The Chosen.

By laurenfarrell1234

Kite and her people are the production of thousands of years of change after earth was destroyed and re-born... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 14

29 2 1
By laurenfarrell1234

The Elder Tree loomed into sight too quickly, I wanted more time with Daniel. I liked it just being us, it felt better that way. I stole a quick glance at him again, his eyes were still shining with delight and a large childish grin parted his tainted full lips. His mopped hair was wind-swept and wild. The sight of him made me heart swell in my chest. He was so happy, I don’t want this picture to change. His eyes darted from what was in front of him to me, I blushed at being caught staring. His eyes softened and his smile transformed into a warm, gentle grin. He really was breath taking.

I dragged my eyes away from him and looked at the Elder Tree that was now in landing distance. I started rolling my wings back and flapping them against the wind to stop myself. Daniel watched me contently as his eagle found an appropriate landing place. I let my feet touch the large branch that I had landed on the first time I had visited the Council and tucked my wings neatly behind my back. So much has changed since then.. Daniel, Falcon and Harris. My heart constricted at the thought of my brother’s beaten look when I left him. I shook my head and pushed the thought a side. This is Daniel’s night I scolded myself. I walked to the familiar entrance to the Council’s Chambers and waited for Daniel. I gazed out onto the surrounding fields, the long grass swayed gently as the wind’s soft breeze caressed the strand and the sun’s dying glow reddened the sky and warmed my skin. Did I notice the world was this beautiful before Daniel?

“Ready?” Daniel’s voice pulled me out of reverie as I turned around to look at him, his hair was a mess sticking up in all directions. I let out a nervous giggle and walked over towards him and placed my hand on his hair and smoothed out his misbehaving hair. I had to stand on my toes to reach the top of his head, I was close enough to him to feel the heat emanating through his thin shirt and feel his emerald eyes take me in. His wet lips twitched into a smile as I tried repeatedly to smooth a stubborn piece of hair. I felt my lips widen in response. I make him smile.

Once the stubborn piece of chocolate brown hair was tamed, I let my fingers glide through the back of his hair and onto the back of his neck. I felt his large hands rest on my hips, my breath hitched at the delicious tingle of electricity that sparked through my body. My heart was thundering against my chest, trying to get closer to him. He leaned closer towards me and slightly parted his lips, I closed my eyes in anticipation only to be interrupted by the disapproving growl from Manx who was leaning against the curve of the entrance to the Chamber. His arms folded across his chest and his head cocked to one side. His black eyes consumed me with a disapproving look and his mouth was set into a thin, hard line.

“Inside. Now.” He growled at the both of us. I couldn’t help the grin stretching across my face as my cheeks burned scarlet. I released the back of Daniel’s neck and looked down at my feet awkwardly in an attempt to hide my smile. Daniel shifted to my side and snaked his arm around the back of my waist, I could feel his frame vibrate from the laughter he was trying to contain.

“Yes, Sir.” He responded sweetly, too sweetly. And pulled me with him into the warm glow of the Council Chamber. A gasp escaped my surprised lips as I looked around the transformed room. Small flowers decorated the ceiling and cascaded down the walls, their scent was heavenly. The room has a soft glow from the candles that burned in cut-away holes in the walls of the chambers. Large tables held food and beverages, a feast fit for a King. People hovered around the room needlessly second checking that everything was perfect. Daniel tightened his grip on my waist and I looked up into his gleaming, green eyes.

“Beautiful.” He smiled gently, his voice liquidating my insides.

“Yes, they did a great job on the room.” I returned his smile, my voice a little raspy.

He leaned closer to me and rested his lips beside my ear and kissed my earlobe gently.

“I wasn’t talking about the room.” He purred and leaned back and enjoyed the sight of my reddening cheeks and darkened eyes. I bit down on my bottom lip to stop myself from drooling.

I stole another greedy glance up to his eyes and found them rested on my bottom lip, hungry and wanting. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip and watched intently as his green eyes darkened and I heard a slight groan deep in his throat. Two can play that game.

I looked away from him with a triumphant smile and watched as a long blonde haired, long-legged, light blue winged woman strolled confidently towards us. She had a slim body and sharp features, baby-blue eyes glued to Daniel for a moment too long. She smiled at him with perfectly reddened lips and sparkling white teeth. I shrunk into Daniel’s side as he gave her a friendly smile in return. I took a moment to look at what she was wearing, a long blue gown that had a slit up the side of her leg. My eyes narrowed disapprovingly.

“This is our savour? I feel redeemed already.” She purred through her scarlet lips. Her eyes looking over Daniel once more. She diverted her eyes from him for a quick moment to give me a stern nod and a slightly hostile look.

“My name is Wren. I organised this celebration and I am so very pleased you could attend.” She moved closer to Daniel and I could feel him shift uncomfortably beside me, I looked up to him and seen his eyes trying to avoid her seducing gaze. His jaw was clenched and his smile was clearly fake. He doesn’t want her! She’s making him uncomfortable. My mind rejoiced.

I straightened myself and took a step towards her and was met by her surprised and menacing glare. I turned the edges of my lips up and grabbed Daniel’s hand. My wings slightly out spread showing signs of dominance. My whole body radiated back off.

She finally got the message as she took a step back and the heat and venom dissolved from her eyes. She looked at me apologetically and only took a slight glance at Daniel. I couldn’t help the smug grin that painted my face.

“I’m pleased you could both attend.” She quickly corrected herself. She looked down at her Blue high heels and shifted nervously under my glare. Good.

She looked up at me once again and gave a humble smile, her eyes soft and submissive. I remained impassive and waited for her to leave.

“If you would follow me Kite, we can get you fitted for your outfit.” She whimpered, looking at me expectantly. I looked at Daniel, his eyes bright and surprised at me. I gave him a warm smile and gently squeezed his hand. He gave my hand a little pressure in return.

“What about Daniel?” I asked Wren, a sharp tone dominating my voice.

“Manx will be helping him to prepare.” She replied nervously. Just then, Manx appeared by Daniel’s side. He was dressed in a black jacket and formal pants. I smiled inwardly as he scratched the collar of his white shirt.

“Let’s go Kid.” He nodded towards Daniel and with a warm smile and slight squeeze of my hand he let go and followed Manx. I watched him leave and felt that familiar pull towards him making me want to follow him. I resisted the urge and looked at Wren once more as she gave me a tight smile and walked off expecting me to follow her. I sighed but followed.

A few moments later I was dressed in a beautiful silk green dress that had a low cut back and split down my front just covering my breasts and widening at my stomach area before reattaching at my navel, my shoes were a slightly deeper green that didn’t have that high of a heel but the laces wrapped around up to my knee cap. The dress was quite revealing, but I did look attractive. My curled hair cascaded down one shoulder looking like a red waterfall. I didn’t want to admit it but Wren did my make up to perfection, my eyes were smoky and seductive, my lips a deep blood red and my cheeks had a natural warm blush in them. Once she was done she smiled approvingly at me and waited for me to turn away from the mirror. I peeled my eyes away from the seductive figure in the mirror and followed Wren back into the main Chamber. I hope he likes this.

I stopped in my tracks as I arrived back into the main Chamber, the room was swamped with people. Joyful music filled the room along with happy chatter of people conversing. And in every conversation I could hear the name “Daniel”. I took a deep breath and plunged into the mass of people, trying to find Daniel. I bumped into a few people and whispered an apology. Where is he? A few more moments passed before I started to get worried. I bumped into what felt like a wall, I gave yet another apology and started walking in the opposite direction. But before I could take my step, a cold hard hand clamped onto my forearm. The touch sent shivers down my spine. I could feel all the blood drain from my face as I looked at the body attached to the arm. Blood-red eyes glared down at me from the pale and menacing face that haunted me.

“Falcon.” I gasped under my breath.

His thin lips curved into a devilish smile and his eyes narrowed as he looked over me. I squirmed under his intense glare.

“Don’t you look ravishing.” He purred and pulled me in closer to him. I tried to protest but my legs suddenly felt very shaky.

“Let’s dance Kite, I’ve missed you. “ He said as he dragged me out towards the dance floor. His black wings twitched in excitement. Daniel. Where’s Daniel? My mind raced frantically trying to find his face in the crowd. I searched for those beautiful green eyes, that mop of brown hair but nothing! Please be ok. I prayed.

Falcon stopped in the middle of the dance floor where other couples were already dancing, the music had turned to a slow and passionate dance. He wrapped one arm around my back and rested his hand on the small of my back touching exposed skin. I felt yet another shiver travel down my spine. He held out his other hand and waited for me to put mine in his, I started to back away from him when he scratched his nails across the small of my back and with a gasp of pain I put my hand in his and rested my other hand on his shoulder. His lips twitched at my reaction. I looked at him, he was wearing a black suit with not a thread of colour in it. His blazing red eyes bore into mine once again as he took a step towards me and started the dance. I followed him as we moved in a circle around the dance floor.

“You made me very angry, Kite. You shouldn’t have left me.” He sighed, looking exasperated. I noticed dark circles under his eyes. Not sleeping?

“You’ll never leave me again. You’re mine.” He growled leaning in closer to my ear. I could feel my throat go dry and my heart slamming against my chest.

“I’ll scream.” I whimpered through my quivering lips. He pulled back and his face turned to stone, his eyes flamed full of anger.

“Try it. And it will be the last thing you ever do. I’ll kill that miserable excuse of a being right here, right now.” He snarled through gritted teeth. The music began to slow as the song approached the end, I couldn’t move any more. My body frozen from fear, fear for Daniel.

Suddenly, Falcon pushed me back as he dipped me to the ground. His wings spread out over his shoulders engulfing me. His face leaned in closer to me as he grasped my jaw and steadied it.

“No.” I whispered, my voice barely audible. I felt his lips crash into mine as I struggled to get away from him, but I couldn’t move from his grip on my face. I grabbed his bottom lip with my teeth and bit down as hard as I could. With a groan he released his grip on my face and lifted me back up sharply. I could taste the metallic blood in my mouth and gagged as I released him. His hands whipped to his mouth and cradled his now bloodied mouth. He smiled a lunatic smile, his teeth covered in blood. His eyes fiery and wanting. I took two hasty steps back and crashed into a warm body, I looked behind me to stare into Daniel’s hurt and angered green eyes. Oh no. His brow furrowed as he took my bottom lip and traced his thumb over the stained blood. His jaw locked and his body tensed and stiffened. His eyes darted towards Falcon who was glaring him with pure and utter hatred. He’ll kill him! My mind snapped me out of my daze.

I pushed myself in front of Daniel and spread my wings protectively in front of him. I moved my hand down to the garter that I insisted on attaching to carry my knife and took it out. Pointing it towards Falcon.

“Falcon! Leave!” I snarled at him, I felt Daniel try to move past me but I pushed him back with a simple flick of my powerful wing. As the rest of the crowd realised who the intruder was, they all backed away from the three of us creating a large circle. Shock and fear was paved on my peoples face. The Council’s guard suddenly appeared beside me, and pointed large pikes at Falcon.

With a bemused look, and the blood still dripping from his lip onto the floor he lifted himself up with one pump of his wings.

“I’ll be back for you Kite. And to kill that human!” He screamed and darted out the entrance and melted into the eerie darkness of the night.

I ran over to the small pools of blood that were left on the floor and knelt down and tore off a piece of my dress and scrapped the precious droplets onto the piece of cloth. My nose might not be strong enough to track him down… but maybe someone who owns a wolf.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 15 27
There are ten different species of earth, and they all hate one another. So, when the gods get word of all the tyranny, they choose a representative...
97.3K 821 3
"Do I have the right to ask a question?" he asked, controlling his anger. He was trying to stay calm, but his anger was still visible. Aadya could on...
1.3K 65 15
"Love can make us more stronger and braver, but at the same time love can make us weak" The second daughter of the moon queen met the one who she wil...
7.5K 239 25
Hi, My name is Aiyana. I was raised by an ordinary wolf pack. I always knew I was different but I truly didn't know how different I was until I met...