Macchiato

Chapter 11

Macchiato

Minho is getting a lot of photos. People seems to be enjoying the festival. Families together…couples…even someone alone is enjoying himself.

Minho walked on and saw Sulli interviewing the Chef. She looks happy and all smiles as se exchanges a laugh with the Chef. It seems she’s in her zone.

Minho lifted his camera and took a shot of the Chef and Sulli. He then zoomed to the Chef. And then to Sulli.

Minho looked at his shots. He got really good shots. He caught the Chef while laughing hard. And then he saw his shot of Sulli’s face. She has that open smile on her face.  Minho touched the screen of his camera…

He zoomed it further

She has that strand of hair on her face. Minho tried to wipe it off Sulli’s face, but her hair did not go away.

Minho scratched his ear. Did he really think he can wipe that hair through his camera’s screen?

---------------------------

Sulli completed the interview. This is such a relief. Her first assignment  Is half done. She just needs to write the article and submit it tomorrow.

Sulli walked on the Festival. Wow…so many participants. A lot of free taste and a lot of different food all around Korea and abroad.

You can really feel the festive atmosphere.

Sulli noticed a police officer in one of the stalls. The owner seems to be in a heated argument with the officer. The  owner gave what looked like a bundle of money to the officer.

Sulli took her phone and took a video of what is happening.  Whatever this is…There seems to be something wrong…

When the officer went away Sulli went to the store owner

“That officer looks scary. He looks like the type to extort money.” Said Sulli

“He sure is. He said we have violations on the Festival contract and if we won’t pay up, we need to leave now.” Said the owner

That sure looks like extortion…

“What violation did you do?” asked Sulli

“He can’t say it too.” Said the owner

Sulli saw where the officer went and tried to follow him.

But someone grabbed her arm.

When Sulli turned around, she saw Minho.

“You’re not going to follow him are you?” asked Minho

“I just want to confirm something.” Said Sulli

“Alone?” asked Minho

“I’m not going to confront him. I just want to see if there are other victims.” Said Sulli

“If he catches you, what can a woman like you do against that kind of man?” asked Minho

Sulli tried to pull herself free from Minho’s grasp.

“All right…keep pulling away. But I won’t let this arm go.” Said Minho

Sulli searched for the officer…he’s gone…she lost him.

Sulli let out an irritated grunt.

“I lost him! I need to know what he’s up to. Why are you stopping me?! If I don’t do something, he’ll continue to extort money!” said Sulli