THE LUCEAT BULLETIN

By Mahogany4

Sulli has been living for her career. She doesn't care about her lovelife...all she thinks about is journalis... More

THE LUCEAT BULLETIN
Year 2005
Mr. Fallen from a Tree
Minho's Room
Spring Painting
Goodbye
Year 2011
From the Window
Miss I am Wonderful
Motorbike
Macchiato
Liver Operation
Haunting Painting
Assignment
The One that Got Away
Make Up
Bullet
To distract him
Truth Revealed
Back Then
High school Mess
Opponent's move
Stockroom Sizzle
Investigation
Hidden Paintings
Trap

Drainage

1.2K 31 4
By Mahogany4

Chapter 4

Drainage

Minho had just done the drawing. When he looked back, he saw Sulli sitting… her back on the wall. Her head leaning on the corner…she had fallen as sleep.

Minho walked towards Sulli’s sleeping form.

A woman has to be careful of herself when she’s alone with a man.

Doesn’t she see him as a man at all?

Minho chuckled remembering the way Sulli stared at him earlier. No..she knows he’s a man…but she’s just a careless woman.

Sulli’s hair is blocking her face. Minho brushed the hair behind her ear.

If there was one thing everybody said right…it’s that she’s a real beauty.  There would be no man who won’t be attracted to her…but how can a beauty like her turn out to be such a spoiled brat?

Minho shook Sulli’s shoulder.

“Hey…Ms. Choi. Wake up. I am done with the drawing. You need to tell me what you need for the painting.” Said Minho

Sulli opened her eyes…ah…right….Minho…they’re working together.

Sulli saw Minho’s drawing…wow..he’s really talented…impressive…Sulli looked at her watch…oh no..it’s 12midnight already. They need to hurry.

“Umm…the painting…” said Sulli

Something made Minho’s heart beat fast at Sulli’s voice…it’s a bit huskier than her normal voice…it’s her voice upon waking up.

“It should be anything you like to paint…no particular topic….I just wanted to showcase our school’s talent….so you can paint anything you want.” Said Sulli

“But please don’t make it as eerie as the one in the Art’s club office.” Sulli said smiling

Ahhh he’s just a man…husky hoarse voice appeals to him because he’s just a hot blooded teenager…but that smile seems to have the same impact on him.

Minho shook his head. This must be the Taemin Syndrome.

“You said any painting?” asked Minho

“Yeah…just anything.” Said Sulli

Hmmm… Minho took a brush and a canvass. “Stay still” said Minho

“Huh? Why do I need to stay still?” Thought Sulli.

Minho stared at Sulli…”Smile for me…Sulli.” Said Minho

Sulli’s eyes widen at her name from Minho’s lips. The way he said “Smile for me.” Melts something inside Sulli

But she obliged. She smiled a bit.

“That’s good…yes…that’s fine.” Minho just stared at Sulli and then closed his eyes, turned around and started painting.

“Is he painting me? Really????? No way! Not for the schoolpaper! And he just stared at me for like a few seconds…and that’s it ? He can already paint me?!” thought Sulli

Sulli stood up from the floor. Her legs are cramping. After a few minutes of trying to control her legs, she’s able to stand behind Minho to see what he’s working on. It’s a painting of a woman…who doesn’t look like her at all….She looks like a goddess submerged under water…She’s smiling…is that smile similar to hers?!

“For a minute I thought you were trying to paint me. I was going to stop you. But it seems it’s not a painting of myself. So I will let you go.” Said Sulli

But Minho was not listening, his attention was fully on his painting. Sulli stared at Minho’s focused face…This man…he looks best when he’s working on his Art…He looks so passionate and so focused…

Sulli took a few steps away to put the drawing on the paper. It was perfect. It describes what they need exactly the way she wants it.

“You’re perfect.” Said Sulli

“Huh?” Asked Minho

He heard her?  Wasn’t he so focused in his painting?

“I mean your drawing...it’s perfect.” Said Sulli

Minho gave Sulli the painting.

“Wow….” Sulli is rendered speechless…. Wow…what a beautiful woman….she is under  the water but she looks happy...no..sad…there’s something about the smile that makes you think she’s not happy…but not sad? The woman…why is she under water?

“Stop staring at it too much.” Said Minho

“Don’t tell me the painting will also feel uncomfortable?” asked Sulli

“No. Will that be fine? Are you going to put that in Luceat?” asked Minho

“Yeah..I think I will…this is beautiful.” Said Sulli

Minho finished his cup of coffee.

Sulli put the painting on the paper. PERFECT!!!

Sulli looked at her watch…3:00AM… Hmm…

“I’ve gotten everything together now. Thank you so much for your help, Minho.” Said Sulli

Minho…She just easily calls him by his name.

Sulli fixed her things…she still has a few hours to grab some sleep.

“You’re…not yet going home?” asked Sulli.

Minho took his shirt off and unveiled the sculpture. It has a better form now…it looks to be an image of a couple hugging each other…though the features are not yet clear…it already looks good.

“I told you I need to finish a lot of things.” Said Minho

“Ah…yes..you’re right.” Said Sulli

Oh no…it’s 3AM…it’s going to be dark…Sulli normally does not get worried over being in school at wee hours…but walking her way home at this time is going to be the first time.

Sulli took a deep breath. What can happen anyway? There wouldn’t be any person outside at this time right?

“I’m going ahead.” Said Sulli

Sulli took her bag and took a deep breath. She said a short prayer in her mind and then left the room without looking back.

-----------------------

Minho can’t focus on his work. He looked at his watch…3:05 AM…

Minho hit the sculpture with the hammer. But he hits it weaker and weaker each time…until he can’t hit it anymore.

Minho dropped his hammer…

That crazy woman…Is she seriously going to walk home at this time?!

He stood up, took his shirt and put it on. He ran out…after the woman who just left.

--------------------------

Sulli’s attention is highten. She has never walked this fast in her life. Just a few more….

Sulli saw a drunk man walking the other side…please don’t let him see me…

Sulli closed her eyes as she walked fast. But she felt someone pulling her. She immediately opened her eyes and saw the drunk man in front of her, his hand almost reaching her. But it’s not his hand who touched her making her open her eyes…but the hand of another man who is pulling her to his back, blocking her from the drunk man.

“Who is this?” thought Sulli

“Do you need anything from my girl?” asked the guy

Is he protecting her from the drunk man? Sulli noticed the familiar back of this man.

M…Minho?

“I just want to ask her if she needs help to get home.” said the drunk man

“Well she doesn’t. Because I’m taking her home.” Said Minho

The drunk man just waved his hand and walked away.

Sulli let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness!

“Which way is your house?” asked Minho

“Huh?” Sulli is confused. “Umm to the left.”

Minho pulled her arm to the left rather forecefully.

“Hey, why are you pulling my arm..I can walk on my own, you know.” Said Sulli

“Oh really now? Do you know what would have happened if I did not come? Do you know what would have happened if I was even a minute late?” asked Minho

“Ah, No..if you had an idea, you wouldn’t have gone out here alone at 3AM walking home.” Said Minho irritated.

Sulli is irritated too. She just wants to get some sleep.

“What would you have me do? Stay at school until the sun rise?” Asked Sulli

“Yeah…that would have been safer than going out here.” said Minho

Sulli continued to give directions until they reached her house.

“We’re here.” said Sulli

Minho stopped walking. Ahhh this big gate…this is where she stays.

“Umm..thank you for taking me home.” Said Sulli a bit awkwardly.

Minho just nodded.

“Go ahead inside.” Said Minho

Sulli’s heart has been racing since Minho touched her arm in front of the drunk man earlier…

Why is she being like this…Does she like Minho Choi?

Sulli nodded “Thank you for your help on Luceat.” Said Sulli

“Yup, that should be the last. L said Art’s club can finally go back to the office. I hope you would never do anything against the club anymore.” Said Minho

“You need to grow up, Sulli Choi. You can’t have everything you want in this world.  You can’t be Miss I am Wonderful forever. If you ever do anything against the club again, I won’t just succumb to what you want. ” Said Minho

Minho walked away.

---------------------------

Sulli can’t sleep…That guy…he doesn’t like her…Though he brought her home and protected her…she feels resentment in his every word…

It pains Sulli’s heart…For the first time in her life…her heart is too troubled over a guy…

It seems like she likes Minho Choi…too much…way too much…is this the beginning of first love?

-------------------------

“How is your sculpture coming?” asked L

“Half done.” Said Minho

“Will you be able to finish everything on time?” asked L

“I am targeting to finish it next week.” Said Minho

“Good…we need all our entries to the competition ready by next week. A lot of renown Artists are going to view the competition. This is our chance to get an apprentice offer.” Said L “This is the best chance we’ll get a good future as artists after high school.”

Everyone took a few seconds to absorb what L said.

“We can’t afford any delays then.” said Lee Joon

“We can’t afford any distractions. Each of us needs to succeed.” Said Hara

L nodded.

Minho looked out the window…There is a specific Artist he wants to be an apprentice of…That’s why he’s doing the sculpture…he heard the professor loves sculptures.

Each of them is surely eye-ing a specific Artist…The competition 2 weeks from now…will determine their future as Artists.

“Oh…I just got a copy of LUCEAT. It got released this morning.” Said Lee Joon bringing out a copy of Luceat from his bag.

“Really? Let me see.” Said Hara

“You normally don’t care about Luceat.” Said L

“I just want to see what Minho did.” Said Hara

“Everyone is looking forward to your work, Minho” said L

Minho just nodded.

“Woah….” Lee Joon is out of words…the drawing was good…but the painting is…haunting….The woman looks beautiful…she looks so mystical…

“A fairie?” asked Lee Joon

“Looks like a water Goddess.” Said Hara

“Who is your inspiration? Or is she just a product of your imagination?” asked L

“I got an inspiration…Most of it is just a product of my imagination.” Said Minho

“You are really something, Minho!” said Hara

“This is going to be your headache, L. You need to find someone who would replace Minho in Luceat…And I don’t think Miss editor will accept just whoever.” Said Lee Joon

----------------------

Luna and Key can’t stop giggling…the published Luceat was the best they have ever created.

“This is all because of everyone’s hard work.” Said Sulli “Let’s keep our hands crossed that we’ll make it to the finals and let’s start planning the next issue…it should be better than this one…Our target is the top prize!” said Sulli

“And we can definitely do this. I am so excited.” Said Luna

Key just nodded “We’ve only just begun. We’ll win it!” said Key

Sulli is happy, everyone is hyped!

---------------------

Minho went to the science building. He needs to finish he sculpture. He saw some men fixing the drainage behind the building.

“Teacher..what are they doing?” asked Minho

“Oh…they’re cleaning up the clogged drainage…you didn’t read the Luceat?” asked the Teacher

“Oh…yeah…so this is because of what was written there.” said Minho

“Yup…It seems management finally realized we need a cleaner science building because of that editorial.” said the teacher.

“Good…that article seemed to be working.” Thought Minho. Minho had to smirk. His drawing did this huh?

------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 578 12
In which two strangers meet at the wrong time, breaking each other's heart. Hyunjin needs a fake girlfriend to show his ex that he can move on. Won...
2.4K 39 19
It all started with just raising a grade letter so she could have a birthday party. But what happens when Missy Tallent falls deeply in love with her...
2.9M 66.3K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...
18.3K 625 30
Luhan gave her heart to Oh Sehun, the same heart that was torn into pieces by the man she loved first, trusting him to handle it with love and care...