Will He Ever Know?

By readdreamsleep21

Will He Ever Know? I'm in love with my best friend. Now, I know most of you are probably thinking, just tell... More

Author's Note/Synopsis
Last Day of Summer Before Senior Year
First Day of Senior Year Part I
First Day of Senior Year Part II
The Cliché A. P. Lit Play
The Halloween Party
The Ball Scene
Clueless Reference
Never have I ever....
Kissing Scene: Officially
Author's Note
New Year's Eve Party
New Year's Eve Part 2
Mysterious Visitor
Tutoring?
Tutoring Session Part 2
The Balcony Scene
The Date (Part 1)
The Date (Part 2)
Misunderstandings
Misunderstandings Explained
Spring Break (Part 1)
Author's Note/Ending of Story
Spring Break (Part 2)
Back to School
Library Scene
The Confrontation
The End

Valentine's Day

225 17 2
By readdreamsleep21

Alex's POV

When I told the guys I was planning on giving Cass her favorite chocolates and candy for Valentine's day this year, they instantly laughed and began teasing me.

Why am I friends with these guys you ask? I don't know, I've been asking myself that for the past 6 years I've known them.

Don't tell them I said this or I will immediately deny it, but they do have good ideas sometimes. Note sometimes! They're not the next Einsteins or anything, God knows that would go inflame their already huge egos. Damn, I'm rambling again aren't I? My mom keeps telling me that I always-

You know what? Let's just back to what I was talking about before. After the guys finished laughing at my idea, they told me I should do something more romantic. Such as surprising her with her favorite chocolates at the cafeteria, followed by a movie and dinner date after school.

Considering the fact that Liam, Jax, and Aaron haven't even planned anything for their own dinner dates with the girls, they sure are good at coming up with date ideas, I have to admit....

Valentine's Day

As I approached the cafeteria, the calm demeanor I had all day vanished when I saw Cassie sitting at the lunch table.

I was beginning to get slightly nervous that she might reject the proposal, but the guys assured me that I had nothing to worry about.

With a huge pack of Godiva chocolates, three packs of skittles and a red, blue, and lavender rose.

Now. I know what everyone's thinking? What's up with the different color roses? You might as well have brought a rainbow of flowers at that point.

When I told my mom I planned to buy flowers for Cassie, she told me to buy the flowers based on their meanings. However, I had no idea what that meant, so I asked the florist if she could tell me what each of the flowers signified.

Red Rose are an unmistakable expression of love.
Lavender Roses convey enchantment and expresses "love at first sight". These roses are used to express fascination and adoration.
Blue Roses cannot be achieved naturally so they represent the unattainable or the mysterious. They say "I can't have you but I can't stop thinking about you".

Not only is blue Cassie's favorite color, but it signifies that I can't stop thinking about her, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get her. Even if I have to compete with Jason to get her to like me back.

I remember when I showed the guys the flowers I brought....

Flashback

After I brought the flowers and left them in a vase in my house, I headed over to Liam's house to hangout with the guys.

As you can guess, when I told them the significance of each flower, all of them were laughing. Aaron fell off the couch he was sitting on, Jax was rolling on the floor, and Liam tried to be considerate by trying to hold it in, but still let out a few muffled chuckles.

"What's happened to you man? We told you just to buy flowers and candy, not analyze what each flower meant!", Aaron said as his chuckles began to die down.

"At least I have a plan to ask the girl I have feelings for out. What are all of your plans, by the way?", I retorted.

The guys remained silent at my question.

"You know the girls will kill each one of you if you don't come up with a plan for Valentine's day. Take it from someone who's been there, you don't mess around with girls on this holiday. They will not hesitate to kick your a** if you don't do something special for them", I explained to them.

"Yeah, mom. We know, we're working on it'", Jax replied.

All I did was roll my eyes and we continued to play Call of Duty for the rest of the night.

End of Flashback

I greeted everyone at the table and noticed Jason was smirking at me, as if he knew something I didn't.

I turned to Cassie and asked her if I could talk to her in the hallway. She agreed and we left the cafeteria.

Once we approached her locker to talk, I handed her the flowers along with her favorite chocolate and candy.

"Uh-I-um, I know the guys are planning dates with the girls today, and I didn't want you to feel left out if you didn't get anything," I nervously spoke.

But I saw Cassie's smile from receiving the gifts turn into a frown after my response.

"Wait! I didn't mean it like that. I meant-ugh", I grunted as I pulled my hair, trying to organize my thoughts.

"Obviously you could get a date, I mean look at you. You're gorgeous, funny and smart, practically the entire package. Did I just say that? I'm rambling again aren't I? What I was trying to say was-"

I noticed at this point that Cassie was covering her hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh and she had a smile on her face once more.

"I'm glad that to you think is funny Cassie, truly, I feel very confident now," I sarcastically told her.

"I wasn't laughing, though!", she retorted.

"Yeah, you seemed very convincing of not doing that"

"I was smiling, because it was cute to see you so nervous. You're practically the epitome of confidence, so it was new seeing you be nervous about something. Anyways, continue with what you were saying", Cassie said with a smile.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to dinner and the movies, if you're not busy of course?", I hesitantly asked her.

"Sounds great! We haven't hanged out in awhile", she responded.

"Great, so pick you up at-", I began when I noticed a teddy bear and a red rose in her locker.

"Who gave you that?", I asked her.

"Oh, Jason did. Just as friends, of course", she replied to my question.

"Really?," I tried to ask nonchantaly.

"Of course, Alex. You know there's nothing going on between Jason and I, right? We're just friends", she reassured me.

However this didn't seem to reassure me, and she noticed that as well.

But I didn't want to ruin our date, so I just shook it off and told her I would see her at Lit.

At A.P. Literature

When I arrived to Lit, the guys immediately swarmed me and began asking questions all at once.

"Hey, can you guys calm down, a little? I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I can't understand you all if you're talking at once", I said.

I told them what happened at Cassie's locker and they told me not to worry about Jason. I trusted what Cassie said, but I wasn't sure if Jason was on the same page.

I pushed my thoughts away for now, and was focused on thinking about how the date was going to go.

When Mrs. Hooper came in and cheerfully said, "good morning, class!".

When she received a few quiet good mornings, she said,

"Okay, everyone! Get up and get moving. I want everyone to be full of energy when they come to class, not like zombies. If I wanted to watch zombies, I would stayed home and watched the Walking Dead", Mrs. Hooper told the class.

"I want everyone to grab a partner and start dancing. It doesn't have to be a particular dance, just have fun!", she began to say.

"But, keep in mind I don't want to see any of you guys twerking or grinding on each other", she warned as she looked at the guys in the room.

I grabbed Cassie's hand and bent down on one knee, and asked, "Care to dance, m'lady?"

She curtsied back and said, "why, of course I would" with a smile.

I placed one of her hands on my shoulder and the other one in one of my hands. Then I placed one of my hands on her waist and the other in her hand.

I pulled her close and we glided across the room. I occasionally spun her around and she would start giggling, causing me to smile so much that my cheeks were hurting.

As the music began to slow to a stop, I kept a hand on her back for support and let her slowly fall backwards and as I gradually brought her back up, I leaned down.

Just as I was about to kiss her, everyone began to clap as they looked in awe at our performance.

Cassie began blushing and I grabbed her hand and smiled at her.

I was just hoping that the date tonight would go as well as I planned it....

A/N: I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote, until next time :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7M 143K 45
Falling in love never scared Maddie Davis until she fell for the one boy she swore to stay away from forever. Season 1 of My Brother's Best Friend ...
1.5K 179 19
Life for me has always been easy. Hang out with friends, do my homework, eat and sleep. That was a typical day in the life of Cassandra Matthews. Tha...
1.9K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
851K 19.3K 31
It's official. I'm a High School graduate and a soon to be College Student! Finally going to get out of my parents house and off on my own. Well.. T...