Playing for Keeps[Kingx#1] [C...

By BailyNorton

Highest ranking: #1 in teen fiction. I though I knew Archer McCarty. The controlling, stubborn bad boy w... More

IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter14
Chapter15
Chapter16
Chapter17
Chapter18
Chapter19
Chapter 20
NOTICE + ABOUT THE ADS
Chapter21
Chapter 22
chapter23
Chapter 24
Chapter25
Pics of characters
Chapter26
Chapter27
Chapter28
Chapter29
Chapter30
Chapter31
Chapter32
Chapter33
Chapter34
New book-Cinderella's sister(not an update)
Chapter35
Chapter36
Chapter37
Chapter38
Chapter39
Chapter40
Chapter41
Chapter42
Chapter 43
Chapter44
Chapter45
Chapter46
Chapter47
Chapter48
Chapter49
Chapter50
Chapter52
Chapter53
Chapter54
Chapter55
Chapter56
Chapter57
Chapter58
Chapter59
Chapter60
Chapter61
Chapter62
Chapter63
EPILOGUE
Kane's Book

Chapter51

195K 5.3K 1K
By BailyNorton

ELLIE LAY AWAKE WONDERING what she should do about the plan. She wondered if should come clean. But, what about Isaac? Ellie might have settled the dispute between her and Archer but she wasn't alone in making the plan. She told Isaac that she would help him but she hadn't.

What if she finds clues of what Archer had done to Isaac's sister and it was as bad as Isaac had said. Would it matter?

Truth is Ellie knew it wouldn't. Once you fall for someone, you accept them as they are and not what they have done or have not. There's no falling back up even if she find faults. She had shown her vulnerability to Archer, telling him that she thinks that she wasn't brave like she wished to be (she now blame it on her specific hormone that comes out during a particular time of a month). She remembered Archer's response. She knew what he meant. He meant it doesn't matter if she's strong or weak. He'll always be there for her anyway. And she liked that sound a lot.

But, what if Archer hates her when he knows about the plan? More importantly what would happen to them after the whole plan's done?

Surely, it would end things between them. She don't want that. She wants to be with Archer.

Maybe she should ignore Isaac or keep pretending that she's searching what he wants but can't find it. But, that would be totally selfish of her. She can't think of herself only. Isaac is one of the reasons behind her happiness with Archer and settling all the misunderstanding between them. If Isaac hadn't suggested the plan, she'll still be hating Archer and never learn his side of the story.

Ellie was confused. She should do the right thing and meet Isaac. She just can't pretend that the plan doesn't exist. Maybe she can convince Isaac to forgive Archer as there might be some misunderstanding too. If he agrees to stop the plan, she can selfishly keep the plan to herself and pretend like it never happens. It's against her every instinct to cheat herself but she would gladly do it over and over again just to be with him. Now she understands when people meant when they say you would go to the debts of the earth and taints and fool yourself just for someone you love. She truly doesn't mind if her feelings for Archer taints her or if it's bad for her.

ELLIE SAT OUT on the park bench waiting for Isaac, they agreed to meet up her. She looked around and watched children playing, and dogs guided by their owner. She just doesn't enjoy the view anymore, she was so nervous. She wished that she could escape from all of these and go home, maybe Archer will come over and she'll curl up against him and watch movies like they usually do.

As she thought of many possibilities of ways she could escape the mess she's in, she felt a hand clamp firmly on her shoulder. She quickly stood up to meet him.

"Isaa-" she paused when she saw who it was. "You!"

"Nice to meet you again, pretty girl" the guy who warned her nights ago! He was grinning at her. He still gave off that weird vibe of his. Ellie took a step back.

"Sit down, will you? You don't want to attract attention"

"I-I'm meeting someone. He'll be here soon"

He chuckled "It won't take long, I'm here to offer you a deal you might be interested in"

He circles the bench and settled himself down casually on it. Ellie hesitatingly did the same and sat.

"I don't think I'll be interested" one 'deal' leads her here so she definitely doesn't need more to make it more complicated than it already is.

"Hear out first, will you? You remember the night Archer got ambush by some guys and even get lots of cuts?"

Ellie frowned while thinking back. Then, she remembered. It was the night she first tended him! Why was the strange guy...then it struck her,

"You're one of them, aren't you?" she turned her upper body to face him. He was just smiling, that pissed her off "That was so low! Isn't it against the rules to fight out of rink? You can't win inside so you decided to play unfair?"

"Careful honey" he warned

"We both know it's true" she stated. "The authorities will eliminate whoever you stand for"

"Do you have proof it was us?"

She parsed her lips as she knew she can't do a damn thing about it. She pushed all the fear aside and kept on glaring the guy who hurts her man.

"Archer will win" she said confidently.

"That's why I'm here. You already know we don't play fair so Archer could get in even worse situation. Who knows what will happen to his leg?"

Ellie gasped before grinding her jaws, "If you dare-"

"Hold on, kitty cat. I'm not finish. Your dear Archer, if he keep on winning, he will fight against our guy in the future. We want you to come to us that night" Ellie scowled "Archer already have enough sponsorship offers, we can't let that go on. If you don't make up your mind soon, as I've said he could get a lot worse"

"What does his fight have to do with me?" she frowned, she wouldn't go in any way but she wondered where she comes in.

"He'll get distracted enough if he sees you with us so we won't have to hurt him. It'll make it easier for both of us. He's going to lose either way"

The man's crazy, why would she do something that would make Archer loose. But, she thought about the last sentence, they're going to so everything they can to make him loose. "Archer will do everything he can to win"

"Pretty girl, you have no idea what you do to him, huh?"

That makes Ellie's thought wandered. Why would it distract Archer enough if she's on the side of the rink? Isn't it still the same? What if they do something really bad to Archer if she don't agree? She had played Archer in the first place so if she help this guy and prevent Archer from getting hurt, will it be enough to repay Archer? It will be like helping Archer too. Surely, Archer wouldn't just loose because he sees her on the other side? What situation is she getting into again! The guy seems really serious about hurting Archer. They had tried stabbing him last time. So, what would happen next?

"You don't have to answer right away" the guy stood, "I'll find you again when you make up your mind"

Ellie watch the guy walked off.

After a few minutes, she saw Isaac running in her direction, "Whoa, Ellie you are early! I thought I'd be early by 5 mins! Have you been waiting for long?"

Should she inform Isaac about the guy? But it wasn't really his concern so she decided not to.

"No" she lied.

Isaac sat at the same spot the other guy had, "So?" he asks. She told him she wanted to tell him something on the phone.

"Isaac, about your sister. I've been searching in his home for that disk you talked about. I've crossed boundaries. Are you sure Archer did it?"

His smiling face instantly darkens, "You've fallen for him, haven't you"

Ellie couldn't answer him so she averted her gaze away from him.

"You have" he says, "Exactly what happens to her. I love my sister so why would you doubt it? Did Archer promised you things or say sweet things to melt your heart and go possessive all around you, making you feel wanted?" Ellie's eyes widen.

"That's exactly what he did to her too. Don't you see Ellie? That's what he wants! He makes girls feel protected and making them want to hold on to him! Now he's doing all those thing to you"

That left Ellie dumbstruck, he described the things Archer made her feel. The thought of Archer doing those things to others too hurts her. Even if Archer doesn't feel strong for her as she had for him, she had come to learn that Archer wasn't the type to take things as far as Isaac had said.

"I know he might not even feel the same way but Archer isn't what he appears to be! He's just a big man with a...child soul inside. He's like a petulant child. Stubborn and always intent on getting what he wants but that's just it. From what I know now, he'd gone through a lot. Even if he's mean, he's honest about it. He wouldn't lie to anyone. He'd admit it. What if we just ask him straight about it? I'm sure he will-"

"It's not fair, Ellie! You saw what he and his friends did to me" he shouts, shutting her up, "You've fallen for him so you forgave him and decided to forget your revenge? Fine with me. But what about mine? You assure me that you'll do it for me. I trusted you!" he took deep breaths as Ellie looked at him with wide eyes. She'd never seen him this angry.

"Let's talk about this another day. Before I say thing I can't take back. Just...please, finish the plan then we'll forget all about it."

Ellie walked home after him, Isaac was right. It definitely wasn't fair for him. But, if Isaac could just see past through the hard exterior of Archer, she knows things will be easier for everyone. But, she also knew it wasn't easy because, Archer don't let his guard down. He softened up to her only because they dated. Still, he hadn't opened his mind to her. He stated his feelings clear but he hadn't let her in. He won't show her what's really up in his head. He dodge her questions about why he never talks of his family, why didn't he own any kind of pictures or something related that would give her clue about him or why was he so afraid of closed spaces? She never stopped to think about them because she didn't want to get close to the place where he doesn't want her. But now, she truly cares for him so it made her ten times more curious than before.

Archer always fills her with warmth but she tried talking about those things, he pushed her away. Leaving her feel somehow estrange. She had passed through the guards but had not passed through the barrier he built up around his himself. Elle only hope that he'll let her walk through that barrier someday.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N: What do you think of this chapter? Will Ellie take 'ANOTHER' deal?

FAQ: (From previous chap) No pun intended when Archer said, 'It's okay even if you are weak', as Ellie have said above, he just meant that it doesn't matter to him if she's weak or not as in it doesn't change the way he feels.

But, if you don't like Archer wants to think that he call her 'weak' you can too^^, am totally cool with it lol because I used to dislike heroes from some books too.

Beautiful cover made by:

I know I keep on changing the cover and I want to tell you why. There are lots of amazing readers who make beautiful covers for me. I don't want to choose and I want to expose them all. So, I'll use them at least once^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

759K 14.8K 31
Warning ⚠️ I wrote this book when I was 13, you have been warned I walked up to her and pushed her to my chest. "I think you should stop flirting wi...
1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
6.2M 222K 62
"If you turn your back to me again, you better be bending over, sweetheart." *** Everyone warns you about boys who go looking for troubles, who have...
3.6M 127K 43
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Asher Pryce hides...