A Chaotic Conspiracy part 2

Leo's pov

I don't think any of us had thought this would be such a tiring mission. It took about an hour before we could even get in without being suspected, and after that, Virgo let us just sit in the hall, waiting, while he, Capricorn and The Dwa- I mean, Aries, went out to look for the files. Another hour later, they came back and told us to follow them.

The files were behind two locked doors, and because it was daytime, there wouldn't be any security, Virgo said. But, they were still locked. So, like that, the different parts and positions were decided, and I was glad to find that this time, I was the one who got to help.

'Alright, we're with eight,' Virgo started, and gazed around the group. 'Aries, Leo, Pisces and I will go in and look for the files. Taurus and Capricorn will stay as guards on the right side of this hall, Sagittarius and Gemini take the left side. Aries, I'm sure you can get this thing to open?'

'I'd be offended if you didn't ask,' Aries responded and immediately walked past us, pulling something out of her pocket as she started fiddling with the locks. 'Alright, so how long would it take for the four of us to find those papers?' I asked Virgo, who shrugged casually and turned back from Aries to me. 'It could take longer than we'd expect; I think there's a system where everything's categorized on letters, so if we just find the letter "R" from Rustic Street, we should be good. It could also be that we have to look for files of this town specifically, then we have to look for –'

'GUYS, WAIT!'

Virgo abruptly stopped his speech in the middle of his sentence, Pisces shrieked softly and duck away somewhere behind me, Aries stopped working on the locks and looked even a bit surprised when she turned around, and I had to say, I felt the same shock of surprise when Cancer suddenly ran around the corner and stopped in front of us, looking like the devil himself had chased her down the streets.

She leaned against the wall, panting heavily, as she looked around and tried to wipe the sweat drops from her forehead. 'I-Is S-Scorpio here a-already?' she choked out, at which Gem immediately started talking about everything we'd done in the past hours to keep us occupied. Halfway, Virgo cut her off and asked Cancer what was going, and after everyone was finally done talking and explaining, it was another ten minutes later.

'But if he's not here, then where could he have gone off too?' Cancer wondered out loud, while, in the meantime, Aries finally broke open the lock and we were all distracted again. 'Alright, take your positions,' Virgo stated, as he followed Aries, Pisces and me through the big brown doors.

We walked inside, to find a large, very large room with big shelves and tables standing everywhere. Papers were laying everywhere in eyesight, and I realized how long this would actually take.

'So, do we have a plan on looking for the different categories, or are we just going to look through some drawers and stuff?' I asked, and Virgo turned around from his spot next to a couple of tables and desks. 'Well, I was thinking about –'

A loud, interrupting noise from somewhere to our right told us that Miss Dwarf wasn't listening to Virgo's words, so I just sighed and did what she did: taking every single piece of paper and looking through it. This, however, didn't really work out for us – in fact, after what seemed like hours of searching (but were probably only minutes) we hadn't even figured out how everything in here was organized.

'No wonder my mother stopped working here,' Virgo muttered as he walked by, and carefully checked the different shelves. 'This whole thing would've made me gone crazy too.'