Cloaking Wild Hearts [2]

By glitter_xox

[Previously known as Bite Me Alpha. The original versions of the Alpha series can now be found on Inkitt] Bet... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Sequel
Original Versions available on Inkitt

Chapter 22

39.2K 1.6K 97
By glitter_xox

Jaxon's pov. 

They all retreated. Left. Disappeared. Ran. 

I stare at the rogues that run away as I shift back into my human body and turn to look at Ryan. I nod at him and he runs after the rogues with a few other warriors. Not one rogue was leaving this place alive. 

"Skylar?!" 

I turn around to see Cole looking around confused. Screams fill the silent world and his eyes widen as he runs further into the forest. 

Cherry? I try our mindlink. 

Silence. 

I turn around in my spot and Kyle stares at me but I ignore him when I can't see her.  

"Jaxon!" A man calls out to me and my eyes land on him. He gulps but points to the forest. I run to where Skylar is paralyzed on the ground crying silently as Cole holds her hand. 

"Where is she?" 

Nobody answers me. 

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I shout and Cole turns to look at me. 

"Calm the fuck down. I'll find her. She's my fucking daughter." He turns to look away, "Carter go get Rebecca. Tell her I'm bringing Skylar to her." 

"She's pregnant." 

Skylar's words float in my mind. She's pregnant. They're going to kill her. No. Fuck no. 

I shut out their voices. I shut out the world as I close my eyes and try to pick up her scent. 

Left. Right. Straight ahead. 

Water. 

River. 

Close by. 

I don't hesitate to shift as I ignore her family calling my name, and I run ahead following her scent. 

No one is taking her away from me. I would kill everyone. 

Bethany's pov. 

A bitch slap on the face surely does wake up someone. 

"Open your eyes." I hear her voice and I groan. 

"I'm really disappointed in myself that I did not see you as your true self." I mutter as I open my eyes and stare at Jasmine who looks at me confused. "A fucking evil bitch." I turn to look at Jake who stands on her right. "And you. Don't even get me started on your pathetic jealous ass." 

He glares at me and I roll my eyes as I tug on my stretched arms. Both of my hands are tied to a hook in the ceiling, and I can't move them. 

"What about me? What do you see me as?" That slow sensual voice whispers behind me. 

"A psychotic prick." I reply back and he chuckles as I feel him move away. 

"Leave us." I see his hand as he waves at his puppets. Jake and Jasmine leave and slam the door shut behind themselves as James walks around me and stands in front of me. His green eyes twinkle as he smiles at me. 

"These hurt," I sigh as I tug on my hands. 

I feel his hand caress my neck as he cups my face and turns my chin to look up at him. He leans down closer to me. "I will be setting you free soon. You are having a child and I did not know. Forgive me, my mate has not told me." 

"Mate?" I whisper staring up at him.

"Jasmine. The pretty one. She is beautiful, is she not?" He asks, his thumb tracing the outline of my lip, as he tilts my head a little back, his hands tighten gently on my neck. 

I nod and he smirks at me. "Look at you being submissive in my hands," he leans down closer to me. "I don't want to hurt you, Bethany. I want you to be the mother of my children. You are pregnant, love and I do not care." He pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear as he looks into my eyes. "I will let you live with your mate. Have your child and live happily ever after. Just know," he trails a finger up my neck softly, "I will be waiting. You will never know freedom until I give it to you. I do not want you to die as they all do. I will give you an empire to rule, to be my queen, the mother of my children. The ruler of the world." He whispers, his lips a couple of inches away from mine. 

I raise my leg and kick him where the sun doesn't shine. He chuckles as he moves away a second too fast for me. 

"I was waiting for your feisty side." 

"Touch me again and I will rip out your heart." I glare at him. 

James chuckles and takes a few steps back. 

"Live your life, Bethany, but know this, I will come for you. In a month, in a year, you will never know." 

I open my mouth to curse him but darkness swirls in my mind as he clicks his fingers and I fall unconscious. 

***

I open my eyes slowly as my body heats up. The sun glares down on my bare arms. I look around me to see I've been laying on the ground near a tree. I sit up and look at my dress. They had dressed me in a white short dress. 

I will come for you. 

Leaves rustle up into the trees and I look up as hundreds of birds fly away. 

I hear the sound of paws first and I look at my palms. I try to pull the power out of the never ending well inside of me but it's silent. Lexi is silent. 

Wolfsbane. Too much of it. 

I smile as I stand up on my toes. James may have touched me, and talked about wanting me but I had used that moment to dive into his brain. 

Jasmine may be his mate, but James had a family once upon a time. Years and years ago, a woman who had twins, and left him to rot in a broken down cottage. 

"Where are you? I promised to love them! They are my children! You haven't killed yourself! I will find you!"

Screams filled the cottage as he stood there alone with a note in his hand. The note was simple as he read it. 

I no longer want to be with you and I am taking our children away. They do not deserve this torture you give them. They are too powerful for you to destroy their minds. Let go, James. We have let go of you. You will never find us. 

"My children are powerful! I want them back!" 

James had lost his family that day and his children. He had lost everything. 

I twirl around just as I see him walking towards me. Jaxon. 

I smile as he breathes out my name. Cherry

"Oh." A sigh of relief as he strides towards me and wraps me in his arms. I grin as he kisses my mark, to reassure himself that I was really here. 

"I am okay. He didn't hurt me." I promise him as I tighten my hands around his neck just as I listen to the breathing of someone else. I open my eyes to see Daniel and Ashton standing there panting as they rest against the tree. 

"It's amazing to see you," Daniel gives me a thumbs up, "but your mate sure knows how to run." He pants as he rests his head against the tree and closes his eyes. "Or it's the box of pizza I ate." He mumbles to himself and I smile as I pull away from Jaxon. 

"You're pregnant." Jaxon states, as he rests his hand against my stomach. 

"Nothing has happened to the baby." I smile at him and he wraps his arms around me again. 

"Can I get a hug too?" I hear dad's voice behind Jaxon who let's me go. 

"Next time you and your mom try to keep something big from me, I'm not making any cake." Dad mumbles as he wraps his arms around me. 

 All of this. It seems too easy. 

You will never know freedom. I will come for you. 

James let me go. To live my life, to have my child. 

"I want to go home." I mumble as I pull away from dad. 

"Of course." He nods as I feel someone pick me up. The sparks fly and I smile and do protest as Jaxon lifts me up. 

"I see what you mean dad," Daniel chuckles as he watches us. "She's gone soft." 

I roll my eyes as I stay quiet in Jaxon's arms. 

Is everything okay? Jaxon asks me quietly. 

It feels too easy. I got into his mind. He lost his children, Jaxon, and I think he wants me because I'm the only one that can kill him. He would rather me become his queen and have his children, than kill him. I reply back as he walks in silence. 

I will kill him, Cherry. If he comes, I will kill him. He answers back. 

He said he wants me to have my child, to live my life knowing he let me go. I don't want to live like that. I tell him honestly. 

You never will. I promise to keep you safe, Cherry. I promise to keep you away from him and I promise nothing will happen to you or the baby. We will go back home,and we'll build our life. Together. If the prick comes, I'll destroy him. Our security will be stronger. I'll keep you safe. He smiles at me as I lay my head on his head. 

"Wait a minute." Ashton suddenly says behind us. 

Jaxon stops and puts me on the ground, holding my hand tightly as we turn to Ashton who looks at me confused. 

"You're pregnant?" He looks at me with raised eyebrows, "already? I'm too young to be an uncle." He groans and dad smacks him on the head as Ashton laughs. 

"But he's right, dad. I haven't even hooked up with a girl yet." Daniel mutters to himself. 

"Hook up? What have I taught you?" Dad smacks him on the head and Daniel groans as he moves closer to Ashton. 

"Ashton has a girlfriend!" 

"I do not!" 

"I told you guys to wait for your mate!" 

"You never waited for mum!" They both exclaim and run away with dad chasing them. 

I smile to myself. 

James can come but I am not alone. I never will be. 

Jaxon lifts my hand up and kisses it softly. "I promise to never let go." He smiles at me. 

"Let's go home." I smile at him. 

"I'll bring you donuts." He says and I grin. 

●●●●●

I like Ashton and Daniel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 2.4K 34
{Under editing} {Originally written in 2015} He had anger coursing through his veins and poison in his voice. She had playfulness in her soul and ch...
1.3M 9.5K 11
Avery Williams - a regular pack member. Trent Denver - the alpha. They don't get along, her being too hard-headed and him believing whatever he says...
19.9K 992 63
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...
163K 4.9K 24
beta jason is a very ruthless beta. of course not as ruthless as his alpha (alpha kane) but he is very feared around the world. his best friends alp...