(#1) Roommates by Day, Enemie...

By magnetichearts02

WARNING: CONTAINING AMOUNTS OF SASS PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN TO MANKIND In the city of NYC--- Ok. Hold up. First of... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
I Do a Tag w/ Siena & Dylan!
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Bonus Short
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
epilogue
SEQUEL AND FAQ!!!!
Q&A With Siena and Dylan
WATQ Awards

Chapter 5

7.9K 390 427
By magnetichearts02

If you're good at something, never do it for free!~The Joker

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to one my most loyal and amazing followers, AbstractVisions. They're always the first to read, comment, and vote on my new stories or chapters, and they've been so supportive and amazing I can't even begin to tell you all. Thank you so much!

Siena

CRASH! A large sound awoke from my deep slumber, and as I got up I muttered various curse words at Dylan and cursed him to a lifetime of no Netflix.

I poked my head into the room and see one of our plates on the floor in pieces. I glared at Dylan irritably, who was standing there with a sheepish look on his face.

"DYLAN!" I screamed.

"Sorry, S. I was just distracted." He said, rubbing the back of his neck, which is what he does whenever he's nervous.

I sighed. "You got me up, so I may as well get ready for school today. Don't forget we have dinner with our sisters today? Ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah, yeah, I won't forget." He said, waving his hand around in a dismissive gesture.

I looked at him suspiciously before walking to the bathroom to get in the shower.

As soon as I'm done, I got dressed in t-shirt and shorts and walked out to the kitchen, grabbing an apple for a quick breakfast.

"Dylan, I'm leaving!" I shouted. "I'll catch the subway, and you can take the car!"

I walked out before Dylan could shout an answer, slamming the door behind me and taking a bite out of my apple as I walked a few blocks down to the subway station.

I quickly paid, got on the train, and held onto one of the poles as the train sped towards my destination. Looking around, I saw that the train was packed as usual, and I grabbed onto the pole tightly, so the constant jostling of people wouldn't throw me off balance.

All of a sudden, the train jerked to a quick halt, nearly wrenching everybody off their seats and onto the floor.

Round me, I heard people muttering, "What's going on?", "This city, I swear," and my personal favorite, "Oh man, look what happened to my hot dog!"

Sorry. That was kinda random. Anyways, I picked myself up off the floor, but before I can even manage to get fully back up, the train starts moving again, but this time, faster.

Much faster.

It tossed me back down to the ground, where I stayed for the time being, for it is too dangerous to get up right now. The train seemed to be going at speeds that are far too taxing on its wheels, and it doesn't seem to show any indication of slowing down.

People have begun screaming, their voices soon petering out due to too much strain on their vocal chords. I tried to fish my phone out of my pocket, but it became too hard. All of a sudden, a curve came up, and the train is going to far too fast to miss it.

Luckily, we were in the back of the train, so we should be a bit safer.

But all that goes through my head as the concrete wall rushes towards me at 100 miles per hour is: I'm going to be so late for my test today.

SMASH!

THE END!

Haha not really!

...........................................................................................................................

I blinked and tried to open my eyes. Based on the lack of sirens and foreign people surrounding me, I assumed that it must not be too late after the crash, and I'm right.

I winced painfully as I tried to stand up. Obviously, I haven't broken any bones, but my body is covered in bruises and bloody. I touched my tongue to my lip, and flinched as I tasted the coppery taste of my blood.

I touched a cautious hand to my face, and began to carefully examine my body. Nothing seems broken or twisted, but all along my arms, legs, shoulder, and feet I winced as I come across what seems like thousands of bruises. Well, at least now I don't have to lie to Dylan when he asks where all these bruises came from.

I tried to take a step and I stumbled, holding onto my stomach as pain shot through me like a bullet through the body. However, I gritted my teeth and took a few steps.

Around me, people are moaning in pain, and as far as I can tell, no one else seems to be severely hurt, only unconscious and/or minorly injured.

The other car is another story. I peeked out the window of the overturned train car, taking a look at the lead train car. It is up in flames, the burnt steel frame looking like a withered, skeletal hand clutching to life.

I winced and turned away from the window. I may be a supervillain, but I'm not completely sadistic.

All of a sudden, a saw started whirring through the side of the train car. Cutting through the steel like knife through butter, for some weird reason it remind me of Riptide. Really? That's what your mind goes to right now? I asked myself. Books?

The saw cut quickly through, and soon there was a large hole in the side of the car. Two firemen poked their heads in, and spotted me immediately, since I'm the only one fully conscious (eh, maybe) and standing up.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" They asked, quickly rushing in and holding me up.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit beat up."

They quickly led me outside the car and carried me down to the nearest subway station, about 1000 feet away. There, in the bright lights under the station, is an emergency setup for disasters, with the Red Cross, various emergency supplies, and many people rushing around.

The firefighters who carried me to the station called out. "She's the first conscious survivor we found in the second car! None in the first!" I felt my stomach clench. Survivor? In all my years that I've been terrorizing the city (three), I've never killed anyone. Sure, kidnapping and major scares, but never murder.

I'm led over to a stretcher, where a nurse sets me down and begins wrapping my wounds.

Who would want to do such a thing?

I'm dazed, and I jumped slightly when I felt a needle poke into my arm, sliding under my skin as the nurse found a vein.

"It's ok." She said, offering me a comforting smile. "It's morphine, just for the pain. I'm going to have to disinfect all your wounds, and that's quite painful."

She pushed down on the needle, and I felt myself falling into a deep, dreamless sleep, as the morphine entered my system. The last thing I see is a fleeting glimpse of the nurse, gently picking up my arm and applying bandages around my wrist, as she gently unclasped the bracelet Dylan gave me for my 18th birthday.

...........................................................................................................................

I'm greeted by bright lights for the second time in a day as I opened my eyes, this time without too much pain. I looked around the room, and realized I'm in a hospital room, hooked up to and IV and laying on a hospital bed. In the chair next to me sat Dylan gently dozing off.

"Dylan?" I said hoarsely, raising my arm up.

His eyes sprung open at the sound of my incredibly soft voice. It seems like he was waiting for me to wake up.

"Siena!" He exclaimed, standing up and grabbing my hand, squeezing it tightly.

"Dylan, what happened?" I asked him, wondering exactly what had happened after the subway station.

He sighed, not meeting my eyes.

"Well, when you headed off for school on the train, apparently someone was messing with the controls on the train. They stopped you guys, and sped you up, until you crashed into the wall. Nobody in the first car survived. You were, I'm told, the first one to wake up in the second car, and they found you conscious, so they brought you to their emergency station, where they gave you some morphine to deal with the pain. And you slept until now."

"Dylan," I wondered, "What did you do until now?"

He looked me dead in the eyes and said, "I had the radio turned on as I left for school, about fifteen minutes after you. Soon, I heard the news that the train headed for station 116th St towards Columbia had derailed, I immediately turned towards there, because I knew you were on that train, and I was worried about you."

He placed a warm hand on my cheek and said, "They wouldn't let me in to see you, but they let me know where you were brought to, so I was able to come and see you here. Our sisters are in the cafeteria, eating food, and your parents are on their way. Jake and Calli are in the lobby."

He took his hand of my cheek and stroked the back of my hand with his thumb. He shook his head. "Gods, Siena, I was so worried about you. You're my best friend. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you. Please don't scare me like that ever again."

I looked into his stunning blue eyes and see the concern there. "Ok." I said, too weak to do much more.

"Oh my gods you're awake," said a squeal from the doorway. I looked over and see Calli, her wild hair piled up on top of her hand in a messy bun. She screamed and came to my side, hugging me as tight as she can."

"Um...Calli, want...to...live." I choked out, trying to breathe, which is nearly impossible, due to the near death-like grip she's clutching me with.

"Oh, sorry." She said, releasing me from her over affectionate death grip

"Don't strangle the poor girl, Calli." Jake said. "I mean, it'd be kinda a bummer if she died not from the derailed train, but from your death-grip."

"Oh my goodness. Siena, sweetheart, are you alright?" A dark-haired, mocha-skinned woman entered the room, her hair pulled back in a pony tail, swinging from side to side. The woman in question here is my mother. She's soon followed by my father, my sister, and Layla.

A nurse quickly stepped in and said, "Excuse me, but there's too many people in here. At least four of you need to leave.

Dylan nodded and said, "Come on guys." He dragged out Jake and Calli, with Layla following them.

I'm left with just my family, and my mom bent down to give me a hug.

Her brow is creased with worry. "Siena, are you ok? Are you too badly hurt? Do you need anything? Is anything bothering you?" My dad placed a hand on her back and said, "Rose, it's ok. Calm down. I'm sure she's going to be fine."

He offered me a comforting smile. "You good, right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Dad." I replied.

I don't tell them about my suspicions that another super caused the attack on the trains. My whole family and I are supers, but my parents decided not to use their powers and live a normal life. So did my sister. I was the only one who was excited about having them. They don't know about my secret life as Black Hawk.

A dark-skinned doctor with wire-rimmed glasses stepped into the room. She pulled out my hospital chart as she looked up at me and said, "Hello, Siena. I'm Dr. Holloway. I'll be tending to you right now. How are you doing today?" She asked, with a kind smile.

"I'm fine," I answered.

"I'm glad to hear that," she said.

Her eyes scanned my chart. "As far as I can tell, we can have you discharged immediately. There seem to be no problems that would require hospitalization, so I you're ready to go." She looked up and smiles as she flips my chart closed.

"Oh, but one thing. We would like to keep an eye on you for the next week, so do you have someone who can take care of you for a week and keep an eye on you?"

Dylan, who had been standing by the door, walked in and said, "I can do it. I'm her roommate."

The doctor nodded in agreement. "Perfect. I'm going to need you to monitor her completely. Just to be on the safe side," She told me. "No sleeping tonight, and no school for either of you tomorrow, so you can both rest." She said to me and Dylan.

We nodded in agreement, and my parents went out to handle all of the paperwork in getting me discharged.

Layla and Alessia both walked in and I offered them a smile. "I'm sorry I can't make it to your dinner tonight. I really wanted to go."

They waved their hands around in a dismissive motion. "Don't worry about it. You guys can come over next week, on Sunday."

Dylan nodded. "That sounds good, right S?" He said, looking down at me.

"Yeah , sounds fine."

We stayed and chatted for a few hours as the doctors and nurses got ready to discharge me. Finally, when I was done, I changed into the clothes that my mother brought me and hung onto Dylan's arms as I walked out of the hospital. I'm a bit dizzy, but it's not that big of a deal.

NBR CUT-OFF POINT

"We'll catch up with you guys tomorrow," Dylan said to Alessia, Layla, Jake, and Calli. My parents gave me one last hug before getting in their car and driving off. Dylan led me to his car and opened the door for me. I buckled myself in and suddenly, I'm overcome with a feeling of panic.

I patted myself down frantically. "Where's my phone?"

Dylan laughed. "Relax, S." He fished it out of his pocket. "I've got it right here." All of a sudden, it starts ringing in my hand.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Siena, it's Nick."

I laughed. "Yeah, Nick, I know. I saw the caller ID."

"Oh, well, whatever. I just heard about you getting caught in that attack on the subway train, and I just wanted to make sure you were ok."

"How did you figure that out?" I asked, confused.

"Well, the victims from the school who were involved in the attack are a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows. Plus, Calli." He laughed.

I sighed. "Of course."

"Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you were ok. We still on for Saturday?"

"Yes."

"Cool, I'll see you then."

"Ok." I said, then hung up. I'm not a whole fan of the whole, "You hang up, no you hang up" thing that couples do. It's just gross. Just hang up and go.

"So who was that?" Dylan said, glancing over at me.

"Just a friend from school."

"Oh." He said. "Anyone I would know?" He asked me. I think.

"No, I don't think so. You know Nick Artura?"

"Oh, yeah. He's a nice guy. That was him?" He said, nodding towards my phone.

"Yeah."

"Cool." He said, pulling in front of our apartment building.

He took my stuff in while I unlocked the door. "Hey Dylan, you want to watch some of The Flash on Netflix tonight." I asked, walking in.

"Sure," he said. "Dinner's takeout, right? I didn't prepare anything since I thought we were going to be eating over at Layla and Alessia's." He said.

"And you know I can barely make a sandwich without messing something up." I said.

"Yah." He laughed. He flopped down on the couch next to me as I picked up the remote and turn on the TV.

The news flickered on, and I pointed, "Hey look, they're talking about the train crash today."

All of a sudden, the news anchor stopped, and the screen shorted out, like someone is hijacking into the TV station. The screen flickered out briefly, then comes back on.

This time, there are two figures standing in front of it. Two people, dressed exactly like. I can't tell if they are male or female. The screen is too dark.

The one the right spoke. "We are the Gemini. We are responsible for the attack on the train station today. This is to send a message to all you New Yorkers. There is a new villain in town, so Black Hawk, make some room. And Warrior, we're waiting for you."

My face paled at these words. If these people were willing to kill innocent people just to announce their arrival to the city, what would they do to someone who fights against them? Or who challenges their position as supervillains?

"Don't worry, New York. We only want to have some fun. Of course, we're waiting for some friends to join us."

The one on the left said, "So, Black Hawk and Warrior, whenever you feel like showing up to the party, we'll be waiting."

■ □ ■ □ ■ □

Hello, my blue cookies! My laptop is FINALLY fixed, so chapters will now be longer and updated on time, since I don't have to surrender it to my parents. Did you like this chapter? There's a little bit more action with this one, right? I actually didn't even plan the train wreck when I was writing this chapter out. Originally, both Siena and Dylan were supposed to be lured by Gemini and meet them that way, but I thought the train wreck would be more interesting and add a little more action to the chapter, and be a good way to introduce the villains. I promise, a fight scene will be coming up soon. Any thoughts on who Gemini could be? Comment and tell me!

As always, comment, vote, and tell me if they're any grammar or spelling mistakes in the chapter. I will also begin dedicating chapters ONLY in this book and Death of a Bachelor to various great people.

Thanks guys!

~Vi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Static By Hattie

Teen Fiction

7.5K 317 17
{COMPLETED} "now that you've had your fun electrocuting me, would you care to hop in the backseat?" ...
1.3K 73 24
I start walking backwards until my back touches the wall. He puts his hands on the wall, caging me between his arms. I close my eyes tightly as he le...
2.2K 84 13
When a weak superhero meets a morally grey supervillain, who shall triumph? The answer may be something none of them had ever expected. Lol this is...
124K 8.3K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...