Give Your Heart a Break

By gzeeh27

Everybody deserves to be happy. However Kiara, feels like she does not deserve to be one. After the tragic ac... More

Prologue
One: Vocation and Profession
Two: Eager Beaver
Four: Just eat...it will be okay
Five: The world is moving round and round
Six: Ian's POV
Seven: Not a date, right?
Eight: The Beach and the Bitch
Nine: Photoshoot
Ten: Put Your Arms around Me
Eleven: There, he said it!
Twelve: Confession
Thirteen: Lips don't lie (Ian's POV)
Fourteen: Confrontations
Fifteen: Happy birthday!
Sixteen: Missing Him
Seventeen: Misunderstandings
Eighteen: Wake-up!
Nineteen: Off for a Great Weekend
Twenty: Love and Desire
Twenty-One: I wish you were here

Three: Need a Break

46 1 0
By gzeeh27

“Who the hell was me?” Startled, I reply quickly with a question not knowing what to say to him. He is standing across the room and looks flustered. It seems he had been in a fight or something. He is wearing jeans and a black V-neck shirt.

“Yes, you.” He frowns.

“I’m Kiara. One of the models.” I reply. I notice he’s holding a black plastic bag, not big though. I thought of the book I just finished and it was about a psycho who chops the head of his victim, especially beautiful women, and slid it into a black plastic bag. It’s somewhat creepy! I erase that thought on my mind ‘coz I know I might freak out. He must be the one to clean the dressing room. “Are you going to clean now? I’m sorry if I stayed a bit too long.” I pick up my things and rush through the door.

Oh my God! I walk to the hallway and felt someone’s following me. I rushed towards the parking lot. No. Not me, okay?  I am close to my car. I open the door of the driver’s seat of the black BMW, and immediately start it. Jeez! That was close! I sigh.

Right now, my mind is occupied with that guy a while ago. He doesn’t look like a psycho one. He actually has good looks. That was an understatement. He’s gorgeous. Beautiful. Sexy. Hot. And yummy. I giggle on that thought. And I remember again the novel. Yeah. The psycho was handsome too. Oh, God! I must stop reading those kinds of books. But I love reading suspense novels. I can’t help it.

I am driving along the busy streets of Los Angeles. Yeah. I’ve been here for 22 years. I really need a break…from this busy life…busy people. Busy… But I can’t because I’m busy. And that really sucks.

I want to go far from here. I need some space… I need air… I need peace.

“Beeeeeeeep!!!!!!”

“Shit!” I jump on my seat as I hear the car behind me. I noticed I have been driving at 35 kph. I said I needed peace! Such noisy and nosy people! I step on the accelerator and drive in 100kph. Yeah… fast cars. Well, I’m here in LA. It’s normal. But I return to normal speed as I got a distance from that stupid car behind me. I thought I got far from that stupid driver. That Audi R8 is just beside my car and made many beeps…damn! I speed up again and turn to a shortcut heading towards my house.

Stupid driver! What was he up to?

At last, I’m home! My sister Katherine is already sleeping, I guess so. It’s 10 PM by the way. I really need a sleep since I was spacing out the whole day. And it’s not me.

I head up to my bedroom. And wow…Yeah, it’s clean. Someone bragged in and cleaned my room. I left it disastrous a while ago and now it’s clean. I know it was Katherine since we’re just the two of us living here in this big house. My brother, Ken, is living in a dorm near his school. He doesn’t want to be bothered by us while studying. His school does have high fees and big allowance but I know it is worth it especially for my smartass brother. I go for a three-minute shower since my eyes are drooping. Yeah three minutes, I do not how I do that, it takes a lot of time to practice. I brush my teeth afterwards, comb my brunette hair and went to bed with a wet head.

What a lovely day! Sun’s shimmering on my face. Wow! That’s what you call sleep! I turn to my right side to glimpse at my bed clock. NO WAY! It’s already 11 AM. I rush downstairs and saw Katherine preparing for lunch in the kitchen.

“Good morning, Ate!” she’s sweetly smiling at me.

“Good morning. Sorry I woke up late. Why didn’t you even wake me up in the first place? I must be the one cooking here, you know.” I walk towards the kitchen to make a coffee. Ate…yes my mother taught that to us. Ate means an older sister and Kuya means older brother. While the youngest one is called Bunso. I found it sweet so we adapt it and since we are at Lax, no one uses that, I guess.

“Its okay, Ate. Anyway it’s Saturday.” she continues chopping the onions.

“So what are you going to cook dear sister?” I sit down on the stool facing her.

“It’s Chicken Adobo. I miss eating that dish.”

“Well, you gotta cook it deliciously. You know it’s one of my favorite dishes.” Again, my mom taught us how to cook. But I didn’t want to try. I just want to eat. My sister had taken her cooking lesson with mom seriously so she was always the one doing the cooking while I’m in charge of cleaning the dishes…and of course eating!

“Good job, Kate!” I utter as I finish my last spoonful of rice and adobo. It is delicious, indeed! No doubt, my sister got my mom’s talent in cooking.

“So, was your low-sugar-low-fat-low-carb-low-caloric-diet has been ruined?” she chuckles.

“You know I’ve never been on that diet, dear sister.” I smirk.

“I thought you were because you eat less this past few days.” She sound worried.

“Yeah, I know. It seems weird this pass few days, I loss my appetite. But at least I eat so don’t worry about me.” I smile to her.

The day has been very boring. Katherine had gone shopping with her friends and I am left alone here. I go upstairs to get my iPhone. Where is it? I know I slipped it inside my bag last night. Damn! Where it could have been? I need to call Gaile right now. I end up using our landline to call Gaile after an hour looking for my phone. Thank heavens she answers her phone immediately.

“Hello!” Gaile utters excitedly.

“Seems excited huh? Hey, it’s I, Kiara. Are you waiting for someone to call?” I chuckle.

“Oh, Kiara what’s up? Why did you call here?” she said not answering my question.

“My phone is missing. I used our landline to call you up. So, what about tonight you were talking about?”

“Oh yeah, Nathan said we’ll go clubbing tonight. You will come, right? I already told him you would come.” Go clubbing? She knows I hate going to bars.

“Do I have any choice? You already said yes to him for me. What a bright idea, Gaile!” I roll my eyes. I hope she could not sense that.

“You rolled your eyes, Kiara, I know.  I know you don’t want going to bars. But, Kiara, you really need a break. You should have a break. Can’t you see you’ve been spacing out this pass few weeks? I don’t want you to be that, Kiara. I want my high-energy-BFF back.” She sounds worried.

“Okay. Okay. You won this time. So what time and what place?” I surrender. And I hear a relief sigh from her.

“Yes! I really couldn’t believe this! No wearing of jeans and shirts okay? I’ll pick you up at 6:30.” she giggles on the line.

***

This is just my second time entering a bar. The first time really was awkward. I wore jeans and shirt of course and chucks. And I saw Gaile and Nathan’s face with awe. I could read their lips as if saying Oh my God!  The crowd was staring at me then and muttering something. Some was smirking, some was laughing… The hell I care? I’m still wearing clothes.

Now the crowd is staring at me. Nah… at Gaile for sure not on me. Some are dancing at the dance floor. As the music plays...

 Uh uh uh uh uh! Take your shirt off! Uh uh uh uh uh!

 Our table is close to the stage but we didn’t struggle getting there as people pave a way as we walk towards Nate. “Kiara, sweetie! You came!” he kisses me on the cheek and hugs me tight.

“Obviously,” I muttered as I hug him back. He does that too to Gaile

“I thought you’re going to back out.” He turns to me.

“I don’t want you to be upset with me, Nate. I cannot stand losing my most handsome gay friend.”

“I know ‘coz I’m the only gay friend you have!”

The semi-circular couch was indeed huge and soft. With that, I knew it is not just the three of us hanging out.

“Yeah, I know. Thank you! So where are the others?” I ask to him.

“Well they’re just about to come. You two are really early birds! Well, truth is I told them to be here at 8.” He chuckles.

“Such an ass!” we both cried out.

“I hurried fixing myself and you told us, we’ll meet at 7?! How could you, Nate. I wasn’t able to tie my hair up.” I am piss off.

“Your natural big curls just show off, dear. You look beautiful, Kiara.” He says as he brushes his hand on my hair.

“Don’t you dare tell me that... you’re still not forgiven. You’re such an ass, Nate.” I pout my lips.

“I know. And you’re dress suits you. Classy but not bitchy.”

“Still not forgiven…” I roll my eyes on him.

“The dress shows off your long beautiful legs.” Nathan continues.

“No…I'm not that tall, you know that, Nate.” I pout and see Gaile whispering something to him. I roll my eyes at her.

“I’ll treat you a Cinnamon Swirl and a strawberry frap later.” He exclaims.

“Really? Okay! You’re forgiven.” I giggle to him sweetly and we three laugh.

“Kiara, you’re really impossible.” Gaile utters.

“Such a sweet tooth! Hey! Watch your diet, Sweetie.” Nathan reminds me. I smile at him. He knows I couldn’t be fat. I’ve never been fat as much as I want to. I got it from my mom’s genes, I guess. Like me she ate a lot but never been fat.

“Oh, he’s here!” Nathan waves someone at our back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

623K 31.1K 48
Don't I deserve happiness, happiness of seeing my wife welcoming me with a smile when I reach home exhausted from office work happiness of seeing...
737 72 20
The Koh Samui Trilogy ~ Book Two ~ Ian Banks (Non) had travelled to Thailand after his best friend had called him to tell him his long time idol Sing...
7.7M 194K 63
A MAFIA ROMANCE ________________ "Mrs.O'Rihley take your clothes off" ________________ The wedding ring forced onto her slim finger and a new life t...
119 14 20
This is a story about love and friendship. Friendship can grow so fast, it doesn't matter how long you know that person. If it's right, it's right. ...