House of Anubis: The Grail of...

By cherrypepsii_

For three years, the first and original Sibuna have been solving mysteries and finding ancient Egyptian artfi... More

House of Family/House of Death
House of Attics/House of Sneaks
House of Conversations/House of Feelings
House of Trouble/House of Breakups
House of Yearbooks/House of Faints
House of Emergency/House of Business
Author's Note
House of Sibuna/House of Surprises
House of Auditions/House of Tutors
House of Deals/House of Shadows
Author's Note #2
House of Trades/House of Planners
House of Dates/House of Grails
House of Parks/House of Theives
House of Answers/House of Time
House of Labor, Pt. 1/House of Cowardice
House of Labor, Pt. 2/House of Ages
House of Labor, Pt. 3/House of Babies
House of Members/House of Returns
House of Weather/House of Lock-Ins
House of Kisses/House of Distractions
House of Secrets/House of Trophies
House of Covers/House of Plays
House of Discovery/House of Rivals
House of Playoffs/House of Warnings
House of Cheaters/House of Calls
House of Accidents/House of Proof
House of Sign-Up/House of Cameras
House of Gran/House of Coughs
House of Preparation/House of Realization
House of Meetings/House of Baking
House of Tests/House of Allergies
House of Easiness/House of Cats
House of Deletion/House Ingredients
House of Wrong/House of Brothers
House of Punches/House of Maps
Author's Note #3
House of Anger/House of Babysitters
House of Initiation/House of Bluff
House of Forgiveness/House of Snorers
House of Letters/House of Overhear
House of Sabotage/House of Corners
House of Election/House of Saviors
House of Generations, Pt. 1/House of Lures
House of Generations, Pt. 2/House of Deceit
House of Generations, Pt. 3/House of Masks
House of Generations, Pt. 4/House of Shoves
House of Generations, Pt. 5/House of Endings

House of Visits/House of Questions

337 8 0
By cherrypepsii_

Rhys and Sarah were walking together back to Anubis house, and were talking.

"So, Jax was talking to you because he wanted 'to get to know you better'?" Rhys chuckled. "Well something's not right."

"Anyways, if we want to find out about this 'Sibuna', we're going to have to go visit the one person who knows." Rhys said.

"Who is that?" Sarah asked.

"Victor Rodenmaar."

~~~~~

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Trudy asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." Duncan answered. "Are you sure? They said you hurt your leg pretty badly." August frowned. "I'm fine! I don't need a babysitter." Duncan yelled.

"Where's my son?!" Mara screamed when she entered the doors of Anubis.

"Of course." Duncan shook his head. "In here, Mom!" Mara walked in the common room. "Trudy?" She asked. They both squealed.

August plugged his ears in.

"You know, it doesn't help to leave me behind and take the car to here, when I'm trying to get some food." Mick also walked in.

"Dad!" August smiled. They gave each other a side hug.

"Sorry, honey." Mara apologized. "As soon as I heard about Duncan, I just took off."

"It's okay." Mick kissed Mara on the lips.

"G-ross." Duncan closed his eyes, since his parents were just standing right over them.

"Sorry, kiddo. What happened to your leg?" Mick asked. "I was trying out for football, there was a brick, I tripped, it's only swollen." Duncan explained.

"Is that who I think I hear?" Sarah asked as she and Rhys walked in, Jax, MacKenzie, Arielle, Leslie, and Robert following in behind them.

Mara and Mick turned around to see the kids. "Uncle Mick!" The boys gathered around him.

"Aunt Mara!" The girls gathered around her.

"Got any money in that pocket?" Jax wondered. "Nope, my money's in my car."

"Can you go get it?" Jax flashed a smile. "Nope!"

Jax frowned.

"What are you doing here?" Arielle asked Aunt Mara.

"Oh, Duncan has a swollen leg, I just wanted to see if he was okay. Do you need us to stay longer?" Mara explained.

"No, that's fine, uh..." Duncan glanced around the girls. "MacKenzie!"

MacKenzie widened her eyes. "MacKenzie will take care of me, won't you?" Duncan showed her a pleading look.

"Yeah, I'll take care of him." MacKenzie held his hand.

"Is there something we don't know abo-" August cut Mick off by shoving them both by the door.

"We had a great time!" August gave his father a father-son hug, and kissed his mother's cheek.

"Duncan and I will see you during break!" August smiled. "Wait!" Mara said.

"How are you and Arielle doing?" Mick asked. "Actually, we broke up." August looked down. "Wait."

August signed the sign-out sheet.

"I need to talk to you guys."

~~~~~

"We better get going." Sarah told Rhys.

"Where to? We don't even know where Victor lives." Rhys stated.

Sarah winked at him. "Leave that up to me." Rhys smiled at her.

"Um, Trudy?" Sarah interrupted her cooking.

"Yes, dearie?" Trudy turned around to look at her.

"I'm doing a project on..." Sarah thought, "Anubis House. And I guess the person who would know most about the house was the old caretaker, Victor Rodenmaar? My parents told me that he used to be the caretaker here, and he lived here for a while."

"A while? Well that's a bit of an understatement." Trudy chuckled.

"How so?" Sarah asked. "Why, Victor's been living here ever since he was a child! Along with Victor Rodenmaar Sr., and the Frobisher Smythes."

Sarah raised her eyebrows. What else did they lie about...or just didn't tell me? Sarah thought. "So, I was just wondering, do you know where Victor lives now?"

"Sure! He lives in an old people's home. A couple of blocks away from your school and this house...you won't miss it."

Sarah smiled. "Thank you, Trudy."

She mouthed, "Let's go.", to Rhys, and he followed her out. She signed the sign-out sheet along with Rhys and left.

Right outside of Anubis house, Sarah started fiddling with the Eye of Horus, and it glowed.

"Woah." Rhys said. They stopped at a bench. "You're doing it again."

"I'm not doing anything." Sarah looked down. "Oh...but why is it glowing?"

"That's my house."

"Did you hear that?" Sarah asked.

"Uh, I don't think so...it's a school."

She heard her mother's voice.

"No, that's my house." The old woman repeated.

"Okay, it's your house. Kind of suits you."

Sarah turned around to see two ghosts--one was her mother, Nina, and another was an old woman in a gown.

Sarah watched and heard their conversation. "Sarah?" Rhys asked.

"Um, maybe you could tell me where you really live and I could take you back?" Before the old woman could answer, Nina said, "Oh here, you'll get cold."

The old woman smiled, "It's you, isn't it?", she said softly. "I knew you would come."

"I'm sorry, I don't know-"

"Sarah! Sarah, my name is Sarah!"

Sarah came out of the trance she was in. "She named me after her." Sarah frowned.

"Who?" Rhys asked. "My mom, she named me 'Sarah' because of the woman she met 16 years ago! The woman, 'Sarah' she told my mom that she knew she would come. What does that mean?"

"Sarah, we have to go. Maybe Victor can answer all the questions you have. Now, what did you see?"

~~~~~

"Hey, Trudy. Where did Rhys and Sarah go?" Jax asked.

"Oh, they went to the old people's home a couple blocks away from your school and this house. Such a sweet couple."

Jax smirked.

"I have to go Trudy. Save me something for dinner!"

~~~~~

Leslie, Robert, and Riley sat on the couch together. "Where do you guys think Rhys and Sarah went? And Jax?" Riley wondered.

"They seem in on this house too. Maybe we should follow them?" Leslie suggested.

"I looked on the sign-out sheet and Jax, Rhys, and Sarah were going to the old people's home. But I don't know if Rhys and Sarah knew that he was following them." Robert stated.

"Time to find out! Let's go." Riley, Leslie, and Robert headed out the door, following Jax.

~~~~~

Arielle got out all the scrapbooks that she had ever made of her and August. She took off the bracelet that he bought for her. And she snatched all the pictures out the picture frame.

"It's time to move on." Arielle was going to throw the bracelet away first, but all she did with it was put it in her mattress.

She put all the pictures and scrapbooks. She got out her phone, and started deleting all the pictures she ever took. She sighed.

~~~~~

"Hello? We're looking for a man named Victor Rodenmaar?" Rhys asked the lady at the counter.

"Friend or relative?" The lady asked.

"Friend." Sarah answered.

The woman stepped out, and leaded the two to Victor.

When Sarah and Rhys saw Victor, they saw that he had dry gray hair, glasses, and insisting that nurse that she bring him his bird, Corbierre.

"Let me out of here! I am Victor Rodenmaar..." Victor stopped because he started to cough.

"Be careful. Mr. Rodenmaar has lost his sanity, so he's a bit out of it." The two nodded.

When the nurse came out, Jax was standing at the counter, too. "Can you please take me to where you just took those two kids to? I'm their friend, and I told them I would meet them here." Jax lied.

"Sorry, rules state that you have to name the person you're visiting." Jax's parents told him that Victor had lost his sanity, so it was easy for him to lie.

"Victor Rodenmaar."

"Well, two young people are visiting him right now, but you can wait in the waiting room." Jax nodded, and stared into Victor's room.

Then, Leslie, Robert, and Riley came up to the counter. "Victor Rodenmaar. Jr.? Waiting room." The nurse that they were there for the same reason the others were.

~~~~~

"Victor, do you remember what happened during your time at Anubis house?"

"The Chosen One is here!" Victor yelled. "The Chosen One?" Sarah asked.

"The Osirian...you must find the Osirian...your protector." Victor sighed. "Mine? I'm the Chosen One?"

"You are the Paragon. You have a pure heart...you must find your Osirian." Victor closed his eyes. "Mr. Rodenmaar?"

"He's still breathing. Let's go." Sarah and Rhys exited his room.

They saw Jax, Riley, Leslie, and Robert in the waiting room.

"What are you doing here?"

*******
In my eyes, this was a very long chapter. I'm going to be updating again today, it will probably take a while, but I will update again.

Will MacKenzie and Duncan start going out?

What is August going to talk to his parents about?

Who is Sarah's Osirian?

Sibuna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 5.2K 71
~ warning: this is actually cringy writing of fetus me so..~ Everyone in the Anubis house graduated and went off to college, but over the summer, Alf...
37.9K 1.2K 46
Returns, newbies, and Sibuna, oh my! When Nina and Amber return to Anubis House they should've known that the moment that they entered the doors of A...
44.6K 1.1K 69
Seems like even the old Sibunas have left the building, everything at the Anubis house is getting more intense, but what will the newbies do when the...
32.4K 1.3K 49
It's been two years since the defeat of Apep at the House of Horror. Two years since there's been any mystery that called for the Chosen One, Osirion...