Creatures of God

Von JohnAAJoseph

(COMPLETED/Re-EDITING) For Elliot, life after graduation meant a doomed existence -- surviving a post-apocaly... Mehr

Prologue - An Apparent Viewing
Where The Wild Things Are
Frankenstein Experiments
Someone Who Used to be Dead
A Fellow Space Marine
Over The Rainbow
Flashback - Part I
Flashback - Part II
Dangerous Times
An Unlocked State
Life's Such Dangers
The Outrider
Inhaled Her Presence
A Dividing Line Drawn
A Proper Introduction
The Romans Tried to be Nice
Tough First Course
An Unexpected Cross
What Must Be Done
Proving Goodness Over Evil
Race Against Time
A Purpose Worthy of Survival
Rivaled By Its Actual Danger
Unintended Visitors
Monstrosity of a Grey Wolf
That Yellow-Bellied Jackal
All of This Extra Scrutiny
Bureaucratic Charades
Angle of the Discussion
Concern for a Human Plague
Silently Screaming
These Canine Hands
A Gross Tearing
The Secret Sequence
The Last Produced Video
Another Way
One More Thing
Intrinsic Value
Heightened Fervor
Mixed Reverberations
Riddles and Hidden Meanings
The Yin and Yang
Invisible Unknowns
The Master Seeks A Human Monster
Coarse Black Stitching
A Frantic Scattered Disposition
A Heedful Negotiation
Kiss the Ground Beneath My Feet
Not Even Human
"Join Me!"
Our Own Call
Destiny At My Side
Into The Hands of the Canines
Piercing Light and Laser Fire
The Dead-of-Night
Dropping Point
The Proceedings From Afar
Words of Devotion
Epilogue - The Way of the Mountain
A History of Covers for "Creatures of God"
Author's Notes
Copyright

Tagged by the Hand of God

138 11 5
Von JohnAAJoseph

April 11, 2016

Hello! This is strictly an informative chapter, an "About the Author" chapter, as I was "tagged" by @BellaRee to participate in a "13 Facts About Me" endeavor. (I apologize to those readers who were expecting a new chapter to "Creatures of God.")

Rules:

It is necessary to post all of the rules.

You have to say 13 things about yourself.

You cannot refuse.

You shall complete this challenge within one week, or risk punishment as seen fit by the tagger.

The post must be made in any book as a chapter, meaning it cannot be placed in the comments section. (I have seen it placed on a person's profile page though. Also, some people have specific tag books.)

You must make a creative name for the chapter.

You shall tag 15 other people to do this.

13 Things About Me:

1)  JohnAAJoseph is my pen name. It is not my real name, although "John" happens to be my middle name.

2)  I am a Midwestern guy. Born and raised in Missouri. Now I live and work in Kansas.

3)  I am married to my college sweetheart, with children.

4)  My all-time favorite movie is "Star Wars," although "Alien" would be a close second.

5)  Favorite TV show: Mad Men. (I enjoy "Game of Thrones," but my wife does not.) 

6)  I am a general sports fan, but especially love baseball. I love the Kansas City Royals and the St. Louis Cardinals. I also love Sporting KC (soccer), the Kansas Chiefs (football) and the St. Louis Blues (hockey).

7)  My favorite musical band is U2, although the last concert I went to (and loved) was Pink Martini.

8)  Growing up, I quickly became a fan of the horror genre. My all-time favorite horror movie is "The Exorcist." (I also once stayed up until 3:00 in the morning before an important college interview watching "The Omen.")

9)  Also while growing up, one of my favorite authors was Stephen King. My favorite story was "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption," from King's book of short stories "Different Seasons."

10)  During childhood, I was a real comic book fan. My favorite character was The Flash.

11)  Although I have been very blessed to have traveled to many countries in my lifetime, the truth is, I am now very afraid to travel outside of the U.S.

12)  I am Catholic. (Please do not take that "for" or "against" me.)

13)  My education is in Biology, but if I could go back to school, I would study Economics (or writing?)

I tag: (my sincerest apologies for involving you guys)

jaeshanksjeshi99HishamMadanymeharrjdawgNessa_RozeroScarletletterhearttherapyasapWOLFOFFREEDOMDany1908marwathemuffinGood_Night_Lock, @Mahamlkram, blackandwhite_stars, @Nytolia_Prussia, august29rain

May 14, 2016

Hello Once Again! Okay, this time I was "tagged" by nateisfunny. I thought about re-posting my previous 13 facts, but that's no fun, is it? So here goes another new set of Facts About Me:

1)  The first movie I ever saw in a theatre growing up (that I remember) was "Born Free."

2)  A favorite book of mine read as an adult was "Ender's Game."

3)  My favorite color is purple, but blue is a close second.

4)  I have slight red-green color blindness.

5)  I have a Bachelors degree in Biology.

6)  I like many different types of foods, but seafood and ribeye steak is a real luxury to me.

7)  I have a real sweet tooth for chocolate. Almost any sweets!

8)  Growing up, I collected baseball cards, comic books, bottle caps.

9)  I attended a small parish elementary school and a small public middle school.

10)  Some other favorite TV show series of mine (besides "Mad Men") are "The Sopranos" and more recently "The Americans."

11)  Favorite books from high school:  "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury and "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding.

12)  One of the first graphic novels I ever read and loved "Watchmen" by Alan Moore.

13)  An influential high school class for me was The New Testament.

So that's it! Time to tag a whole new set of people (my sincerest apologies):

SylveonettaFollow_BotJosiah-MurphyNessa_Rozero (Ha-ha!), HappyEeveesnaugmastercowritingssstrawberrycomesmitra9paraprismskyfallLylark_WriterKinky_mastermindwreckedtangleJessiYork, and Willowsfantasy.  Enjoy!

July 3, 2016

Last month I was nominated by TACTSniper13 to participate in another tag event. It is getting to be very difficult to be anonymous with all of these things! Okay, here we go:

1) "Worst school year?" Are we talking grades here? If so, I guess the "C" in Honors Accounting and the "B" in Typing (the very class dates me!) weren't so good. But really, I would say my graduate school years were some of the deepest, darkest days of my life.

2) "Say what you're doing, then add "With Fazbear" at the end:"  Me? I'm just going through the motions, waiting for the end... with Fazbear.

3) "Was there a hard death in your family?"  There have been many. Several on my wife's side of the family. Without going into too many specifics, let's just say that anytime someone younger than you passes, it is very sad.

4) "Single?"  Married, with children!

5) "Favorite songs?"  I have lots. My favorite musical group is U2, so I'll name some lesser known songs of theirs that I like:  "Things to Make and Do," "Mercy," and "Xanax and Wine." I also like "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad."

6) "Do You like Melanie Martinez?" Yes! (Who is she?)

7) "Favorite movies?" Hmm... I've already mentioned quite a few in earlier tags, but I'll mention some others. "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "The Matrix," and "Inception."

8) "Most used phrase?"  Thank you so much.

9) "Trump for President?" I believe in love.

10) "Singer, Dancer or Actor?" I used to sing in the choir, I used to tap dance, and I used to be in the school plays growing up. But if you are going to peg me down, I'd say singer. 

Okay, that's it! Thanks for reading. Thanks for your interest.

I nominate: @dhaedae, @FandomObsessedChick, @Riseagain12, @JustKnowThatICare, @x_MazoKopat_x, and last but not least Nessa_Rozero (just because!)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.6K 495 26
"Beware that you become not the very monster you ought to slay." A shapeless, abstract entity of darkness in the guise of a human. A broken swordsma...
221K 8.2K 41
BOOK TWO OF 'HOPE TO DIE' Ayla is now Queen of Heaven Luciano King of Hell How could they possibly stay mates, what would the people say? It's coming...
2.4K 182 27
Just when Michael and Angelica think they can be together the supernatural world threatens to tear them apart and turn their perfect world upside dow...
135 32 24
Two immortals different from their own world discover one another in the forest. Their attention for each other thrive like a vine of becoming one...