lovestruck † hs

Od the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... Viac

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 48

1.9K 39 7
Od the1dfanfics

Rachel's POV

It took me so long to get Harry to finally take some damn medication for his illness, but he finally caved, and now after just a couple of days he's started to get better, thank goodness. Lucky for me, I've not caught whatever he had, and now that it's behind us, I'm hoping I won't.

Things since the best night of my life have been really good, much to my liking. Harry and I have only done things again twice, yesterday and the day we cuddled in bed after my dance class. He promised me we'd take it slow, and not rush into things if I don't feel too comfortable, which is completely fine by me, because this takes a lot of getting used to...

Plus, my poor Harry hasn't even been energetic enough for much, and it really takes a toll on him. I'm so glad he's getting back to normal. I haven't seen him all that much the past two days, between he staying home from being sick or forcing himself to the gym, and me, working and dancing my mornings and nights away. I spent one night at my cousins' flat since they felt I hadn't seen them in a while, of course them pushing me to spill the juicy gossip of the date. Then, I spent last night with Harry, both of us exhausted after trying things out again.

I had a longer shift this morning at the cafe since I don't have dance today, and I'm oddly glad I didn't have class today. The past classes this week have been...strange. Miss Wendy has been a bit snappier with me, calling me out on my mistakes much more often and she seems really angry. I'm glad she cancelled night practice today, because I think she and I both need a break.

"Rachel!" Hayley's voice takes me out of my thoughts, and I take out my headphones and rise from my bed to see what she needs in the kitchen.

I've been home since after work, a six hour shift I took from nine to three. Hayley has been off today while Jen left early in the morning for her internship, stopping by for a coffee at the cafe before she headed into the main city. So, for the whole day since I got off work, Hayley and I have spent some of the time together. Well, she's been annoying asking me inappropriate questions about Harry, so I left her and went to my room and decided it's time I start listening to Harry's music. That's what I've been doing for the last hour and a half almost, listening to his first album, Up All Night, over again to learn it.

I come out of my room and find Hayley grabbing her purse, completely changed into a cute dress and heels.

"Hayley?"

She turns to me, smiling as she puts her purse on her shoulder. "Damn, I called your name five times at least! I know Up All Night is great, but give your ears a rest from the headphones, love."

"Sorry..." I bite my lip, feeling guilty. She's right though, I can literally hear the way Harry's voice evolved in these songs compared to now. I'm already in love with his music, I love it so much.

"Well, I'm going out to the bar. I've been stuck here, you're in your room, and Jen working so long, I need to get out. So I'll be back late or tomorrow if anything happens, or early tonight if nothing happens." My cousin grabs her keys and heads for the door as I follow.

"If anything happens, as in, if a cute guy magically appears and asks for your number which results in you going out with him for the night?" I tease, leaning against the door.

She sighs, shaking her head and crossing her arms, clearly amused. "Come on, Rach, not all of us get our own famous, hot, completely perfect boyfriends with their dashing long hair and great body who give us gorgeously, meaningful necklaces and an amazing first time shag," Hayley laughs too hard when she stops her little point, but I know she's just joking.

I open the door for her and smile, "Touché. I can't argue with that. Have fun, and please be careful."

"Will do, love. Also, after the mail comes today, make sure you grab it please?"

I nod, closing the door for her after she leaves, walking back into my room to continue listening to One Direction's first album and lying down in peace, the best way to spend an afternoon.

This is my third time around on it, and there's a few that I've actually cried hearing some of the songs, never really relating so much to music. I've never been much into listening to music, my parents thinking it was a bit of a distraction, and I just grew not to care. I'd only hear it once in a while when I listened to the radio, which is how I started liking Ed Sheeran's voice, only hearing one song of course. Then I got into 5 Seconds of Summer, and now I'm into this, finally getting to experience the teenage, fangirling phase.

I never knew how much music and lyrics could really affect a person, seeping into your soul, saying the words you always wanted to say or always thought about. As an introverted girl, I've never been good with my words, very much incomparable to the novels I read and now songs I listen to. Music along with literature are great outlets to see your problems in other's words, something taken for granted by most people. The slow songs on this album are my most favorite because of that. Maybe I've turned into a cheesy, love song lover, who knows?

My phone beeps from a text and I pause the music, reading Harry's name on the screen causing a smile to grow on my lips.

Baby, can you be ready in thirty minutes?

I haven't seen Harry really at all today, just kissing him goodbye this morning before work and that's practically it. Hearing from him is giving me a bit of relief. But, his question is a bit weird..

I reply, Thirty minutes? Depends on what I have to get ready for and how sloppy I'm allowed to look.

Is this some surprise date? I feel like he would give me more of a notice than this. Thirty minutes from now is a bit after five, which would be a really early dinner...

My phone gets a new notification. You never look sloppy, Rachel. I'm going to the gym about ten minutes away from my flat with the lads. I want you to come, no effort in getting ready necessary. Please come?, his message reads.

To the gym, to train? Why? Well, I guess as long as I'm seeing him. Besides, Louis, Liam, and Niall are going to be there too. More time to get to know Harry's friends and Harry's hobbies, and of course to see him working out.

I guess I can be there in half an hour. I'm home alone and bored after all. I love you, Harry.

Quickly he responds: I love you more.

What should I wear? I mean, I don't know if I'm supposed to be working out too, or if I'm just there to be his company. I suppose it doesn't hurt to wear something comfortable but just not so casual.

I change out of my work clothes and into a pair of leggings, a sweatshirt, and a camisole for an undershirt, since it usually starts getting cold around five. My hair is still wavy from this morning, and my makeup still in tact. I may be going to a gym, but I can still look cute.

Once I'm out of the house, I curse mentally that Hayley took the car, forcing myself to have to walk to the gym. A taxi...is that a better idea? I know it would make Harry happier.

I end up calling the taxi service and getting a ride, it only coming out to about ten pounds. The gym parking lot still has some cars in it, but not as much, for a Sunday evening I guess. I step in, seeing some lean men and women walking around all worked out and fit, my self consciousness slipping by the second. That's what I hated about gyms, and that's why I struggled so much with my happiness about my looks and never became happy about it.

I receive some stares from the people around me, probably wondering why I'm dressed so weirdly and not all ready to workout. The people at the front desk try not to look at me as I feel like a fish out of water. I pull my purse strap higher on my shoulder and keep walking, hoping to find Harry soon.

"Can I help you?" One of the gym's employees appears right in front of me, and she, of course, is all skinny and perfect.

"Um, just looking for a friend," I tuck my hair behind my ear. I know I look stupid, and I sound crazy, like I'm at a bar instead of a gym.

She chuckles a bit, "Okay...let me know if I can help you then."

As soon as she steps out of the way I speed walk out of her view and into the main doors of the gym area. I find people running on treadmills, lifting weights I'd never be able to lift, but no Harry in sight. This place is huge, how am I supposed to find him?

I walk into a hallway, a few doors lining up the walls. I'm about to pull out my phone to text Harry when I hear a laugh, one that I know too familiar. Niall's.

In the second door, I look through the small window and see a huge room, like an extra gym practically, filled with machines, punching bags, and weights, and even a little boxing ring. It's probably a private room. The boys are inside, at least I can see Niall and Liam chatting by a small table with chairs and a refrigerator from where I'm at. Liam sets a water down before walking away and out of my sight again, probably to go work out.

Well, I know I'm in the right place. I open the door and step in, eyes searching for Harry immediately.

"Hello, miss? Can I help you?" A voice next to me makes me jump a bit and I turn to see a buff man with the sweetest smile next to me.

I return his smile to hopefully ease up to the guy. "Yeah, I'm looking for Harry?"

"Are you supposed to be here, love?" He's starting to get suspicious and I start to get a bit nervous.

"Yes sir, I'm Harry's—"

"Rachel!" Niall comes up behind me, wrapping his arm over my shoulder. He looks like he just got here himself and hasn't worked out just yet.

"Hey Niall," I giggle, turning to give him a hug. As he pulls me into his tight and excited embrace, I ask, "Do you know where Harry is by any chance?"

"Ah! You must be his girl, right?" The man asks, interrupting Niall from speaking. I turn around from Niall's hug back to him, Niall resting his arm against my shoulder.

"Yes, I guess he's told you about me?" I tuck my hair behind my ear, a little relieved I don't think I'm in trouble. Then I realize something. "I mean, lots of people have heard of me, I'm not much of a secret, I'm all over the news I've heard..." I mumble quietly to myself where Niall or this man can't hear me.

"Told me? Cheeky lad didn't have to tell me a thing! It was easy to know he had a girlfriend from how distracted and lovestruck he's been!" He laughs, then extends his polite hand. "Miss Rachel, I'm Mark, these idiots' trainer. I'm glad to finally meet you. Harry is over there, getting his strength back from being ill."

I follow his pointer finger and see Harry by a punching bag, drying himself off with a towel. His hair is up in his perfected buns, and he's dressed ever so casually in a tank and gym shorts. I see the headphones in his ears, completely in his own zone as Liam and Louis do their own thing around him, completely in their own world themselves. Harry is about to return to punching, getting in position, but he spots me and waves, taking his gloves off and headphones out before heading over.

"Hey angel," Harry greets as he makes his way over, taking me out of Niall's hold and right into a stuffy yet welcoming hug.

I wrap my arms around him. "Hey Harry, I missed you."

"Missed you too. Come on, let's get started, yeah?"

"Get started?" I look up at him, "Get started on what?"

"I'll show you," he takes my hand, squeezing it. "Mark, I'm going to be with her, alright?"

"No problem, Harry. It's Niall's turn for me to start him off. Keep eye on Liam and Louis, make sure they get three more reps on the weights." Mark waves us off with these instructions for Harry, and Niall takes his shirt off and throws it to the nearest bench, saying bye to me and following his trainer.

Harry leads me back to where he was before, surrounded by a bench, the boxing ring, and a couple more punching bags.

"Harry what are you up to?" I take my hand from his and cross my arms as he sips his water. "Are you trying to fight me?" I joke, causing him to laugh mid-gulp.

"No!" He giggles, "Though that gives me ideas, we can do that after a while of practice. I actually brought you here to train with me, so I can show you some stuff, maybe teach you some defense?"

"You want to teach me self-defense? This supposed to be your new idea of a date?" I tease, reaching over and pulling him by the waistband of his shorts to me.

Harry looks down at me, smirking as the gap between is closed.

"I think it's pretty similar to a date we could have anytime, making each other sweaty and tired in the end, just a different activity." He wriggles his eyebrows and I know if I look up I'll see his dimples as he's kissing my forehead. I smack his exposed arm, feeling the seriously toned muscles there.

Harry brought me here to work out? I've never been the athletic, work out type of people. Hence, why dance was my other option. This ought to be fun...

Harry must notice my apprehension, because he cups my chin gently and forces me to look in his eyes. "I'm just teaching you some of what I do, I want to show you. I...well, I would feel you would be safer.."

I thought there was another reason behind it. I wrap my arms around his waist, and bring our bodies together. Harry's hands play with the short ends of my hair and squeezes me tighter, and I just have to kiss him. He cares so much, more than I thought it was possible to be cared about, honestly. I lean up and meet our lips, kissing slow and soft, the exhaustion he has clear in the way our lips move together.

"Baby," Harry whispers into my mouth before pulling back. "If we don't stop kissing now, we won't get anything done, and end up in that back room behind us. Are you ready?"

I let go of his waist and put my bag down on a bench. If I'm working out, I'm going to have to get out of this sweatshirt. As I pull it over my head I hear Harry say, "Don't worry, I'm not making this a class or anything, I'm just teaching you basics. I'll make it fun, not hard."

"Fun, huh?" I throw my sweatshirt down, pulling down my camisole underneath. "How on earth is working out 'fun'?"

Harry leans forward, dragging me to him by my leggings waistband like I did his gym shorts to him, a cheeky grin covering his lips. "You said the same thing about birthdays, yet look how that turned out, hm?"

"Touché," I say again for the second time today. "I mean I guess I'm liking this so far, you and me talking, you in those hot shorts, showing off your muscles, no working out just yet..." I start to list off.

"And I can get used to you being so damn adorable, not wanting to work out, teasing me with these fucking leggings, and of course showing Niall what he missed out on." I follow his glance and see Niall looking over to me, before focusing back to Mark.

Not wanting him to tease Niall again, I change the subject, "So, are you going to start torturing me with exercise or what?"

"Alright, alright, Rachel. Let me get the tape."

Harry gets tape and wraps it around my hands like it is on his, a new experience. I really wish I didn't have to do this, I'm awful at it. Plus I've been having cramps lately, something he knows about from my complaining and a hilarious banter we had yesterday about it in fact, but lucky for me, my time of the month hasn't come just yet.

What I don't like, is that all I can think of is that all my life it seems I've never been allowed to fight back. Figuratively and very, very literally. Fighting back makes it all worse, I remember when I tried it once, physically and verbally, and now I'm learning how to physically. It's a little frightening.

"I got the smallest gloves I could find," Harry turns around and picks up a pair of really small boxing gloves. I reach to take them from him but he shocks me by putting them back. I'm about to speak when Harry answers my question for me, "We aren't starting with that yet. Not so fast, love."

"What are we doing then?"

"Stretching, exercising, just some basic work outs to get ready. Now drop and give me twenty push ups, love." He points down.

I raise my eyebrows, a smile forming on my lips as I cross my arms again. "Excuse me, Harry?"

"Come on, babe. It's for your own good."

I go ahead and follow his instructions, never realizing really how hard it is to actually do something so simple as twenty push ups when someone is staring at you so intensely. It takes me nearly two minutes, along with Harry's supportive comments to quell my nervous giggling. He helps me up and sends me off to my next assignment, and then the next, and I'm a sweating, ugly mess already. The perfect image of reasons why I don't workout.

"H..Harry..." I breathe, leaning over and resting my hands on my knees, trying to calm myself down as I step off the treadmill I'd been on for twenty minutes. "Do we have to keep doing this?"

"Rachel, you're doing so well, don't put yourself down." Harry comes to me, one hand behind his back. He places his hand gently on my back, rubbing it as my breathing becomes less heavy. "I've heard your mumbling, talking yourself down. Please don't do that."

I look up to him, Harry leaning down a little to get at my level. I reach over to him and wrap my arms around him, and he pulls me tightly to him, resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I just want you to be safe." Harry whispers, brushing his fingertips over my arms.

"I know." I do know, and I want to be too.

Harry steps back and shows me he's got the gloves in his hands. "Ready to try?"

I nod, stepping forward and taking them from him. I slide them on, the really tight feeling odd on my hands, and a bit uncomfortable.

"I know you aren't into this much, but I want you to try hitting me before anything so heavy like the punching bag, alright?"

I take a step back. I don't know how I feel about hitting him. He's far from the guy I want to hit, the guy who actually deserves it. "Harry, I don't want to hurt you, I don't know.."

"Baby, I can take it," he laughs, placing his hands on both of my hips and pulling me closer to him. "Hit me, as hard as you can. As much as you want to from all this work out I made you do. Come on, Rach."

He's probably right, there's no way my strength could amount to much to harm him, especially from how tired I am. And...he deserves a little for making me sore as hell. So, I'll give it all I got.

"You're on then," I challenge. Harry invites me onto the small boxing ring, a little grin noticeable on his lips as he gets onto it. "Here's for all the stupid push ups," I climb onto the platform, "sit ups, squats--"

"Which were incredibly hot to watch," Harry comments.

I shake my head as I go through the ropes. "The stupid jumping jacks, stretches.."

"Also lovely to watch you touch your toes from behind in those leggings," I feet his hands smack my bum lightly while I stand upright.

"And you top it off with twenty minutes on the treadmill? Now that's just evil."

Harry laughs again, the sound filling my ears with joy. "You don't like working out, do you?"

"Hate it," I giggle, before running to him and throwing a punch to his chest, barely causing him to stumble.

"Again!" he tells me.

I punch him again and again, earning the same response, and same request. I hit him harder, I think, but it's just the same response, and a much more tired me. Liam and Louis come by, cheering me on. Just an audience to watch me fail.

"Come on, princess, you are a strong girl; the strongest girl I know. C'mon! Picture me as someone, something you hate. Let me have it!" Harry pushes me harder, encouraging me on. I notice he's even sweating, though I'm way worse.

And looking into those green, gorgeous eyes that I adore, I replace them with the brown eyes I despise, the ones I always saw when punches were thrown at me, that haunt me in my sleep. Those eyes made me the broken thing I am, the weak, afraid girl that I see in the mirror. I get my arms into position, and I throw out another punch, impacting him more as he stumbles further back.

Harry places his hand to his chest, wincing out in pain as he tries to stand up straight. "R-Rachel...damn."

"Harry!" I rush to him and try to take off the gloves, throwing them off as soon as they get loose. I place my hand over his on his chest. "Harry, I'm so sorry I didn't want to hurt you. I--AH!" Harry shocks me when he trips me and we both fall to the floor, I landing on top of him.

I look down and he smiles brightly at me, raising his hand and tucking loose strands behind my ear.

"Got you, love."

"You tricked me?!" I gasp, swatting at him as he laughs, Louis and Liam's laughs ringing in the space around us too. "You literally worried me that I was like some secret hulk or something! I thought I hurt you! Or that you got mysteriously weak!"

Harry throws his head back, laying his head on the platform in laughter. "I'm sorry! But hey, that was a good hit. Right lads?" We turn to them and I nearly forgot Liam and Louis were watching..me lying on top of him...

"Definitely!" Liam agrees, "It looked like a strong hit to me."

"You're doing really well, love," Louis says, nodding his head.

"See?" Harry grabs my attention back to him. "You really did improve. And tricking you was the best part."

"Why you little..." I slip my hand up his shirt and the one that the boys can't see in his shorts, tickling and teasing, causing Harry to laugh and start tickling me right in the worst spot, my side. I squeal and hear the boys laughing at us.

"Rach--Rachel!" Harry yells, laughing so loud as I tickle him more, squeezing his upper thigh as he pokes at my side even more.

"Seems you two are having fun, eh?" I hear Niall's voice linger in the laughs around us, and Harry and I both stop, and I sit myself up on his lap.

"Yeah, quite the workout," I breathe out. I slide off Harry and help him up. We walk and climb off of the ring, joining the boys.

"I saw you punchin' the shit out of Harry! You looked pretty tough," Niall does that brightening laugh.

"Well I thought I was doing much worse," I roll my eyes, turning to Harry.

"Baby, I'm telling you, it was very good for a first practice." Harry pulls me into his arms, peppering my neck with kisses, and probably trying to show off to Niall.

Liam speaks first, "Harry's right, I think you did well."

"Thanks guys," I feel myself blush at all the attention coming toward me.

After a moment of silence, Harry speaks. "Well, I'm going to take her home. I think we've both worked ourselves out?"

"I'll say..." I take my sweatshirt and purse, then I take Harry's hand he's held out to me.

He and I say our goodbyes and head out of the gym, earning some stares. Oddly, there's no paparazzi out waiting for him, but that's for the better. Once we enter his car, Harry turns to me.

"Want to..stay at my place again?"

Of course I do. "I'd love to, but I need to go to my place, get some clothes, because I'll have to shower at your place, and oh! I need to get the mail for Hayley."

Soon enough, Harry and I make it to my place and I get the mail, which is full to the max, and we go in. I check the clock, 7:30 p.m.

"I'm going to pack an overnight bag, and we can get on our way," I tell him before hurrying to my room to get pajamas, items for my unpredictable time of the month, and undergarments.

After a few minutes of packing, I'm nearly done, my stomach growling from hunger and my body sore and cramping.

Harry's voice rings through the halls. "Rachel?"

"Coming!" I respond, grabbing my bag and leaving my room to the living area.

"There's a letter for you." Harry informs me as I pack up my phone and charger.

"Really? From who?"

"It's, it's from the university."

I freeze, currents of nervousness running through my veins and I feel myself grow still.

"R–Read it for me. Just, spill the news. No sugar coating it. Tell me."

I hear the sound of the envelope opening, my heart beating louder. I shut my eyes, my back to Harry, and try to calm myself down despite the fact my future of education is being read by my boyfriend. Either I've been accepted or not, it's fifty fifty. It's quiet for a few moments, before I hear Harry place the letter back on the kitchen counter.

"Well?"

I feel his presence near me and I get pulled into his very warm embrace. To me, it feels like a solemn hug.

"I knew you could do it."

Oh my gosh. "What?" I turn and face him. "Don't you lie to me. Did I—"

"Mhm," he nods, a contagious smile gracing his features.

"Oh Harry! Holy crap!" I attack him, my arms around his neck. Harry spins me around, kissing me proudly.

"I'm so damn proud of you. Rachel, you made me so proud today, you always do. Everything paid off, all your hard work, stress, worry. You, my ambitious, beautiful girl."

Harry's thumb swipes underneath my eye, wiping away a tear I didn't even catch escape. Everything he just said, every single word, is something I've only dreamt of hearing. I have made someone genuinely proud, and could not be more grateful.

"Thank you," I whisper, hugging him with all the love I can bear.

After a few minutes, I calm down and Harry pulls back from the hug as do I.

He reaches behind me and grabs the overnight bag from the sofa. "Let's go, we can get something to eat, whatever you want, and relax at home, yes?"

And with that, Harry and I grab a take out pizza for our celebration dinner. We get to his flat and eat, sprawled over each other on the couch just indulging in our dinner and the conversation quite bubbly between the both of us, ranging from my new school acceptance, to the gym, to even an event I hadn't even realized was tomorrow.

"I thought it was coming up soon, but tomorrow is quite soon," I place my plate on the coffee table, definitely full. I ate probably every calorie I lost.

"Yeah, tomorrow is the anniversary of when we met. I remembered today, and I've got lovely plans for tomorrow."

"Do you now?" I tease, taking his plate off his lap and setting it down next to mine before crawling over his thighs and straddling there. "Does it involve working out? If so, count me out..."

"Not quite, but speaking of working out, we are doing that more often you know."

I don't want to fight him on it, as much as I seriously, passionately hate it. I know he wants me to be safe and learn to protect myself, and I secretly want it too, but it's a little nerve racking, the whole, fighting back thing.

"I know. I also know I love you. Thank you for being proud of me, supporting me, and for caring." I wrap my arms around his neck, so used to running my hands through his hair but since it's picked up, I can't.

"I always will, you can count on me for anything. I'm here for you, and I love you." Harry coos, and I lean in to kiss him, but after a few seconds I pull away.

"Okay, if we are continuing that kiss any further, we have to shower. We smell like gross workout smell. Sweaty and...and disgusting." I feel absolutely gross too. I hate feeling this way, another reason why I stick to dancing. It so doesn't do this to you.

I notice the smirk on Harry's lips, but before I can ask about it, he replies, "Alright then, love," Harry stands up, carrying me bridal style and I let out a yelp. "Let's go shower then..."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

427K 9.8K 45
Avery Martin is a smart 18-year-old with a boyfriend of one year, two rich parents, and goes to an Ivy League school. As disaster strikes between her...
17.9K 1K 90
♡♡♡ "Every one called her Doll , everyone thought she was crazy. Everyone made fun of her, everyone thought she was a murderer but no one had proof t...
562 49 11
it's undeniable bond, yes, they both know that. but will harry hit two birds with one stone?
309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc