Void ||

By AfroCentricx

Love don't live here anymore. ~ Ā© More

Void
TRAILER
1.
2
3
4.
5.
6.
8.
9.
10
11
12
13
14
15
VOLUME 2
16
VOIDVOIDVOID
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Update

7.

1.6K 107 174
By AfroCentricx

Here's a shitty chapter. Quit fuckin around and folllow ya girl already 😂🤙🏾 Twitter @ thervla  

Kamani wipes her face clear of tears as she speed walks off campus, making the trek to her apartment. She was practically sprinting, garnering several weird looks as she passes other college students though she didn't give a fuck. She was beyond caring what people think of her.

She makes it to her brown painted building in less than fifteen minutes—a record for her—and stumbles up the steps while rifling through her bag for her house keys.

With shaky hands she fits the key in the locks, turning it to the right and pushing open the door. She locks the door back behind her and marches to her bedroom. Throwing her bag to the floor carelessly, Kamani begins to aimlessly pace the expanse of space.

Over and over until her legs grow numb and even then she continues, the chilling pain welcome.

She feels claustrophobic and tugs at the high collar around her neck. Once she notices that she was still wearing Michael's green Puma jacket she yanks it over her head, not  worrying about her messy hair anymore. She balls the fabric in her hands, squeezes it tight and walks over to her closet.

Thrusting it open she  tosses the jacket to the back of her closet out of sight. A few sweaters and jackets hanging up were a result of Michael's carelessness and she narrows her eyes, slamming the closet door shut.

There was this big ball of adrenaline that was bundled up inside of her, waiting to be released.

She was restless and she wants to scream.

So she does.

She screams long and loudly: a heartbroken, guttural sound that echoes through her room long after she was done.

Kamani was still pretty antsy afterwards, so she leaves her bedroom, slinks into the living room and beelines for the black boom box. There was a cassette that was left in there from last time and after pressing play, she immediately stretches her arms out; the beat resonating through her body.

~

Kamani turns the knob to the right, watching as hot water pours from the faucet into the tub. Her muscles were stretched to a mind numbing tautness and her body feels gloriously heavy. She feels the water with her finger tips and draws back, pulling the shirt from over her head, unclasping her bra and removing her underwear and pants. She slides one leg in the half filled tub and eases her body down, hissing when her warm muscles relax under the high temperature.

She adds a minty bubble soap and lays her head back as the bubbles surround her brown skin. Her mind was finally at rest but she was too tired to properly feel relieved. Instead she sinks lower and lower into the deep tub, getting the ends of her hair soaked in the process.

Closing her eyes she lets the soothing scent of the mint invade her senses, cleansing them and opening them up. The water caresses her skin as the tub reaches its maximum height. She sits up and turns the water off before resuming her positon.

Time passes by but Kamani was unaware of it. She naps a bit in the bathtub and when the water turns cold she turns the water on hot, a never ending repetitive cycle.

At one point she finds that she submerged her whole head under the water, completely drenching her hair.

Only two hours after she first got in the tub does she attempt to get out. Feeling refreshed but drowsy at the same time, it takes her a good second to stand on her two legs, placing both feet on the fluffy matt. Wrapping a white towel around her body, she squeezes the water out of her hair, oblivious to the drops splashing the floor.

Wiping her eyes as she opens the bathroom door and walks down the hallway to her bedroom. She turns the knob and strides in, shivering in the warm air. As she goes to turn on the switch to her lamp, a dark shadow sitting in the chair in the far corner startles her, causing her heart to stop and a sound of surprise to escape her mouth.

The shadow stands and with trembling fingers, she pulls the string on the lamp quickly, taking a step back as she does so. Her heart thumps to a slow stop when she registers Michael.

Scowling she tightens the towel around her chest, annoyed at feeling so scared. "Came to get your shit huh? I would ask how you got in but I already know. I want my key back." She demands tightly, flicking a wayward curl out of her face.

Michael's hands were deep in his brown slacks and his head was tilted slightly. He seems to be calmer than a couple hours from before, but she sees in his eyes how angry he still was. His clenched jawline was a tell too. He gives her a slow blink of his eyes and she huffs, impatiently waiting for him to speak.

"We're not breaking up." His voice was deeper than normal and he ignores her demand all together.

Kamani inhales, narrowing her eyes but then forces a blank expression on her face. She knows if she responds with an attitude he would get one back and then they'd start the arguing. She was too upset and hurt from earlier to deal with it right now, especially since she's trying to convince herself this is the right path for her to take.

Instead she looks at him coldly, an expert thanks to all her acting classes. "What can I help you with? They're some cardboard boxes out back."

Michael shakes his head. "I don't want any cardboard. We need to talk."

She lifts her brows, waiting for him to speak.

He pauses and when she doesn't respond Michael sighs a little, shifting. "What can I do to make you see that what happened today was nowhere near welcomed?"

Feeling her skin starting to dry in the air, she squirms a little. She doesn't bother replying and that irritates him.

"Well?" He doesn't exactly snap at her but she can tell he barely manages not to do so.

She pretends to think about it. "You can get your things and leave." She says after a second of fake contemplation.

That pisses him off—Michael's characteristic dark eyes flash at her. She shrugs. Michael goes to say something but then he closes his mouth, looking her up and down. She flushes as he looks at the exposed skin of her legs and bare shoulders, short towel reaching a few inches below her bottom. She crosses her arms more tightly over her chest.

"Stop it," She hisses uncomfortable. "Stop looking at me like that."

Michael's meets her eyes and he laughs. However mean it may have sound, he has a wonderful laugh. "I can look at you however I want. You're mine remember?"

Her face scrunches up and she draws back. "Boy, goodbye."

He laughs again like what she says is funny and she's confused to see that this time it was a genuine laugh. She's stuck still as he removes his hands from his pockets and closes the space between them. Before she can even blink he's kissing her, lips on hers. Kamani's mouth drops open in shock and he takes advantage of that, tongue reaching out and entangling with hers.

His lips were warm, he was warm and she was cold. It is wrong that for a moment she lets him take what he wants from her, almost forgetting past events? Well maybe, but pushing him back a second later, she remembers it.

"Did I say you can kiss me?"

Michael pulls back but barely. He was a breath away from her. "Did I say I needed permission?"

"Now's not the time to switch your moods up." She spats.

"What can I say? Sometime you do that to me." Michael grins at her and leans forward to kiss her again.

Kamani's stupid. She's so fucking stupid and she knows this. She's known for having dumb moments and this one is just another added to her expansive list. Perhaps that's why she lets Michael kiss her for way longer this time—his slim fingers slipping through her hair. She has the misfortune of knowing he's ninety seven percent cheating on her, yet here she is in his arms. Her mother would be proud.

She pulls back from his hold, lips making a popping sound as they separate. She was breathing heavier than before, tongue peeking out to lick the corner of her lip. "Your stuff is in the closet."

Michael sucks his teeth, ignoring her last attempt at getting him to leave and wraps his arms around her waist, lips locking on her neck.

When he does this she has no hope of telling him off and she just gives in. She'd probably regret it later but for now she was living in the moment.

Michael's hands grips her hips as he yanks her to him, biting a little on her neck, eliciting a moan to leave her. He trails his lips over her skin sucking hard, bruising her. She gasps but he just switches his attention to the other side.

One thing Kamani notices as Michael's touching her is that he's different from the last time they've had contact like this, which was about four months ago. He's harsher with her, bordering on painful.

Like he was afraid she'd slip away.

He unhooks the towel from around her revealing her naked body. Her hands automatically raise to cover her chest but before she can he kisses her again, bringing her bare form against his person.

She already figured Michael was turned on by the way he kissed her out of nowhere, but to feel those changes happening to his body was different. She responds to him, feeling him against her bare stomach and fingers fumbling with the bottom of his pink Mickey Mouse shirt, tugging it up and over his curly head. He helps her and for a moment they both work on his pink and purple button up underneath, releasing the buttons and tossing the shirt behind him.

He was naked from the waist up and Kamani takes the initiative to tug on his slacks, unclasping the button and pulling it down over his hips. Michael aids her, stepping out of the brown pants and kicking it away from him.

Michael was just in a pair of silk boxers, but it needn't have mattered—she could see how aroused he was. Michael tugs on her hand and they fall on the bed, him leaning over her, surveying her before placing love bites everywhere. As he settles between her legs she feels herself warm, the cool air brushing against her tender spot.

She moans, wanting more of anything and Michael chuckles deeply, brushing himself against her. She has no underwear on and her legs were wide open---she could feel everything. He does it again and again, her gasps rises higher and higher until she couldn't take the friction he was causing.

"Michael." She whines, eyes closed.

Michael laughs but pulls away from her, coming back a second later. Without warning, he enters her and she freezes up, hissing.

"Mmh."

He ease into her slowly, but it was still painful. It's been a while since she's had sex. Tears prick her eyes and her mouth opens silently. Michael threads his fingers through hers above her head and kisses her right breast. He slowly starts his movement and not before long she gets accustomed to him again.

Having sex with Michael was different than she remembers. It was good, man it was good, but it wasn't fully enjoyable. Yeah when they were fooling around she was okay with it, but being close to him makes her remember Stacia. Ugh, Stacia.

When they were finished Michael threads a leg between hers, laying his head on her chest. His hand rubs on her left thigh and she smiles softly as she recalls his older brother saying how Michael likes big thighs on a girl when he was younger. At least she was providing something for him.

Her hand plays absently in his hair as her eyes close. She was feeling content, everything seemed to be coming together again. He was here in her apartment wanting to be with her and they just had sex. She no longer wants to cry and her chest was feeling light.

This is all she ever wants.

~

Kamani uses the key Michael gave her to his apartment, unlocking the door and walking in. Shutting the door behind her, she smiles as she smells pizza in the air. She was starving. She takes her time putting her satchel on a hook before walking into the kitchen.

"Michael?" She calls as she turns the corner. She stumbles to a stop as she sees a sight she's not prepared nor wants to see.

Michael was sitting at the kitchen table, eating from a box of pizza and singing a few notes. Stacia was beside him, listening as she chews on her own slice, smiling that beauty pageant smile at him. Michael stops singing and laughs at himself, reclining back in his chair. Stacia reaches out and touches his thigh, rubbing it slowly.

Her eyes burn.

"That was wonderful Michael. You should write me another song some time. Your voice is amazing."

"You're too kind. You'd be a perfect inspiration I'm sure." Michael grins at her, showing white teeth and raises the can of soda to his mouth. As he places his lips on the rim, his eyes flit to her and then widens.

Kamani's face crumbles as she looks between the two. She backs away as Michael sets his can down and stands up. She opens her mouth to say something, anything but words wouldn't come. She turns and grabs her bag from the hook and quickly opening the front door.

"Kamani!" Michael calls from behind her. She ignores him and runs as she hears Stacia asks what was going on.

She runs. Back to her apartment. Back to her misery. And back to her sorrow.

She runs.

~

trash. i.am.disgusted.

word count=2364 not. edited. yet to preread.

Short chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 123 6
" š–Ø'š—† š—…š–¾š–ŗš—š—‚š—‡š—€ š—’š—ˆš—Ž š—š—š—‚š—Œ š—‹š–¾š–¼š—ˆš—‹š–½ š–暝—ˆš—‹ š—’š—ˆš—Žš—‹ š–¾š—’š–¾š—Œ š—ˆš—‡š—…š—’, š–½š—ˆš—‡'š— š—’š—ˆš—Ž š–¾š—š–¾š—‹ š—Œš–¼š—‹š–ŗš—š–¼š— š—ˆš—‹ š–½š—‚š—Œš—‹š–¾š—Œš—‰ļæ½...
27.6K 1.3K 23
š˜ˆš˜Æš˜„ š˜¦š˜·š˜¦š˜Æ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜µš˜©š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Øš˜“ š˜ š˜„š˜°š˜Æ'š˜µ š˜­š˜Ŗš˜¬š˜¦ š˜¢š˜£š˜°š˜¶š˜µ š˜©š˜Ŗš˜® š˜¢š˜³š˜¦ š˜§š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜¦ š˜øš˜Ŗš˜µš˜© š˜®š˜¦.
1.5K 86 8
š’‡š’‚š’š’š’†š’ š’‚š’š’ˆš’†š’ ā•± 天ä½æ. ā baby, best believe in the š’‚š’š’ˆš’†š’ that lies below you āž ā”ā”ā”...