The Betrayal

By Z0EYYY

Sequel to The betrothed. Read the prequel before the sequel. I won't add a description yet because it will ru... More

New beginnings.
Time to let go?
Rave.
Personal Hell?
Memories..
Apologize
Welcome back.
The Doctor.
The breakfast.
The Dance Part 1
Confusion
History Lesson?
David's POV
Enlightening.
Balance of Power?
Wisdom
Problems
New Addition?
Got a secret?
Humble.
Teaser
Division
The Forest
Happy Birthday to me!- David's POV
You'll be the death of me..
Two weeks later
Goodbye...
And so it begins
The Meeting
The Race
Here comes the bride..
Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)
It's a topsy turvy world
The Truth.
The Betrayal
The transition
The Text.
Just a kiss goodbye
The War.
The Aftermath
What have I done?
Calm.
Time

All these years..

235 18 10
By Z0EYYY

You guys are in for a shock.

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

All these years..

It was pain like I've felt before and so much blood was everywhere.

I heard David groan a couple of times as if in serious pain.

In the next moment I figured out that the blood wasn't coming from me, my wounds had almost healed but not completely.

The bullet was shot at David and it was his blood. The pain I had felt was through our bond that he felt. Usually he blocked the pain but it seemed it had overpowered him himself.

I looked around to see who had shot him but the forest was empty.

"Call James. NOW. Tell him 3, tell him 3" He groaned grabbing my hair, his voice sounded as if he hadn't had a drop of water in ages. His fangs still out, he was bleeding and losing consciousness.

I pushed him up and off of me only to find a gun fall to the ground...

He had shot himself.. My hands went to my mouth in shock. "What did you do David!?!" I grabbed his shirt to pull him up but his eyes just rolled back into his skull.

This was not the time to ask him questions. This was the time to focus on making things better.  I grabbed the phone, ignoring the blood on my hand.

I called Lindsay because I didn't have James's number.

She picked up very quickly. Despite the loud background music I knew she'd be able to hear me so I waited for nothing and said "Come to the forest behind the club and bring James, hurry!!"

The urgency in my voice conveyed the message and in a matter of seconds they were here.

"What happened here?" James asked in a serious but calm tone and went straight to David whereas Lindsay came to hug and support me.

"I- I was attacked, me and Keisha, there was a group of men, I- I tried to distract them and they almost drained me of my blood, I called David and he saved me, then he just-he just shot himself and told me to call you."

"Call Mike and tell him to get here." He told Lindsay. "Anything else that you remember that would help understand why he shot himself?"

I struggled to think, he had said something about demon blood?

"Demon blood, he said too much demon blood! And to tell you 3?"

"Fuck." I had never seen James use such language but when he did it seemed that the situation was quite serious.

He ripped open David's shirt and suddenly David started convulsing on the ground. I started coughing up blood at exactly the same time. "He's going into shock." I fell to my knees and saw Keisha enter the scene but it was the last thing I saw as my eyes rolled back into my head and I fell to the ground.

Lindsay's POV.

Mike was on his way and just as I turned around I saw the horrific scene before me.

David was going into shock, Elizabeth had fallen unconscious and Keisha was screaming and hurling herself onto James who needed space to work on David.

I grabbed Keisha and pushed her back and compelled her to shut up and stand in a corner. I was too angry with her for reasons that ranged from her childish behavior to not telling us what had happened to Elizabeth. In that moment I couldn't care less if she was going to be my sister-in-law.

I went to James to see if I could help. "James, what's wrong with him?"

"He had three bags of demon blood in his system when he was trying to heal Elizabeth. He shot himself to save her from himself." His voice breaking a little and he took a sigh. I had never seen James this way. He was breaking up and trying to be strong at the same time.

Soon thereafter Mike arrived and was briefed by James. He got to work, his face going pale and that was never a good sign.

What had he done? I thought. Demon blood was dangerous. It transformed our bodies in ways we couldn't control. It made us into monsters. And he had taken in three bags full of them! What was he thinking? I couldn't comprehend the pain he must have been in while trying to rush to Elizabeth. Demon Blood was not for those who wanted to use their vampire abilities; it was for those who wanted their senses subdued.

I could see why he had shot himself, because if he hadn't he would've drained her until there was just enough blood in her body to survive, even if she would've survived as a vegetable. It turned us into demons. Literally. Our sense of right and wrong changes and we don't really care.

I was surprised at David's willpower at controlling and shooting himself. But the gun he had used was special custom made that he always carried around and it was deadly laced with magic and powerful enough to kill just about anyone. He probably didn't have any other option.

I looked at Elizabeth, awestruck at the bond they shared; physical and emotional. I wish I could share something like this with James and I couldn't begin to imagine how awkward it would be now that David was with Keisha. I admired Liz for her emotional strength. If anything today had proven, it was that he still cared for her a lot more than he let on. I always wondered why they had parted ways.

David for months hadn't spoken a word to anyone and it remained a mystery why they had broken up. Liz had showed up many times crying at our doorstep asking to meet him but he never even opened the door.

I saw him lying there on the ground with blood coming out of his mouth that if anyone had been in his position, even me, although I loved James a lot, I don't think I would've been able to do what he did. The Demon blood wouldn't have let me and if I had I would've ended up killing him because I wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger on myself. And I wouldn't ever forgive myself if anything happened to him because of me.

I really admired the strength that David possessed. Strength and wisdom he had acquired over the years of pain, misery and experience.

I wasn't worried about Elizabeth. She was just being affected by the external forces. I was worried about David.

From the looks of Mike and James it seemed that there was a chance David wouldn't survive this.

James came running to me.

"Do you think there's a chance we could get your mother here?"

"She's half way across the world doing errands for your father. How will she get here in time?"

"We need magic." He frowned. "We need to take the bullet out and Mike isn't able to take it out. It's not coming out that way."

"James... I don't know.. I guess I could try.."

"Babe I don't think you have a choice. He's going to die."

"I've never done this before James."

"I have full faith in you. You can do that."

I was worried. I was worried because if I failed my relationship may not remain the same with James. I was worried that he would blame me. But when I looked at James, he was so heartbroken that I said "okay. I'll try"

Because trying would be the least I could do for the man I love.

I walked to an unconscious David and tried to use magic, magic which I hadn't used in centuries, hoping and praying he would be okay after this.

Elizabeth's POV.

I felt like I was waking up from a deep slumber.

I looked around; I was in bed, with David next to me.

He looked so.. peaceful. I smiled and got closer to him. I curled up right next to him and took in a deep breath.

I lay there for a minute and hugged him but he.. he didn't even seem to be moving and he was so cold..

I cracked an eye open. "David?" I moved his arm but I received no response.

And then it was as if someone had opened the flood gates of my mind. I remembered what had happened.

I felt tears coming to my eyes "David? Wake up! David?"

Why wasn't he moving? 

This was all my fault wasn't it? Was he dead because of me?

"David?" I cried out. "Please please wake up David.." but he didn't wake up.

After all these years, the ups and down, he wasn't supposed to die. I was supposed to die. Not him. It wasn't supposed to be him.

Love Z

So for a change, shit happened to David. God, I'm so sad.

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile! It will keep you updated on the status of this book among other things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154 0 25
Her friends and family betrayed her and risks her heart for the guy that told her: "Don't worry mi amor I love before I f*ck and then I'll show you h...
11.8K 475 53
Sequel To Broken Yet So Amazingly Perfect. I Know... I Know It's Been A Long Time Waiting (Lol See What I Did There) Anyways Hope You Enjoy It. Warni...
10.3K 357 27
Before reading this book, please go and read my painfull love story first part. Without that you don't understand what's happening. As so many membe...
978K 31K 51
He was so stubborn, adamant not to marry the girl he had never encountered with. She was left alone standing in the altar, humiliated. Her betrothed...