Operation: Stay Alive

By alyssa4everr

Nicole Evers' parents unexpectedly leave for a "business trip" leaving Nicole all alone, but her parents deci... More

Welcome
♦ Chapter 1 || Their 'Business' Trip ♦
♦ Chapter 2 || I'm So Sorry ♦
♦️ Chapter 3 || Who doesn't like Cake♦️
♦️ Chapter 4 || I Hate Mondays ♦️
♦️ Chapter 5 || Snow Day ♦️
♦️ Chapter 6 || Drunk Jake ♦️
♦️ Chapter 7 || Teddy is Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 9 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 10 || Now We're Even ♦️
♦️ Chapter 11 || Stay ♦️
♦️ Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 13 || Don't Swear ♦️
♦️ Chapter 14 || The Bucket ♦️
♦️ Chapter 15 || You wouldn't even hurt a fly ♦️
♦️ Chapter 16 || I couldn't even dress a barbie doll ♦️
♦️ Chapter 17 || You're such a child ♦️
♦️ Chapter 18 || Thank You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 19 || The Car Won't bite. But if you don't get in soon, I might ♦️
♦️ Chapter 20 || Don't tell me the price. I might not want to buy it then ♦️
♦️ Chapter 21 || Beginners Luck ♦️
♦️ Chapter 22 || Merry Christmas ♦️
♦️ Chapter 23 || Cornered ♦️
♦️ Chapter 24 || It's My Fault ♦️
♦️ Chapter 25 || Best Day Ever ♦️
♦️ Chapter 26 || Despacito ♦️
♦️ Chapter 27 || It Was You♦️
♦️ Chapter 28 || Movie Night ♦️
♦️ Chapter 29 || But It's Winter♦️
♦️Chapter 30 || Secrets ♦️
♦️ Chapter 31 || I Half Lied ♦️
♦️ Chapter 32 || Do You Have Any Queens ♦️
♦️ Chapter 33 || Go get 'em big boy ♦️
♦️ Chapter 34 || It's Never Too Cold For Ice Cream ♦️
♦️ Chapter 35 || That's My Girl ♦️
♦️ Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 37 || Listen ♦️
♦️ Chapter 38 || No Peeking ♦️
♦️ Chapter 39 || Wait Whatttttt? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 40 || Let's Do It♦️
♦️ Chapter 41 || Ready ♦️
♦️ Chapter 42 || Whipped ♦️
♦️ Chapter 43 || Promise ♦️
♦️ Chapter 44 || TLC ♦️
♦️ Chapter 45 || So This is What My Life Has Become? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 46 || Act Casual ♦️
♦️ Chapter 47 || Who? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 48 || Why? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 49 || What Are You Going to Do? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 50 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 51 || Home ♦️
♦️ Chapter 52 || Stronger ♦️
Thank You

♦️ Chapter 8 || It's a small party ♦️

24.4K 709 513
By alyssa4everr

Chapter 8 || It's a small party
🔹🔹🔹🔹

* * Nicole's POV * *

"Do I have to go Bridget? You know I hate parties!" I said as she threw me one of her dresses to put on, "and how many times do I have to tell you! I don't where dresses!"

"Oh C'mon Nicole! You would look so hot!" She pleaded.

"No" I said putting my foot down.

She groaned, "Fine not dresses but I am still picking your entire outfit!"

She ran into her closet and grabbed a pile of clothes, "Try these on! I have never worn them cause they are way to small for me but I think they are your size."

"Who's party is it anyway?" I asked while putting on the clothes.

"UGHH this is the last time I'm telling you!" She groaned, "One of the girls, Becca, on the basketball team is having a birthday party."

''So it's a small party?" I asked.

"I think so" she said and turned to me. Her mouth dropped, "My little baby is growing up! You look so good!"

I walked to the long mirror, I was wearing a pair of black jeans and a greyish blue long sleeved shirt and a black leather jacket.

"No to the jacket" I said immediately.

"NICOLE C'mon!" She yelled, "You look great!"

"No I look like a motorcycle chick!" I spat back at her while throwing the jacket and the greyish blue long sleeved shirt onto her bed. I went into Bridget's closet, pulled out a shirt I let Bridget a few weeks ago and put it on.

I walked out saying, "This is more me!"

Bridget shook her head, "No no no! C'mon put the other outfit back on!"

"No I feel comfortable in this." I said as I walked toward the mirror to look at the outfit I had picked.

Much Better.

Bridget threw on her dress and shouted, "Where going to be late! Hurry up!"

. . . . .

We pulled into the drive way of a huge house which was more like a mansion.

There were, what looked like, zillions of cars parked near this house.

Music was blaring from the house and colorful lights were flashing wilding.

"You said it was a small party?!" I spat and her.

She shook her head, "I was very careful about that, you ask and I said I think so as if there is a possibility of it being a huge party.... Which it is."

"How could you do this to me?" I said.

She shrugged, "it's time you live. You will thank me later."

Sure I will Bridget.

She hopped out of the car and I followed. I clung to her arm like a leech.

She pushed open the front door and a wave of shouts and screams were poured over us.

I think I lost my hearing...

I looked around, people were dancing and getting a little too close to each other.

I didn't see anyone drinking alcohol which is good, all I saw were people drinking out of these red cups.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding... everyone is sober... Thank goodness.

Bridget ran into the house and sprinted to a group of girls in the kitchen, I tried to keep up with her.

They all have her hugs and then their eyes laid upon me. One girl, who I suspect was Becca, eyed me up and down with a look of disgust and she said to Bridget "Who is that?"

Bridget turned and said "This is Nicole, she's my best friend and she's cool"

Becca rolled her eyes and turned to another crowd... I can see I was unwelcome.

Bridget and the group of girls moved to the dance floor.... Yes the house had a party room! It has huge speakers, light, a disco bulb and its own dance floor!

Bridget turned to me and I nodded as to say, go have fun I'll be over here.

She smiled and started dancing.

I sighed and began to wonder the house.

I later found my self in the kitchen, this house is like a maze. I grabbed a bus cup and pour ice water into it.

As I turned around my arm banged into someone and the cup fell on the floor.

"I am sooooooooo sorry" I said while getting on my hands and knees to pick up the cup.

When I had the cup I stood back up, to no surprise my eyes were looking right into Jake's eyes. Great...

Jake just laughed, "Of course you would be here!" He stumbled in his feet and didn't seem to be completely focused.

"Look Jake I'm sorry. Bridget begged me to come and I felt bad.... I don't want to be here just as much as you don't want me here." I said.

He sighed, "I never thought you would come to a party"

Ouch... but I mean it is true...

"As I said, I don't want to be here." I repeated.

He shrugged as he began to dry his clothes with a nearby towel.

I sighed, I'm such an outcast.

"Jake why'd ya leave us?" A guy said while heading toward Jake with a few others.

"I was getting a drink but my plans shifted the second she spilled water on me." He said while pointing at me.

The group of guys looked at me, "and who is this?"

Jake sighed, "This is the chick that's staying at my house while her parents ditched her."

I rolled my eyes, "They didn't ditch me... and I am Nicole."

I shook hands with the guy as he introduced himself, "Asher. Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

Asher? The Asher? OMG this is the guy that Bridget likes!

"Jake how many drinks have you had?" another guy shouted.

"Only a few Dan I swear!" Jake said while putting his hands up like he got caught.

Dan laughed as he grabbed a girl and went back to the dance floor.

"Dylan! Drop that cup!" Jake shouted at a guy who was about to chug a drink.

"Nahh itz all good but imma need a ride home." Dylan said ignoring Jake.

Was there alcohol here? Cause that guy looked drunk.

I quietly scooted away from the guys and made my way to a quiet hall way where a small bench was located.

An hour or so went by since I've arrived and I haven't spent one minute with Bridget.

"Are you trying to avoid the party as well" A voice said.

I looked over, a tall blonde guy was standing in front of me.

I nodded, "I'm not really a party person."

"They really aren't that bad. The more you go the better they get" he paused, "May I join you?"

"Of course, It's not my bench anyway. So who am I to say no?" I said.

Nicole your rambling again SHUT UP!

"Well if you wanted to be alone you could tell me to leave." He said.

I shrugged.

"Are you Nicole?" He paused Your friends with Bridget right?"

I looked at him with confusion, "Yes, how do you know?"

He smiled, "I'm Becca's sister who is friends with Bridget. I was sent to find you to tell you that Bridget was wondering where you are."

"But how did you I was Nicole? For all you know I could have been..... Henrietta" I said.

He laughed, "Henrietta?"

"It was the first name that came to my head"

"Well, The reason I knew you were Nicole was because Bridget told me you were a Brunette with brown eyes and you hate parties so you would be somewhere alone." He said.

"Why didn't she come find me?" I asked.

He sighed, "She did"

"Ooh"

There was silence between us until there was a crash coming from the kitchen.

He stood up, "Well that's my cue. It was nice meeting you Nicole." He began to head away.

"Wait I never caught your name." I said to him.

"Liam" he said with a smile.

I put a slight smile on my face, "Well Liam, could you actually tell Bridget that I'm going to head home now?"

He nodded, "Will do" and walked away.

I stood up, walked to the nearest exit and began to walk home.

That party was a disaster waiting to happen, but Liam seemed very nice.

The moon was high in the sky which slightly lit my way home.

I could still hear the music blaring... I still hate parties.

I continued to walk home while staring at the snow on the ground and humming random notes.

Cars kept driving past me and the temperature felt like it dropped 10 degrees.

I wrapped my arms around me and continued walking, I should be arriving home... I mean the Vance's home soon.

I heard a screeching noise coming from a stopping car that was behind me, it was pretty far away from me so I continued walking but I just picked up the pace.

Soon the car continued on the road, and I breathed.

Jake was right about me. I am nothing. I know he didn't say it but he most definitely implied it... and it was the truth. I couldn't even fight for my most precious in life, Teddy. I am a weak mess. Not even all my boxing classes can help me. I've been training for a while now, and I still don't feel ready for a real fight in the ring. I'm scared.

Now that Jake has Teddy I feel as if he holds my life. I know I'm super attached to Teddy, I've never spent a night away from him. I mean like everyone has something super special to them whether it's a teddy bear, a special blanket, a necklace or maybe even a phone. We all have something close to us.

I'm not the odd one out.... Am I? 

I sighed, I am nothing and there was nothing I could do about it.

I looked up at the sky. I miss you dad. I miss you mom.

I took a breath, they will be home shortly.

I looked straight ahead and saw Maple Street in my view. At last I made it to their street.

I leaped into the air but a hand caught my shoulder and pushed me into the nearest tree. His hand dug deep into my shoulder.

"What's a pretty little thing doing out here so late?"

* * * *

Also ITS MY 17th Birthday today!!! WOOHOO

I Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Things are about to heat up.

If you have any questions you can comment or message me.

ILY

Don't be a silent reader 🌸

*Vote and Comment*

Alyssa Rose
XOXO ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...
15.6K 355 37
Zoe Bryant is a regular girl heading into her senior year of high school. She wants to spend her senior year hanging out with her friends and having...
332K 11.8K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...
3.6K 148 23
Zoey Holland, average teen? Kinda, she's an out going girl, a trouble maker. But she also gets her work done and gets 90's, she's super smart, but al...