Lothlorien Elf in the Fellows...

By TaliaSpirit

*{Lord of the Rings Fan Fiction}* Amber Light lives in Lothlorien. Her best friend Haldir tells her she must... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Authors Note
Sequels Up!

Chapter 4

13.4K 382 130
By TaliaSpirit

Morning finally came. I couldn't rest at all since I was so scared. Deciding to get up I quickly change, brush my hair and put it into a braid. Then I went to the council, sitting with the Lothlorien elves. After ten minutes when everyone was here, Elrond began.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old" he starts, "You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom. Bring forth the ring Frodo."

The hobbit Frodo got up and put a beautiful gold band on the pedestal. I knew what it truly was. The One Ring...

"So it is true." a man says, "In a dream I saw the eastern sky grow dark. In the West a pale light lingered. 'Your doom is near at hand', a voice cried out to me. 'Isildur's Bane is found."

"Boromir!", Elrond says sternly to the man.

Boromir sat down at once.

"Frodo, will you tell us about how the Ring came to you and the many troubles you had to face already?", Gandalf asked.

Frodo told the council basically what Aragorn told me last night.

"Black Riders were hunting me", Frodo says, and I instantly listened again, "Strider got us out of Bree and took us into the Wild. We made it to Weathertop. The Black Riders found us again and I got stabbed by a Morgul Blade. Arwen rode me to Rivendell when we were near the borders. The Riders were chasing us again. We made it safely into Imladris and the Riders got washed away by the protection. Gandalf told me they would come back though."

So that was the delay Aragorn wouldn't tell me about last night. Ringwraiths. I look at him full of concern but he avoids my gaze.

"Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.", Gandalf speaks in the Black Tongue.
(One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)

I couldn't understand what he was saying, but it was something horrible I knew by the way it made me shiver inside.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris Gandalf!", Elrond says full of shock.

"I don't ask for your pardon Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may be heard in every corner of the West." Gandalf says, "The Ring is altogether evil!"

"It is a gift!" the man Boromir says, "Why not use the Ring? Give Gondor the weapon of the Enemy. Let us use it against him!"

"You can't wield it, none of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master.", replies Aragorn.

"And what would a ranger know of this matter?", asks Boromir rudely.

"This is no mere ranger." I say speaking at the council for the first time, "He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn."

"Aragorn?" Boromir repeats, "This is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." A Mirkwood elf adds, "You owe him your allegiance."

"Legolas, Amber" Aragorn says speaking to the both of us, "Havo dad."
(Sit down)

I sit down instantly wishing I didn't say anything at all.

"Amber Light can speak if she wishes to, Aragorn." Elrond says defending me, "She represents Galadriel, The Lady of Light in Lothlorien."

Everyone stares at me in wonder. I look to the ground hoping they would all continue with the council.

"I am sorry Amber.", Aragorn apologizes.

"It's not important.", I say, still staring at the ground.

"Gondor has no king, Gondor needs no king.", Boromir said as if nothing happened.

"Aragorn is right. We cannot use the Ring.", Gandalf says.

"You have only one choice." Elrond  says, "The Ring must be destroyed."

"Then what are we waiting for?!", A dwarf asks and strikes the Ring with an axe.

The dwarf falls to the ground with shards of the axe around him. The Ring was undamaged, not even a little dent.

"The Ring cannot be destroyed Gimli, son of Gloin." Elrond explains, "The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came... One of you must do this."

"One does not simply walk into Mordor." Boromir says, "More than orcs guard the Black Gates. There is evil there that never sleeps. The great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, ash and dust. Not with ten thousand men could you do this, it is folly!"

"Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond  just said? The Ring must be destroyed!", exclaims the elf Legolas.

"And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?", huffs Gimli.

"What if we fail?" Boromir asks, "What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?"

"I will be DEAD before I see the Ring in the hands of an elf!", growls Gimli.

All at once everyone starts arguing. Elrond buries his head in his hands in annoyance and Frodo stares at the Ring strangely. I remain in my seat, watching the chaos play out.

"Do you not understand that while we bicker among ourselves, Sauron's power grows?!", Gandalf yells, but no one seems to have heard him.

"I will take it!" Frodo cries, "I will take the Ring to Mordor."

Everyone keeps on fighting, not hearing the brave hobbit's announcement.

"I will-"

"BE SILENT!", I scream as loud as I can.

A hush falls over the council as all eyes fall on me.

"Frodo has something important to say.", I tell everyone.

I mouth now to Frodo so he knows it is ok to talk. He nods in appreciation.

"I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though... I do not know the way.", he hesitates.

"I will help you bear this burden Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear.", Gandalf says.

"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will." Aragorn says approaching Frodo, "You have my sword."

"And my bow.", Legolas says walking toward them.

"And my axe!", Gimli says joining the group.

"You carry the fate of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done.", Boromir says gravely.

Just then a hobbit jumps out from the bushes and says with his arms crossed, "Mr Frodo is not goin' anywhere with out me!"

"No indeed," Elrond says amused, "It is hardly possible to separate you even when Frodo is summoned to a secret council, and you are not Sam."

"Wait! We're coming too!", said two more hobbits, who run out of their hiding spots behind the pillars.

"You need people of intelligence in this sort of mission, quest... thing.", one of the hobbits chimes in.

"Well that rules you out Pip.", the other says.

It is a long journey you are going to agree to...

''I am coming too. You will need all the help you can get." I explain, "I have to come along."

"What can a she-elf do on this quest? You will be a burden to us all, Amber.", Boromir says harshly.

"Let her come." Gandalf defends, "She will prove herself. Amber is coming and that's final."

"Ten companions... So be it!" Elrond decides, "You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring."

"Great! Where are we going?", asks the hobbit Pippin.

"Oh Pippin...", I sigh, hiding a laugh.

Between Boromir, a dwarf and Pippin, this quest won't be boring. That fact I know, as much as I was meant to join the Fellowship.

--------------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul: One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them (This is the Black Speech/Tongue, not elvish)

Havo dad: Sit down

~Talia Spirit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 8.7K 46
A shadow lies on Thranduil and his forest, and only a power stronger than the darkness of old can save them. Grief and loss have turned him into a ki...
8.5K 305 27
The last of the Teleri is back, and she is back to love and fight. Join the story with Gaeariel, as she finds love in Haldir, and an enemy in an old...
60.5K 1.2K 59
You are Captain of the Guardsmen at Rivendell, And best friends with Arwen, Lord Elrond asks you to attend a meeting. Before the meeting, Arwen and A...
65.8K 2.3K 21
"The battle for Helm's Deep is over. The battle for Middle Earth is about to begin." -Gandalf The fight at Helm's Deep has been won. Rohan celebrat...