Open Relationship

By kryzme

James has always been the nice girl, the girl who does everything right. However, when she's torn between the... More

Open Relationship
Open Relationship - Chapter 2
Open Relationship - Chapter 3
Open Relationship - Chapter 4
Open Relationship - Chapter 5
Open Relationship - Chapter 6
Open Relationship - Chapter 7
Open Relationship - Chapter 8
Open Relationship - Chapter 9
Open Relationship - Chapter 10
Open Relationship - Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 18

458 15 3
By kryzme

Sorry this took so long....I am in the middle of writers block and also cursed with being busy with school and my new job! 

Please enjoy! We're coming closer and closer to the end! It's exciting! 

____________________________________________________

Abby

I was in absolute shock at Landon’s words. “Kenya? I’m about to use foul language, Landon. What the f-…”

“I know it’s sudden, but it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. I couldn’t turn something like that down.”

“You make all this crap about James and how you wanted her in your life and suddenly you just up and go? What if you knew she had chosen you already, would you still have accepted and just left her?” My brother was quiet. “I see. Well, now I’m so glad I told her that you wouldn’t break her heart and that you two were meant for each other. So glad I can depend on my brother. Were you at least going to tell her? Or were you going to wait until you landed in Africa?”

“Abby, this is bigger than a relationship that hasn’t even been going on that long.” Landon’s voice sounded strained.

“This is love. And you’re an idiot.”

“James and I aren’t even technically together anymore, Abs.”

“ James is a wonderful girl. You have an amazing job already where you still have room to grow and it’s not as if you’re not doing well. You’re running away, and I can’t believe what a coward my brother is.” I angrily hit the end button repeatedly, suddenly missing flip phones and satisfaction of slamming them shut.

I knew that was probably a bit harsh. It’s true that this was an amazing opportunity, but there was more to ponder in this situation. I knew he loved James, and I only hoped that if he had known before that she loved him too…maybe he would’ve made a different decision. I felt my phone vibrate again and saw it was Landon. I sighed and rejected the call. I couldn’t handle this right now. I had to go see James.

James

To say that my body hurt was an understatement. I felt as if I were run ragged. They offered me a wheelchair but I insisted I was fine to walk. When I made it out to the waiting room I was shocked to see an entire party sitting patiently for me. I was even more surprised to see Noah sitting with my siblings. His eyes met mine as he looked up and I felt to run into his arms. Without Noah, I wouldn’t want to even imagine what the situation could have evolved into.

I was beyond grateful for his help, but I was a little torn about his presence. After what we had spoken about earlier, I wasn’t sure how this would go between us. We had both agreed not to pursue each other any longer, and I had insisted I chose Landon. What did he want of me after that?

We stood at a distance from each other, staring and frozen. I shrieked as a body hit me from behind, pulling me against them. “Ack!” I screeched in shock before turning to see Abby’s worried expression.

“You had me so worried!” She held me against her tightly and I groaned.

“Abby…pain…” I managed and she let go quickly.

“Oh god! I’m sorry!” Her hands flew to her mouth.

“Abby, nice to finally meet you.” Wes said, coming up next to me and I saw the instant sparks fly between their met gaze. I fought the roll of my eyes as they introduced themselves to each other and I turned to Hollis and Noah. Hollis winked at me as she gestured to Wes and Abby.

“Should’ve known…” She whispered. “I called mom and dad. I told them you’re okay, but they’re insisting on coming to see you this week. Just prepare for that. I have to head back to the club with Wes though so we can make sure the place isn’t a wreck. Do you want me to take you home?”

“I think I can manage it.” Noah interjected and Hollis let out a sigh. She waited for me to answer and I nodded, letting her know it was okay. “It’ll give us a little time to talk.” He added after Hollis hugged me and went to pull Wes from Abby. They both assured me they’d see me once they checked on the club and headed back to the apartment.

“I have something to talk with you about.” She regarded Noah suspiciously for a moment before adding, “I’ll meet you at the apartment and we’ll talk then.” I smiled and nodded, giving her a hug as well before we all headed out into separate cars.

“Why are you here Noah? Not that I’m not grateful for what you did, but I just…don’t understand what you’re expecting here.” I asked slowly.

“I know you said you want that other guy more than me,” Noah started, “but I just couldn’t accept that. I couldn’t tell you that I was okay with it. That would’ve been a lie. I…I have such strong feelings for you James, that I can’t stop thinking about you. You showed me what I really want in life.”

“Noah…” I wanted him to stop.

“No, James, you need to listen. I’ll keep trying. You can keep denying me, but I know that there’s something between us. You can’t tell me you don’t feel it.”

“I…I do feel something, Noah. But, what I feel for Landon is stronger, and I can’t ignore that fact. Wouldn’t you hate knowing that? Wouldn’t it bother you?”

“Not if I’m the one who gets to have you. I’m still the lucky one then.”

I let out a long sigh. “I can’t just give you an answer right now.” I said, feeling exhausted. All I wanted was to curl in my bed and forget this entire day.

“I know, but I needed to tell you.”

When we made it to my apartment, I could tell he wanted to walk me up but Abby was waiting for me on the steps. Whatever she wanted to talk about must’ve been important. Noah pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek softly. “I’m so happy you’re okay, James.” He whispered into my hair. “Think about what I said, okay?”

“Okay,” I agreed. Abby waved goodbye to Noah before looping her arm through mine and walking up with me, helping me with my slight limp. My knees were killing me with the strain of the weight.

“I know this is a stupid question, but are you sure you’re okay?” She asked, helping me lie on my bed.

“As good as I could be in this situation. I’m just glad Noah got there before the guys did what they wanted. I can handle the arm for now.”

“James, are you okay enough for me to tell you about Landon?”

“What about Landon?”

“It’s...it’s not great news and I want to make sure you’re up for it.”

“Just, go ahead.” I said, just wanting it out of the way. Landon already told me he didn’t want me and there wasn’t much more that could hurt me. I was already at the point of no return.

“Landon, is moving to Kenya. He was offered a hospital position over there.”

“Oh….well, tell him congratulations.” I said, feeling the pang in my chest but holding back the tears.

“Con-…congratulations?” Abby looked beyond puzzled. “But James, you…you love my brother, don’t you?” I sat up and let out a sigh to try and ease the tightness in my chest.

“Yes, Abby. I love your brother very much. However, he made it quite clear earlier how he felt. If this is what he really wants Abby, who am I to stop him? He loves his career and if this is what will make him happy, then I support him.” I felt the tears begin to pool in my eyes as I struggled to hold them back. Abby wasn’t fooled though. She held me against her and ran her hands through my hair.

“It’s okay, James. I don’t know whatever he told you, but I know he loves you just as much as you love him. He’s just not making the best judgments right now. He’s confused and he’s not used to these kinds of feelings. It will dawn on him though, don’t worry. When it does, he’ll come running back, begging on his knees for you to take him back.”

“How long am I supposed to wait exactly?” I asked, a little angrily.

“I don’t mean it for you to wait. Do whatever makes you happy too. I’m just telling you that I know he feels the same way. Don’t let him fool you with whatever front he’s put up.” There was a moment of silence only broken by my occasional sniffles.

“What’s going on with Noah, now?”

“Oh, um…I guess I’m not completely sure. He said he has strong feelings for me and that he doesn’t want to just give up.”

“How do you feel about it?” She asked. I thought she would be biased, angry that I was still thinking of Noah, but she seemed genuinely curious and concerned. The only other person I’d ever felt this close to or trusted this much was Hollis.

“I care about Noah, I know I do.”

“But?”

“But, I don’t love him. Not like I love Landon.” Abby gave a sad smile. I cocked my head curiously and she shrugged.

“I’m happy and sad at the same time. Happy that my new best friend loves my brother. Sad that he’s making it so difficult for her.”

I laughed and shrugged as well. “I guess we’ll just have to see how it plays out.” Abby patted the pillow beside her and I laid back on it, gazing up at the spinning ceiling fan.

“Things will work out. Just wait and see.”

I closed my eyes slowly, welcoming the dark.

“I hope so.” 

____________________________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed it! Please vote and comment! Let me know about Team Landon or Team Noah and why you choose this way! 

Love you all!!! <3 

My facebook page is in the external link! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99 0 15
Madison thought she had hit the lottery meeting the guy of her dreams and quickly all her friends could tell that she was young and in love. This dr...
14.4K 320 21
Five girls meet in school and become best friends, one is being bullied, and one has a lot of hidden problems and secrets, what will happen if 4/5 st...
1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
169K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...