VAMPIRE'S DRAGON

By chaneybob

Minnow's life changed in a instant. One minute she was a care free teenager, the next she's confronted with v... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Ten

425 22 1
By chaneybob

The towns and cities flew by as I dosed on and off for the next fifteen hours I didn't know where we were as everything was blurred together. We finally stopped as I had to go to the bathroom and so did the wolf, I didn't want to say his name it was to personal. After what I just did with him the less personal the better.

I waited this time for my mom to go to the restroom with me, I was surprised to see how clean the 7-elevens bathroom was. I splashed water on my face and gargled some water. I should have brought my toothbrush in but when you have to pee really bad your brain doesn't think of other things like hygiene. I redid my hair as it was all messy from sleep.

My mom knocked on the door telling me it was time to head out, I checked my hair one last time and went to leave.

I couldn't get the bathroom door open, I heard something slide under the floor, I looked down and saw a connivence pack of Bounce dryer sheets. I was just about to bang on the door and ask her what was going on when a slip of paper came under the door and stopped at my feet. I picked it up opened it, it read. WOLVES, INSIDE 7-ELEVEN. I backed away from the door grabbed the small pack of dryer sheets, there were only four in the pack but that would have to do. I wish I brought the box of dryer sheets in with me that I brought from Jamie's uncles house, but like I said before you never think properly when you have to pee.

I rubbed the sheets all over my body even under my clothes, I ran one through my hair which I had put back into a ponytail as I wanted the smell on as much of me as possible. I would rather have to fix my hair a thousand times then be caught by wolves, good or bad. I put the sheets I used in my shorts pocket placing one in each pocket and I put two in the back pockets as well. I would never buy a pair of pants that didn't have pockets again, so long yoga pants, I thought as I stood staring at the door. I waited for another note or a small knock on the door to make sure everything was okay but when nothing came I leaned against the wall, I wasn't even going to try the handle as it seemed safer in here.

When a loud knock finally came I was surprised to hear a voice and it wasn't my mothers. "Are you almost done in there, I've been waiting for ten minutes."

Shocked that the person on the other side of the door wasn't my mom, I pushed myself away from the wall and opened the door. I walked out and a young girl not much older then me moved off the wall she was leaning on, pushed past me as she entered the bathroom. "About time, don't you know it's bad manners to spray yourself with perfume in a public washroom." She said as she slammed the door in my face.

I moved down the short hallway quickly looking for my mom as I entered the main area of the store, but she was nowhere to be seen. My stomach started to tighten and I knew there had to be werewolves in the store. My skin was starting to crawl so I knew that one of them was focusing in on me. I made my way to the exit that was now only twenty steps away.

"Excuse me young lady but your uncle left his bag of groceries on the counter, can you make sure he gets it." I stopped praying he wasn't talking to me but when I heard him walking around the counter I turned to meet him half way with my best smile on my face. I could still feel eyes on me and my stomach muscles were getting tighter so now many wolf eyes were on me and I was starting to sweat.

"Here," The man said as he handed me the bag, it was heavier then it looked and I almost dropped it. "I think he didn't realize that I put his stuff in two separate bags. I saw you get out of the car with your mom earlier so I knew you all belonged together, at first I thought you two were brother and sister until he said he was your uncle when I asked him ."

"Thank you very much." I said wanting to get out of the store before the persons watching me started to get more interested. "Thanks again." I said as I turned to the door, I managed to push open the door when a large hand landed on top of mine. I let out a shriek and I jumped backwards slamming into a large wall that wasn't there before and I just knew it was one of the wolves that had been watching me. When our hands touched I felt his beast stir or that's what I think it was, I quickly pulled my hand out from under his then looked to the car which thank god was still parked in front of same gas meter. My mom was casually leaning against the car watching me and slightly nodded her head.

"Sorry, darling let me get that door for you. I didn't mean to scare you." The hand pushed the door open further and I had no choice but to turn around and say something.

"That's very kind of you." I said as I stepped through the door turning towards his outstretched arm and looking up at his face, he was smiling down at me and I smiled back. I turned around and went straight to my mom who already had the passenger side door open waiting for me.

"Get in honey we have to pick up uncle Gerry a block up at the hardware store."

"Okay," I said as I climbed in and buckled my seat belt, my mom walked around the front of the car and waved to the man who I presumed was still watching us. She got in started the engine and pulled slowly out of the parking lot, we were both quiet until we rounded a corner and was out of view of the 7-eleven.

"Crawl in the back, honey."

"Okay," I said not bothering to question her, I unbuckled my seat belt and crawled in the back buckled up then leaned back into the leather seat.

"Mom, I think that man at the entrance and the girl at the restroom were Werewolves, I don't think they were the only ones." My mom turned back and looked at me.

"Minnow you have no idea, hopefully they were just local Were's. Now lets go get Jaquine."

Jack or I should say Wolf was really at a hardware store, he put in some new dents into his glove box when he found out about the Werewolves we ran into. He asked to smell my hand so I held it out for him to smell but he didn't know the scent.

"It's good that I don't recognize the scent, if I did we would be in a lot of trouble right now. Either way I don't think we should stop tonight."

So that's what we did, we didn't stop driving for eight hours but of course I had to pee again but this time he pulled over to the side of the road, thankfully my mom brought a roll of toilet paper with her. With in five minutes we were on the road again. Apparently vampires don't need to pee and werewolves have bladders the size of Texas. When I was peeing my mom and Jack traded places so I knew we wouldn't be stopping for a long time.

-------------

We drove for ten hours straight and I was starting to get anxious and my legs were cramping and I was in a all around horrible mood.

"Are we going to stop soon?"

"Yes honey, I'm sorry I forgot you probably need to get out and stretch."

"And you don't."

"No," they both answered at once.

"I wasn't asking you Wolf."

"Minnow," The way my mom said my name I knew she wanted me to apologize but there was no way. I wasn't a child, if I didn't want to talk to him I didn't have too. I sat up and stretched my arms and I caught his eye in the rearview mirror, he winked at me. I sneered at him then looked away and that's when the back of my ear went in full itch mode. My eyes flicked back to the rear view mirror and he was smiling at me, 'Asshole,' I mouthed at him but all that did was make him laugh.

"What's so funny?" My mom asked opening her eyes.

"Nothing, I was just thinking I have an itch to scratch."

"And you think that's funny."

"Yeah, I can't seem to reach it, it gets itchier and itchier by the second."

"I miss being itchy." My mom said as she rubbed her hands together.

"Why?" I asked refusing to scratch behind my ear even though it is driving me nuts.

"I'm not sure."

"You getting itchy, Minnow." Jack asked and we locked eyes in the mirror.

"No, just because your itchy doesn't mean I am." I said giving him a dirty look.

"I scratched your itch earlier will you scratch mine." The look he gave me in the mirror made my cheeks redden and I looked away.

"Jaquine, watch it, she's not eighteen yet and just because I let you help her earlier doesn't mean I will let you again." He looked over at my mom.

"Oh, course Sydney but I do have a itch in the middle of my back. If I lean forward she should be able to reach it."

"Here, use this," My mom said handing him a back scratcher out of her carry on bag, I wonder what else she has there. I thought as I watched Jack take the back scratcher from my mother.

"Thank you," he said as he used it on his back looking at me the whole time in the mirror.

"Feel good Wolf."

"If you insist on calling me Wolf, I will have to show you how this Dragon likes it." Ooopps totally forgot he wasn't a wolf but a dragon, how was I to remember that with all the talk and everything else wolf. I forgot he wasn't one.

"You forgot didn't you."

"Maybe," I said turning away from the mirror and laying down and stared at the car head liner, the mark behind my ear flared up again and I scratched it softly. "Sorry." I said just loud enough for him and my mom to hear and the itch calmed down, great he has more control over my body then I do.

"I'll pull over at the next rest stop and we will stretch for awhile, I need to make several phone call any way." He said loud enough for me to hear.

"Good, I need to call your father, I'm starting to get worried. I haven't heard from him in twelve hours."

"I'm sure he's fine Sydney."

"Thank you, Jaquine."

"Yeah, mom everything will be fine." I said from my prone position, I just wished I believed it myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 12.2K 37
A girl who is taken in by a werewolf shifter family at birth has just moved to a new town in a new state. Even though she can't be part of the pack s...
294K 16.5K 28
Lucy doesn't have any memories from when she was a child. All she remembers is the boy who saved her life, after she had been attack by a vampire. Y...
121 2 19
I sat down next to her and cried on her. "Don't leave," was all I managed when I noticed she wasn't breathing. I didn't want to believe she just die...
1.6K 21 4
Little known fact about being a werewolf: There are always wolves at your door and some of them are up to no good. Chloe Weiss' dreams have finally c...