Open Feelings ✔︎

By marcie_lou

Casey Manning likes to run away from her problems. That's why she moved all the way to New York when her dad... More

©
Cast List
Playlist
Old Dreams Comming True
Hello! Meet my Butt
Fake It Till You Make It
Female Dog
Realest Fake Date
Old Ladies and Hooligans
Apologies and Hell Yea
Casey Manning is Pure Savage
First Day Back
Baby Mamma and Baby Daddy
Making Friends
Stinky Situations
The Picture
Headache Song
Unknown Diseases
Kindness Test
Cupcake Wars
Homecoming Weekend Part I
Homecoming Weekend Part II
Homecoming Weekend Part III
Baby Blues
Ice Ice Baby
Sweet
Uncle
Paint Wars
Singing Scoops
The Zoo
Boyfriends and Apple Cider
You Killed Me
State Championship
Destressing
Small Envelopes
Mistletoe Ball
My Terms
Kiss at Midnight
Kissing Is Only For Married People
Valid A/N
This Isn't You
No Jellyfish Emoji
Adventures
Drugstore Meet ups
Snow Day
French Candies
Christopher Danes
Secrets and Shots
Vince
NYC I
NYC II
Clearwater's Got Talent
Takes One To Know One
Movie Night
Mother Dearest
Tears Over Wine
Office Visits
Girl's Locker Room
House Or Home
Prom Dresses
Just Because...
Promposals
That's What She Said
Twenty Three
I Hated You
We're Going To Be Okay
Best Party Of 2016
More Than Nutella
Open Feelings
Epilogue
Bonus
Spinoff and More
From Casey

Change For The Better

5.4K 155 14
By marcie_lou

There is a lot of media in this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's this?" Jason asked touching my light modifier.

I smacked his hand away and continued to fix my tripod.

"That's a light modifier, don't touch it."

"What does a light modifier do?" He asked as he continued to walk around.

"Helps to control lighting and lights the room in the way I want." I told him.

"I'm going to the bathroom." He announced.

"TMI." I told him and there was a knock on the door.

Yes!

I went to the door and smiled at the three people that were going to be my lifesavers for the next few hours.

"Patrick the amazing hairdresser. Susanna, the gangsta makeup artist and Lola the sassy fashion designer." I greeted and opened the door for them to walk in.

"And Casey the stressed out photographer." Patrick said and I nodded.

This is a big deal for me. My grandma is counting on me.

"Is anyone here yet?" Susanna asked.

"Just Jason, I gave everyone an extra hour." I nodded and Patrick turns to the girls.

"Jason's her boyfriend." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop it." I scolded and the girls giggled.

"You are all adults." I scolded.

"Technically, so are you." Lola answered and I ignored her before walking back to my previous task.

*

"I have food." Maddie announced walking in the door.

"And you're late." I rolled my eyes.

"No one is here yet." She rolled her eyes back.

"I thought this was just a fun photoshoot? You have the crew." She said pointing to Patrick, Susanna and Lola.

"Did you hear that? We're The Crew." Lola grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"That's what I wanted you and Jason here early. This isn't a 'fun photoshoot', it's for my grandmother." I said before looking at Jason.

"She wants ordinary people to model her new line, and she wants an ordinary photographer to take the pictures. She wants absolutely no professionals on this project." I explained.

"With the exception of The Crew." I added with an eye roll and they smiled at me.

Patrick to make the hair look pretty. Susanna to make the face look pretty and Lola to make sure that every item of clothing is paired with the right accessory so the clothes will look pretty on camera.

"But why keep it a secret?" Jason asked.

"Because I don't want them to act differently because they hear they're going to be in a magazine. I need them relaxed." I said and he nodded.

"It sounds like a cool project." Susanna smiled.

"I like it too. But mostly because I get to take the pictures." I laughed.

There was a knock on the door and Beastly let out a bark.

"You are such a cute puppy." I smiled at him before standing up. I opened the door and smiled at Alex and Hilary.

"My favorite blonde and brunette." I smiled.

"I thought I was your favorite blonde?" Maddie said from behind me.

"And I'm your favorite brunette?" Jason said.

"Alex, you're my second favorite brunette." I corrected. "Hils, you're still my favorite blonde." I grinned and I felt a pillow hit the back of my head.

"Ow, this is why I call you Satan." I told Maddie and opened the door for Hilary and Alex.

"Woah, everything's so professional." Hilary smiled and I nodded.

On the kitchen island is the hair and makeup station. The dining room table- that I never use, is the outfits table. Every piece of clothing is spread out on top in an outfit. Only in a vision that Lola sees them.

All of the furniture in the living room was moved to the side and there I had the studio set up.

"Yeah, Casey Manning doesn't half-ass anything." Maddie said and I smiled.

The door opened and Katie and Adam walked in.

"If you say they're your favorite I'm leaving." Alex said and I laughed.

"Kate, you can go start getting ready with Lola. Hils, go to Susanna." I instructed.

"And down to business we go." Jason commented and Maddie laughed.

"Shut up."

"Actually, Hilary you stay. Adam go to Susanna."

"We don't know who's who." Katie and Adam said together.

"Oh, right." I said before doing a quick introduction.

"Wait, that's makeup." Adam said and I nodded.

"Why do I need makeup?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Just go." I pushed him.

"Babe you're still going to be a man." Katie rolled her eyes.

"Okay Hils and Maddie, I need you to come with me." I said bringing them in front of the camera.

"I need to test the lighting so I'm gonna take some shots of you. You can kinda do whatever you want." I told them before going to work.

This doesn't feel right.

"I need to change the modifier. This is giving me the wrong lighting." I said to no one in particular.

"What are you talking about? This is perfect lighting for selfies." Maddie said and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, you know nothing." I rolled my eyes before looking at the new set of pictures with the right modifier.

"See, that's much better." I smiled.

"Okay, Adam and Katie are you ready?" I asked and they made their way towards me.

"Hilary, now you can go to Lola Maddie to Patrick."

It was between Katie's last outfit change that I noticed something.

"Oh no." I gasped and Maddie looked at me.

"What?"

"You're all white." I said and they gave me a weird look.

"And you're all either blond or brunette. Oh My God." I said running my hands through my hair.

"Guys this is the most anti- racial shoot I have ever done. We need diversity."

The press would have an absolute riot if they thought Martha Manning was racist.

"Argh, okay. I can fix this."

"Why is that such a big deal?" Tyler asked.

"Because Martha Manning can't be racist." I said before a face palm.

Oops.

"What does she have to do with anything?" Katie asked.

"She created a new line called 'The Modern Age' and she wants ordinary people, i.e. You. To model them." I explained and their eyes widened.

"So I need diversity."

"Wait, so this is for Martha Manning?" Katie asked and I nodded.

They looked at each other and I clapped my hands together to get their attention.

"Guys!" I snapped.

I need them focused.

"Ivy is coming into town today. She should be at my house in half an hour." Katie said.

"Call her and tell her to come here."

"I need you people to call every multicultural person you know." I said. "And oh my goodness I have never felt so racist then right this second." I added.

"Me neither." Jason agreed.

"Maddie, order some more food."

"Tyler and Adam call anyone from the team.

"Jason." I sighed. "I seriously feel racist for saying this but do you have any Asians in your math club?" I asked and he nodded with a laugh.

"This is the most racist I've ever been." Alex laughed before pressing his phone to his ear.

"Hilary you are up." "I said before placing a barstool in front of the camera.

"Sit here with one leg tucked." I instructed.

"Oh and guys." I said before turning to them. "Don't tell them this is a photoshoot for Martha Manning. Just say I'm doing a very important project." I said and they nodded.

"Okay Hils, this is probably gonna be hard for you but I need you to not smile." I said and she smiled.

"I said don't." I laughed.

"I'm sorry." She said trying to purse her lips together.

"You look like a fish." I said and she giggled.

"You're hopeless." I sighed. "Lola, can you give her a different outfit? One that screams 'I love to smile." I said and Hilary walked back towards Lola and I moved the barstool.

"Tyrone just said he'd be there because he's bored at home." Alex said.

"Thank goodness for boredom." I nodded as I looked back the pictures of Adam and Katie.

"These are so cool." Katie said behind me.

"Aren't you suppose to be with makeup right now?" I scolded.

But I'm not actually mad. Because the pictures turned out fantastic. I loved how the to of them were in basic everyday clothes. And in some I made Adam take his phone out and it looked like he was taking a mirror selfie rather than me taking the pictures.

"You guys are one adorable couple." I grinned.

"Okay, I'm ready." Hilary said returning with a different outfit.

"Perfect. Now, go stand up there and do what you do best." I smiled before taking my position in front of the camera.

"Just do whatever you want." I told her.

"Can I eat gummy bears?" She asked pointing to a small bowl of gummy bears that was on the table beside me.

"You're going to get sick from eating too much of those." Alex scolded and Hilary stuck her tongue out at him and I quickly snapped a picture.

"Grab your gummy bear." I told her and she grinned and I quickly snapped a picture.

Someone turned on the music and I smiled as Hilary started dancing around.

She was born to be a model.

"Okay, outfit change." I told her after a few more shots.

There was a knock on the door and I went to open it.

"A black person." I grinned at Ivy and I heard Jason laugh in the background.

"Excuse me?" Ivy asked and I smiled sheepishly.

"Nothing, just come on in." I shook my head before opening the door wider.

"Woah." She said before looking around.

"Yeah, this is kind of a big deal." Katie said before grabbing Ivy's arm and bringing her towards Patrick.

"Hils, you ready?" I asked as the happy blonde came strolling back towards the camera.

"I'm always ready." She giggled and I shook my head at her.

"Hilary you're my favorite." I said looking at the pictures on my laptop.

"Thanks." She grinned.

I absolutely love these shots. I love the clothes that are on her and I love how playful she was the entire shoot.

"Alright Madds, you're next." I smiled before setting the barstool back in front of the camera.

Hilary definitely couldn't do serious, but Maddie can.

"Okay best friend, show me what you got." I winked at her before setting up the camera with a different lens.

*
"And we are ready for the boys." I grinned before giving Nelly Cho a high five.

"These are absolutely fantastic Casey." Patrick grinned as he looked at my laptop.

"I loved that I wore hats in all of mine." Maddie smiled pointing to a specific picture where she had her tongue sticking out.

"I can't believe you made me go outside in thirty degree weather in a dress." Danielle Brown said pointing to one of the pictures.

"But it looks awesome." I smiled.

"You need more black friends don't you?" Ivy asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I really do." I laughed.

"Okay." I clapped my hands together. "Breaks over."

"We'll start with Tyrone." I instructed and everyone walked away from my laptop and I changed the backdrop.

Tyrone is wearing a salmon colored shirt. And lucky for me I have a salmon compared backdrop.

Usually I would never match a backdrop and clothes together, but this is fashion and it's really going to make a difference.

"Okay T, lemme see a grin." I instructed and he gave me just that.

"Man, I never knew I had such attractive friends until today." I teased and Tyrone leaned his head back and gave me a cheeky grin.

***

"And that's a wrap everyone." I said and they cheered.
I leaned back into the person behind me and let the exhaustion hit.

"Could we go back inside?" Adam asked and I nodded before my teeth chattered.

"Good idea."

We all went back into the warm and heated building and piled into the elevator.

"You can keep anything you like that you have on." I told them as I ran my hands through my hair.

I'm tired.

"What was this for?" Arun Uki asked.

"This was actually a fashion shoot for Martha Manning. It'll be on her next magazine release." I informed them.

"I'm sorry, what?" Tyrone asked and I nodded.

"And before you leave, make sure you grab a parental consent form. Have your parents sign them so that the press can release those pictures."

"Press?"

"Yes, press." I nodded and the elevator door opened.

"But you said this was a project for school." Arun said.

"I lied. You're going to be in a fashion magazine." I nodded as we walked towards my apartment.

***

"What are you doing on Sunday?" Maddie asked and I frowned.

"Nothing why?"

"It's Valentine's Day." She said in confusion and my eyes widened.

"It is not." I gasped before looking at my calendar.

"Oh my God it is."

"Do you need help planning something?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"I already have something planned. I just didn't realize that Valentine's Day was this Sunday." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"Even when you're not prepared, you're prepared." She scoffed and I laughed.

"Plan ahead. Major key." I nodded and she glared.

"Don't start that too." She said and I laughed.

The bell rang and we gathered our things.

"Do you think Katie is better by now?" Maddie asked and I shook my head no. 

"She went home with the stomach flu." I told her.

"Yeah, but she was suppose to help me shop for Valentine's Day." She whined and I rolled my eyes again.

"Stop being selfish." I scolded.

"I am being a little selfish aren't I?" She asked and I gave her look.

I felt someone block my view with their hands and I stopped walking.

I moved Jason's hands away from my face and smiled up at him.

"Will you be my valentine and go on a date with me on Sunday?" He asked before kissing my cheek.

"Yes." I smiled and Maddie made a vomiting sound.

"You're too grossly in love." She rolled her eyes and I gasped.

"You're saying that?" I asked. "Miss I-like-to-kiss-my-boyfriend-all-the-time?"

"Oh shut up." She rolled her eyes.

"Somebody is cranky." I told Jason and he smiled.

Someone else called my name further down the hall and I turned towards the sound and I watched Tyrone and Nelly come towards us.

"Can we see the pictures you took?" Tyrone asked.

"Why?"

"Because you took awesome pictures of us and I didn't even get to see them." Nelly replied and I smiled.

"Well if you wanna come over today I could show them to you. I was gonna show it to Jason and Maddie only, but you two can come. And anyone else at the shoot."

"Yay, it's a premier party." Maddie grinned.

"That's for movies." Jason frowned.

"Shut up." Maddie told him.

"Come over in forty five minutes?" I asked Nelly and Tyrone and they nodded.

"Alright see you then."

*

"Nelly and Kiara this is one of my favorites." I smiled pointing to the picture that showed up on the way tv.

"It's cause we're adorable." Kiara said before high fiving Nelly.

The next picture came on the screen and I let out a happy noise.

"Tyrone that smile killed me." I grinned.

"That was the plan." He nodded.

The next picture came on the screen and everyone hollered at Arun.

"You're so pretty." I yelled and he laughed.

"Why did you need to yell that?" Jason asked.

"In case he couldn't hear me." I said.

"Actually I think this next bit is Alex's shoot outside."

"Me and my pink hat?" He asked and I nodded.

"Look at you looking fly and shit." Tyrone said and Alex chuckled.

"Hey, it's you." I grinned at Jason when one of his pictures came up.

"Really?" He asked sarcastically.

"Looking good J." I nodded and he rolled his eyes.

***

"It's snowing." I said to Jason on the phone.

"I can see that." He replied and I let out a sigh.

"Are you wearing your sassy pants today?" I asked.

"No, just my sassy shirt." He replied and I laughed.

"What if we get snowed in for the movies tomorrow?" I asked.

"Then we'll watch a movie here." He said in a calm tone.

"But-" I started but he interrupted.

"Stop it."

"Fine, it's your date anyways. I don't have to plan anything." I grumbled and he laughed.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." I grinned before hanging up.

I grabbed the piece of paper off of the coffee table and stared at it.

This piece of paper has Jason's mom's company number on there.

If I call this number, it could change everything.

Everything for the better.

Jason wouldn't be hurting anymore and Lizzie would have her mom back.

This could change everything for the better.

I grabbed my phone and dialed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason

"Babe, why are you crying?" I asked Casey who had her face buried in a book.

Beastly let out a sharp barked and wagged his tail as he watched Casey.

"Because, the antagonist is finally defeated and things are looking up." She sniffled and I nodded.

"Carry on." I nodded before turning on the tv.

She was so engrossed in her book that she didn't realize that I was watching Supernatural the supposedly 'scary' show.

"Wanna know something?" She asked halfway through the episode.

"What's up?"

"This is the first time in a long time that I haven't been stressed out." She grinned.

"Yeah?" I asked before wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm ahead in my schoolwork, the pictures are sent to New York. So I have no worries at the moment." She explained and I smiled at her.

"I'm happy for you babe."

"Thanks." She smiled and leaned in for a kiss. But something caught her attention on the tv and I kissed the side of her face instead.

"Jason what the hell are you watching?" She asked.

"Supernatural." I smiled and she grimaced.

"Why is that woman tryin to drown her child?" She asked.

"Well it's not a child. It's a Changling, they take the figure of the child so the mother trust them." I explained and she nodded, clearly intrigued.

"But first they kill the fathers and lock up the mother to devour later." I said and she she shrieked.

"Why are you watching that?" She asked and I laughed.

"Because I like it." I grinned and she grimaced.

"Wanna watch it from the beginning?" I asked and she gave me a look.

"Absolutely not." She said before burying her nose back into her book.

But not even a minute later she looked up from her book.

"I'm intrigued, play it from the beginning." She said and I grabbed the remote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

None of the pictures used are mine.

This one was short but it's two updates in one week. Besides, this was a short filler anyways.

Coming up: Maddie makes a mistake. And Casey sides with someone else. Someone you wouldn't expect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 6.1K 39
Summer and Bryce used to hate each other, until they found out they shared the same passion. Soccer. They fell in love with each other. But now as th...
1.1M 14.3K 33
Allison is 16 years old. She lives with her mom and older brother Alex who is 17. What happens when she goes to a party and gets in a fight with her...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
536K 26.9K 65
Two complete different personalities would have to learn to get along and play nice in order to survive a will that would change their lives. For twe...