Buckley's Rowdy Ranch: Cam...

Por CaptainCrunch

*COMPLETED* Welcome to Buckley's Ranch, full of sexy cowboys and all kinds of trouble! Lord 'ave mercy! Jessi... Más

Introduction
Chapter One: New Beginnings,Old Wounds
Chapter Two: Waiting For A Sign
Chapter Three: You Wait Your Turn, Smart Ass
Chapter Four: Bonding with Susanne, Defending Cam
Chapter Five: That's All I Ask, Ladies
Chapter Seven: Cam's Dream, My Misfortune
Chapter Eight: Lace Teddies & Throwing Fists
Chapter Nine: Breakfast & Flowers
Chapter Ten: I'm All Yours, Cam
Chapter Eleven: The Buckley Ball Part 1
Chapter Twelve: The Buckley Ball Part 2
Chapter Thirteen: Both To Blame
Chapter Fourteen: Teapot Dance
Chapter Fifteen: The Breaking Of Two Hearts
Chapter Sixteen: The Truth About Jessie
Chapter Seventeen: Epiphany You Overdue Bitch
Chapter Eighteen: Happily Ever After?
SEQUAL IS UP!!!!!!!!!

Chapter Six: Nightmares, Whiskey & Drunk Cam

16.5K 468 22
Por CaptainCrunch

Jessie’s POV

“Y’know what, Jessie? There’s a shoe shop over there, they got designer brands for nice prices.” Susanne mentioned, looking outside the window shop longingly. She had a glazed over look in her eyes over one thing.

Shoes.

“Let’s go in then.” I said, tugging on her arm as we stepped outside the boutique shop.

She giggled in delight then leaded the way. We quickly crossed the street, blushing from the cat whistles we got from the passing truckers.

The shop was called High Tipped, in big fancy gold words with a green vine in the middle of each letter. From the windows I could see beautiful displays, all for expensive looking shoes.

Susanne and I walked in to the nicely perfumed store, gazing in awe at every colourful display.

I could tell this would already take a while.

Cam’s POV

Thunk.

Thunk.

Thunk.

I banged the hammer against the small nail into the horse’s gate. I had to be careful or else I’d get a might sore thumb.

But thinking about what just happened an hour ago made my blood boil.

Why the hell is Lucinda back?

And why am not as broken hearted as I was two years ago?

Scratching my head roughly I just sighed and got back to work.

Round thirty minutes later, all three of my brothers rushed in.

“CAM-WE HEARD WHAT HAPP—” Marcus huffed from running, his cheeks lightly flushed pink.

I put a hand up into the air, silencing them before they could continue.

“It’s now yesterday’s news now, ya hear? I don’t want to talk about it.” I said in frustration, turning my back on them.

I whacked the hammer in harder strokes, making angry noises into the tension filled air.

“James is back too, y’know.” Perry said angrily, though I knew his anger was directed at James.

James Malcavoy was my former best friend, we had a lot in common, almost joined at the hip. Then I found out he and I shared another thing in common, Lucinda Wright.

My fucking fiancée.

Well, ex fiancée.

When the shock faded away and pain sank in, I stopped being the ol’ go lucky Cam.

“I’m headin out to the Benji’s bar, okay? Don’t wait up.” I sighed, knowing it would get a hell a lot worse ‘fore it got better.

I dropped the hammer to the floor with a thud, it landed on some stray hay, I gave them a final look before walking out of the ranch.

Why the hell not drown my sours with somethin’ that’ll make me numb for a while.

*NEXT DAY*

Jessie’s POV

Waking up can be such an asshole.

Even if you run away from your problems, do you ever really get away from them?

Because I travelled halfway across the world, and still I felt my old life’s horrors seeping into my unconsciousness.

*Nightmare/ Repressed Memory*

“See what you’ve done to mom? It’s your entire fault.” Jordan, my second eldest brother scowled, motioning to my unconscious mother.

She was in the hospital because she was heavily bleeding, which then led to her miscarriage.

We had just found out we were going to have a little brother.

“How is it my fault?!” I screamed at him, knowing he couldn’t do anything because we were in a hospital room filled with watching people.

“Because you didn’t get off your lazy arse and clean the house.” He said coldly, raising his arm up warningly.

“Cleaning isn’t only a woman’s job. Men can do it too.” I said just as coldly, glancing at my mother. She looked pained in a way, even as she slept.

“No! It’s a woman’s job to clean the house. Men don’t clean, that’s why we have you lazy bitches to do it.” he whispered harshly, slapping his arm down on my shoulder in a rough, stinging slap.

“Don’t be so sexist. If men and women were made equal, then why do you treat us like second class citizens? Religion can be a bit hypocritical, don’t you think?” I said bravely, gritting my teeth at another one of his sexist remarks.

“Blasphemy!” then he punched me in the nose, hard. It started bleeding immediately as my head knocked back from the strong force.

My face was aching and though as a repeat, my mind replayed his words over, making me feel that terrifying pain all over again.

*End Nightmare*

I woke up with a gasp, my chest heaving and rising as I tried to get some oxygen into my body. Sweat was plastered to my skin; my nose was strangely heated as if it relived that whole awful episode again.

I grabbed my iPhone that was charging on the bed side table, panting heavily.

Crap.

It was only one am, immediately I felt the cold attack my body. I shivered as I hopped out of bed, throwing on a pair of jeans I grabbed from the drawer.

I didn’t bother to put a top on; my lacy red singlet was good enough to go out in.

As I slipped on some black with colourful flowers printed ballet flats I grabbed my hand bag and shut the door quietly behind me.

I tip toed as noiselessly as I could, shuffling and keep on watch for any sudden people to pop out and stab me.

I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as I was outside, breathing in the cold night air.

I shivered as I unlocked the rental car, getting in quickly to turn on the heat.

I pulled out of the ranch and bolted for the town square, looking for a bar that I could just relax in.

Because I knew it was better to drown out my sorrows instead of lying awake at night, wondering when I’d ever stop being afraid of my night mares.

I pulled up to an open bar; it had lights in orange flashing Benji’s Bar. It looked promising from the outside, not a lot of cars but from the doors opening each time when someone left.

I parked into an empty parking space, clicking the lock button on my keys. I gripped my hand bag tighter to my body; the cold air was getting more frosted.

The bar was simple enough, cozy even.

Red and black tables with brown wooden chairs, frames of famous celebrities that had entered the bar, looking around there was even a little grill where a few heavy set guys were munching on some curly fries and a greasy burger.

Yum.

I walked right up to the bartender and ordered a cranberry drink. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder in sloppy fingers so I spun around in my high stool.

Oh lord.

No friggin way.

“What are ya doling here Australia?” Cam boozily said, his frame swaying a bit as his eyes were half opened.

“Oh shit!” I exclaimed, putting a hand to steady his stumbling form.

What the HELL?!!!!

In the short time I knew Cam; I knew that he was no drunk. He didn’t even look like the type of guy to go and get hammered.

“I asked you a question.” He ordered me, placing two of his large hands on the front of my shoulders, where my collarbones connected.

His hands were so soft and warm; I could feel his hands trembling slightly.

“Cam why are you drunk?” I asked slowly, hopping up to help him sit down on the stool next to me. The bartender passed me the drink, then took one look at Cam and scrammed to the other side of the bar.

Cam just burped really loudly.

Ugh, charming.

“Beats layin awake at night.” he was swaying again, his breath wreaked of strong alcohol…tequila…and was that whiskey?

“I know what you mean.” I sighed knowingly, grabbing a napkin from the silver metalled dispensed to wipe his chin. He had drooled there and some drops of alcohol.

I can’t believe I’m doing this.

He looked up at me, drunkenly tipping up his silky black Stetson. Even drunk, he still looked amazingly handsome. Except that handsome face was frowning now in concentration.

“Whaat you know ‘bout pain, Jesssieee.” He asked, slurring my name as his eyes locked on mine, though they still dropped as hard as he was fighting it.

“Plenty, Cam. The world ain’t pretty. No matter how much you cross the lands.” I said quietly, taking a sip of my chilled drink.

“Rough day, rough world.” Cam sighed, tipping his head back and let out a small groan of pain and annoyance.

“Cam, you okay?” I asked worriedly, placing a hand on his chest while the other hand propped his head back.

“Whhy you carin’ Jessie. I caused you (burp) hell and it’s only been a feew daaays.” He slurred, his eyes were barely open anymore.

I just looked at his pained face then sighed deeply; this had been a long night for the both of us.

After I paid for my drink, I helped Cam into my car, buckling him since he fumbled with the long grey strap.

“What ‘bout my car, Jessie?” he asked, leaning his head on the window. He was breathing quietly, his face had gone pale.

“We’ll pick it up in the morning.” I promised, pulling out and driving to the ranch.

I had to stop a few times to let Cam puke into the side of the road, his pained retching making me cringe.

At least I had Cam with me, keeping my mind off the awful, crippling memories.

“Come on, Cam. One more step. That’s it. Quietly now, don’t wanna wake your family now, do we?” I encouraged him; he had an arm around my shoulders as my arms wrapped around his hips, tugging him along with me gently.

“Kay, what’s your room number?” I huffed from the pressure of his weight, though my body shockingly wanted so much more.

“Nineteen.” He wheezed, leaning his cheek on the top of my head. I huffed again as I dragged his body to his room.

He retrieved his keys after a moment of fumbling; I quickly unlocked the door since his eyes were totally shut by now.

I panted as I dropped him onto the bed, already out of breath as my back ached.

When he dropped lightly on the bed, he had his arms quickly wrap around me as I dropped along with him.

“What the—” I wheezed, my breasts were pushed up against his hard, lean, muscular chest as our hips pressed against each other’s.

“Stay with me tonight.” He asked so quietly at first it took me a moment to capture what he said.

“Cam I hardly know you—” I started, worried and alarmed as I put both arms on his chest, trying to gather strength to get up. He started moaning excitedly, his eyes blinking awake in lust. I felt a huge poke against my abdomen; at first I thought it was a third leg.

Then I realized why and what it was.

As I tried to get up, he only held me tighter so that my body bounced and pressed against his, my hips thrusting fast as I tried to pull my legs up and away.

Ah.

Well, I’d be lying if I wasn’t getting excited too.

“Just sleep, Jessie. I promise I won’t try anythin’.” He said slowly, trying not to slur his words again.

“I don’t think this is a good idea—” it was sooo inappropriate, in the same bed as my cowboy boss.

“I don’t want to be alone tonight. I’m sure you can understand that, Australia.” He slurred at the end, Cam sounded so vulnerable and sad I couldn’t find myself to say no to him.

“Okay.” I leaned back into his chest, trying to ignore his third leg.

“Night.” He said quietly, I swear I could hear a smile in his voice now.

Eventually I fell asleep, keeping warm against his chest as his arms tightened around me.

*Mary’s POV*

I walked into Cam’s room, holding up a small torch as I checked what all the noise was about.

Ah.

Cam was knocked on his bed, with a very curvy woman sleeping on top of his chest.

That boy, I shook my head worriedly.

When is he going to find a nice girl and settle down?

The curvy woman turned her head, and I stifled a gasp of surprise and extreme pleasure.

It was Jessie.

My oh my, thank the lord for answer my calls!

I grabbed a quilt from the floor, I’m guessin’ it got knocked down from the obvious tumble they just had.

I gently pulled the cover over them; the torch was in my pocket since I only needed the faint moonlight to see what I was doing.

I shuffled to the door noiselessly, taking a last peek at the sleepin’ love birds.

Jessie nodded her head against Cam’s chest, as Cam moaned her name quietly, a smile on my baby boy’s handsome face.

I shut the door behind me softly, careful not to make any big noise to disturb the young kids.

At this rate, I’d get me some youngins real quick!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

10M 211K 27
"Karma..." He muttered. I looked over at him as he smiled to himself. "Is a bitch. And so are you!" I joked. Aiden glanced up at me and glared before...
470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
22.7K 987 31
~"When are you going to do what's best for you Sadie? All you ever do is what's best for Hallie and push your own wants and needs to the bottom of th...