There's Another Riddle? (Harr...

By krazygrl123

So you've heard of Voldemort but what if he had a daughter he never knew about? Will she be as evil as him o... More

Another Riddle (Harry Potter)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 HOGWARTS BABY!!!!!!!
Chapter 4 Adoption Time
Chapter 5 Diagon Alley
Chapter 6 Who's Daughter??
Chapter 8 The Second Sorting
Chapter 9 Classes!!
Chapter 10 I Believe I Can Fly!
Chapter 11 TROLL!!
Chapter 12 Snape Did What?
Chapter 13 Christmas Time
Chapter 14 What Fluffy Has Been Guarding
Chapter 15 Baby Dragons and Hagrid
Chapter 16 The So Called Forbidden Forest
Chapter 17 Trapdoor, Here We Come

Chapter 7 Train Ride to School

520 18 6
By krazygrl123

I am a lazy bum so I thank rainerrose for the motivation. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Chapter 7

It was finally September 1st, I got Snape to agree to let me ride the train to Hogwarts so I could make friends. We apperated to King's Cross Station at 10:35. Snape dropped Sherlock and me off in a nearby alley then he apperated away.

"Thanks." I mumbled as sarcastically as I could. "Come on Sherlock, we got to find platform 9 3/4." I hitched my backpack up some more and headed in King's Cross.

I read in Hogwarts a History that you had to run through a brick wall but I was a bit nervous. There was a huge group of red-heads walking through King's Cross I heard the mom say something about muggles so I followed them.

I saw them run through the brick wall in between platform 9 and 10. After they had all ran through I ran right after them hugging Sherlock tight.

I was shocked we didn't run into the wall but the sight that was infront of me made me forget about that.

There was another platform! The people were amazing, I saw so much magic all around. I can't wait to learn all the spells. I stared in awe before I boarded the train. Most of the compartments were full except one so I claimed it for myself and Sherlock and waited to see who would show up.

Not long after I sat down did a boy walk in. He was snobby looking with slicked back blonde hair. When he saw me he looked me over before saying "I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, Pureblood. Who are you?"

"Umm I'm Jess Dekeyrel. I think I'm a halfblood but I don't know." I said shocked by his abruptness.

"Thank Merlin you're not a mudblood." At that comment I slapped him in the face and pushed him out of my compartment.

A few seconds later a short boy with messy dark brown, almost black, hair and clothes 4 sizes to big walked in. "Err there aren't anymore seats left mind if I sit here?" he asked me. "Not at all. I'm Jess."

"Hi. I'm Harry Potter." He said shaking my hand. "Ohhhhhhh, you're Harry. Hagrid told me about you! It's nice to meet you."

He gave me a really funny look as he sat down. "So how do you know Hagrid?" he asked after an awkward silence. "I lived at Hogwarts for awhile so I'm besties with Hagrid and Dumbledore."

"Oh, that's cool."

We were awkwardly sitting there as the train rolled away from the station when one of the ginger boys, the youngest I believe, walked into the compartment.

"Anyone else sitting there?" he asked, pointing to the seat right next to me. "Everywhere else is full."

I said no as Harry shook his head and the ginger boy sat down. He glanced at Harry and then looked quickly out of  the window, pretending he hadn’t looked at him. Gingers, am I right?(JK I SWEAR) “Hey, Ron.” Some red haired twins barged in. I assumed they were the awkward one's brothers.

“Listen, we’re going down the middle of the train — Lee Jordan’s got a giant tarantula down there.” 

 “Right,” mumbled the awkward one who had to have been Ron. 

 “Harry,” said the other twin, “did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother. I don't remember meeting you. What's you're name?"

I looked at them before responding to their long winded talk. "I'm Jess nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. See you later, then.”

“Bye,” chorused the compartment. The twins slid the door shut behind them. 

 “Are you really Harry Potter?” Ron sp smoothly blurted out. 

 Harry nodded as I just shook my head at Ron's tactfullness.

 “Oh — well, I thought it might be one of Fred and George’s jokes,” said Ron. “And have you really got — you know…” He pointed at Harry’s forehead. It seemed like the coversation would be all about Harry so I decided to play with Sherlock, who had been ignored by all.

 Harry pulled back his bangs to show the lightning scar. Ron stared. "Close your mouth Ron, before you catch a fly." I popped it back shut and waited for him to interrogate Harry more.

“So that’s where You-Know-Who —?” 

 “Yes,” said Harry, “but I can’t remember it.” 

 “Nothing?” said Ron eagerly. 

 “Well — I remember a lot of green light, but nothing else.” 

 “Wow,” said Ron. He sat and stared at Harry for a few moments, then, as though he had suddenly realized what he was doing, he looked quickly out of the window again. 

 “Are all your family wizards?” asked Harry almost as enthusiastic as Ron. “Er — Yes, I think so,” said Ron. “I think Mom’s got a second cousin who’s an accountant, but we never talk about him.” 

I got really uninterested so i snuggled with Sherlock and curled up on the seat. I heard something about 5 brothers before I dozed off.

I jerked awake when the compartment door slid open with a bang. There was some bushy haired girl in her robes who so kindly slammed open the door and a bit sloppy boy with a round face. "Well thanks for that. I was having such a nice sleep too." I moaned snuggling farther into Sherlock's fur.

“Has anyone seen a toad? Neville’s lost one,” she said ignoring me like the hobo she was. She had a bossy sort of voice and now that I saw them really large front teeth.

“We’ve already told him we haven’t seen it,” said Ron, but the girl wasn’t listening, she was looking at his wand ,which I now noticed, in his hand. 

 “Oh, are you doing magic? Let’s see it, then.” 

 She sat down and Ron looked taken aback. “Er — all right.” He cleared his throat. “Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow.” He waved his wand, but nothing happened. the fat rat stayed grey and fast asleep.

"Good tr-"

“Are you sure that’s a real spell?” said the girl. “Well, it’s not very good, is it? I’ve tried a few simple spells just for practice and it’s all worked for me. Nobody in my family’s magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it’s the very best school of witchcraft there is, I’ve heard — I’ve learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough — I’m Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?”  She interrupted me and she spoke like a chipmunk on a sugar-high.

 Harry looked at Ron, and was relieved to see by his stunned face that he hadn’t learned all the course books by heart either. They both looked at me hoping I hadn't either but hey I the awesomest.

"I too have memorized all the course books and more. In fact, I've been living in Hogwarts for a while now." I bragged just a little bit, but hey I like to be the very best, like no one ever was. "Oh and I'm Jessica Dekeyrel."

 “I’m Ron Weasley,” Ron muttered. 

  “Harry Potter,” said Harry.

“Are you really?” said Hermione. Once more she decided to ignore me completely. I may have pushed to many buttons. “I know all about you, of course — I got a few extra books, for background reading, and you’re in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century.” 

 “Am I?” said Harry, feeling dazed. 

 “Goodness, didn’t you know, I’d have found out everything I could if it was me,” said Hermione. “Do either of you know what house you’ll be in? I’ve been asking around, and I hope I’m in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn’t be too bad… Anyway, we’d better go and look for Neville’s toad. You three had better change, you know, I expect we’ll be there soon.” 

 Hermione looked at me snuggling with my adorable puppy and decided she would act like an annoying pricipal. "You know, dogs aren't allowed in Hogwarts." And with that rude remark she left, taking the toadless boy, who I assume was Nevile, with her.

"Wow she didn't even close the door." I got up from my comfy position and closed the door. After I sat down again I noticed all the junk in the compartment. "What did I miss! You guys ate all the candy! No fairrrrrrrrrr."

The boys gave me a squeamish look before changing the subject. “Whatever house I’m in, I hope she’s not in it,” said Ron. He threw his wand into his trunk. “Stupid spell — George gave it to me, bet he knew it was a dud.” 

 “What house are your brothers in?” asked Harry.  

 “Gryffindor,” said Ron. He seemed really upset and sad. “Mom and Dad were in it, too. I don’t know what they’ll say if I’m not. I don’t suppose Ravenclaw would be too bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin.” 

 “That’s the house Vol-, I mean, You-Know-Who was in?” I gave a slight flinch at the mention of my so called father.

  “Yeah,” Ron and I said. He flopped into his seat, looking really depressed.

"Don't worry Ron you're not cunning enough to be in Slytherin." I gave him a nice pat on the back but my kind words didn't seem to be enough for him.

 “You know, I think the ends of Scabbers’ whiskers are a bit lighter,” said Harry, trying to distract Ron. “So what do your oldest brothers do now that they’ve left, anyway?” 

“Charlie’s in Romania studying dragons, and Bill’s in Africa doing something for Gringotts,” said Ron. “Did you hear about Gringotts? It’s been all over the Daily Prophet, but I don’t suppose you get that with the Muggles — someone tried to rob a high security vault.” 

"Your brother works with dragons?!?" I asked in awe, "That is so cool!"

Ron shrugged his shoulders then went back to his conversation with Harry. I'm gonna get this ginger.

“Nothing, that’s why it’s such big news. They haven’t been caught. My dad says it must’ve been a powerful Dark wizard to get round Gringotts, but they don’t think they took anything, that’s what’s odd. 'Course, everyone gets scared when something like this happens in case You-Know-Who's behind it."

I wish people would just stop mentioning that sicko. I mean to think I am even related to him-let alone be his daughter is just horrible. I was just wallowing in my self-pitied thoughts when the compartment door slid open once more.

Of course just my luck prissy Draco Malfoy entered with two huge goons behind him. He gave me the biggest look of disgust ever, even more than Snape, but Harry turned to the focus of his attention.

“Is it true?” he said. “They’re saying all down the train that Harry Potter’s in this compartment. So it’s you, is it?” 

  “Yes,” said Harry.

 “Oh, this is Crabbe and this is Goyle,” said the little snob, as he noticed where Harry was looking. “And my name’s Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.” 

 Ron gave a slight cough, which might have been hiding a snigger. Well done Ronald. Draco looked at him. 

  “Think my name’s funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford.” 

I stood up taking offense. No one messes with my friends, even if said friend is annoying. "Watch it Draco or else you will find my foot lodge up your arse pretty soon."

He looked worried before he turned back to Harry. “You’ll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don’t want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there.” 

  He held out his hand to shake Harry’s, but Harry didn't take it. Smart kid. “I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks,” he said coolly. 

 Draco didn't go fully red, but a pink tinge appeared in his pale cheeks. 

  “I’d be careful if I were you, Potter,” he said slowly. “Unless you’re a bit politer you’ll go the same way as your parents. They didn’t know what was good for them, either. You hang around with riffraff like Dekeyrel, the Weasleys, and that Hagrid, and it’ll rub off on you.” 

  Both Harry and Ron stood up behind me. “Say that again,” Ron said, his face as red as his hair. "Ya, I dare you!" I got my wand out ready to beat Malfoy and his "friends".

 “Oh, you’re going to fight us, are you?” Malfoy sneered. 

  “Unless you get out now,” said Harry. He sounded brave, but looking slightly scared.

  “But we don’t feet like leaving, do we, boys? We’ve eaten all our food and you still seem to have some.” Goyle reached toward the Chocolate Frogs next to Ron — Ron leapt forward, but before he so much as touched Goyle, Goyle let out a horrible yell. 

  Scabbers the rat was hanging off his finger, sharp little teeth sunk deep into Goyle’s knuckle-Crabbe and Malfoy backed away as Goyle swung Scabbers round and round, howling, and when Scabbers finally flew off and hit the window, all three of them disappeared at once. Perhaps they thought there were more rats lurking among the sweets, or maybe they heard footsteps, because a second later, Hermione Granger came in. 

  “What has been going on?” she said, looking at the sweets all over the floor and Ron picking up Scabbers by his tail. 

  “I think he’s been knocked out,” Ron said to Harry. He looked closer at Scabbers. “No — I don’t believe it — he’s gone back to sleep.” 

"Fat rat." I muttered. "Now Harry you deserve a highfive! Come on up top." I raised my hand and gave Harry a big 'ol highfive.

 “You’ve met Malfoy before?” 

 Harry explained about their meeting in Diagon Alley and I told them about how rude he was before they came in and that I slammed the door infront of his stuck up face. 

  “I’ve heard of his family,” said Ron darkly. “They were some of the first to come back to our side after You-Know-Who disappeared. Said they’d been bewitched. My dad doesn’t believe it. He says Malfoy’s father didn’t need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side.” He turned to Hermione. “Can we help you with something?” 

  “You’d better hurry up and put your robes on, I’ve just been up to the front to ask the conductor, and he says we’re nearly there. You haven’t been fighting, have you? You’ll be in trouble before we even get there!” 

  “Scabbers has been fighting, not us,” said Ron, scowling at her. “Would you mind leaving while we change? You to Jess.” 

  “All right — I only came in here because people outside are behaving very childishly, racing up and down the corridors,” said Hermione in a sniffy voice. “And you’ve got dirt on your nose, by the way, did you know?” 

Hermione left and I left right after her to go get dressed. As I threw on my robes I started to think about what Ron had said, about the Malfoys being supporters of my f- I mean Voldemor- dangit I mean You-Know-Who. Draco was a jerk but he didn't seem like he supported You-Know-Who. 

As I was finishing putting on my robes I heard a voice come over the loud speaker: “We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes’ time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately.” 

I grabbed my bag and Sherlock and joined the herd of people pushing their way around. The train slowed right down and finally stopped. People pushed their way toward the door and out on to a tiny, dark platform. Then a lamp came bobbing over the heads of the students, I heard Hagrid's voice booming: “Firs’ years! Firs’ years over here! All right there, Harry, Jess?” 

  Hagrid’s big hairy face beamed over the sea of heads. I then noticed I was by Ron and Harry again. Weird. “C’mon, follow me — any more firs’ years? Mind yer step, now! Firs’ years follow me!” 

  Slipping and stumbling, we all followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. There were thick trees on both sides of us shrouding us in darkness. Nobody spoke much except Neville, a.k.a. toad boy, sniffed once or twice. 

  “Yeh’ll get yer firs’ sight o’ Hogwarts in a sec,” Hagrid called over his shoulder, “jus’ round this bend here.” 

 There was a loud “Oooooh!” and I have to admit I was one of the people who oooohed. Hogwarts is so beautiful in the night.

 The narrow path had suddenly opened onto the edge of the lake. Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was the vast castle with many turrets and towers. 

 “No more’n four to a boat!” Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. Harry and Ron were followed into their boat by Neville and Hermione, leaving me out so I was left with Blaise, the boy from Diagon Alley, and some randoms. “Everyone in?” shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself, lucky. “Right then — FORWARD!” 

And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass. Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood. 

  “Heads down!” yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; everyone bent their heads and the little boats carried us through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face. We were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking us right underneath the castle, until we reached a kind of underground harbor, where we clambered out onto rocks and pebbles. 

  “Oy, you there! Is this your toad?” said Hagrid, who was checking the boats as people climbed out of them. 

  “Trevor!” cried Neville blissfully, holding out his hands. Awww, toad boy was united with his toad! Then we all clambered up a passageway in the rock after Hagrid’s lamp, coming out at last onto smooth, damp grass right in the large shadow of the castle. 

We walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge, oak front door. 

 “Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?”  Hagrid raised a gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 54 17
Edited- MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC STUFF Rumor Belladonna Riddle is the sole child of Lord Voldemort- a tag that she quickly learns turns people away from h...
25K 346 25
Gianna Snape, Severus's Daughter; Beautiful, Amazing, Intelligent, Loving, Everything A Boy Could Wish For, But She Doesn't Like To Be Owned. She's...
354K 12K 33
After being saved from the Dursley's as a toddler, Harry James Potter was taken in by a new family. A family he truly deserved. He was finally able t...
2.1K 567 19
"𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝐼 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒, 𝑌/𝑛?" 𝑇𝑜𝑚 𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑖�...