My Only 'One'

By chocolatyangels

You see I am a normal teenager with great over thinking, reading books twenty four hours, having crushes on t... More

Chapter 1-Vampire
Chapter 2-Erik
Chapter 3-Chance
Chapter 4-Family
Chapter 5-Possessive
Chapter 6-Training
Chapter 7-Dance
Chapter 8-Friend
Chapter 9-Werewolf
Chapter 10-Kids
Chapter 11-Nightmare
Chapter- 12-Hybrid
Chapter 13-Mate
Chapter 14-Wolf
Chapter 15-Fairy
Chapter 16-Sad
Chapter 18-Chitchat
Chapter 19-Almost
Chapter 20-Ball
Chapter 21-Kidnap
Chapter 22-Trap
Chapter 23-Sentre
Chapter 24-Back Home
Chapter 25-Kiss
Chapter 26-Sleepyhead
Chapter 27-Gabbs
Chapter 28-Shopping
Chapter 29-Mall
Chapter 30-Silence before the Storm
Chapter 31-Love
Chapter 32-Pregnant
Chapter 33-Fake smiles
Chapter 34-Dream come true
Chapter 35-Blank
Chapter 36-Reasons
Chapter 37-Demon Princess
Chapter 38-Struggle
Chapter 39-Rescue
Chapter 40-Back Home
Chapter 41-Fairy Princess
Chapter 42-Family
Chapter 43-Anwers
Chapter 44-Distance
Chapter 45-Misunderstanding
Chapter 46-Together
Chapter 47-Breakdown
Chapter 48-Irritation
Chapter 49-Heat
Chapter 50-Wedding
Epilogue

Chapter-17-Hurt

8.1K 343 6
By chocolatyangels

I have three hours to get ready for the ball. I am taking a bath in the tub in this spacious bathroom. In fact I am trying to cool myself. As I am all alone now all those feelings are catching up too me now with full force. I don't want to feel sorry. I didn't even get to watch anime.

Those idiots made sure to keep us busy and refrained us from watching animes. My only source to forget all this grief and enjoy at least for some time. Stupid idiots. Who will feel jealous of cartoon characters. Apparently vampires and were-wolves.

Ugh! At least they should have allowed us to see other cartoons if they feel so unsure of themselves you know like Cinderella or something. I doubt whether they will allow us to see even that, they might have doubts that we will love the prince charming.

Speaking of Cinderella, Gabbs dress is a Cinderella type dress. It might have something to do with me. I love Cinderella story when I was a kid and by now I watched all versions of Cinderella, both animated and non-animated. So, I made her see all those movies along with me and she also became a fan in which I might or might not have a part. She is much more of a fan than me. When she saw that kind of dress, she squealed like there is no tomorrow and grabbed it. Though I like it I don't think I want to wear it. It is a good light blue but not to my taste. It will look good on Gabbs though and is definitely to her liking based on her squeals.

I think I stayed in the tub worrying and slept sometime considering I didn't sleep yesterday night. I really hope I didn't sleep too long that the ball already started. I can feel the water turning cold. It is time to leave the dear bath tub and get ready. I heard something like a door knob turning and I didn't really pay much attention considering I just woke up and the water is too cold for me to care about anything. I shivered as soon as I got up. All of this is because of  my stupid thoughts about my stupid mate. "Stupid mate, stupid vampire, stupid prince. I hate him." I turned towards the door to get out and get the towel but stood frozen in place with shock.

At the door there is Blake who is as much shocked as I am. He let out a  whimper when I said 'I hate him' and his face is pained. His eyes are flickering from red to gold and then back to violet. I think that means he is struggling both with his wolf and vampire. 

I just stood there not knowing what to do. I am naked completely. Can things be more embarrassing than this? I think in my hazy I forgot to lock the bathroom door and he came in thinking no one was there inside because I was just laying in the tub silently without making any kind of sound.

What am I supposed to do? In animes people actually shout but my problem, as I told you in the very start is I can't shout. So I did the only thing possible for this stupid me. I just stood like a fish taken out from the pond, eyes and mouth wide open.

We stood there like that for the longest time, I don't whether in reality or it seemed so because of the tension and awkwardness. I gradually broke my eye contact with him and wished for the ground to open up and swallow me, rescuing from this embarrassing position.  

But no matter how long I looked at the ground, which is white tiles of marble, in this case, it never opened and swallowed. So I cautiously and slowly reached my hand for towel beside the bathing tub. Blake's eyes followed my every movement. The tension is so thick in the air that it is suffocating.

I am trying to be very careful and slow with my movements cause Blake is in an unstable state trying to fight with his vampire and wolf. Also we are fighting and I don't think either sides of him are satisfied with my remark of loving an animated guy as foolish as it may sound it is true. So I have to be careful if I want to get out of this mess I created myself. If I do something sudden and break the balance I will be pinned to the wall in no more than and who knows what will happen next.

I successfully wrapped the towel around me and all the while I maintained eye contact with him. His wolf occasionally emitted low growls stating clearly that it does not approve of me covering myself. But to hell with Dominic! I am not a were-wolf and I don't have a wolf in me to lead me into his arms directly after finding each other. I mean as per the history class, when mates or beloved find each other they mate almost immediately. But I am not a supernatural being. He should be so very grateful that I am staying here without making complaints even though he kidnapped me.

I slowly stepped out from the tub and started walking towards the door of the bathroom. He still stood there silently. Now the most dreadful part is to cross him to reach the door. Every passing second is like an hour to me. I hate you time! Why do you go slowly when we need you to move fast and you go fast when we need you to move slow. 

I cautiously passed him but even before I could sigh in relief at my success I was tugged full force into his arms and was pulled flush against him. My heart is so fast and so erratically that I am scared it would stop any time soon if this continues. I can't hear anything except my heartbeat. Then he nuzzled his head into my neck and took deep breathes inhaling my scent.

"Please don't hate me." He said merely above a whisper. That single sentence conveyed so much emotion. It contained so much pain and hurt in it. I felt my own heart clench at his words.

"I really didn't mean to offend you. I just wanted to to know that you feel something for me. I don't know that girl, neither before that day nor now. If I can I would love to erase that movement but I can't, so the only thing I can do is ask for you to forgive me. From the moment I knew you existed the mere thought of that incident repulsed me very much. Just like you, no even more so I am thankful to my mom for stopping me that day. I know that you are giving me the silent treatment but please don't do so. I can't live with that. If you want you can slap me or kick me, but please just talk to me."

At that moment, hearing all these words from him caused a great havoc in me. Hearing those from my mate who generally is tight lipped and seals all of his emotions is a bit of a shocker to me. My brain chose this exact perfect movement to stop working. I know it is a big deal for him to say sorry and show his vulnerable side to me. He expects me to say something in return but not only my brain but my body is also frozen to at least wrap my arms around him and comfort him somehow.

But before I could do something a loud scream from Gabbs calling my name broke through the trance we were in. I am immediately broke free from his arms and ran outside the bathroom closely followed by Blake. Now my brain started working and it showed a thousand scenarios in which Gabbs is in danger and is shouting for me to help her.

I found Gabbs along with Sarah in our bedroom. I immediately ran to her and asked whether she is fine.

"Are you okay? What happened? Where is the danger? Are you hurt somewhere? Does it  pain? Did someone insult you? Or did Erik hurt you? If he did then.."

"Sophie! Calm down! Nothing happened. There is only one hour left for the ball to start and we have to get you ready considering you are never the one to get wear make up and such things. We are all ready you know." Just as she said she was ready in her light blue dress. She is so beautiful. She let her hair down and is so like a princess. I think Cinderella herself will envy her beauty.

                                                                               //Gabbs Dress//

" I was wondering what you were doing in the bathroom for two hours." So I slept for two hours in the bathroom. " When I called you didn't respond so I thought you were sleeping but I think I know now why you are late." 

She said winking and looking behind me. Blake stood behind me who shook his head with a half smile. I was confused for a second but later I understood. I came out of the bathroom with only a towel along with Blake. That will definitely make people think something. And there is also the fact that Blake looked at my birthday suit. So I blushed furiously. Typically Blake would smirk at this but this time he just gave a longing look to me at me and said to Gabbs

"I will leave you guys to prepare Sophie. I will go to Erik's room and we will meet at the time of the ball."

All the while his eyes never left me and the emotions in those deep violet eyes were too much for me. Knowing that he is hurting and that too because of me is too much to bear. He left silently without any word. Gabbs left after him to fetch something related to make up.

Sarah came in front of me and took my hands in her arms.

"What happened? I can sense from the atmosphere that you two obviously fought about something. I think of you as my own daughter. You can tell me anything. You needn't hesitate to tell me anything and I also won't take the side of my son."

"I know that." I smiled at her lightly. But I smile fully knowing that he is not feeling good there and not his usual self. "He just told me about kissing some random girl trying to sleep around when you stopped him from doing so."

"I know. I remember that day very well. Something didn't settle with me well and I felt something is going wrong. Call it a mother's instinct. Because of that uneasy feeling I moved around and  found him kissing that girl Anastasia. I am sorry that I couldn't find him and stop him before kissing that slut..ahem...excuse my language."

I am shocked beyond belief.

"Her name is Anastasia?"

"Yes."

"What were their exact position when you found them?"

She looked very uncomfortable answering that question.

"Blake pushed her against a wall and  is kissing her very roughly  and is about to wrap his arms around her. If I didn't show up then he would have taken her to some room for sure."

I am shocked very much. That is what I exactly saw in my dream.  How is that possible? What is the probability that a random name I dreamed in my dream about the girl Blake kissed is the exact name of the girl. Not just name but also the positions in which they were. What does this mean? Then what about the nightmare I had. Is it just a dream or what is to happen in the future? Is it some kind of warning?

Sarah took my silence as pain and sadness about the situation and started explaining further.

"Don't worry Sophie. I took care of the situation. I made sure that she never entered the castle again. In fact I made sure that no girl entered the castle for a long time and surveyed him for sometime until I gained confidence that he would never try such thing.

 I know the pain when your own mate sleeps with a number of girls and after you come one of them flaunts in your face that she slept with your mate and gave him a great time. It really pained me to know that Ben was with some other girl intimately when only I should be like that. I saved myself for him but he didn't.

 It really pained me and it didn't help that one of them taunted me and I felt so self-conscious before her. I thought she is more beautiful and she would be more good for that position. Though Ben told me that he wants only me, I couldn't believe him and thought he was with me just because he is my beloved. We are getting off the track now I think. 

Anyways Ben convinced me that he loves me only and it is not just because he is my mate. But all this took so much time and I was hurt for a long time and so was Ben. I decided then that I won't let this happen to my children and raise them well but it seems that I failed miserably. You are so angry at him now and you both will be in pain."

"No Sarah! You didn't fail at all. In fact I wanted to thank you for stopping him that time but I don't know how to approach the topic so I couldn't thank you. You are an amazing mother who raised her children greatly. I am so glad that you are Blake's mother. If any one else I would have suffered like you said. And I am not angry at Blake at all. You know I am incapable of being angry at someone for a long time. I am just so sad and hurt.

 It hurts me just to know that he kissed someone. I mean I do appreciate that he told me the truth but he went to great length by taunting me saying I was jealous. At first I thought of excusing him because somehow he didn't sleep with someone but after his taunting I couldn't hold much longer and lashed out at him. A part of the reason is I was scared that if I let him off  the hook so easily he will do it some day again that this is no problem and I will forgive him easily."

"I can understand you. But please reconcile quick." saying that she hugged me very affectionately like a mother.

I returned her hug with the same warmth. "Don't worry mom. We will." She immediately pulled me back with shock and may be joy on her face.

"What did you say?"

"I said that we will reconcile soon."

"Before that."

"Don't worry."

"After that."

Oops! I realized that in the flow I called her mom. "Mom?" I said in a low hesitating voice.

She squealed even more loudly than the first time she saw me and hugged but this time it is not a bone-crushing hug, just a warm loving hug. I really like her and I am so thankful to her. If not for her Blake would have had slept with many girls and that would have definitely broke my heart.

 Sure, I will forgive him, if he stays faithful to me afterwards because I can't hold the past against him and I came late to him and With all the things in his life he thought he has no mate. But we would have suffered so much. She is a really great person. She didn't want others to suffer like her and raised her son well and stopped my heart ache.

Along with the other things she mentioned that Ben loves her not just because she is her mate. What about Blake? Will we be together just because we are mates? Will he ever love me, not just because I am his mate? Ugh! What is this? My brain got a new question to ponder and be crazy over. Yay! Note the sarcasm if you missed it.

********************************************************************************************

In the photo shown notice only the dress, not the woman, she is not Gabbs. In fact I won't assign any star to any of my characters. I will leave it to your imagination. You can think of your favorite actors or yourself in that place. It is all up to you because if I say some 'x'as a character he might look good for me and some others but not every one. So I will leave it to your imaginative brain. If I ever display characters it would generally be cute kids like in the previous chapters. For other characters mostly I will display only their clothes or the surroundings.. 

Okay then! Bye lovelies! Till next update! Read, Vote and comment. Have a nice time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 221 24
[Complete] "It's nice to know the name of my mate, but it's disappointing to see you letting another man touch you, mate." I shivered in delight at...
64.8K 2.5K 53
A young girl that lives her home town for college but when she finally does, she encounters difficulties paying her apartment and school fees. she th...
8.3K 308 30
A girl who goes on a vampire hunt with her classmates for fun,but what they expected wasn't what they saw .it changed her whole life,her mate, he was...
58.5K 2.2K 15
I don't want to be broken. I'm already cracked. Best way to not get your heart broken is to act like you don't have one. My family was killed by wolv...