Operation: Stay Alive

By alyssa4everr

Nicole Evers' parents unexpectedly leave for a "business trip" leaving Nicole all alone, but her parents deci... More

Welcome
♦ Chapter 1 || Their 'Business' Trip ♦
♦ Chapter 2 || I'm So Sorry ♦
♦️ Chapter 3 || Who doesn't like Cake♦️
♦️ Chapter 4 || I Hate Mondays ♦️
♦️ Chapter 6 || Drunk Jake ♦️
♦️ Chapter 7 || Teddy is Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 8 || It's a small party ♦️
♦️ Chapter 9 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 10 || Now We're Even ♦️
♦️ Chapter 11 || Stay ♦️
♦️ Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 13 || Don't Swear ♦️
♦️ Chapter 14 || The Bucket ♦️
♦️ Chapter 15 || You wouldn't even hurt a fly ♦️
♦️ Chapter 16 || I couldn't even dress a barbie doll ♦️
♦️ Chapter 17 || You're such a child ♦️
♦️ Chapter 18 || Thank You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 19 || The Car Won't bite. But if you don't get in soon, I might ♦️
♦️ Chapter 20 || Don't tell me the price. I might not want to buy it then ♦️
♦️ Chapter 21 || Beginners Luck ♦️
♦️ Chapter 22 || Merry Christmas ♦️
♦️ Chapter 23 || Cornered ♦️
♦️ Chapter 24 || It's My Fault ♦️
♦️ Chapter 25 || Best Day Ever ♦️
♦️ Chapter 26 || Despacito ♦️
♦️ Chapter 27 || It Was You♦️
♦️ Chapter 28 || Movie Night ♦️
♦️ Chapter 29 || But It's Winter♦️
♦️Chapter 30 || Secrets ♦️
♦️ Chapter 31 || I Half Lied ♦️
♦️ Chapter 32 || Do You Have Any Queens ♦️
♦️ Chapter 33 || Go get 'em big boy ♦️
♦️ Chapter 34 || It's Never Too Cold For Ice Cream ♦️
♦️ Chapter 35 || That's My Girl ♦️
♦️ Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 37 || Listen ♦️
♦️ Chapter 38 || No Peeking ♦️
♦️ Chapter 39 || Wait Whatttttt? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 40 || Let's Do It♦️
♦️ Chapter 41 || Ready ♦️
♦️ Chapter 42 || Whipped ♦️
♦️ Chapter 43 || Promise ♦️
♦️ Chapter 44 || TLC ♦️
♦️ Chapter 45 || So This is What My Life Has Become? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 46 || Act Casual ♦️
♦️ Chapter 47 || Who? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 48 || Why? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 49 || What Are You Going to Do? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 50 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 51 || Home ♦️
♦️ Chapter 52 || Stronger ♦️
Thank You

♦️ Chapter 5 || Snow Day ♦️

24.4K 782 268
By alyssa4everr

Chapter 5 || Snow Day

🔹🔹🔹🔹

* * Nicole's POV * *

   The rest of the week was torturous; Tuesday Jake thought it would be funny to tie all my hair up against the head board while I was sleeping, which in fact was very very painful and hard to untie. Jill managed to help me on of the situation without cutting my hair - needless to say Jake got a long lecture from it. Wednesday he taped the faucet in my bathroom so when I went to turn it out it sprayed all over me. That was the last straw, it was my turn to strike back and he obviously didn't think I would.

Thursday morning rolled along. I woke up at 6:30 as usual and as I was getting up to shut off my police siren alarm clock, my phone lit up with an email from school. My heart jumped as I eagerly read the email which stated we had a snow day!

I ran to my window to find several feet of snow covering the ground. What a perfect day for pay back. Jake, you messed with the wrong girl.

Being too lazy to change out of my PJ's, which were pink PJ shorts with little cartoon ice creams on it and a white tank top with a pink heart in the center, I ran down to the kitchen, grabbed the closest thing to a bucket, filled it with pounds of ice and freezing water.

Once the bucket was full I slowly made my way to Jake's room.

Without spilling one drop I stood outside Jake's room.

Should I actually do this??

I'm practically digging my grave.

I shrugged, its too late to have second thoughts. He deserves what's coming to him and with that I put a grin on my face and carefully opened Jake's door. Without making a sound I entered his room and Jake was lying dead asleep on his bed. I froze the moment I realized he was shirtless... as much as I hate to admit it... Bridget was right, he had some crazy good abs.

Shaking the thought from my head, I quietly rushed over to the side of Jake's bed. I took one last look at the door to make sure it was open so I had an easy escape and sure enough it was.

Holding my breath, I lifted the bucket full of freezing water and poured it onto Jake.

His eyes immediately shot open and as I was running out of his room he grabbed my arm and leg and lifted me over his head with ease.

"You little b**ch!" He shouted as he ran out of his room with me on his shoulders.

I kicked and punched his body begging him to put me down. He just grunted, made his way though the living room and kicked open the front door.

Before I could register what was happening Jake threw me, as if I weighed nothing, into the snow and slammed the door shut.

Luckily I didn't land head first but I did land on my side and my elbow jammed into my rib.

The moment my skin touched the snow, goose bumps appeared on my entire body and I began to shiver. I had no coat, no socks, not even pants. Just a tank top and shorts.

I stood up, wrapped my arms around myself and ran to the door where Jake was standing. He only smiled, slammed the door and locked it.

"JAKE LET ME IN! ITS FREEZING!" I screamed with fear.

He moved to the window and started laughing.

"PLEASE!" I tried not to cry.

He shook his head, gave me a pouting face and continued to laugh.

I stood in the snow for what seemed like 10 minutes and my legs began to shake furiously and I could not stop it.

Jake began to walk away and I tried to scream but I could not say anything at all.

This is it. I'm gonna die!

My legs gave out causing me to fall into the pile of snow under me. I could no longer feel the snow touching my skin.... I could no longer feel anything.

Okay so I'm over exaggerating but I was on the verge of becoming completely numb.

I called out "Jake Please" one last time before he completely walked away.

I sighed, I knew his goal in life was to kill me.

I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge.

I sat on the top step while wrapping my arms around myself.

Why is Jake like this? He must have been good at one point in his life.

Out of all the people in the world, why me? Why must I have to stay with Jake?

I put my hand down beside me and stuck out my tongue to catch snowflakes.

After I caught a few in my mouth and several in my eyes I noticed that my hand was lying on a welcome mat.

OF COURSE!!!

I moved as fast as I could, with my frozen arms, to lift up the mat.

I skimmed the cement under the snowy mat and to my luck there is was!

The house key!

I shrieked with joy and hopped to my feet.

I stuck the key in the lock, turned it, and pushed the door open.

The moment the door was open a massive heat wave flew over me.

I felt like I was melting.... It felt so good.

I hate the cold. I hate it so much! I hate wearing so many layers!

Oh and don't get me started on what the school does to us! So on a day like today we all wear layers, including sweaters, jackets, jeans, long sleeve shirts, and we come to school in those clothes! But when we get to school in our Eskimo suits it turns into the Bahamas!

Anyways, I jogged to the stove and made myself hot chocolate with loads of whipped cream.

I grabbed a fuzzy blanket lying on the couch, gripped my hot chocolate, and sat on the couch.

The TV was already on with some weird comedy show that I've never seen before so I searched for the remote.

Turned out I was sitting on it.

I flicked through the movies on Netflix before the remote was removed from my hand out of thin air.

I turned my head around to find Jake gripping the remote and making his way around the couch.

"I'm trying to find a movie" I said with a smile.

He grunted as he jump on the other end on the couch.

He flicked through the channels quicker than a common girl, like Bridget, texting.

"What show are you searching for?" I asked him.

He ignored me.

I waited a moment before asking, "what type of show are you searching for?"

He stop scrolling through the channels and slowly rotated his head to face me.

I put a smile on my face.

"I'm looking for an off switch" he said while pointing the remote at me while clicking random buttons.

I nodded as I inched closer and put my finger on a large red button in the right hand corner of the remote, "it's right here"

He raised his eyebrows, "you're a f***ing idiot."

What? I just helped him find the off switch and he calls me an idiot?!?

"No I'm not! It is the off switch.... Look" I said as I pressed the button.

He shook his head and gave me a glare, "I WAS TRYING TO TURN YOU OFF!! NOT THE ACTUAL TV!" He looked like he was going to slap my face. He dark brown eyes burned a hole right through me, "NOW I HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH ALL THE SHOWS AGAIN!" He stood up and walked in front of me.

The next thing I knew the house phone was ringing and Jill was leaving a message, "hey kids the snow storm is pretty bad and I will not be home till tonight. There's pizza is the freezer! Stay Warm and see you later!" She said then hung up.

I reverted my attention back to Jake who was now gripping the remote with all his might that I feared it would crunch in half.

He kicked the couch, "Are you serious? I have to spend the rest of the day with you?"

I straightened my posture, "Hey It won't be that bad."

He crouched down and put his forehead to my forehead. The impact of his head hitting mine was as if someone threw a bowling ball at my head.

His nose was inches from mine and he started to say something but then paused, "You're not worth my time."

He pulled away and I could feel the fear rising up my body.

I slouched hoping to make Jake feel superior and I have no intention of taking away any of his power.

Jake moved into the kitchen and got a bottle from the highest cabinet.

Jake came back chugging it down.

My eyes opened and I accidentally blurted out, "Jake you're too young to drink!"

I immediately cover my mouth.

He ignored me.

Thank Goodness

I reverted my attention back to the TV and minutes after the entire house went black and the only light was coming from Jake's phone and the windows.

I covered my head with the blanket and let out a tiny shriek.

Jake jerked his head over to me with an eyebrow raised not knowing what to make of the noise I made.

"Afraid of the dark?" He asked.

I did not move.

He got up, clicked his phone off and shuffled toward me.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"Does it matter?' I said in an unexpected sassy tone.

"Well, It actually does. If you are over 6 years of age and still afraid of the dark then I fear that there is a problem with you. Now are you 6?"

I shook my head.

He laughed, "I'm afraid there is a problem with you."

I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Oh I forgot to ask you. How was the snow?" He asked and I could tell he was grinning.

"Fine thank you for asking." I said sarcastically. Being around Jake is making me more sassy and I don't think I like it.

* * * *

What do you want to happen next?

Don't be a silent reader 🌸

*Vote and Comment*

Alyssa Rose
XOXO ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 9.6K 25
This story can be read as a stand-alone but it's recommended to read My Brothers best friend to understand as this is a continuation of that story. H...
471K 24.4K 55
He's the guy moms warn their daughters about. Bold, outspoken, and self-confident, Brian O'Brien returns to his hometown only to discover some things...
15.6K 355 37
Zoe Bryant is a regular girl heading into her senior year of high school. She wants to spend her senior year hanging out with her friends and having...
380K 8.7K 42
Ava moved from a small town in Minnesota to a busy town in California. Soon after her move, she meets the towns "Bad Boy." Will she be able to resist...