Long Lost Brother

By kylieskatz22

Riker Lynch, age 16, finds out one day that he has another brother. And that brother just happens to be his t... More

Chapter 1 : Twins
Chapter 2 : The arrival
Chapter 3 : Meeting Jeff
Chapter 4 : First night
Chapter 5 : A not so good second night
Chapter 6 : Pink underwear
Chapter 7 : The leak
Chapter 8 : Boredom
Chapter 9 : Vacation?
Chapter 10 : The disagreement
Chapter 11 : The car ride to New York
Chapter 12 : Riker's unpleasant car ride
Chapter 13 : The first day
Chapter 14 : The beginning of Riker's down spiral
Chapter 15 : I'm sorry
Chapter 16 : The woods
Chapter 17 : Attacked
Chapter 18 : Not ok
Chapter 19 : Something's wrong with Riker
Chapter 20 : Tag
Chapter 21 : Fainting
Chapter 23 : Going back home
Chapter 24 : Where's Riker?

Chapter 22 : Feelings

266 11 4
By kylieskatz22

Chapter 22

Later...

Jeff POV

I went downstairs to find Riker still awake, doing nothing in his bed.

"How are you not totally dying of boredom?" I asked.

"I don't know..."

"How are you feeling?"

"Not great..."

I sighed.

"Well we're about to go out to dinner. Mom says you have to come."

"Alright..."

Riker got out of bed, got changed, and then came upstairs with me. We got in the back of the van, and then we went to a restaurant.

The restaurant was kind of tiny, and they didn't have a table big enough to fit all of us.

"Ok, 2 people have to sit at a different table," mom said.

"Riker and I will," I said, immediately.

"Ok."

Riker followed me over to the other table. He sat across from me. We ordered our food and drinks, and then sat there in an awkward silence.

"Jeff?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for how I've been treating you. I've been kind of mean..."

"It's ok."

"It's not ok. I did horrible things to you."

"Riker, I've had to deal with much worse from my parents. It's fine. Seriously... I had a question though."

"What?"

"You know how you said... they weren't in jail anymore?"

"Yeah?"

"Were you lying?"

"No. They're not in jail anymore. They were initially arrested for child abuse. Not kidnapping. And now that you're not their son anymore, they were let go sooner."

"Oh..."

"I know. It's stupid."

I sighed.

"What?" Riker asked.

"I just hope I never have to see them again."

"Just don't go back to Ohio."

"I know... But I had friends there."

"Oh... But you have us now."

"I know... But... I just miss them."

Riker nodded slowly.

"I get it..."

"Are you feeling any better from this morning?"

"Kind of... Not really..."

"What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know..."

"Did you get any sleep?"

"No... Not for a few days..."

"Why can't you sleep?"

"Don't know..."

"What are you so upset about?"

Riker looked up at me.

"I feel like you're the better twin. Everybody always wants to be around you, and they don't care about me! And we're basically the same person! I just don't get what's so great about you that isn't about me."

I sighed.

"Riker, I get that you feel jealous and hurt and all that. But they just want to get to know me."

"Rydel tried explaining that earlier... But I still feel kind of hurt."

"I'm sorry you feel like that."

"And I don't know why I feel like this. I never usually get jealous like this. And I never behave badly like I have been. I just don't know what's going on..."

"It's ok. I'm glad you told me how you were feeling so now I can understand better."

"It's stupid."

"What's stupid?"

"Feelings..."

"Feelings are not stupid, Riker. And I feel like sometimes you seem to bottle yours up, and then you explode. Doesn't talking about how you feel help?"

"I guess I feel a little better... But it would help a lot more if I didn't feel so sick."

"I'm sorry you don't feel good. But Rydel said she wanted to try to bring the old Riker back. So maybe if you could try...?"

Riker nodded.

"I definitely liked how I was before I became this..."

"Everyone's here for you, Riker. Just ask for help when you need it, ok?"

"Yeah."

Later...

Riker POV

When we got back from the restaurant, I went down to the basement to change into pajamas. I just wanted to be in something more comfortable. And I decided to take a shower first.

After my shower, I sat on my bed, thinking. Today has been exhausting for me. Not just because I've had no sleep, but because I talked so much about how I felt.

I still didn't really feel so well. I decided to go ask mom if she had something I could take.

I walked upstairs, and found mom in the kitchen.

"Hey, Riker."

"Hi... Do you have something I could take for my head?"

"Sure."

She got me a pill and a glass of water. I took it.

"Thanks."

I put the glass in the sink when I was done.

"Riker, we're playing cards. Do you want to join?" Rocky asked.

My siblings were in the living room, sitting on the floor, playing cards.

"No thanks... My head hurts..."

"Riker, come here," Jeff said.

I walked over.

"At least sit on the couch and hang out with us. I don't want you to have to be all alone," Jeff said.

I sat on the couch, and pulled a blanket around myself. I laid down, staring at their card game.

Jeff POV

"Do you have any sixes?" Rydel asked Ross.

"Go fish!"

After a ton of rounds of Go Fish, I was ready for bed. I'd lost all my cards, and Rydel and Ross were the only ones playing now. Rocky had gone up to bed.

"Guys, I'm going to go to bed," I said, standing up.

"Ok. Good night, Jeff," Rydel said.

"Good night..."

I turned around and saw Riker staring at me sleepily on the couch.

"You coming?" I asked.

"I don't know... I don't want to move..."

"Alright, I have an idea... Hold on."

I picked Riker up, and put him over my shoulder. I carried him down the stairs, and put him on his bed.

"There. Better?" I asked.

"Sort of. But I have to go to the bathroom."

"You're on your own for that one."

Riker got up, and locked himself in the bathroom. I got in bed. And a minute later, Riker got in next to me. Our beds were still right next to each other.

"I'm so tired," Riker said, sighing.

I could barely see him in the dark.

"Well you haven't had much sleep."

"I hope I can get some tonight."

"I hope so too. Maybe you'll feel better."

"I hope so..."

I turned over in bed so I was on my back now.

"Night, Riker."

"Night, Jeff..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 227 12
Ross Shor Lynch. Actor. Singer. Musician. 2nd youngest of 5 siblings...or so people thought. What no one but his family and close friends knew thou...
5.4K 293 16
16 year old Riker Lynch is the school's nerd/dork. He's a total teacher's pet. He's picked on by almost everyone. Even his family picks on him someti...
418K 10K 60
Natalie is 16 years old. She lives in a small town in Ohio and doesn't have too many friends. She's in love with r5. She knows everything about them...
5.3K 147 18
Jeff Sterling gets taken from his house and put in a foster home after his dad gets reported for child abuse. Jeff is extremely scared and believes h...