(Sequel To MITNN) Life Of The...

By Dalton159

Sequel to Mutant Is The New Normal More

Prologue
1) New Member
2) The building
3)The Great Escape
4) Viral
5)The Party
6) Superheros
7) Normal Life
8) New
9) Aidan
10) Meniff
12) Dreams
13) Fortune
14) Revealed
15) End

11) What's Going On?

599 40 1
By Dalton159

Shawn p.o.v.

Taylor and I cuddle as we lay down on the couch, watching TV as his Taylor's little brother plays with little Legos. Everybody went out tonight, while we stayed to take care of Tristen. I'm happy since it's the only quiet time we've had in the last couple of months. Living with a lot of people doesn't really give you any silent time.

"So...you're birthday is coming up," I mention to Taylor. "And by coming up, I mean tomorrow night." Him and I both chuckle at that.

"Yeah, what were you thinking of doing?"

"Well I was thinking of maybe doing a little party. What do you think?"

As long as it's with you, I'll be great, he tells me. "I think that it's--," he gets cut off by the doorbell ringing. We frown and sit up looking back at the door. "Who could that be?" Taylor stands up and walks over to the front door. I get up too and so does Tristen and we follow Taylor to the front door.

Taylor looks out the peep hole and frowns. He opens the door and we're all surprise at who is standing on the other side. "Mommy," Tristen squeals before running over to her. She picks him up and spins him around as he giggles.

"It's good to see you mother," Taylor says, with no enthusiasm. Taylor's parents weren't around much growing up. They went on business trips a lot and they'd usually be gone for a week or two, I think it's made him resentful towards them. Mr. and Mrs. Caniff aren't bad people, but I do wished they spent more time with their children.

"We would have seen each other sooner, if you answered your phone," she tells him coldly.

"Well I guess like mother like son," he says back. The two scowl at each other for a sec before Mrs. Caniff notices me and her eyes go wide for a sec.

"Hello Shawn, how've you been," she asks, extending her hand out. She gives me a warm smile with no sign of anger from the little fight she just had.

I take her hand and shake it. "I've been doing great. You?"

She shrugs. "Same old, same old. How's your parents? I heard they moved somewhere foreign."

"Yeah, Iceland. I wish I could go see them. The place they live in doesn't get good reception," I tell her.

"Well if you ever want to go, I can get you a private jet there."

"Thank you very much," I say.

Taylor rolls his eyes and walks out of the room. I can already tell he's angry with her being around, so I got to go talk to him. I excuse myself from Mrs. Caniff and go to our room to talk to him.

When I enter our room, I see Taylor on his bed, telekinetically throwing the ball up. "I don't want her here," he grumbles to me.

I sigh and walk over to him. I lay down on the bed and wrap my arms around him. "Tay, you don't mean that. I know you love your mother."

"That doesn't mean I want her around."

"Tay, I think you should talk to your mother about this. It might help," I advise.

"Yeah tell her that I don't want her to do the she loves and stop helping people around the country. That will make me the son of the year," Tay says sarcastically.

"It's not wrong to want your parents attention. Ever since my parents moved away for my dad's job, that's all I wanted. I missed my mom's cooking, my sisters hug, my dad's soothing voice," I say. I feel my eyes water a little bit as I talk about my family. I really miss them. They probably don't even know that I moved away.

Taylor stops the ball from moving and throws it across the room. He looks over at me with sympathy in his eyes and gives me a kiss on the nose. "Fine, I'll talk to her." We lay there for a couple minutes, till we hear somebody scream my name.

The two of us run out of the room and follow the voice to the living room. Mrs. Caniff is sitting on the couch with the TV on pause as Tristen plays with his Legos. She looks over at us and tells us to walk over.

I sit next to her and Taylor stands behind us. She puts play on what she was watching, the news. It's a video of a something floating in the air. There is a golden aura around the thing in the air. The place looks like shopping plaza in the middle of the day. People are looking up at the thing floating in the air. The closer I look at the thing, the more it looks like a young teenager.

The thing then shoot straight up and flies away from everyone around there. There are some people screaming and some people clapping at the thing.

The TV then shows two news anchors in their news studio. "That folks, is the new viral video that is getting so much attention."The female news anchor says. "There have been all kinds of rumors about this video from it being a government experiment gone wrong to magical beings living around us. Though not much is known about what actually happen, we do have some information about the person."

They then show an image of a person and all the blood from my face leaves when I see it. "Aaliyah Mendes, the daughter of Manny and Karen Mendes, is a twelve year old girl from Iceland, where the video originated from. She was reported missing five hours after the video was posted on Tuesday," the male reporter states. Mrs. Caniff then mutes the video.

Tuesday? That is almost a week ago from today. My sister has been missing and my parents haven't even bothered telling me. What the Hell? I rarely hear from them after the move and now this. Why are they doing this?

"Mommy, look. Shawnie is on TV," Tristen states, pointing to a picture of me on the news.

Mrs. Caniff un-mutes the TV and we hear what the female reporter says. "My condolences go out to them. After missing one child, they lose another. If you have any information on these two, please call the station. Shawn Mendes was last seen on a train heading to Reykjavik, Iceland last November." They show a video of me getting on a train with a video stamp on it. The train then goes away and then another image appears of the same train arriving at a different location. People get out of the train, but none of them are me.

"What the Hell? When did you go to Iceland," Taylor asks me.

I look at the time date on the video and I frown. "I didn't. The video was on Tristen's surprise party, remember." The day I supposedly go missing, is the same day of the ambush, and the last day we heard from Jacob and Mahogany. I've also just realized that my parents haven't ever called or Skype me. The only communication I get is texts or emails from them.

"Let me make a couple of calls to find out what's going on," Mrs. Caniff says. She walks out of the room with her cell phone in her hand.

"I'll go call the others and tell them what's going on," Taylor says, walking out of the room too.

"I call Shawnie's sister to find out where she is," Tristen says. He picks up his toy phone and places it on his ear. I chuckle sadly at his antics.

Taylor p.o.v.

I sneakily follow my mom out of the living room and outside to her car. I saw her take out her "private" phone when we got out and I knew she was calling someone important. This phone is untraceable or un-hackable according to her. She only uses it when she needs to make a call to someone important.

Once she gets into the car, I hide right under it and pull out the ear buds that Aaron made to listen into people's conversations. I only had with me because I wanted to eavesdrop on Aidan and Andrew. I don't get what's his problem, but Aidan doesn't seem to like me and I want to know why.

I aim the plug part towards the driver's seat and I listen in to my mom's conversation. "K are you there," my mom asks. My mom sometimes talks in code names, because she has a fear of getting caught. What I'm doing now is probably one of the reasons why.

"Yes S," Mrs. Mendes answers, sadly.

"K, what the hell is going on? I saw your daughter on TV tonight. I thought you said she had control over them."

"It was a mistake," Mrs. Mendes snaps. "Can't people ever make mistakes S? Can't they?" I never heard Mrs. Mendes get angry before and that kind of scared me.

"I'm sorry. It's just that nothing is making sense. You told me, you and you're whole family was moving to Iceland, because they were after you."

"My whole family did move to Iceland. Now I see how great of an idea that was," she says bitterly.

"Then why is your son still in the U.S."

"What," Mrs. Mendes screams through the phone. "My baby is over there. Where? When did he get there? Why hasn't he received any of my phone calls? Why did he runaway? How did he runaway? What's going on here," she rambles.

"K, I don't know how to answer any of that, but something fishy is going on. Do you remember anything strange happening to you before you moved there? Anything at all could help?"

Mrs. Mendes sighs on the other line and mumbles some stuff to herself. "Well this one strange thing happen that I still can't understand. The day before we moved here, M and I received a strange call from someone. They said to meet them somewhere, I can't remember. After the phone call though, the two of us woke up in our beds the next morning. I don't get what happened."

I remember that day. I went to Shawn's house to pick him up when I saw Mr. and Mrs. Mendes walking inside too. They were a little disoriented when I met them. They couldn't create a single proper sentence. I thought it may have been just fatigue, but now I'm not too sure about it.

"Anything else," my mom asks.

"Yeah. I received a call on Monday telling me a location. I don't remember what happened afterwards either. I just remember losing a couple of hours in the day. Then my daughter goes missing too. I even received a new email from an unknown person, but I'm too scared to open it. What if my husband disappears next?" Her voice sounded like it was getting faster and faster towards the end.

"K, calm down. As soon as you open the message, forward it to me okay, or record it and send it. If you forget this time I'll remember," my mom says. I don't know why, but I feel a soothingness when she talks. My mother always knows how to calm people or anger them or scare them, it's one of her gifts.

"What about my son? When can I see him," Mrs. Mendes asks.

"Not yet. If somebody is targeting your family than pretending not to know might be the best idea. Don't worry though, I'll take care of him," my mom reassures.

"Thank you S." The two end the call and I hear my mom sigh. She is probably trying to find out what's going on and what to do. I'm also doing the same, but nothing is making sense.

What's going on?

I hope you liked it. Please vote comment and follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 3.2K 12
Sequel to Last full moon