand holding it tight. "Kevin," I said.

"Yes."

"Where did you get that necklace you give Alison today?"

Turning to me he gave me a light smile, "I got it custom made because I wanted it to match ours."

"But there are two stars." I said confuse. If he wanted it to match ours, shouldn't he have made an exact replica of it?

Gripping my hand tighter he answer, "I know, I made it that way for a reason." When he saw my confuse look he continue, "Look closely at the necklace." I did what he wanted. "There are two identical stars connected together. One star represent you and the other is me. They are connected together because we have come together to make one single star, our daughter. Kou, eight years ago you gave me my half of the necklace as a signal of our friendship, and eight years ago I realized my feelings for you. Now eight years later we have created a life together and I have never regretted a single moment. Kou, I love you."

Alison wiggled and snuggle closer to the base of her father's side, allowing me to lean my head against Kevin's shoulders. "I love you too." Kevin chuckled, "Why are you laughing?" I questioned.

"I was just remembering how hard it was for you to say those three words to me, now it comes so naturally."

"Yes that does seem like a long time ago, but those three words still hold true to this day." I felt Kevin squeeze my hand even tighter signaling his agreement. Still holding onto Kevin's hands I lifted my head from his shoulders. "Kevin, there is something I need to tell you."

"What is it," Kevin ask concern. He must have heard the seriousness in my tone of voice. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, it just....Kevin, I'm pregnant."

"What, really?" Kevin shouted, his eyes beaming with excitement.

I place my index finger over my lips making a shush sound and pointing to Alison. "Sorry," He whispered, "Are you really pregnant?"

"Yes," I nodded, my eyes watery from tears of joy.

Ever so lightly Kevin picked Alison up and place her by the edge of the couch, tucking a pillow under her head, and before I knew I was lifted into the air and spun around the living room. Giggling I yell quietly, "Put me down Kevin, I'm heavy."

The room cease to turn as Kevin stop spinning, but he didn't let me down yet. "You are never to heavy, my love."

I grab both of his cheeks and squeeze them, making his lips pucker, bending down I gave him a smacking wet kiss. "Tell me that in nine months."

"Certainty," He said as he sat me down and gave me a real kiss to seal the promise.

Some people will say that friends should never become lovers, because if they break up their relationship will never be the same again. Honestly, that was what I was afraid of in the beginning when Kevin confess to me. If we did become lovers our friendship would never be the same and that is something I never wanted to happen. However, Kevin has taught how to take chances and to not be afraid of change. But more than anything Kevin has proven to me that it is possible for friends to become lovers.

The End

___________________________

Hello Readers,

If you are reading this then that means you have finish "Friends to lovers.....Impossible!"

This last chapter has been an emotional ride for me, I wasn't sure how I wanted to end this book, but I hope that you guys are happy with the ending I have chosen.

I hope that you guys have enjoy reading this book as much as I had fun writing it.

I just wanted to thank everybody who took the time to read this story, I wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for your encouragement and votes. I can't thank you guys enough.

Lastly, I am currently working on another story called, "Love me Curvy." Unfortunately it's for mature audience only, if you are of age please check it out. Below is a little about the book.

___________

What I find the most hurtful and the hardest thing is liking someone to only have them fall in love with my younger and more beautiful sister. Or have guys who would befriend me and pretend to be nice to me just so they can get close to my sister. It truly hurts knowing I am being use for someone else's goals. However, I would never blame her for any of this, for it is not her fault that all the guys I ever liked has fallen in love with her instead.

I just come to realize that not everyone is meant to fall in love and I might just be one of those people. Because I am starting to wonder if there is really a guy out there who is willing to look past my weight and insecurity, and not fall in love with my baby sister at the same time.

Erin has always been the ugly sister and the black sheep of the family. She grew up in a world of perfection, and yet she was far from perfect. She has learn that like herself, the world was far from perfect. If the world was perfect the guys that she ever had feelings for would have chosen her instead of her sister.

But the world is far from perfect, so Erin has come to learn that sometime love isn't meant for everyone. So she had decided to dedicate her time and life to her students and being single.

Everything was fine and she was perfectly content with her life, until she met Caden...

_____________ 

Thank you all for your support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5.5K 49
He's cold, insensitive and rude... But why can't I stay away? ******************** My love life was the last of my problems. Last year, bullies, pen...
90K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
143K 5.8K 29
"How can you say that?!" I yell at him. "It's simple Korinna. You and I will never be friends again. And you can sit there all you want and pretend...
339K 9.4K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...