Long Lost Brother

By kylieskatz22

Riker Lynch, age 16, finds out one day that he has another brother. And that brother just happens to be his t... More

Chapter 1 : Twins
Chapter 3 : Meeting Jeff
Chapter 4 : First night
Chapter 5 : A not so good second night
Chapter 6 : Pink underwear
Chapter 7 : The leak
Chapter 8 : Boredom
Chapter 9 : Vacation?
Chapter 10 : The disagreement
Chapter 11 : The car ride to New York
Chapter 12 : Riker's unpleasant car ride
Chapter 13 : The first day
Chapter 14 : The beginning of Riker's down spiral
Chapter 15 : I'm sorry
Chapter 16 : The woods
Chapter 17 : Attacked
Chapter 18 : Not ok
Chapter 19 : Something's wrong with Riker
Chapter 20 : Tag
Chapter 21 : Fainting
Chapter 22 : Feelings
Chapter 23 : Going back home
Chapter 24 : Where's Riker?

Chapter 2 : The arrival

542 17 14
By kylieskatz22

Chapter 2

Friday afternoon...

Riker POV

I'd been freaking out ever since I found out about my twin. I'd barely gotten any sleep, so you'd think I'd be tired. But I wasn't. I was extremely hyper, and was totally freaking out. I wasn't really happy he was coming. In fact, I was kind of dreading it. What if he didn't like me!? I like rooming with Rocky, and now this is going to be really weird!

Once I was home from school, I ran into the kitchen to check the time. Jeff was supposed to arrive between 4:30 and 5:00. My mom was picking him up from the airport. Right now it was about 3:00.

"Riker?"

"WHAT!?" I yelled, turning around.

"Bro, calm down," Rocky said, going in the fridge.

"I'm just nervous."

"Yeah, like that's not completely obvious..."

"He's my twin, Rocky! What if he hates me!?"

"I'm sure he'll like you. Do you know how many girls like you?"

"That's different. They're fans of R5. They don't have to live with me, and deal with me all the time. And besides, we barely have any fans. We only learned how to play instruments a few months ago."

"Good point. He'll probably hate you."

I turned to face Rocky with wide eyes.

"Riker, relax. I was kidding."

I started breathing quickly. Rocky came and hugged me.

"Riker. Dude, relax."

I slowed my breathing, and regained control of myself.

"Riker, everything will be fine. He'll probably love you. You guys are still brothers. You just don't know each other."

"Yeah, I guess..."

Jeff POV

The officer that picked me up helped me check my luggage and board the plane. We'd taken off, and my ears and head already hurt really bad. And now I have to be in pain for hours... Great...

I kept going over my goodbyes in my head. I'd said goodbye to Nick last, since he was my best friend. I already missed him like crazy.

I stared out the window, but all I could see was clouds. I was trying not to freak myself out. First of all, I hated planes. Second, I just left all my friends, and I probably wouldn't be seeing them anytime soon. Third, if flying wasn't scary enough, I was alone. And I had no idea how I was supposed to find my family at the airport. I didn't know what they looked like or anything! And fourth, what if I hated it there? What if they were like my old parents, and they hit me and stuff?

I pulled my legs up to my chest, and wrapped my arms around them. This is going to be a long night. I can already feel it...

Later...

Riker POV

"Riker, sit down. Quit your pacing," Rocky said, motioning for me to sit next to him on the couch.

"No! I can't! I'm too nervous! Mom just left with Rydel to go pick Jeff up! This is it! This is the last time I'll be with you guys before he comes!"

"You're acting like you're going to hate him."

I threw my hands into the air and sighed loudly.

"I don't know, Rocky!" I shouted.

Rocky smirked at me.

"What!?" I asked.

"I'm so calm, and you're freaking out like a crazy person."

"I'M NOT CRAZY!"

Rocky rolled his eyes.

"Yup, you don't sound crazy at all..."

I flopped down on the couch.

"He's going to think I'm a psycho..." I mumbled into the couch.

"No, he won't. Just calm down a little."

I felt Rocky's hand on my back, moving slowly. I slowed my breathing down a little, and sat up straight.

"Thanks for that," I said as Rocky gave me a side hug.

"No problem. That's what brothers are for. And I'm sure you'll have moments like this with Jeff, too."

I sighed. Here comes a long night...

Jeff POV

Finally we landed. I was more nervous than I'd ever been in my whole life. My heart was pounding, I was sweating, and I felt a little dizzy too. And my ears and head still hurt quite a lot...

I put my backpack on, and followed everyone off the plane. Now I just need to find my family somehow...

Rydel POV

"So... How will we know which one's him?" I asked my mom.

"Just look for a Riker."

I laughed.

"Right... They're twins," I said, smiling.

I was so excited. I loved my family already, and adding another sibling was going to be awesome! Especially a twin.

"Mom! Look!"

I pointed to a boy who looked exactly like Riker. He had the same hair. He was wearing jeans and a hoodie. They have the same fashion sense.

I started waving my arms.

"Jeff!" I called.

He looked up at me, and slowly walked over.

"Hi, I'm Rydel, aka, your sister!"

He looked at me shyly, and smiled slightly. My mom didn't even say anything. She just hugged him.

"My son!"

I rolled my eyes. She's such a mom...

"Let's go get your luggage," my mom said, finally breaking away from their hug.

Jeff definitely seemed nervous. And I didn't blame him. We're practically strangers, and he's already had some lady he doesn't even know hug him, and a girl tell him she's his sister.

He grabbed 2 suitcases, and then turned to us.

"C-could I use the restroom?" He asked, very quietly.

"Sure. I think they're over there," my mom said, pointing.

We walked over to the bathrooms. Jeff put his backpack down, and went in.

"He's just like Riker!" I said, smiling.

"Same hair, same eyes, same clothes."

It was true. His hair was just like Riker's. His eyes were the same hazel color. And Riker wore hoodies and jeans all the time.

"And he has the same little nose!" I said, totally freaking out.

My mom smiled. I was so happy to have another sibling. And it was funny how similar he and Riker really were.

Jeff came out a minute later, and put his backpack back on. I took one of his suitcases, and he took the other. We walked out to our car, and put them in the back.

I sat up front with my mom while Jeff sat in the middle row of the van. I kept glancing at him in the mirror. Honestly, he looked scared. I felt sort of bad for him.

"So, Jeffery, we have a big family," my mom said, starting to drive.

Oh boy... Just scare the poor kid with all the R names, why don't you...

"...Rocky, Ross, Ryland, Rydel, and then there's Ratliff, who isn't actually in the family, but..."

I zoned out. If I were in Jeff's place, I'd think my mom was crazy.

Riker POV

I was pacing again. Rocky was trying to get me to sit, but as every minute went by past 4:30, I got more and more anxious.

"Riker, for the love of god, sit down before I pin you to the floor!" Rocky shouted.

I saw my mom's car pull in, and I ran to the window.

"Oh god! They're here! I think I'm going to faint!" I shouted.

"Ugh, Riker, get a grip. You don't see me or Ross or Ryland acting like this, do you?"

"He's not your twin!"

Rocky rolled his eyes, and pulled me upstairs while I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Rocky, they're here! I need to go down there!"

"No. You can go down when you're calm. I'm not letting you scare the crap out of him. He'll think you're a psycho."

I sighed, and sat down on Rocky's bed. It was still technically Rocky's because he hadn't moved out yet. He hadn't had the time...

"What are you thinking about?" Rocky asked.

"My breathing, and trying to stay calm instead of exploding..."

Rocky laughed a little. I could hear the door open downstairs.

"We're back!" Rydel shouted.

"Oh boy... Here we go..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 206 12
22 year old Riker Lynch was performing with R5 one night. Next thing he knows, he's blindfolded and handcuffed. He gets kidnapped, and won't be let g...
28.2K 719 32
Finn is the illegitimate child of the rich Chistopher Hudson. Rachel Berry is heiress to Berry fortune. The Hudson's and Berry's are close knit famil...
Mute By Kylie K

Fanfiction

1.2K 67 33
Riker becomes a foster child after he is abused at home. And then he gets put with the Lynchs after he's abused by his foster family. Of course all o...
12.7K 506 40
17 year old Riker Lynch finds out one day that he has a twin. And he lives across the country in Ohio. Jeffery Sterling comes to live with them. Rike...