Long Lost Brother

By kylieskatz22

Riker Lynch, age 16, finds out one day that he has another brother. And that brother just happens to be his t... More

Chapter 1 : Twins
Chapter 2 : The arrival
Chapter 3 : Meeting Jeff
Chapter 4 : First night
Chapter 5 : A not so good second night
Chapter 6 : Pink underwear
Chapter 7 : The leak
Chapter 8 : Boredom
Chapter 9 : Vacation?
Chapter 10 : The disagreement
Chapter 11 : The car ride to New York
Chapter 12 : Riker's unpleasant car ride
Chapter 13 : The first day
Chapter 14 : The beginning of Riker's down spiral
Chapter 15 : I'm sorry
Chapter 16 : The woods
Chapter 17 : Attacked
Chapter 18 : Not ok
Chapter 19 : Something's wrong with Riker
Chapter 20 : Tag
Chapter 21 : Fainting
Chapter 22 : Feelings
Chapter 23 : Going back home

Chapter 24 : Where's Riker?

351 13 5
By kylieskatz22

Chapter 24

Later...

Jeff POV

"Mom, I'm starving!" Ross said.

"We'll be getting to a place for lunch in about 15 minutes," mom said.

I looked over at Riker, who was sleeping. His head was pressed against the window, and he looked sort of uncomfortable.

"Riker?" I asked, quietly.

I nudged his arm a little, and he looked at me.

"Sorry... You looked uncomfortable. I didn't want you to hurt your back or anything."

Riker groaned, sitting up a little straighter.

"It hurts already..."

"Is there any possible way that you could sleep without hurting your back?"

"I doubt it..."

Riker stretched a little bit.

"We're stopping for lunch soon, by the way."

"Oh... Cool..."

Later...

Jeff POV

Riker kept shifting next to me. He was trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. His back was really hurting him.

I grabbed a pillow from the back, and put it on my lap.

"Try this."

I grabbed Riker's arm, and had him lay down with his head in my lap. It might not be the best, but it had to be better than having his face smooshed against the window.

In less than 5 minutes, I heard his snores start. They were sort of quiet though.

Later...

Riker POV

We'd had dinner at an actual restaurant. It gave me a little time to stretch my back. I just couldn't really sit for a while in the same position without my back killing me. And the car was doing more than killing it.

I'd taken a pretty long nap after lunch in Jeff's lap. It still made my back hurt, but not as much as the window technique I'd been using.

We were back in the car now, and it was getting late. I was getting tired.

I took the pillow, and put it in between Jeff and I on the seat. I laid down as best as I could, and so did Jeff. I fell asleep relatively quickly.

Later...

Jeff POV

I woke up, and Riker was snoring so loudly. I sat up, looking at the time. It was almost 3:00 in the morning. Dad was driving.

"Hey, dad?" I asked, quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Are we going to be stopping anytime soon?"

"We can stop in about 10 minutes if we need to. Why?"

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"Ok."

Once we got to the rest area, I had a very tricky task of climbing of the seat, and then climbing over Rydel, Rocky, and Ross, who were all asleep.

I followed dad into the gas station. He bought a coffee while I went to the bathroom. And then I climbed back over my siblings, and buckled my seatbelt again.

I laid down, but Riker was snoring so loud, and he was so close to my face!

After trying to fall asleep for a little while, and failing, I nudged Riker a little.

"Mmmm..."

"Riker, your snoring is keeping me up," I whispered.

"Sorry..." Riker whispered back.

I closed my eyes, and fell asleep before Riker could start his snoring again.

Morning...

Riker POV

"Riker, we're home. Get up," I heard Jeff say.

I kept my eyes shut, not wanting to move.

"Riker."

Jeff started to pull me up.

"Ow, ow, ow! Careful!" I said.

"Of what?"

"Everything hurts!"

Jeff rolled his eyes. Apparently even though we're twins, we have different back situations. He got the better back!

"Riker, come on. I'll help you."

Jeff climbed over the seat, and held out his hands to me. I took them, and slowly tried to make it over the top of the seat. My back felt all achy. Actually, everything felt achy.

"Ah! Ow! Slower, please!"

He got me out of the van, and I stood there, not moving. Everything felt sore from sleeping weirdly.

"Come on. Let's go upstairs and you can lay down in bed."

Jeff helped me up the stairs, and I laid down in bed.

Later...

Jeff POV

It was weird. Riker seemed back to normal after we talked things out the other day.

I had gone up to see if he wanted lunch or anything, and he had the same glazed over look on his face he had when he was... Well I don't exactly know what was going on...

He didn't want lunch, and he said he didn't feel well. He just didn't seem... right.

I tried bringing him some lunch, but he wouldn't eat it, and he seemed grumpy. I'm worried he'll hurt me or something... I'm not sure exactly what's going on...

Later...

Jeff POV

I went upstairs to our bedroom. Mom had wanted me to get Riker for dinner.

I walked in, and he was gone.

I looked in everyone else's room, the bathroom, downstairs, and our room again. But he was just gone.

"Mom?"

"What, Jeff?"

"I can't find him."

"What do you mean, you can't find him?"

"He's not here."

Later...

Jeff POV

We'd looked everywhere. Riker was gone. Mom and dad had called the police, and they said they'd look for him.

I'd tried calling him, but he wouldn't answer.

Rydel was in tears when I went downstairs. I sat next to her on the couch, and pulled her into a hug.

"Rydel, he'll be ok."

"What if he's not!? He's my big brother!"

I hugged her tighter.

"He'll be ok."

I was pretty sure Rydel didn't believe me 100 percent. I didn't even believe me 100 percent. After... everything... I was a little worried he was doing something stupid.

We ended up going to bed with Riker still missing. Actually, mom and dad didn't go to bed. And I don't think anyone else did either. We couldn't sleep.

I looked over at the empty bed across the room. Riker should be there...

I sighed, hoping he was ok, wherever he was.

Little did I know, he was actually in a lot of danger.

The end.

A/N: Yes, I know... Cliffhanger... You all hate me now... Yes, Riker is in serious danger. If you want to comment down below your guess of where he is or what he's doing, that'd be cool. You'll find out tomorrow in the sequel, which will be called Helping Riker. This is one of my most popular books, and I'm glad you guys liked it. It's one of my favorites too. Thanks for reading and voting! ~Kylie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 144 11
Riker accidentally kidnaps Brynn. He doesn't know what to do because it was kind of an accident.
35.3K 1K 59
Quinn Fabray learns to balance Yale and her relationship with Noah Puckerman, a famous musician and her high school boyfriend, all while parenting 4...
418K 10K 60
Natalie is 16 years old. She lives in a small town in Ohio and doesn't have too many friends. She's in love with r5. She knows everything about them...
5.3K 147 18
Jeff Sterling gets taken from his house and put in a foster home after his dad gets reported for child abuse. Jeff is extremely scared and believes h...