Emotionally Incapable (Third...

By kryzme

Christine is engaged, but not to her true love. Her true love left 2 years ago to pursue his dream of traveli... More

Emotionally Incapable (Third Book to Politically Incorrect)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 11

304 13 2
By kryzme

Chapter 11

Katie

I felt my body being shifted on the bed and I managed to open my eyes to see Christine fixing my legs onto the bed. "I'm so sorry. Did I fall asleep?" I asked the obvious question.

"Yes, but it's my fault. I left you in here knowing how drunk you were." She answered sitting beside me and gently moving my hair away from my face. I felt guilty seeing as she wouldn't even be stuck up here with me if not for my stupid plan to distract her. But it seemed like it had worked as I vaguely remembered Greg's voice outside the door before passing out.

"No, I shouldn't have gotten so drunk." Christine shrugged.

"It's a Fiore party, you're supposed to get drunk."

"Fiore scares me." Christine let out a loud laugh at my admission and moved closer, pulling my head into her lap and playing with my hair.

"You poor, poor girl. Don't take it too personally. Fiore is who she is and that doesn't change for anyone. And she's especially protective of Chad." Christine looked thoughtful for a moment. "He's...sensitive and vulnerable. She's...wary of you." She said, seemingly searching for the correct word.

"Well, I'm "wary" of her." I said, using air quotes, though my arms felt very heavy.

"Plus, you're an American." Christine added flippantly. I frowned.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked, though I probably could guess a few reasons. Christine paused for a moment before answering.

"This isn't just any family in UK that you're getting involved with Katie. Not even just some wealthy family, or titled family. It's the royal family. You're not aware of the customs or how we do things here. That worries her a lot as well."

"It worries me too." I admitted.

"Well, just know that we all are here to help whenever you need it. And I'm always around to chat." I smiled.

"I appreciate that, Christine." I finally said, closing my eyes.

Chad

I headed upstairs to where Greg said Christine and Katie both were. According to him, Katie was out for the night. I grumbled as I walked down the hall to Christine's usual room. I had planned to romance Katie a little more tonight, but it seemed that was not in the stars. She had gotten pretty drunk after her talk with Fiore.

I let out a sigh at the thought of Fiore. She was still one of my few weaknesses. The way things had ended between us had been...disastrous. It wasn't a memory I liked to revisit, but was constantly reminded of whenever I saw her. We had resolved it in a way, meaning that we pretended that it wasn't a painful memory.

That was when I had gotten back into things with Anise. Fiore told me it had been a mistake and that she was not worth my time. But for some reason, she kept pulling me back in. It was just so good that I was always willing to overlook the bad. Also, Anise had a place in my past...something I couldn't seem to ignore when she came around.

I came to the room and gave a light knock before opening the door. Christine was cradling Katie's head in her lap and playing with her hair as they spoke, Katie with her eyes closed. "Hm...interesting." I said, folding my arms. Christine looked over to me and Katie opened her eyes, to see me watching them with a teasing expression. "Oh no, don't stop on my account. Please continue."

Christine grabbed a pillow and threw it at me. "Sicko!" She yelled at me, but the wide smile on her face let me know she was kidding as well. I moved over to the bed lying on the other side of Katie and she smiled over at me.

"I hear someone got drunk and passed out." I continued my playful tone and she giggled.

"I didn't mean to." She replied, and it took me a second to realize her clothes were different.

"What are you wearing?" I finally asked and they both let out a laugh.

"I changed her into one of my dresses." Christine explained.

"You might not get it back..." I said slowly, letting my finger trail down her neck to her exposed cleavage and Christine jumped out of the bed.

"Okay, that's my cue...Chad," She said her tone turning serious. I looked up. "Not in her house." She warned before leaving. I cleared my throat at her words.

I knew what she meant. Not in Fiore's house. She was right. I pulled Katie up and asked her if she could walk. She nodded, but her staggering told me that carrying her was a better idea. I guess my seduction plan would have to wait a little bit longer.

Lana

Once we got back to the palace, I still wasn't tired. The sight of our room made me stir crazy instantly. I looked over at Ian who was changing out of his clothes and sighed. "Ian," I sang. He looked over, confused. It was an expression I was used to seeing on him. It made me laugh at the thought. I was in one of my silky maternity numbers for bed, but it already felt too hot on me. This pregnancy was nothing like with Guili and I was worried, but I didn't want to worry Ian. He already worried so much.

"Are you trying to seduce me again, Miss Reed?" He asked and I laughed.

"Perhaps," I patted the spot next to me and he shook his head before laying down and leaning over me, pressing his lips to mine gently. His lips moved down my neck to my shoulder where he slowly pulled down the strap. He brushed his lips over my scar on my upper chest and nuzzled my neck, before resting his head there, letting out a long sigh. "What's wrong?"

"I love you, and I love Guili, and our new little one about to join us, but after this...no more." He finally said in an exhausted, vulnerable tone. He pulled away and looked me in the eye, meeting my confused eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I can't go through this again, and I won't put you through this again."

"Ian..." I started, but he interrupted before I could continue.

"Lana, you're off your anxiety medication, and your pain medication again. I see what it does to you. You can't hide the nightmares, the panic attacks, or the looks of pain you give when you try and lift that arm. Every time you get pregnant this is how it will be. You're suffering beneath that mask of yours and I want you to feel good again." I grimaced and looked away, failing at holding back the tears. I hadn't realized he'd noticed. The nightmares I had always dealt with, but the panic attacks had returned full force once I was off my medication. The pain in my shoulder was bearable, that much I would argue. I had dealt with it for years and I could continue to do so. I refused to let what happened to me stop me from building a family, but I had a feeling there was more to this than what Ian was telling me.

"What else?" I probed for more information and he let out another sigh.

"You're scaring me, Lana. Guili's birth was...more normal. Your pregnancy wasn't as dangerous. This whole bed rest thing, the possibility of early labor, the complications your doctor keeps relaying to us. It's making me uneasy."

"Ian, you're overreacting," I tried placating him but he shook his head, sitting up and looking down at me with a mixture of aggravation and fear.

"Don't tell me I'm overreacting, damnit!" He growled, and I pursed my lips angrily at his temper. "I've nearly lost you too many times, Lana!" He gripped my shoulders tightly, but not painfully. "I love you. I love you so much it hurts. Literally hurts Lana, because I'm terrified of what I would be if I lost you." His hands moved to cup my face as he rained soft kisses all over my face before pressing his lips to mine in a more passionate fashion. I moved to meet him and felt as his hands caressed down my arms and settled at my hips. I moved myself to push against him, and laughed when my pregnant belly accidentally pushed him backward. He joined in on my laughter and cupped my face once more. "Just, think about it, okay? We can be a happy little family with the four of us. I can't...I can't handle this all over again. I can't risk losing you."

I looked down and considered it. "Okay Ian, I'll think about it. Until then..." I met his gaze with a seductive look and he shook his head.

"No, no missy. Doctor's orders. You rest. No sexy time." I pouted but acquiesced once his lips met mine again. "Doctor didn't say I can't make out with you though." He mumbled against my lips and I giggled in response.

I allowed myself to melt into the man I love and pushed the negative thoughts away. Maybe he was right. Maybe it was safer to stop now. With another painful twinge in my belly I let out a gasp. Ian pulled away looking worried. "What's wrong?" I shook my head, putting on a quick smile.

"Nothing, I just love kissing you." I covered breathlessly, before pulling him back to me. I'm sure it was nothing anyway.

Fiore

I hoped Greg wasn't as thick as he was acting after giving him what hints I was willing to send his way. I saw Katie move into action and I kept them in my periphery until both Katie and Christine moved in the direction of the loo. Katie's method hadn't exactly been creative, but it was nonetheless effective.

I casually made my way over to Micah who had gone to pour himself another drink. He looked up to see who had approached him and seemed to jump once he noticed it was me. I smiled coyly at him. I hated that son of a bitch and I was going to make him suffer. I hadn't invited him and I didn't want him here. Tonight was going to be fun. "Nice party, Fiore." He started, looking around for where Christine had disappeared to.

"Thank you. I'm surprised you came back for one after you ruined the last one you came to." I answered coolly, but not enough to threaten. At least, not yet.

Micah ignored my statement and took a long sip from his drink before meeting my gaze. "How can I help you, Fiore?" He asked in a gruffer, less formal tone.

"You could die, that would make my life simpler. I have a lovely toaster that needs a bath. Or you could just go away and not return." I smiled sweetly, my eyes scanning the room. Katie had done a decent job with Christine and no one else was about to come to this wanker's rescue. I caught sight of Christine taking Katie upstairs and moved my gaze back to Micah, whose face had transformed into an angry grimace. "Aww, did I hurt your feelings?" I cooed. "Relax, it's a party. Even a piss poor excuse waste of human existence can have a little fun."

"Listen Fiore, whether you like it or not, Christine and I are getting married." He sneered. "Nothing's going to change that. You know for a fact she's head over heels for me and wants this marriage."

I couldn't hold back the giggle that escaped my lips. "Oh my dear, she's settled for you. Her prince charming went and broke her heart and you are her sloppy silver medal. And you will always be compared to him in her heart. How does it feel knowing you'll always be second place?"

"She told me she doesn't feel that way for him anymore." Micah sputtered, failing miserably at a witty retort. "You know the old Christine. I know the Christine she's grown into." He attempted.

I roared with laughter. "You think you know Christine? Would you really like to play this game? Okay then, very well. What is she actually afraid of? Who does she trust with all of her secrets? Do you think it's you? It's cute if you do. You think you know Christine, but I know I do. And I know you're not worthy to lick the bottom of her shoes clean after she's stepped in dog shit. You may be engaged for the moment, but don't for a second believe you're worthy of the incredible creature Christine is." I warned, my eyes narrowing. "Because when you screw up, and losers like you always do, I will be there to drop the guillotine first on your balls, then on your head."

I caught sight of Greg heading up the stairs after Christine and Katie, and was thankful that Greg wasn't as thick as Micah. If Micah had been smart he would've given up, but he continued to push. "Say whatever you want Fiore. She's mine now, and that's all I need." He even had the nerve to smile that smug smirk of his. I snorted.

"She belongs to no one. Christine is not one to be owned. And the fact that during this entire conversation, you have not once mentioned your love for her nor argued your worthiness of her just proves me right. Don't forget who whispers in His Majesty's ear. If he believes you aren't the right match for his beloved and only daughter, there's absolutely no way you will be married. You'll never convince her to elope, she's been planning a wedding since she knew what one was. And if you try, I will ruin you and everything good in your life." I smiled sweetly. "I love it when they think they're clever." I patted the top of his head like a dog and he shrunk back. "It's so cute when you act indignant.

I gave Micah a sweet smile. "Enjoy the party. It'd be a shame if something so spectacular were not enjoyed." I called over my shoulder as I sauntered off and asked Freddy, an old acquaintance, to keep Micah entertained.

Christine

I headed downstairs and met up with Micah who looked more than a little disgruntled, walking away from who I recognized as Freddy. "Hi Freddy!" I called and he waved with a smile before moving back into the kitchen. "What's wrong?" I asked Micah, his gloomy expression not fading, and he shook his head.

"Nothing. Is Katie okay?" He asked after clearing his throat and I nodded.

"A little drunk, but Chad has her now. Sorry I disappeared for so long." I wrapped my arms back around his waist, but I frowned when his body stiffened. "What's wrong?" I repeated and he cleared his throat, attempting to loosen up as he wrapped his arms around me as well.

"I'm sorry, just tired from today is all. I actually should be going though. I wanted to surprise you but I still have an early practice tomorrow."

"No, I understand." I let out a soft sigh before pressing my lips to his. At first he seemed hesitant, but all of a sudden our kiss turned into something far more fervent. He released me and kissed my nose softly before saying goodbye and heading off. I turned to see Greg standing with Eliza, wondering how long he'd been there. Had he seen that entire exchange?

I rolled my eyes at myself. What did I care if Greg had seen? Micah was my fiancé. Greg was just a friend now.

How many times would I have to tell myself that before I started to believe it?

Katie

I was confused at where we were going. This wasn't the direction of my apartment. Of that I was sure. We had left shortly after my passing out on the bed and after a quick goodbye to Fiore. Eliza and Greg said they would get a car to take them back and not to worry, and Ian had already gone home with Lana. "Where are we going?" I asked, sleepily.

"Well, Eliza has this ornate plan tonight concerning your neighbor and needs Greg's help and therefore doesn't want you in the apartment to ruin it all..."

"Hey!" I said, slightly offended.

"So I offered for you to come stay with me tonight." I cocked an eyebrow and he laughed. "I'll be a perfect gentleman, if that is what you wish milady."

"And if I wish something else?" I inquired, a smile forming on my lips.

"As you command." He continued our playful banter, his grin widening as well.

He parked the car in front of the hotel valet and came around to help me out. I avoided the curious gazes of the other hotel patrons due to my revealing attire as we made our way to the elevator. "So you live in the hotel then?" I asked, more than a little confused.

"I stay here sometimes. I have my own suite. I prefer it when I want some privacy." We made it to his suite and he led me to the couch, placing a glass of water beside me before excusing himself to make a phone call to the lobby. I could hear him as I sipped my water, asking them to send up...clothes?

"Please tell me you didn't ask them to bring me clothes." I groaned as he reentered the room. He looked taken aback for a moment before looking sheepish.

"I just thought you'd appreciate having something...more you to change into in the morning." I stood up and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, loving the feel of his hands caressing the small of my back and then moving lower.

"How thoughtful of you. You're like my knight in shining armor."

"How will you ever thank me?" He asked with a teasing tone.

"I can think of a few ways," I whispered before pressing my lips to his.

I hadn't planned on letting things go too far with Chad. But between the alcohol, him being so sweet and sexy and handsome all at once, I couldn't stop myself it seemed. I don't remember moving toward the bed, but I fell backwards onto the soft feather pillows as I felt the mattress at the back of my knees. Chad was quick to follow me, hovering just over me as his lips made me forget why I wanted to go slow.

We began hastily discarding clothing, me a little more clumsily due to my inebriated state. "You're so beautiful," I heard him hiss against my neck. I moved his lips back to mine and grinded my body against his, feeling impatient.

"Less talking, more kissing." I groaned as I flipped him over, straddling him. "Now, let me show you just how grateful I am, sir knight." 

__________________________________________________________________

See, I offered you action right? Bet you got confused and was like "ew, Ian and Lana action?" ^_~

Vote and comment my lovelies <3 Till next time :)    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709 4 39
A young girl lives in the forest all alone. No family, no friends and worst of all no memories. She just woke up one day lying on the forest floor. ...
79 0 23
Hope spent the last four years abroad, finishing High School and achieving more than she ever really cared to achieve. Now that she's home, she has t...
3.5K 231 20
Evie is no stranger to obligation. When you're born a princess, your every day is an obligation. Evie has grown up fulfilling requirements, being con...
16.7K 626 32
Keira has accepted Alex's proposal and she's ready to move on with her life. She has never been eager to become royalty, but she is willing to do wha...