Chapter 3

A shiver ran down my spine. Noway, it's not me. I wasn't the Chosen one!

Verreaux had finally come out of his short coma of shock. A large, creepy grin stretched from each side of his cheeks. His glistening eyes stared at me in awe. I looked around to the rest of the table. Each of their faces mimicked Verreaux's, except for Manx. I was actually a little grateful. I squirmed under attention, I felt like something being poked at in a jar. 

The room seemed like it was beginning to shrink. 

"You must be mistaken, I am nothing but a hunter." I gulped looking at Manx's stern frown to ground me.

"We must council this further, Brothers." Manx said bitterly looking around at the table of what seemed like drunken fools. 

Verreaux rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Very well, Manx. Go my child, and we shall send for you once we have decided." He looked at me with a warm smile. 

I gave an awkward bow/curtsy and walked out of the room with haste. 

Letting the cool air brush my face and wake me from the state of shock I was in, I spread my wings and took off. I would go to Harris's house, I couldn't keep this from him. And to be honest I wanted to see if this sounded insane to anyone except me.

I pressed my wings at a faster pace, taking advantage of the light winds that pushed me forward. I could see his home form here, similiar to mine it was just a hut built on the branches of a tree. I landed and folded my wings behind my back. 

"Harris?" I called out into the vacant home. I looked to the sky, the sun was at its highest point. He must still be out on his shift as guard.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked in, he wouldn't mind.

His home was very messy with sheets of paper spread across the floor and bed. I picked them up and piled them into one corner of the house. 

"Jeez Harris, you're such a pig." I growled under my breath.

As I snatched the paper that was on his bed something caught my eye. The Odisse's sign of a human skull with a dagger sticking through it was placed at the top of the paper. Why did Harris have it?

Brother Harris,

                          The human has been found. Locate him and retrieve him. Do not fail us.

                          -O

I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing! My own brother! part of the Odisse...A flash of heat ran through my veins. Anger and betrayal drowned my body. My wings stood out and tense. 

I turned quick on my heel and ran into a wall. I blinked and stumbled back, I looked up to see the familiar eyes of my brother. He laughed at me as I tried to regain my stance. He looked down and saw the parchment in my hands. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" He hissed snatching the paper out of my hand through narrow eyes and a furrowed brow.

"What am I doing? What are you doing! The Odisse Harris, The Odisse!" I snarled hitting his chest with a hard punch. 

He stumbled back slightly and gave a low growl. 

"I know who they are Kite, I'm not stupid." He spat at me

I huffed, was he hearing the same insane person I was hearing?

"How could you do this, to your people...and to me?" I sighed biting back tears. I bit my lip to stop it quivering.