Playing for Keeps[Kingx#1] [C...

By BailyNorton

Highest ranking: #1 in teen fiction. I though I knew Archer McCarty. The controlling, stubborn bad boy w... More

IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter14
Chapter15
Chapter16
Chapter17
Chapter18
Chapter19
Chapter 20
NOTICE + ABOUT THE ADS
Chapter21
Chapter 22
chapter23
Chapter 24
Chapter25
Pics of characters
Chapter26
Chapter27
Chapter28
Chapter29
Chapter30
Chapter31
Chapter32
Chapter33
Chapter34
New book-Cinderella's sister(not an update)
Chapter35
Chapter36
Chapter37
Chapter38
Chapter39
Chapter40
Chapter41
Chapter42
Chapter 43
Chapter44
Chapter45
Chapter46
Chapter47
Chapter48
Chapter49
Chapter50
Chapter51
Chapter52
Chapter53
Chapter54
Chapter55
Chapter56
Chapter57
Chapter58
Chapter59
Chapter60
Chapter61
Chapter63
EPILOGUE
Kane's Book

Chapter62

154K 5.6K 827
By BailyNorton

EDITED BY: kagamina

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For the next fight, we have your favorite coming up! The beast is ready to tear up his prey!"

The crowd cheers loudly and the mention of the Beast.

It's time.

Ellie sat up straight in her seat, her heart thumping wildly in her seat.

"He's going to get beaten up" the man beside her stated cheerfully, making her want to go violent on him!

The crowd stood up in their seat to welcome him, the fans holding up banners. The females shouting inappropriate suggestions as he came out. Ellie sure like to tape their mouth in her current mood.

She caught a glimpse of him from between the crowd, then she saw him clearly as he approaches the octagon.

He doesn't have the same glint in his eyes. Now, he looked like he seriously wants to bash his opponent's face nicely.

Ellie wonders if his ribs had healed properly. It was definitely going to be his weak spot.

He entered the octagon and waits for his opponent.

"Calm down, mother*****s. And hear us call out the opponent. At 220pounds, standing 6'2 tall, we haveee Jeff 'Grazer' Stan!"

Kyle's fans cheered for him but the rest, Archer's fans, booed.

She also wondered when Archer will spot her. Isaac's friend didn't seem to try to get his attention.

Then, the crowd quiets when the two guys bump their fists and poses for the fight.

They circled around each other, Archer moved closer, inch by inch, then Kyle attacked, trying to hit him.

But, Archer dodges and pushed him in the back making Kyle fall. Archer mounted him from behind and trying to hold him down.

Ellie was relieved when Kyle struggle out of Archer's hold.

The man beside her chuckled, "Don't be relieved yet. He's got three fights. Nonstop. It doesn't matter if he wins the first too. It means more money! Then, when he lose the third fight, the money will be only one step away"

Ellie glared at him, "What do you mean one step away, isn't it enough if he lose the first fight?"

"If he wins the first two, he won't be eliminated just yet. But, if he does get through the next round, it means even with one lost, he's out"

Ellie frowned, it doesn't make sense to her. Something is off. They're hiding something from her.

"AND KO!" The announcer shouts, snapping her out of her thoughts. Archer wins!

And the ring announcer is already calling the next opponent!

The next fight continues, everything just happens so fast. She hopes there will be enough time to figure something out.

The crowd cheers loudly when Archer won the second fight, it didn't even take him much time as the first one did.

Ellie knew she was running out time. She was frustrated as she hadn't come out with a single guess about what they were hiding from her.

"And he F***** did it again! The beast is merciless tonight. I bet his hungry for more, don't you agree!"

The crowd roars in response.

"Let's give him one more then. Let's send him to the next round already"

He called out the next opponent, whose ring name wasViper.

The viper seems confident as he walked around the octagon, shouting things back at his fans.

Archer simply watched him, he seems impatient.

The referee called Viper and said things to them. Both of them nods, and the fight begins.

Both of them back away from each other and the crowd watched them intently.

"It's time" the guy beside her said and grabbed her up by the arm, forcing her to stand just as the crowd settled down and the stadium was at a moment of silence.

"Yo, beast. Look what I got. Ellie!" he shouts, Ellie glared at him.

The crowd doesn't really seem to care but some sent them an annoyed look. But, Ellie didn't have time to study the crowd's reaction.

At the mentionof her name, Archer's head snapped at their side, his eyes widen for a minute as his eyes fixed on her, making her swallowed and nervous somehow. Then, his gaze shifted on the guy next to her before they harden up as if he doesn't know them.

Somehow, her heart didn't seem to like that.

The moment Archer was unguarded; Viper hit him hard on the jaws, making her hold her breath.

Archer stumbled a bit; he growled angrily andhit him back hard before Viper could defend himself.

Archer concentrated on the fight alone again.

"Sh*t" the guy beside her curse.

They both knew that Archer wasn't affected by her presence.

Why would he be affected, he doesn't care for me anymore.

She laughed humorlessly. She was of no use after all. So stupid to think that their bond was strong.

Archer was going to win for sure soit's time for her very own Plan B. To figure out Isaac's friends Plan B is.

Now that she think about it. Something doesn't make sense. He says that even if Archer win the first two fight and he lose the last fight, he'd make it to the next round. But, if he loses one fight on the next round, he'll be eliminated.

So, if Archer wins all three fights, he's still going to the next round. And, one lose means elimination. The result will be the same so why were they so desperate to let him lose the third fight? The fight with Viper.

Ellie frowned as she thought hard.

Then, different reasons came to her mind.

They were trying to harm Archer either way.

Or, that's it! They were trying to deceive her! Not him. They were using her this time. She's the target.

She was there in case they need protection from him! It make sense, the 'affect him' plan was too silly.

Her body heated up with anger. Did they take her for a fool? How dare they think that they'll deceive her because she the 'naïve' Ellie.

It's too bad because they didn't know that her brain was always good at solving things out, finding out solutions for problems etc. She just was never good at solving life's problem.

But, now, she wasn't the same Ellie. She understands the way of life. Life is just like one big puzzle. The solutions around her, she just need to see them and use them wisely.

If a piece is missing, she just has to think out of the box and search for it somewhere else.

That's exactly how she unconsciously unveiled their bad intentions.

But for now, she had to sit here and act calm. They're not going to act in front of an audience. So, it's not time yet.

When the crowd stands, it won't be too difficult for her to slip between the crowds.

She heard the guy next to him muttered Bran.That caught her attention. From her peripheral view, she saw another guy.

She assumed the guy who bends his head was Bran, the guy they assign to shoot Archer. Now she knows who to keep her eye on for sure.

"......as soon as he disappear from the crowd, it's your time" he mummers to Bran.

Ellie clench her fist as she saw Bran nods like an obedient dog. She was right! They're going to do it no matter what the fight outcomes.

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths, be(act) calm, she reminded herself.

She watched the fight again as Viper shouts in agony, Archer held him in a submission hold.

The referee was shouting something beside them, probably telling Viper to tap out before Archer broke his arm.

And Viper did. He tapped on the floor and Archer lets him go.

Again, the crowd cheers for Archer's win.

The ringmaster started announcing the winner, "That was awesome! This time, Archer wins by Submission! Alright, p*****s, welcome your winner once moreee!"

The crowd give him another roar. Ellie's heart pound. For a different reason. She stood up too.

It's time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An: So, this is the other half I promised! Hope you like it^^

I'll update the next chapter this week. Need to work harder on it as the chapter is quite important. When I was young, I was obsessed with action movies, comics etc so I wrote and imagined only action books. As I get older, I move to romances, so I now write romance bookS. What I'm trying to say was I hope the action part was at least 'Ok' as my mind can't come up with actions easily like I used to^^ lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4K 33
{rewritten version of Possessive Hearts} "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. His big strong hands pinning me against the wall. The scent of...
759K 14.8K 31
Warning ⚠️ I wrote this book when I was 13, you have been warned I walked up to her and pushed her to my chest. "I think you should stop flirting wi...
Pained By wani

Teen Fiction

247K 5.3K 22
⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke don't say i didn't warn you 💀 . . . I looked at the person who called me and my eyes immediately l...
7M 211K 53
|HIGHEST RANK #1 IN TEEN FICTION| * When a Good girl meets a Bad boy, things are about to get cheesy and cute* when Amelia Greene heard the rumour...