Chapter 11

His warm embrace was too short, I wanted more. He pulled away and firmly put his hands on my hips. I inspected his face, so beautiful. His green eyes luminous even in this dreadful night. His eyebrows bunched together in concern, his thumb running over my hip that was jutting out. I had lost a lot of weight from being held captive in Falcon's home, from refusing to eat. 

Daniel's jaw locked, his lip twitched into a hard line. He swallowed hard and closed his eyes, I could feel his grip on me getting tighter. I looked at him trying to figure out what was wrong, he looked angry. I averted my eyes, looked down and hoped he wasn't angry at me. I did fail him after all, I wasn't the one who brought him home safely. As was my purpose. 

I could feel unbidden tears trail down my cheek, a lump forming in my throat. My chest trying to contain the sobs that were building inside me. Through blurred vision, I saw Daniel's disfigured green eyes looking at me. His hand went to my cheek and he pulled me closer to him. His other hand wrapped around my frail shoulders, digging his face into my hair. 

"I'm so sorry." He whispered to me through a jagged intake of breathe. I was so confused, why was he apologising to me? He did no wrong. 

"What are you talking about?" I croaked, confusion crackling in my voice. 

"I should have gone to you, I should have taken you from that monster. What did he do to you?" He growled, pulling me back so I could see his burning green eyes and his tensed shoulders. 

My heart started to race, I had never seen him like this. He was a God, I was nothing. What if he killed me? I shuddered and tried to break his stare. My breathing becoming short and hurried. I turned and backed up to my bed. Grabbing the wooden edges with my nimble fingers, I slowly sat myself down on the sack I used as a duvet. My body alert, and frightened. I glanced up at him again through thick eyelashes. 

He looked hurt, his tall elegant body slightly curved over himself. His strong arms linked behind his head. He took a step towards me and my body tensed. I didn't want him to hurt me. I didn't dare look at him, I wasn't worthy. He was soon in front of me, he dropped to his knees in front of me. His arms flopped to his sides. My eyes darted up to make sure he was OK, his eyes were soft and his crimson lips parted and I could see he was trying to say something. 

I watched him for a few moments, his struggle for words making me feel less frightened. Maybe he wouldn't hit me? 

"Kite, why do you look so scared of me? It kills me." He whispered, his normally silky voice strained.

"You...you're human. I don't know how you act." I responded honestly, this species was alien to me and my people. 

"Well it's the same for me, I don't what your customs are either. This is all new to me, and I need you to help me. But I would never hurt you." His voice pleaded with me, his eyes serious and sincere. 

As the word 'help' drifted from his lips I snapped my head towards him, my body eager to please him and my mind willing to help him in anyway. I would never turn my back on him, I would always protect him. I suppose he was right, we were both new to eachother. These strange feelings were new, exciting and also terrafying. I don't know if I could manage without him.

"Well then, why were you angry earlier?" I asked, confused. 

"Because the thoughts of you and Falcon...sickens me." He snarled, that anger returning to his gorgeous features. He was worried about me? He was mad at Falcon? But it was my job to protect him not the other way around.

I put my hand to his face, he seemed to crumble under my touch. His features melted into a soft, gentle pose. His jade eyes consuming me soul, if If had one. My heart began to pick up an alarming pace, my skin tingling and hyper-sensitive. I could feel his hot breathe warm my face. I traced my fingers down to his throat, feeling his beautiful pulse. I wrapped my senses in the comfort of his scent, his heart-beat and the heat emanating from his body. What was happening to me? I was hungry, and it wasn't for food.