Playing for Keeps[Kingx#1] [C...

BailyNorton द्वारा

Highest ranking: #1 in teen fiction. I though I knew Archer McCarty. The controlling, stubborn bad boy w... अधिक

IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter14
Chapter15
Chapter16
Chapter17
Chapter18
Chapter19
Chapter 20
NOTICE + ABOUT THE ADS
Chapter21
Chapter 22
chapter23
Chapter 24
Chapter25
Pics of characters
Chapter26
Chapter27
Chapter28
Chapter29
Chapter30
Chapter31
Chapter32
Chapter33
Chapter34
New book-Cinderella's sister(not an update)
Chapter35
Chapter36
Chapter37
Chapter38
Chapter39
Chapter40
Chapter41
Chapter42
Chapter 43
Chapter44
Chapter45
Chapter46
Chapter47
Chapter48
Chapter49
Chapter50
Chapter51
Chapter52
Chapter53
Chapter54
Chapter55
Chapter57
Chapter58
Chapter59
Chapter60
Chapter61
Chapter62
Chapter63
EPILOGUE
Kane's Book

Chapter56

165K 5.5K 1.1K
BailyNorton द्वारा

Edited by Nokotoy

XXx....................................................................................................................................................XXX

The Frosts' family had stood for a very long time. From the start, the rules of the house had always been that all the property of the house will be passed on to the eldest son as long as he had a male heir to passed on to. Or else it will go down to his younger brothers.

It had always been like that in other's houses too back in those days.

Everyone had their share of property but the 'property' that falls to the main heir they talked about was a lot. As in taking charge of all the property while a few of it was distributed among the rest of the family to start building their own fortune. The incoming from the various companies like shipping, factories etc they built back then was a lot.

Times might have change but the rules are still followed today by the Frosts to show respect and honor for family. Kellan's the oldest but he can't seem to have a son with Margaret. He's very hard working and respected by the family especially by his father and he thought that that'd be enough even if he don't have a son that was why he dismissed Archer's mom Loren's emails and texts about Archer. But, the old man was stern, deciding to pass on to Archer's uncle. That's when he decided to take Archer from Loren who gladly hand him over. In exchange for money enough to feed her off a lifetime.

Archer remembered the day her mom had for the first time took care of him. He thought that he had done something to please her mother and she was going to do it every day. His heart was filled with hope.

Then, when he asked her, she laughed mockingly at him.

She bath and dressed him only to drop her off the Frost's mansion. Even there, the maids tended him, Mrs. Frost called him with names such as whore's son. The sisters ignored her, embarrassed about his existence. Mr. Frost never took second glance at him. He treats him like an object, a ticket or a paper to all the property.

Since Archer's the only son he'd have to inherit the property one day. Every one of the family knew so they always give him a cold shoulder, saying things like, 'tainting the family blood', maybe hoping he'd run away from it all. As much as they hate it, it had to be done.

Archer stays in the mansion for a week, when Mr. Frost realized that Archer's existence can cause the family a bad name, he decided to hide him. Passing him to a couple. Again, in exchange for money.

After he finish telling her about it he didn't dare look up to see her expression, afraid that she'd realized how unworthy he is and change her mind. This was why he never told her. His gripped around her waist tighten, afraid to let it go.

Ellie couldn't keep the tears from falling. Archer should be the one crying after all the terrible things, she thought that happens only in movies, that he went through but she's the one who's crying!

She was so angry for that and furious about the way his family had treated her. Now she understands what Kane had said. His family treated him like a mere object, going on all business on the little boy.

Little boys should be going out, having fun with friends and get lots of kisses of affection from mom not worrying or desperate for his parents' affection! No wonder he had no clue how to show her how he feels or how he cared for her. He acted on pure instincts not really understanding what's proper or not and crossing lines.

"I hate them. I hate what they did to you."

He turned his head and frown when he saw the tears, he reached up to wipe it.

"Ellie...don't cry" he said, his voice soft before he shifted, pulled her down so that they lay side by side, facing each other.

"Archer, I get that you don't want to tell me all of these before but why can't you at least just tell me who Lucy was you half-sister before"

"Because I don't consider her as even a step sister so I will have to tell you the rest of the story as they're all connected then you'll leave"

"What makes you think that I'll leave?!"

"No one wants me. Even for free!" he chuckles, before Ellie could say anything else he continues

"Money is always involved everytime I'm...passed around" his voice shook a little, "Yo-you'll realized that I'm unwan-" he stops, "Then you'll leave" he looked deep into her eyes. Ellie couldn't misread hope in them.

Oh god, Archer's feeling insecure.

Ellie knew exactly what he tried to say before he stops. He was trying to say that he's unwanted.

'What the hell have those horrible people done to you?' she wants to shout in anger but instead she cupped his jaws, pulled him close until their foreheads touch, she stared right back into his eyes hoping he'll see her sincerity.

"I want you" she said firmly. She watch as his eyes darken, the insecurity fading, he likes what he hears, "I want you so much. Don't ever say that you're unwanted again" she says, half shouting in anger at whoever made him feel so insecure, "Who in the right mind would want to leave you." She licked her lips before she whispered "You're perfect"

He laughs "No. That's you"

"What?"

He trailed a finger down her cheeks, his eyes following the trail, and then leading to her lower lip "Perfect" he mumbles.

Ellie leaned up and kissed him, hard and hungrily, wanting him to feel how much she meant every word.

When she pulled back, Archer leaned down burying his face into her neck while pulling her close to him.

"They better not show me their face after all these. I swear I'd do something to them" anger heated up her body once again. She clenched her fist.

She narrowed her eyes on top of his head when she felt Archer smiling against her skin.

"Archer, don't you dare smile! I'm serious. I can be very dangerous when I'm angry. I can go...hulk!"

He groaned before laughing out, "You're going to be the death of me"

He raised his head, giving her a quick kiss. "I know how dangerous you are" his voice low, her heart skip a beat.

"I...I..." she had a feeling that they weren't talking about the same 'danger'

"You know, you said you aren't brave but believe me, you are"

Ellie sighed "That's sweet but you're saying that because you're my man"

"Your man" Archer says, clearly pleased by the way his chest rumbles as he said that.

"I'm serious. No one ever stands up to Kellan. You're the first one"

"Truly?" Ellie squeak in horror, "I almost get killed by him!"

"I'll never let that happen" he mumbled but Ellie clearly heard him so she smiled. Her heart can't help but warms up. Yup, Archer can be adorable at times but like he'll accept that. She's so in love with him. He's letting his guard down without knowing what her initial intentions were. That saddens her instantly. Maybe now's the perfect time to confess. Yeah, she will. She decided.

"You also stood up to me. Ever one leaves me alone when I'm mad but you, you follow me around without knowing what I could do. You're the only one who sticks around when I fucked things up. You know, as soon as I came back, I said rude things to you, trying to push you away, but failed, assuming it'd be better to get over you before I let you in then only to end up breaking me. Because you're the only one who's fucking capable of both"

Oh no! Ellie held her breath, "Both?" she asks hesitatingly, yet hoping he'll somehow change the subject.

"Breaking my defense as well as breaking me. I knew it the moment I laid my eyes on you. My soft spot" he smiles, "The 5 year old me didn't know how to put it but I just knew, that you are for me. All for me and that you'd be the death of me."

"But..."

"What I'm trying to say is, you still come to me. Even after I've been rude to you, you to come and ask me to go out with you. You're still with me after knowing all about me"

Ellie couldn't help but tear up in sadness. How could she ever confess now! He thinks that I see past his exterior and goes to him because I still like him beside the things he's done to me. Now, she's afraid. So afraid of him knowing the truth. Afraid of him leaving her. She hugs him closer this time, hoping he wouldn't raise his head and her closing her eyes with pain and sadness.

' I'm going to lose him' that sentence played over and over up in her

head.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An- Please Note that the 'male heir' thing starts from the old days. In those days, they only want male as an heir. And I know it is horrible and that exactly is what I am trying to show here.

BTW..I think that the song/Vid attached to this chapter fits the situation.
It's 'I'll follow you into the dark' by DCFC:)
(I LOVEEE IT)

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

3.6M 127K 43
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Asher Pryce hides...
867K 22K 24
{Complete} (((Disclaimer))) I wrote this book/completed it when I was 13/14, it does not exhibit my current writing ability and is very much unedited...
161K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
433K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...