Zodiac Story ~ The Chaos Flat

By SpiritGazer

Updates every Saturday! Hi there, readers! So this is a Zodiac story about three brothers who move into an ol... More

Prologue
The Chaos Flat
The apartment
Spirit(s) of Chaos
It has only just begun...
...actually, it didn't even start yet
A silent Chaos
Chaos strikes
Something silent
Return of Chaos
Whole again
Confession, Obsession and Chaos
Explanations (and more)
The Ceremony
Crashing Chaos
Chaos crushes (you) part 1
Chaos crushes (you) part 2
Flashback Day 1
Flashback Day 2
Flashback Day 3
Flashback Day 4
Calm after the storm (or before)
Brand new Chaos
Changes (and more)
Bad Influences
Findings
It's not... never mind, it's Chaos
Working Together
Mission Saving Chaos
A Chaotic Conspiracy part 1
A Chaotic Conspiracy part 2
Everything's... fine?
Time doesn't last...
...but friends do
Epilogue
Author's Note
Update
Guess who's back!

Accidental/On purpose

1.5K 70 68
By SpiritGazer

     Scorpio's pov

It had been barely a day since that girl Cancer had the nerve to come over to me. Just a few hours before that happened, I'd seen Leo again, who invited me over to her apartment so she could tell me almost everything I had to know. Most important, she told me about this Aries-group which had formed itself here, or so, the dominant group which contained a bunch of popular, annoying kids from other apartments. Thanks to Leo, I knew some names from people I had to look out for, such as – of course – Aries herself, the Gemini I met and some people called "Capricorn", "Taurus" and "Sagittarius". She hadn't told me anything about Cancer, meaning I were to treat her as I would treat any other I just met.

After this all, I simply went back to my new apartment, finding it wasn't only fixed up, but my parents had also furnished a big part of it already, seeing how my mother was sitting on the couch, reading one of her magazines. She looked up the moment I closed the door to the living room.

'There you are! I didn't know you were out there. Did you already figure out if there are actually other people living here?' 'Sort of,' I stated and walked further into the room, as I tried to make it to my room without having to put up with this, because I knew how this would end.

My mother put away the magazine she was reading and stood up, as she looked at me just when I was about to enter my room. I sighed to myself and waited another moment for her to speak.

'Scorpio, we... your father and I have to...' 'Go to work, I get it,' I responded in advance, and when she gave me an apologizing smile, I turned around to face my room and closed the door behind me. 'We'll be back this evening!' my mother's voice called from the other side, but I ignored it and laid down on my bed. This always went the same; every day, my parents left me because of some sort of emergency at work. It usually took longer than they told me it would take, sometimes they'd be gone for longer than a day. And who was left behind?

It was another hour before I heard the door close, assuring me this apartment was as empty as I wanted it, and I left my room again. Now that I knew none of my parents would be here, I could go back out and do whatever I wanted to do again. Perhaps I'd even see Leo another time.

Silence ruled the hallway; thank gosh. I probably couldn't bear to hear Gemini again, or any other who I had or hadn't met. Alright, what to do when you're all alone in a big, broken down place where you'll have to stay for another two months? Obviously. Ignoring everyone walking in on me and pretending I'm in the world inside my head.

I slowly walked forward and leaned on the railing across my apartment. Watching the small forest settled next to this place while keeping an eye on everything happening around me was one of the things I actually enjoyed doing, although the residents of this flat made it hard to really enjoy it.

Everything Leo had told me repeated itself in my head. This place might be a chaos, but at least they had some rules. That didn't mean it were good rules, but without them this place would really get down-hill –

   Thud.

It seemed I was thrown off guard by my thoughts, but I wasn't the only one. Next to me stood another small girl, a new one, though. One I hadn't met. And as Leo hadn't told me about any other girls than Aries or Gemini, it meant I were to treat as I would treat any other. Let's see how she'd take it.

She looked up at me, a bit confused, but she quickly recovered and it was only then I realized I did know this girl. Somewhere in Gemini's introducing, she said something about her sister – what was it again? Oh, right – Pisces, and after I pulled some more memories together, the picture was complete.

She had been quiet for at least ten seconds now, and I started wondering if she could even talk. Usually, people immediately started apologizing with bullshit stories, but she just silently stepped aside and continued her path through the hallway. For a moment, I was completely distracted from what had happened. Did she just... walk away, saying nothing? I quickly arranged my thoughts and turned around.

'I assume you won't be able to squeeze out anything useful out of that tiny mouth of yours?'

The girl froze for a second, but also turned around and stared at me, while she shrank in a little. It gave me the upper hand and with that, I gained back my usual confidence and slightly tilted my head to the right. 'Supposedly, that's a no, then. Nothing more than I expected from someone with two horrendous sisters like yours.'

Still nothing. Not a single muscle moved, her expression didn't change a bit, and in my head, I started to frown. Hm. Most often, people were offended when I spoke bad about their close ones, but unfortunately, she was a closed book. A quality I hated in people, even though it was also one of my qualities.

I could stop right there, give the girl a scold and just turn around and walk away, but while I could easily do that, I couldn't just give up. This girl would know who I was and she'd sure remember it.

'So, you don't like answering questions, I see? Well then. Tell me what you were doing in this hallway.' She was still looking at me, a weird look in her eyes, as if she didn't know what I just said. My eyes narrowed and I took one step towards the girl, which, apparently, seemed just enough. She immediately stepped back, her facial expression turning scared again, and with a very soft voice, she finally started speaking.

'I-I was j-just checking o-on h-how Virgo and S-Sagittarius w-were doing,' she mumbled, before quickly turning around again. But little did she know, I would not let her get away that fast.

'Stop.'

And she did. She didn't turn around again, but at least she still stood there like a statue, probably meaning she'd be listening to my next words. I only needed seconds to think about what I'd say.

'Sagittarius, huh? Well, that's a name I happen to know. Is he your friend?' No verbal answer, but at least she lightly shook her head. One of my eyebrows plugged itself onto my forehead and I folded my arms. 'Isn't he? Well, why would he. I can't really imagine why anyone would want to be friends with you. Do you even have the ability to talk or do anything else than squeak?'

Now, the girl started showing some action. Like she did before, she mildly shrank in, and once again I felt new confidence flow through me. But, normally, I would just treat her as I were to treat any other.

But she wasn't any other anymore.

I would get her down. And boy, she would be down.

I took another step towards her, which she didn't notice because her back was still turned to me. 'Apparently, it seems your only ability is to pretend like no one around hears or sees you. Quite a good ability; unfortunately enough, that ability doesn't come true in real life.'

The girl let out another soft squeak, before she muttered something sounding like "I should go" as she quickly started walking again. But if she thought she'd be done, she was very, very wrong. In fact, her action to just walk away again triggered something in my head and before she could get much further, I'd stepped forwards and grabbed her arm.

'You do not just ignore people and expect them not to be pissed off,' I hissed, pulling her back while tightening my grip on her. The girl let out a soft shriek and tried to squirm her way out of the situation, but it only caused me to grip her upper arm a little tighter.

'Y-You're hurting m-me,' she whispered, at which I pulled her back again. I didn't like giving into it, but my usual patience had completely worn off and as my sentence concluded, I really was getting pissed off. The girl – her name was Pisces, right? Ah, well – had stopped trying to get away, and was now just shaking as my hand held her tightly enough to leave a mark, for sure. Perhaps that'd teach her.

'Hurts, doesn't it? Well, maybe you should just realize that's what you get if you don't go along people's words,' I stated harshly. 'Now, did my short lesson in communicating at least teach you to apologize for behaving other than expected from you?' 'S-S-Sorry,' she whispered, possibly even softer than before, but good enough. She'd wasted my time long enough.

'Good,' I said and let her arm go. My hand indeed left a red coloured spot, but I couldn't study it well because Pisces had left just as sudden as she rudely bumped into me.

     Taurus' pov

It's been about day, or maybe two, since the extremely awkward conversation between me and Aries. In that time, the gap in the wall has only grown bigger and right now, it's the perfect size for me to climb through.

I know that, because I tried. And it worked.

Why did I try? Because I needed an ending, a real ending, to the conversation we had. I had to know what was going on with her, and I had to know if she knew what was going on with me. A part of me hoped she knew, even though it would make everything even more awkward than it already was and things would get even more serious than they were now, which could either be a good thing or a bad one.

And another part of me hoped she didn't know, just for the sake of everything that could happen.

It was a tight fit, but I somehow managed to squeeze myself through the gap Aries stumbled through, and once I was in, I noticed our rooms didn't differ that much. Looked like I wasn't the only one with a giant mess that's basically defining their room.

My eyes gazed around and I immediately found myself in another awkward situation: Aries herself wasn't here. Perfect. Just perfect. Well, it seemed those three seconds here didn't really give any kind of hope of me talking to Aries, so perhaps it'd be better if I just got back to my side of the wall and never think, talk or do anything with the unfinished conversation in my head.

'Taurus? What the hell are you doing in my room?'

Okay, scratch my last sentence.

I turned around to face her, as she closed the door behind her and stared at me, awaiting my answer to her question. 'Eh, well – we didn't really finish our conversation last time, when your sister decided to choose that moment to interrupt,' I quickly explained, and at my words, I could see her cheeks flutter up while she nodded, before she turned to look at her shoes. 'Oh, yeah... I remember that.'

"Of course you do, the awkwardness carved us both another highway to hell," I thought to myself and tried to make up a good sentence. Gosh, I really should've thought this through.

'So, eh... well, I think I'll be going now again,' I stated in real panic and already turned around again, looking at my escape way in the wall, when Aries called me back.

'Taurus, wait.'

Slightly reluctant, I turned back to her. It was good to see that she seemed to be in the same confused, awkward and hesitating mode I was in. It wasn't a good mode, but at least she'd understand what I was feeling. Hopefully.

'We should... probably continue talking about it, I guess, I mean, if you want to?' Aries said, although her sentence sounded more like a question than was meant to. 'Yeah, I suppose,' I mumbled and I gazed down to my feet. But staring down didn't stop me from seeing she slowly moved closer to me.

'I just mean, it wouldn't be a good thing if things got too weird between us, so I think we should go on talking about it. Even though you don't want to, which I can see so don't deny it,' Aries stated and I immediately felt my cheeks burn. Ugh, she really did look straight through my disguise.

I tried looking away, focusing on something different that would stop making me feel this uncomfortable, even though I didn't need to be uncomfortable. Did I need to be uncomfortable?

And well, throughout worrying about absolutely nothing, I only noticed she was standing right in front of me with our bodies parted by barely a feet, when I wanted to look back down and instead locked eyes with her.

She was looking at me like only Aries could look at me. Questions in her eyes, combined with the determination to get the answer.

She was beauty. She was grace. ...would she punch me in the face?

Yes, of course she would. But that didn't matter.

Before I could care more about the weird, uncomfortable situation I was in, before I could let her say anything and make this either more awkward or lift the tense a bit, before I could think about whether it was a really great idea or a very terrible idea, before I could even realize what was going on inside my own head, before I could do any of those thing, I had already leaned in and kissed her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.5K 591 40
#2/12.5k IN ZODIAC (top rank so far) After Pisces' and Capricorn's wedding, everything seems like it's falling into place; relationships grow strong...
4.7K 59 15
The Zodiac signs were cast down to Earth to live as humans. About 13 years later, they were kidnapped and woke up in a completely different place...a...
4.9K 258 200
Ummm... The title says it all Zodiac memes and descriptions Some scenarios This story is completed. Hope you enjoy. Currently under construction (e...
103K 2.8K 34
The 'Signs in the Sky' are what keeps the world of Equatilia at peace. For many years, these signs had prevented for things going wrong in their wor...