A Helping Hand (Dan and Phil...

By WhoWantsT0know

TRIGGER WARNING. THIS STORY CONTAINS MENTIONS OF RAPE, SELF INJURY, DEATH AND ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. Can Dan sav... More

A Helping Hand (Dan and Phil phanfic)
A missing friend
Late night thoughts
Flashing lights
Silence
News
Big Mistake
Apologies
Awakening
Confessions
Memories
Home Sweet Home
New Start
Pillow Fight
Panic
Relief
The Trends
Normal?
Hurt
Christmas
Christmas (cont.)
The Morning After
Confrontation
The aftermath
Lies
Deceit
Lost Hope
Failure
Endless Cycle
Help
Arguments
Escape.
Hospital
Forgiving
Problems
Flaws
the apartment
Home.
The promise
Radio (part 1)
Radio (part 2)
Radio (part 3)
Reaction
Bed Time
Updates
Perfect
breakfast
The Proposal
Proposal (part 2)
the break in
Solutions
The Hotel
The Hotel (Part 2)
Dinner Date
Issues
Time
The Wait
The Wait (part 2)
Isolation
Safety
Alone
Phone Call
Realisation
Anger
Rescue
Rescue (part 2)
Attack
The Call
Visits
Tribute (part 1)
Tribute (part 2)
New Start
Flowers
Identity.
Crazy Ideas
Future
Drinks
Drama
Anxiety
Voices
Funeral
Lonely
hiatus (if you dont want to hear about my shitty life just read the bold bits)
Trauma
Help
Isolation
The final chapter
international list of suicide hotlines
update!

The rope

59.2K 2.1K 3K
By WhoWantsT0know

Phil dived into the cupbord in the corner of his room in a desperate search for his rope.

He bought the rope a few years ago to tie bits together when he and Dan were moving house. Suddenly all the happy memories of him and Dan came back to him. He smiled for a moment before the memories of that evening pushed the happy ones out of his mind.

He held up the rope and tugged on one end. It was definitely strong enough.

He sat on his bed and tied a noose, he remembered exactly how to do it from teenage research. He had felt like this before, but this time the urge was stronger. He knew there was no other way.

He held up the noose and examined his handy work. He smiled to himself, content in the knowledge that it would all be over soon.

He walked over to the centre of the room and placed the rope under the light fitting before heading over to his desk to grab his chair.

Adrenaline pumping through his veins, he climbed up on the chair and attached the rope to the light fitting, pulling on it to make sure it would suport his weight.

This is it.

He carfully placed the noose around his neck. It fit perfectly.

He took a deep breath, tears rolling down his face. He knew he had to do this before he changed his mind. "On the count of three" he sighed to himself.

"1..."

Dan stood up from his seat, wondering what all the noise coming from his friends room was.

"2..."

He headed over to Phils door and knocked. "Phil? Are you ok?" he asked. There was no reply. "Phil?" he went to enter but found out the door was locked. His heart skipped a beat. "PHIL!" Dan called.

"3." Phil kicked the chair away, ignoring his friends desperate attemts to enter the room.

Dan heard the chair hit the wall. He knew what was happening.

"PHIL NO!" he yelled as he threw himself againt the door in an attemt to knock it down.

Again, he threw himself against the door, still having no luck.

Apon the third try, the door flew open revieling his best friend. Hanging.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 189 20
Dan is highly depressed and falls for Phil, his best friend who tries to help him out of his self destructive path. Trigger warning -mention of self...
183K 6.1K 20
[Trigger warning: Suicide, self-harm, eating disorders, and depression is mentioned many times in this story. Do not read if those things could trig...
1.4K 42 15
Dan and Phil's lives are a mess. They finally decide to come out to the phandom. Will their decisions take a toll on their relationship? Not much of...
217K 10.9K 31
Dan has set a date. He will wait 6 months and if his life isn't better by then he will end it. Just days after planning this he meets Phil. Things ge...