Agent 13 (Book 1)

By Quidam13

"With all due respect sir, adding a new member to this team will only slow us down." "On the contrary, if any... More

Description/Author's note
Prologue-Lost freaking puppy
1. Put your set belts on
2. Now you've done it
3. Was that so hard
4. We need him alive
5. You killed him
6. Now now now liars go to hell
7. Ladies ladies you're both very pretty
8. What exactly did you do
9. And I say good bye
10. You guys suck
AUTHORS NOTE
11. I had quite a few grenades
12. Yeah well get in line
13. That wasn't an earthquake
14. What the hell aren't you telling us
15. We're at a warehouse duh
16. I'm surprised you haven't broken it yet
17. What didn't she do
18. Yeah one flaw with your brilliant plan
19. You know I never got your name
20. Are we allowed to kill civilians
21. I take it back
22. Devin, a gunshot, a TV, and a fly
23. I know how to be subtle
24. I really don't like stalkers
25. Well do something
26. Five...four...three...two...one
27. Now that's no way to greet an old friend
28. But don't push your luck
29. You knew
30. So I can't shoot him again
31. A killer
32. I don't hit girls
33. Make me
35. Same color as the stars you'll be seeing shortly
36. I'll plant a rose garden over his remains
37. Let's Party
38. Choose wisely
Not an update...sorry
39. Don't do it
40. I guess so
Author's Note
Sequel is Up!
Bonus Chapters

34. What are you doing

128K 6.7K 2.5K
By Quidam13

So sorry! I meant to update so much sooner but ended up getting sick and being forced to make up a bunch of work for school.

And shout out to @littlebean88 for the cool cover!

Enjoy!!!

Thirteen's POV

"Thirteen?!" I see a hand waving in front of my face. "Hello! Earth to Thirteen!" I catch Jason's hand before it waves in my face again.

"You totally spaced out." He says, yanking his hand out of my grasp in the process.

"I'm fine," I mutter dejectedly as I take a sip of my tea. Chase walks into the kitchen and looks at me.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He questions.

I simply shake my head in response. After that phone call, I had a hard time focusing on anything, much less sleep.

I was on my guard all last night, jumping at the slightest sound. I've neglected to inform Chase that I nearly killed him last night when he got up to use the restroom.

Just like I've neglected to tell any of them about their personal files being stolen from the agency...though Devin already knows that anyway.

I move my food around on my plate as a sleepy Zack makes his entrance.

"How are you all up this early?" He questions as he stretches.

"It's eight o'clock Zack," I mutter, the familiar cold and blank expression making its way back on to my face.

"Exactly, too early." He stresses, taking a seat next to me in the process. "Nothing important ever happened before eleven-thirty in the morning, therefore I shouldn't have to get up before then."

"I'm fairly certain your birth certificate says you were born at ten-thirty in the morning." I pause as I take another sip "Huh, I guess you're right, nothing important did happen."

"Very funny." He mutters dryly as he glares at me. He nudges me when he notices I've zoned out again. "You ok."

I look up at him, meeting his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine," I say simply, I feel Devin and Chase's stare boring into the side of my head.

I clear my throat. "Where's Cody?" I ask. My voice sounding loud considering everyone else has gone silent.

"He's in his room," Devin responds after a moment of silence.

"Great, thanks." It's about time I retrieved something that belongs to me.

I stand from my seat and place my plate in the sink after scraping off the leftover food into the trash can.

"What's up with her?" I hear Chase ask when they think I'm out of earshot.

"Why do you look at me when you ask that question?" I hear Zack's accusing tone.

"Why do you assume I'm looking at you?" Chase counters.

"Because your eyes are burning a damn hole in my head."

"We don't trust you." Devin chimes in.

"What?" Zack questions.

"We. Don't. Freaking. Trust. You." Jason adds. "Would you like me to spell it out for you?"

"Yes please do." Zack grits out sarcastically.

"Do you want another bullet hole?" Jason asks in warning

"Oh please, as if you can actually aim properly."

I roll my eyes and continue walking, tuning them out. Though its more than likely I'll be hearing a gunshot in a few minutes anyway.

I push open the door to Cody's room not bothering to knock. I hear the shower going in the adjoining bathroom, so I make my way over to his nightstand and begin to go through his things.

If he can snoop through my stuff, I can go through his...but the only thing I'll be taking is what 's rightfully mine.

I move on to the dresser, dumping a bag of potato chips I found, across the floor as I do so. The shower turns off, just as I start tossing his clothes out of the drawers, making an even bigger mess than before.

Cody seriously needs to clean up this room...and hopefully not notice the mess I just added to it.

A gunshot goes off from downstairs...I continue on with my search.

I hear the bathroom door open behind me but I make no move to pretend I'm not doing anything wrong. Let's face it, I'm not doing anything wrong, this is simply karma.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" I don't bother to turn around, and instead, continue tossing articles of clothing from his drawers onto the floor.

"Are you deaf?" He questions and I hear the potato chips crunch underneath his feet as he walks towards me clearing not paying attention to where he's walking. "Why the hell are there chips all over the floor? And what are you doing in here?"

"The chips are on the floor so I can keep track of where you are, cause let's face it, trying to listen to the sound of bare feet walking on carpet while rummaging through drawers is not the best idea." I say, answering his first questions, "And what does it look like I'm doing in here?" I ask, spinning around on my heels to face him.

However, I really wish I hadn't once I notice that the only thing he's currently wearing, is a towel hanging dangerously low on his hips, and leaving nothing to the imagination. I move my eyes quickly to his before he can catch me staring.

"What do I think you're doing?" He asks, repeating my question with an almost smug expression on his face. "Well, it looks to me like you're trying a little too hard to not look at anything but my eyes."

I lean back against the dresser and cross my arms over my chest, a murderous expression on my face. No way I'm going to give him the satisfaction of knowing he may or may not be right.

I scoff. "In your dreams."

"Oh really?" He takes another few steps towards me, raising his eyebrow. I make no move to go anywhere.

It's almost as if that's what he was counting on, cause within a split second his hands are braced on the dresser on either side of me and his chest is pressed firmly against mine. I glare up at him and try to shove him off me.

"I swear if you don't get off me in point two seconds. I'll-" He silences me by placing a hand over my mouth.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm pretty sure I've heard all your threats, and you never go through them." He retorts with a smirk, keeping me pinned against the dresser. He removes his hand from my mouth as I continue to glare.

"You're damn lucky I'm on your side."

"And if you weren't?"

"Then I'd hang you from a tree, douse you in lighter fluid and burn you alive," I say coldly. To my surprise, he starts to laugh loudly.

"What is with you and trees?" He continues to laugh. I press a knife against his side, not deep enough to draw blood...yet.

He sobers up real quick and glances down. He shrugs. "I was expecting a fairly large dagger, not a small butterfly knife." He says carelessly, almost as if I disappointed him.

"Yeah well I don't use my dagger on anyone but the enemy. Now get off me."

He holds his hands up in mock surrender and takes a few cautious steps back, the smug smirk never leaving his face.

"At least I know you can't shoot me." He jokes and my face goes blank when he says that.

"When I can finally use a gun again...the first thing I'm doing is shooting you."

He smirks and brushes past me, opening up one of the drawers to the dresser, as if that's what he was trying to do all along. He pulls out some clothes and makes his way to the bathroom.

"Cody." My voices stops him in his tracks and I hold out my hand. "My CD, where is it?"

He turns around, an innocent look plastered across his face. "Your what?"

My eyes narrow even more. "My CD, give it back," I say impatiently, still holding out my hand.

He leans against the door frame to the bathroom and shrugs innocently. "I don't have it."

The knife in my hand lodges into the door frame next to him, literally mere centimeters from his head. He doesn't even flinch, just simply raises an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, that CD." He says, making a face like he just had the biggest realization of all time.

I cross my arms and take a threatening step towards him.

He shrugs casually. "I don't have it." He finally says.

I walk up to him so I'm close enough to pull my knife out of the wall, letting it catch the light as I twirl it in front of his face.

"You sure?" He eyes the knife warily before bringing his eyes up to meet mine.

"Yep." He replies. He ducks into the bathroom and closes the door in my face.

I glare at the door, waiting for it to suddenly just disappear, or burst into flames. A sly smile spreads across my face as a thought comes to mind.

What exactly did he say about me not going through with my threats?...game on.

One thing he doesn't know about me...I live for proving people wrong.

***

"Where's the CD?"

"I already told you, I don't have it."

"Suit yourself." I shrug as I twist off the lids of the large containers spread across the lawn in front of me.

"Oh come on Thirteen, really?"

I ignore him as I raise one of the containers and begin dumping it on his head.

"Thirteen!" He sputters. "Thirteen this isn't funny anymore!" I continue ignoring him as I raise the second container. "Thirteen!"

"What's going on out here?" I turn my head to see Chase walk out, looking between me and Cody, who is currently tied to the tree. His eyes land on the container of lighter fluid in my hand and they widen.

"What are you doing?!" He shouts incredulously as if he's actually having a hard time believing that I would do something like this. I shrug innocently and dunk a third container on Cody.

"He stole something from me and I want it back," I said simply.

"What are you five?" Cody questions mockingly.

I light a match and hold it up in front of his face in response.

He shuts up.

"You know you're doing it wrong, right?" I turn and look at Jason and Devin standing slightly behind Chase. Zack stands at the window looking horrified but, surprisingly bullet-hole-less. I point at him jokingly and mouth 'you're next'.

"What do you mean I'm doing it wrong?" I question Jason, "I do know how to burn someone alive."

"You're supposed to hang him upside down, that way he actually burns alive." He replies.

"Yeah if you leave him the way he is now, he'll die of smoke inhalation before he'll actually burns," Devin adds.

"You'd basically be burning an already dead body." Chase finishes.

I try my best not laugh at the look of utter disbelief Cody's currently shooting at them since they all just basically helped give me tips on how to kill him.

They're so supportive of me...either that or they've finally realized that there's no changing my mind.

"I may not even like the guy very much," I look over a Zack through the now open window. "But I still don't think you should be killing anyone at my house."

"Thank you Zack-"

"Go to the park down the street and do it." Zack finishes, interrupting Cody's thanks.

I smile widely as I turn back to Cody and shrug innocently. He narrows his eyes at me.

"Don't you dare." He growls as I light another match.

"Why not? You haven't told me what I want to hear, and..." I trail off and lean forward letting my lips brush against his ear. "They've given me permission."

Remember what I said about karma?

Two more updates tomorrow and possibly another tonight.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 158K 48
"What makes you think we can trust this Agent 1 guy?" "I-uh, I knew him before he was an agent...he's trustworthy...to an extent." "And I already tol...
436K 13.6K 51
•• Zoey Carson was not a normal girl. In fact, ever since she was little, and ever since her beloved brother died, she was different. She loved to th...
145K 4.1K 57
(Editing) Warning: this book contains many strong women who won't take shit from any man. Some viewers may be upset by that.... :( *** After Grayson...
21.3K 811 42
"Previously known as... Scarletstroke: Girl assassin" * No hesitation * No killing of children * No killing of innocent people * No emotions * And d...