Chapter 7

I didn't have the strength to peel my eyelids open. Instead I let my other senses strengthen. My skin told me that I was lying on something soft and warm, and had coarse fur. Unfamiliar scents alerted me, I was never in this place before. I could hear slight mumbling in the distance. I couldn't make out the words. 

The sound of a door opening forced me to lift my tired eyelids, my vision was cloudy and dizzy. The back of my head was stiff and I could tell there was a horrid bruise forming. A tall, strong man wearing a black coat and large, grey wings strolled in with his hands folded behind his back. He looked me over with a cool, pale face and bright red eyes. I tried to inch away from him, but my body was too weak. 

He sat beside me on the wooden bed which was covered with a bear rug. His frightening eyes looking down at me. His thin lips curved into a smile. He looked about twenty or thirty. He could possibly be younger, but it was hard to tell from the dark circles under his eyes.

"How are you this morning?" he asked through a husky voice. 

I couldn't answer him, my throat was too dry. Not that I would answer him. I had no doubt I was in the presence of a member of the Odisee. 

"Are you mute? Answer me!" He growled, trying to keep his face composed. He grabbed a lump of my auburn hair and tugged it violently. 

I winced as I felt strands pull from my scalp. 

"I'm fine!" I cried. My throat burning. 

He let go and repositioned his hands on his lap. Grinning once again. His black shaggy hair a little messy.

"Ah, amazing. The chosen speaks." He teased, sarcasm oozing in his voice. 

I nodded, I didn't know how I could reply to that with words. 

"Do you know who I am?" He asked, his wings shifting. 

"No." I replied honestly, I looked over his features once again. The pale skin and black clothes were the only things that told me he was part of the Odisee. Other than that, I had no idea who he was. 

"My father, died a couple of days ago. His name was Albatross. I am his son." He sighed, frustrated. His brow creasing slightly.

The name sent shivers down my spine. Albatross was the leader of the Odisee, a cruel and hateful man. Feared by many, and afraid of nobody. I prayed his son did not bear his father's traits.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I mumbled. Uncertain of what he was going to do. 

"Haha, you know too well! Your precious little human is what killed him.." He trailed off, shaking in anger. His grey wings shuttering. 

I sat up, the room span for a moment. Then making contact with his devilish eyes I wiped away all fear that might have been displayed on my face.

"What do you mean?" I asked, genuinely interested. I truly didn't care that Albatross was dead. In fact, I was rather happy. But I wanted to know how Daniel had 'elegedly' killed him. 

"When the human came into being, my father seen him...in his thoughts. But he couldn't sustain it. Then he was...gone." He choked out, I seen pain cross his face. This was his father, It must be a hard time for him. 

I snapped out of feeling bad for him. This was ridiculous, he captured me! I shouldn't feel the slightest bit of remorse for him.

It hit me, his father had died from what nearly killed me. Seeing Daniel, It stopped my wings from working and I was a few seconds from death. Was his father some sort of Chosen as well? Questions rolled in my head. 

"I am Falcon, and you are my prisoner. You can be released when you give us the location of that wretched being." He spat, standing and beginning to exit. His hands folded behind his back as were his wings. 

"Do not call him that!" I snarled, jumping to my feet. Anger once again boiling in my blood, I glared at the back of his head. Hoping that I might burn a whole through it. 

His wings curled out and turned around, His thin lip pulled over his teeth. He let out a terrible shout. Then spread his wings out and lunged forward. 

I gasped for a moment and stepped out of the way of his path. He hit the pale wall like a train. He turned to me, Fury written all over his face. He wen to hti me a right hook, but I blocked it and instinctively smashed my closed fist into his face. Hearing a satisfying crunch from his nose. He stumbled back moaning, stretching his two hands to his face to catch the flow of blood emerging from his nose. 

I stepped back up, oh God, he's going to kill me! 

He looked up at me from his crouched position. Some of the blood had dried and settled on his face, the colour matched his eyes. He was truly frightening. Defiantly had his father's genes.

I stood my ground, hoping he wouldn't smell the fear wreaking from my shaking body. 

A crazy laugh echoed in the small, square room. I looked around looking for help. My wings rustling with frustration. I hated being in confined spaces. 

"Feisty! I like that Kite. Your brother has told me all about you." He laughed, stepping closer to me. I wanted to step back, but his daring eyes threatened me not to. 

He grabbed a strand of my red hair and twisted it in his fingers playfully. He leaned in closer to me, I could feel his breath fanning my face.

I cringed, I wanted Daniel. I need him right now. 

"Let's hope that fire of yours, doen't burn out." Falcon whispered in my ear. 

I shivered with disgust. He walked out of the room and slammed the large, iron door. 

I ran over to the bed and sat on it, wrapping my arms around my legs I let my emotions spill. Large tears rolled down my face, as I choked for breath. How could Harris do this to me? I did nothing to deserve this from him! I hated him with every fibre of my soul. 

Kite? Daniel's sweet voice chimed in the back of my mind. I could feel concern creeping into his voice.

Daniel! Are you safe? Stay with Manx and go home! I cried. 

Kite, I'm not leaving, where are you? He asked with a slight frustration. 

The Odisee have me, tell Manx that he has to bring you home. You're not safe anymore. I could feel a fresh wave of tears burn in my eyes as I realised I have failed Daniel, I was meant to keep him safe. I couldn't even manage that! 

I'm so sorry Daniel. I sighed as I disconnected from him. My heart ached, I would rot here forever. Never to see his face again, never to see those piercing green eyes.

I curled into a ball and lay down on my side on the fur rug. A whole burned in my chest, I tried to stop the pain by pinning my knees against my torso. 

Nobody came in, a tray of food was passed underneath the door. Consisting of an iron cup filled with water and some cold meat. I didn't move from my position. The thought of food made my stomach lurch.

I let the darkness that consumed my body spread to my mind and fell into a deep, coma-like sleep. 

That night, I heard no sweet voice from Daniel saying good night to me. I was alone with my own terrible thoughts.