Collide

By RDJude

Kaitlin despised love. Ever since that day her boyfriend Cody cheated on her, she'd never thought about hangi... More

Back to School
A Best-Guy-Friend
It's Ditch Day, apparently
My New Neighbor
Ugh, I Got Myself Some Detention...
New Crew Member
Confessions To Go Around
The Invitation
Let's Go Party, Party, Party
The Closet NOT for Narnia
The Drunk Ex Returns
Trip to Jail
Our Last Day
Robert Is Leaving
Surprise Meet and Greet At The Bar
Confusion and Confused
I Have to Let Go
Forgive, but friends?
His Abandoned Diary
Sarah Over Kate
Time to Move On, I guess...
Distant Double Date
Sorry

The Hospital Miracle

128 6 2
By RDJude

Chapter 6 ~ The Hospital Miracle

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"She's in a coma, but it should wear off in a few hours.."

Voices. Muffled voices in my head. One of them was Robert's, I could tell by the deep noises coming out of his mouth. The other voice was a woman's. Was it my mom's? I never knew what her voice sounded like.. My Dad would tell me of the story of how she was diagnosed with cancer while she was pregnant with me and had a choice: To save herself or To save Me. Well, I think we all know what choice we chose..

Was it one of my maids? Their voices were usually soft and sincere. But don't let that fool you and mask their true selves. I had to bribe them with money to keep the secrets around the house from getting to my Dad. Dad.. Where is he? Still in Arizona, perhaps? Or would he come back to LA and meet me at the hospital?

"Kate.."

Robert's voice. What is he doing in my room?

I opened my eyes and found myself sitting in a chair next to Robert. This was definitely not my room. Based on the white walls, sharp tools, and the heart monitor, it was probably a hospital room. But why are we in the hospital.. Did someone get hurt?

Robert's back was facing towards me, but I could tell he didn't look so good. His black leather jacket was wet and stained with blood. His hair was clinging onto his head due to the pouring rain outside. His shoes were plagued with mud. His pants were ripped and exposing a scratch on his knee. His knuckles had purple bruises on them. Is this why we're at the hospital?

"Robert, what happened?" I asked.

No answer. Still giving me the cold shoulder, I see..

"Kaitlin, wake up please.." He sniffled and took a deep breath.

"Robert, what's wrong? I'm right here."

I placed my hand on his shoulder, but it went right through him. Like, my hand just went through his body. I pulled my hand back, rubbing my arm.

What the..? That was weird.

I looked at my arms, checking if they were broken or something, but they were awfully white. Probably as white as the walls in this hospital. The color was drained out of them as my limp, pale arms folded hands. I walked up to the little sink in the room to wash my hands. Then, I washed my face with a bit of water to wake myself up a bit more. When I removed my hands from my face and looked in the mirror, my face was pale too.

I shrieked and fell down, scooting away from the mirror. From a far distance, I glanced into the mirror again. It was like there was a white aura around me, encasing me to whiteness. I looked at the heart monitor near the hospital bed.. Every time there was a paused heartbeat, more color would fade away from my cheeks leaving me to become more white.

I turned around as a nurse came into the room and walked right through me to get to the hospital bed. I held my stomach. She just walked right through me.

Is this a dream? Am I dead? Was I a ghost?

I walked up to Robert who looked even worse than I thought. His eyes were streaming with silent tears. His scarred lip was quivering as he repeated my name. He had a black eye and red mark on his cheek.

He was holding the hands of a girl in the hospital bed. I didn't think this was possible, but she looked worse. Her skin was as pale as mine, her lips were red like the color of blood.. Not to mention that her clothes were also stained with dried up blood but her hair was wet and messy, spreading around everywhere. She looked so familiar.. Is that me? My body..

Robert squeezed onto her hand. "Wake up, Kate.."

Okay, so that is me.. My body. I'm watching my own body die.

I huffed and thought what what to do. I went to the bed that my body was laying down on then I layer myself down on top of my body and felt myself sinking back into reality, going back to my body, going back to the real world.

But I still couldn't wake up. I mean I was awake -- I saw everything around me, but my eyes were closed and just too tired.

Robert was crying now but I wanted to let him know that I was here. That everything would be okay. But how would he believe me if I couldn't believe myself?

I put all my strength into my hand and managed to make the smallest movement with my pinky.

Robert let out a slight gasp and I knew he saw the tiny movement. He smiled and squeezed my hand, motivating me to do it again. But that was it, I couldn't do it. Imagine pushing a truck from New York all the way to New Jersey. It felt like that. Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit but it was like being stuck in the middle of the jello and not knowing what to do or which way to get out.

Robert let another tear slip out of the corner of his eye as he and I noticed the heart monitor beside me slowing down and taking more pauses in between each heartbeat. Beep---Beep---Beep.

I flickered my eyes open enough so that you could a fleck of hazel in my brown eyes, but they fell back and closed again. I opened them again and let them stay open a little longer, but they closed back and made me feel more tired. After six games of opening and closing my eyes, I opened my eyes and they stayed.. Open.

Robert laughed and hugged me making me yelp out a cry of pain. He let go and dropped me apologizing.

"Sorry.." He sniffled.

He was so cute. Even when he cried. Oh shut up Kate. Okay conscious, yep I'm back.. The weirdness has come back.

Me, also being the prankster I am, had decided to play a little trick on him,"Who are you?"

His happy face dropped when I finished my sentence. I couldn't help but hold back a giggle at the new string of tears he was about to let go. Before he started crying I said,

"I'm just kidding Robert. I could never forget you."

This kid is probably Alicia's cousin and bipolar or something, cause throughout the rest of the time in the hospital, he had major mood swings, going to angry and happy and sad and guilt and sorrow and happy. It was crazy.. Just like Olivia described.

When the nurse finally came in, she escorted me out. I had three cracked ribs and nothing else that was too serious or that's life-threatening enough to stop me from going to school, but she gave me a doctor's note anyway if I wanted to stay home. Apparently, Robert knew more than I did and wouldn't tell me how I ended up with cracked ribs, but I wouldn't pester him about it since I was tired.

I fell asleep during the car ride home as Robert was singing along to "Every Breath You Take."

**********************

I woke up to the feeling of the wet, warm handkerchief on my forehead. Beads of warm water trickled down from the handkerchief and rolled down my forehead.

My eyes rolled open as I moaned slightly to the warmth. I slowly propped my elbows, helping me sit up and look around. This isn't my room.. I spotted Robert laying down next to me with his arms flexed behind his head.

Guessing that this is his room, it's pretty neat. Surprisingly enough, it's pretty tidy. Well, I mean for his kind. The male species. I've always expected them to be disgusting slobs. But I guess that it's just a category to be put in.

Robert's room had a black carpet floor and aqua blue walls. He'd hung up a lot of movie posters all around the place and had a glass cabinet full of movies. Above the cabinet was a flat screen TV.. He had a couple of drawers and Narnia-I mean, closets. There was also a beanbag chair and a shelf full of books. He even had a mini fridge in the room.

"Lie back down, Katy."

I turned back to Robert, who still laying there shirtless and gorgeous as ever. Geez, Kate.. Don't think like that. I smiled and he returned the favor. I removed the handkerchief from my forehead and placed it on the bedpost. I placed my head onto his chest and snuggled with him, intertwining our legs. And then I fell asleep, listening to Robert's heartbeat. Thump, thump, thump..

_________________________________________________________

Heyyy.

Yeah, it's kind of a short chapter, but good enough, right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

#TeamStark

Whoop whoop.. I'm gonna watch Iron Man 2 again. :P

Buh bye bug-a-boo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 2.5K 14
"If two past lovers can remain friends, it's either they were never really in love or, still are." *Sequel to: Don't Cry Your Heart Out: A Cody Simps...
346K 10.2K 24
Alex has everything going for her: she is liked by everyone in her school, her grades are amazing and she has just met Kate-the most incredible girl...
5.4M 103K 42
What happens when you fall in love.... illegally? Do you avoid it, or continue with it? Avery Winters is facing that hard question, and doesn't know...
9.3K 460 45
Arya Anderson was devastated when she caught her boyfriend of four years cheating on her. Her best friend decided to take her on a two week cruise...