Drawing of a Rose [Troyler AU]

By jamtim

Troye Sivan is a 16 year old boy who loves to do art. He's also homophobic. When Tyler Oakley rocks up to the... More

Prologue: Slowly Closing
Chapter 1: The New Kid
Chapter 2: Masking the Emotions
Chapter 3: Cute Boy
Chapter 4: Confessions
Chapter 5: Flashbacks
Chapter 6: Explanations
Chapter 7: Artwork
Chapter 8: Messages
Chapter 9: Not fully out
Chapter 10: Casual Chit-chat
Chapter 11: Plans
Chapter 12: Iced Coffee
Chapter 13: Opinions
Chapter 14: Revelations
Chapter 15: Fairy-flossed Angel
Chapter 16: Who Was He?
Chapter 17: One Big Question
Chapter 18: Like I'm Toxic
Chapter 19: One, Two, Three
Chapter 20: Flower Of Truth
Chapter 21: Like Hell He Was
Chapter 22: Pity and Sympathy
Chapter 23: Toast
Chapter 24: Sun, Music, Peace.
Chapter 25: The Sandbar
Chapter 26: Ocean Eyes
Chapter 27: I Promise it Will
Chapter 28: Twisting and Coiling
Chapter 29: Forgive?
Chapter 30: Autopilot
Chapter 31: Raindrops
Chapter 32: Future
Chapter 33: Unraveling
Chapter 34: Choices We Make
Chapter 35: Safe of Secrets
Chapter 36: Painting Memories
Chapter 37: Movies
Chapter 38: Delving Into The Past
Chapter 39: Old And New Acquaintances
Chapter 40: Stop Being A Teenager
Chapter 41: Swelled Head
Chapter 42: Recharge
Chapter 43: Fast Paced
Chapter 44: Moving Too Fast
Chapter 45: Recollection
Chapter 46: Blanked Out
Chapter 48: Getting It Together
Chapter 49: Say I Love You
Chapter 50: Thanks for Listening.

Chapter 47: Please Stay

711 47 39
By jamtim

So apparently this chapter actually wasnt showing up so lets hope it works this time.

Troye

Everyone left me alone after Zoe's tears began to stop and she could complete a full sentence without hiccuping. The door closed and I began to think. I didn't know what I was thinking, all that I knew was that I thought and thought.

And when I could no longer process anything. I fell asleep.

Many people believe that everything was a dream after they wake up after receiving devastating news. That wasn't true to me.

Despite not having seen actual proof of Tyler's death, I knew it was real. Zoe's tears were real, her soft arms around my neck were still imprinted. My tears had been burned into my cheeks.
It was sometime late morning when there was a knock at the door. I was sketching, pencil and paper they let me have to keep me occupied. I looked up at the sound. There was a pause before a nurse opened it, eyes crinkled and a soft smile on her lips.

"You have a guest" was all she said. I nodded in response.

She stepped to the side and a woman entered, a small girl attached to her hand. All I could do was stare, barely noticing that the nurse had left. Brown hair, highlights shining in the sunlight, and eyes mirroring my own. How could I forget them?

"Troye" she murmured, a hand covering her mouth. Her eyes welled up, and she let go of her child's hand to rush up to me and envelope me into a hug, a slight crackle of paper as she did.

"Mum?" I whispered.

I hestitantly wrapped my arms around her, shocked at everything that was going on. But she still smelled of apple and cinnamon and her hugs were tight and warm.

"Mum" I whispered again, this time with more confirmation. My grip tightened and I felt a rush of tears and relief.

Her body also began to shudder, and I felt her tears dampen my back. I squeezed tightly, never wanting to forget this feeling.

We stayed like that for awhile until she eventually pulled away. She let her hands rest on my shoulders, rubbing comforting circles.

"I've missed you so much" she said through a small hiccup. I nodded, having nothing to say. Something moved and I glanced behind her, seeing the small girl. Mum noticed and turned around. A fond smile on her face as she kneeled down and opened out her arms.

"Come here, don't be shy." Mum called. The little took a hesitant step forward, before rushing into her arms and was hoisted up.

"This is your younger sister, Sage." Mum explained, and she placed a gentle kiss on Sage's cheek.

A sister. She was my sister, related by blood.

Only then did it occur to me that during the time mum had lost custody of me, she had found someone else, began a new life, started a new family. But she came back to me, still considering me as her son.

I completely broke down, tears burning lines into my cheeks. I gripped onto her shirt. Holding on as if she would just drift away again if I let go. Holding on as if I would drift away.

"Please. Please don't leave me again. Stay here" I pleaded, words overflowing.

As I continued to sob, a hand ran through my hair, gentle and soothing. A soft kiss amongst my curls.

Slowly, my sobs died down, and I pulled away. Sore, white knuckles letting go of the fabric and dropping by my sides. I wiped at my eyes. Mum sat down on one of the chairs, still holding on to Sage. She passed me some tissues and I gratefully accepted them.

Mum spoke up first.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" I didnt respond. She continued. "When I lost you... it was the worst thing. Knowing you were stuck with that monster made me feel like I had done something wrong, that I had failed as a mother. Somehow, I gradually stopped wallowing in sadness, and after a few years, I found someone and, yeah."

She took in a deep breath, shuddering. "Yet, suddenly hearing you had been in a crash and not knowing whether you were dead or alive.

"But I can see you now. And I'm so grateful. So, so very grateful, that you are alive and not in grave danger anymore from him."

I mulled over her words.

"What happened to him?"

"Your, father?" It was painful for her to speak the undeserving label.

"Because of the crash, he's passed away now."

I gaped in shock. I wasn't sure what to feel. Whether to rejoice or cry. To feel sad or relieved that I was finally rid of him.

My heart pounded and squeezed tightly in my chest. I grasped at my chest, twisting the fabric. My throat was feeling tight and heavy as the thought pierced me.

Because of me, two people had died.

A/N
Well, it's been awhile.
This chapter was filled with a few happy moments, though I dont know how happy the ending was.

Anyway, happy birthday to my best friend L3ttuc3 who thanks to her mild death threats, I managed to get this chapter out. She's put constant chapters out on her story for the past week, and its pretttty good. So, check it out ;)

I think that's all for now, so lets see when the next chapter comes out.

BYE!!.

Jam.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 1.5K 27
Connor Joel Franta - high school badass and player. Everyone knew that you shouldn't fall in love with him -- you'd be a fool to do that. He is a pla...
324K 5.7K 48
-SMUT WARNING- -SELFHARM WARNING- Troye like Tyler and Tyler like Troye! Will they be together? or will age and distance ruin for them?
197K 11.5K 45
Tyler Oakley and Troye Sivan have been best friends ever since second grade, when Tyler asked Troye to be his valentine. Every following year they'd...
55.8K 2.8K 40
Tyler and Troye meet by chance in a cafe and it's love at first sight. Everything is looking up with cute nicknames and a relationship like the fairy...