Piano Man (Sequel to Isn't S...

By singtomesoftly

After Sarah and Harry's fairytale wedding becomes a nightmare, Sarah ends up raising her two children, Robby... More

Piano Man - Prologue
Piano Man - Chapter 1
Piano Man - Chapter 2
Piano Man - Chapter 3
Piano Man - Chapter 4
Piano Man - Chapter 5
Piano Man - Chapter 6
Piano Man - Chapter 7
Piano Man - Chapter 8
Piano Man - Chapter 9
Piano Man - Chapter 10
Piano Man - Chapter 11
Piano Man - Chapter 12
Piano Man - Chapter 13
Piano Man - Chapter 14
Piano Man -Chapter 15
Piano Man - Chapter 16
Piano Man - Chapter 17
Piano Man - Chapter 18
Piano Man - Chapter 19
Piano Man - Chapter 20
Piano Man - Chapter 22
Piano Man - Chapter 23
Piano Man - Chapter 24
Piano Man - Chapter 25
Piano Man - Chapter 26
Piano Man - Chapter 27
Piano Man - Chapter 28
Piano Man - Chapter 29
Epilogue

Piano Man - Chapter 21

2.7K 106 41
By singtomesoftly

I was up bright and early waiting for the arrival of Louis, I couldn’t sleep well anyways with my mind trying to think as fast a roadrunner. As soon as the light shone through the window revealing the beautiful country sunrIse sky, I got up and headed downstairs to make everyone breakfast. The aroma was crisp and the noise of snapping grease filled the air as I cooked up enough bacon and eggs for everyone. Cooking was a task I learned when my would go away on small events and Robby would forget to eat over the time she was gone. Sometimes Robby looked like a skeleton of worry, and anger, I never knew why though I could just tell that there was a chip on his shoulder that he took everywhere. It was to see him up early and finally happy for once instead of hiding himself in his room all day, I’d like to think a lot of it had to do with finding dad but I also knew the other part was because of Shaiyena.

Robby greeted me while grabbing a cup of coffee and then headed into the living room to watch morning cartoons, part of him with always be a little kid. The next to come down was  Noah surprisingly enough, he always woke up late but I guess today was different and I wasn’t the only one that was letting the nerves get to me. He surprised me by gently hugging me from behind and kissing my neck as I continued to make more eggs so there would be enough for everyone. I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and went to kiss him on the lips when my attention was taken by the sound of a throat clearing. I turned around to see my dad standing in the kitchen with his eyebrows slightly furrowed. I could feel my cheeks turn beet read but I tried to play it off as if nothing happened.

“Good Morning” greeted my dad.

“Morning, how did you sleep” I asked trying to start a conversation that wasn’t about him leaving me.

“Better than usual, I was a little excited to see Louis which is why I am up so early” he explained.

“I smell bacon!” I loud bellowing voice declared as big thumps came down the stairs and Niall entered the kitchen.

“It is “ I smiled holding up the egg flipper.

“Wow, thank you” Niall gushed walking behind me while looking at what I had cooked. “This smells and looks delicious” he stated and picked up a piece of bacon and took a bite, and having judging my cooking gave me a thumbs up. I smiled in response and scooped the rest of the finally finished cooking eggs onto the plate.

“breakfast is ready for whoever is’ I stated loud enough for Robby to here, who came out and served himself a plate and just as I finished saying it Perrie and Callie came down the stairs.

“I tried to get Zayn to get up, I even reminded him about Louis but he not a morning person so it’s best to let him sleep” she explained to everyone causing a few laughs. There was probably an old inside joke about that back when they were all young and touring. Eventually everyone made their way down with the smell of the eggs and bacon leading them here, and we even saw Zayn’s face before noon, who heated himself up a place. All of the kids knew that the adults needed their space so we hung out on our own and gave them more of the time they desperately needed to catch up as we all waited for Louis to arrive.

It was probably a quarter after three when we heard a car coming up the driveway, and just like little puppies we all ran to the window to see who it was. None of us knew what Louis’ car looked like but we were all hoping it was him and watched eagerly as it parked and then the occupants exited. I didn’t know what Louis looked like  now a days but from the old pictures and everyone’s reactions it was most definitely Louis. He got out and then open the back door, helping someone get unbuckled, and then soon came out of the passenger side was a gorgeous girl with waves of brown hair, and a tall brunette with straight brown hair and square framed glasses came from the one back door and a little boy with almost ginger hair exited the side with Louis. They made their way to the door and we all got seated on the couches, while Niall prepared to greet them.

I think we all forgot that Louis wasn’t as happy to see us as we were him. Niall swung open the front door and tried to pull Louis into a hug but Louis refused until his wife insisted that he not be rude. Part of me told me that she was the only reason why he agreed to come. Louis then made his way into the living room. He gave Robby and I a small smile and then introduced his family. “This is my wife Eleanor but you can call her El, this is my daughter Maddie she’s 16 and this is Harry and he is seven.” he explained. “Why don’t all the kids go play while we talk for a bit first” he suggested but it sounded like more of an order. I went to get up feeling a bit disappointed. “With the exception of Robby and Darcy of course” he added. I little bit of happiness entered me knowing that Louis wanted to talk with us too. After the kids all exited the room Louis’ cold eyes turned their attention to the corner of the room where Harry was sitting.

“By kids I meant anybody who can’t handle emotions are the truth” he growled. “I’m surprised you didn’t get up and run away last night when they all went to sleep” he added. The little bit of happiness I had then left as I realized the welcoming of my dad wasn’t as cheerful to everyone, and was most definitely not cheerful for Louis.

“L-louis” My dad tried to stick up for himself and then changed his mind. “I’m sorry” he then added acting defeated. “ I know leaving was wrong and I’ve regretted it since the the day I did”

“Then why didn’t you come back?” Louis asked sharply. “ Nobody was holding a knife to your throat and our management contract ended at the end of the year anyways” Louis pointed out. “At least that’s why I assume you would make such an idiotic choice” Harry nodded at Louis statement.

“They told me to choose Sarah or the band, how am I suppose to choose between the love of my life and my best mates and their dream” Harry asked. “I knew whoever I left would be hurt, so  decided to leave both so no one could say I was playing favourites” Harry explained.

“Bullshit. You know we would have supported you and Sarah.” Louis called Harry out.

“I’m not making excuses Louis” Harry raised his voice slightly. He deep voice was very intimidating when he raised  it.

“Guys” Niall ordered their attention. “Do you need to argue in front of Darcy and Robby who worked hard to find and get both of you here?” he questioned their behavior. Both of them looked at each other speechless.

“ I just want him to know he can’t waltz back in and then waltz back out, he can’t hurt Sarah and the kids like that again. It’d be a shame if she came all the way out here just to find out he disappeared again.” he stated.

“I’m sorry mate but I’m not leaving” Harry said.

“Wait did you just say Sarah was coming out here?” Shawna butted into the conversation.

“Yea, I called her” Louis shrugged.  “I thought she ought to know, it didn’t take her five seconds to say she was coming back here and that she needed to talk to everyone” he explained. All of our faces turned white because we all knew my over organized, driven and controlling mother and she was not going to be happy that we did all this behind her back.I also knew that if she was leaving her orchestra tour then whatever she was going to say to us was going to be big because work comes first with her, it always has. She just hasn’t seen how much the disappearance of Harry had changed her life. Grandpa said when he lost mom he was the exactly the same way and that Sarah had to convince him to go get help, the only difference was that grandma was never coming back and Harry did, so I wondered how everything would change.

“Why did you tell her? You know you have to ease things like this onto her” Shawna pointed out the obvious.

“I didn’t say i got to tell her, I said it didn’t take her five seconds to say she was coming out here to talk to everyone.” Louis re-explained.

“When is she coming?” I asked a little worried, maybe she pieced it together on her own.

“Her flight was landing shortly after mine, so she should be here any-” Louis went to explain when the front door was swung open and my mom appeared in the doorway. Leave it to her to let herself in. I expected her to start scowling at me but instead she was smiling.

“It’s so good to see all of you” she beamed. “Looking around the room smiling at everyone. I was worried about her reaction when she saw Harry but she didn’t see him. He was in the corner by the doorway and she was looking straight ahead of us all, with my dad completely out of her line of vision.

“We have something to tell you” I gulped. I thought I should tell her since it was me that went and hunted him down against her will.

“We’ll swap stories later honey, I have an announcement” she announced.

“But mo-” I tried to tell her about Harry but she continued to talk.

“As you all know I’ve been touring with my orchestra and Kenneth” she beamed and then out popped Kenneth from behind her.”And I’d like to let you all know that Kenneth and I have been dating for a year now and he proposed, and I said yes” she squealed.”I’m finally having my wedding” she sighed afterwards. We all looked at her in shock. She looked back at us confused. “Did I miss something?” she asked.

“I was trying to tell you…” I replied. “I found dad” I then added and pointed to him sitting in the corner of the room.

A/N: I don't normally do this but I love seeing your guys feed back and with school and work I am becoming busy so I am updating by priority of story, so can we try to get 30 comments before I update the next chapter as well as 60 votes?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

957 2 17
The third book to the "Christmas With One Direction" series. PLEASE read the books in order so you are not confused!! Now that Meghan and Harry are...
177K 6K 41
Laney always wondered where her life would take her after graduation, but what she didn't expect was to have her parents plan it for her. Her life ge...
189K 4.2K 28
Her dad died when she was a little girl. Her mother abandoned her because of it. Darcy was forced into adoption with her new friends Ross and Lacey...
134K 2.4K 34
When Amanda goes to high school will the bad boy harry styles fall for her and what will happen to their relationship? Does she love him? Does he lov...