Isolation [COMPLETED]

Oleh SaydenOdor

#Wattys2016 [COMPLETED STORY] Lennon lost her parents when she was very young, now, living with a new foster... Lebih Banyak

0.0 Prologue
1.1 Happily Never After
1.2 Hauthorns
1.3 Freak
1.4 Burnt Offerings
1.5 Daddy Dearest
1.6 Blood and Tears
1.7 Flashback
1.8 Safe
1.9 Family
2.1 Welcome Home
2.2 Puzzle Pieces
2.3 Bazerific
2.4 Bank of Ruins
2.5 Secrets Don't Make Friends
2.6 The Good Son
2.7 The Prince of the Sollien's
2.8 Gypsy Tales
2.9 Training: Energy
3.0 Training: Betrayal
3.1 Stranger Danger
3.2 Momma's Girl
3.3 Ashes in the Wind
3.4 Recruitment
3.5 A Death in the Family
3.6 Abandoned
3.7 Physical Education
3.8 Frenemies
3.9 War
4.0 The Beginning of the End
4.1 The End of the Beginning
4.2 Best Friends Forever
4.3 They All Fall Down
4.4 The Light
4.5 Family Reunion
4.6 The End
4.7 The Next Chapter
Author Notes

2.0 Louisiana

46 12 2
Oleh SaydenOdor

2.0 LOUISIANA

She winced as she passed the Louisiana State welcome sign. She never thought she would be coming back to this place, the place she considered to be hell.

She strummed her fingers along the black leather of her steering wheel. She reached over and turned off the radio. She took the next available exit she came to off of the interstate and pulled into a large truck stop gas station taking a handicap spot right in front of the entrance.

She opened her car door and stepped out, standing there for a few moments basking in the beauty of her black Cadillac CTS. She slid her finger slowly down the side of the car surveying its flawless features.

She heard a loud sharp whistle from behind her and when she turned around to find where the sound came from she saw a small group of scruffy looking truck drivers standing in front of her car. She took a cigarette out of a fancy cigarette case that she had inside of her clutch and started walking slowly towards the group of men.

"You boys wouldn't happen to have the lite now would you?" She asked slyly and flirtatiously to the men. The group busily dug into their pockets searching for a lighter. She leaned against the hood of her car brushing her long hair over her shoulder flirtatiously and smiled as one of the men leaned forward and lit the cigarette which sat in her red full lips.

The scruffy looking man eyed the girl up and down with satisfaction at what he was seeing. The girl chuckled to herself inhaling the poisonous smoke and blowing it out through smiling lips.

She was used to this type of attention from men. The girl had learned at a very young age that her looks could get her anything she wanted, but having the power to control anyone around her, that couldn't hurt either.

She was tall, and standing at almost 6 foot with legs that seemed to go on for days, she was always an eye catcher.

She was thin, and she was very well toned, curvy everywhere it counted. She had jet black hair and went straight down her back and ended right before it reached her curvy hips.

It was layered and it hung loosely accenting her face. Her skin was a light mocha color, which made her look exotic to most people, like her skin had been kissed by the sun.

Her lips were a deep natural red and were full. She was a beauty all around, but the most striking feature that she had were her eyes.

They were large and they were light blue in color like the sky on a clear summer day, and along with being beautiful it also held her strongest power, along with being breathtaking, if someone looked into them, she could make them do anything she wanted.

Anyone unless they were as equally powerful, that is, would be in total control of her.

"So honey, what is a little peach like yourself doing in this mud hole?" the trucker who had lit her cigarette asked while leaning against her car the other men there had gotten bored, and had begun to wander off by this time.

"Oh I'm just passing through sugar," she said still puffing on her cigarette carefully keeping an eye on the brave trucker who seemed to lean closer every second.

"Well what's your name sunshine?" he asked still looking at her greedily. "Jewels," she said while batting her eyes, she looked down at the hand he had put on the hood of her car, and examined the wedding ring he wore on his left ring finger.

"My goodness, what would your wife say if she knew you were flirting with little old me?" she asked cockily staring the man in his eyes. He smiled slyly never taking his eyes off of hers. He suddenly felt relaxed, almost paralyzed, he tried to speak but couldn't.

He was lost in his own body like he was in a labyrinth of his own mind which he just couldn't find the exit. Jewels smiled, taking one last puff of her cigarette and then removing it from her lips, tapping the ashes away with your fingers.

In just that second when their eyes had met she had gained total control over his body and mind, no matter where he went or what he did she would always be able to refer back to his brain and control it if she needed, and he would never know or remember.

Forever in her filing cabinet of faces, that was where he would stay.

She looked at the hand of the trucker that still sat on the hood of her car, and a sly smile crept across her face. "You know what I want you to do for me?" she asked him, continuing, knowing he wouldn't be able to respond.

"I want you to call your wife and tell her just how much of the dirtbag that you are, tell her everything you do while on the road, which I can guess is an earful. Tell her she deserves better and tell her she can have all the money that's in the bank, keep the house and keep it all."

"And never ever go back to her, you will live in your truck for the rest of your life and be a hopeless, worthless man," she said rolling her eyes, she took the cigarette that still remained in her hands, and started to bring it down onto the man's hand.

They were interrupted by a loud long honk from a car horn, and with that, the line of concentration had been broken.

The truck driver reached for his head and shook it as if he had water in his ears and were trying to shake it out.

He looked at Jewels with a confused look and asked, "I'm sorry, did you ask me something?" with an unfamiliar look in his eyes as if everything that had just happened, had been forgotten.

"No sugar," Jewels responded. "Oh, okay, well I need to call my wife," he said while turning to walk away. Jewels had a look of satisfaction on her face when she was suddenly startled by another long honk of a car.

She stood up from her car and straightened her black and gray fitted shirt that resembled a baseball jersey, adjusted her blue jean short skirt, and then shot a glaring look in the direction of where the car horn was coming from.

A maroon PT cruiser was sitting behind her car and an older woman sat behind the wheel, her face red, and she shook her finger as she yelled at Jewels.

She narrowed her eyes at the woman and smiled wickedly, she started to walk towards the car, brushing her hair over her shoulder and as she approached the vehicle the woman rolled her window down and glared at Jewels.

"Is there a problem granny?" Jewels said smiling and she leaned onto the car's driver door. The woman's face flashed with anger as she screamed at Jewels while flailing her hands wildly, "you, you are my problem. You parked in the handicapped spot!"

"I've been waiting for 10 minutes for your bratty ass to move! You don't have a handicap sign on your license plate, and I bet you're not even handicapped," the woman stuttered with anger.

Jewels narrowed her eyes and look closely at the elder woman. "Do you live around here?" she asked the woman with a smile on her face, the elder woman had a look of confusion then she started to shake with anger, "look here you crazy son of a..." the woman's voice trailed off once she had looked the girl and her eyes.

Jewels then leaned down, resting both of her arms onto the driver's window, then bringing her finger to her lips, in a hushing movement to the woman.

By then the woman was so far in a trance, she didn't notice anything that was going on around her, she just sat quietly in the driver seat her eyes with the deeply lost look in them staring blankly ahead.

Jewels then walked around the car and open the passenger side door and sat in the seat beside the driver.

"Find a parking spot and park the car," Jewels said as she took the woman's purse from the floorboard and started going through it until she found the woman's wallet, she then opened it up and looked through the wallet until she found the woman's driver's license.

"Okay, Ruth, are you a local, do you live alone?" she asked the woman while still looking at the wallet. "Yes," Ruthie answered without speaking, only thinking the response, her eyes still staring straight ahead at nothing.

"Any close family, relatives, and neighbors, anyone that you speak with regularly?" Jewels continued still looking at Ruthie's driver's license. "No," Ruthie answered telepathically again.

"This is taking too long," Jewels said rolling her eyes and then extending her arm touching Ruthie's hand. Almost immediately Jewels brought her hand up to her face as if she felt a sharp pain in her head, she then brought her hand to her nose as it started bleeding.

"Oh my god I hate that no matter how many times it happens I will never get used to that shit!" Jewels said with an annoyance in her voice. Something every person like her could do was read minds.

Some of them could do it with touch, and some only had to be within a few feet to do it. Jewels had other talents that went along with telepathy and mind control, in the course of her time she had accumulated many different skills.

She had gotten them all from others like her. But there was only one way to take a power away from someone, and if there was a power she wanted, she would go to any extent to get it.

Jewels exited the car and started walking back to her Cadillac. She stopped short and looked at the traffic that was busily passing beside the road that connected to the truck stop, and then she turned and faced the PT cruiser while smiling.

She talked the words out in her mind exactly what she wanted Ruth to do as if speaking directly to her but with her mind.

She then spun back around and got into a car. She looked in the rearview mirror and watched as Ruth's car pulled out of its parking spot and headed towards the exit.

There are quite a few 18 wheelers passing along with the normal busy traffic from the town, making the truck entrance type of busy intersection.

"Bye bye Ruth," Jewels said with a snicker out loud.

Ruthie's car never slowed down as it approached the exit. A speeding 18 wheeler never saw the tiny car approaching. As the sound of metal against metal arose from the parking lot, Jewels started her car and backed out of her spot.

She drove around to the other exit turning up the radio and singing along to a song, she smiled and she took one last look at the now major pileup of destruction she had caused.

She started on her way to, even more, destruction and pain than anyone could ever imagine.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1M 24.9K 56
Alyssa is a loner. Her mother is a drug addict and alcoholic. Dave, her mothers drug dealer boyfriend, has tried to sell her before but her mother wo...
1.5K 157 40
|| COMPLETED || No one likes losing anyone. No one likes it when you get hit hard, and reality comes crashing on your fanasty world. It could've been...
72.5K 2.3K 41
You know, I've never been the most normal girl. I only have one friend, I'm not interested in normal things, and I live in an orphanage. Yup, I'm an...