Piano Man (Sequel to Isn't S...

By singtomesoftly

After Sarah and Harry's fairytale wedding becomes a nightmare, Sarah ends up raising her two children, Robby... More

Piano Man - Prologue
Piano Man - Chapter 1
Piano Man - Chapter 2
Piano Man - Chapter 3
Piano Man - Chapter 4
Piano Man - Chapter 5
Piano Man - Chapter 6
Piano Man - Chapter 7
Piano Man - Chapter 8
Piano Man - Chapter 9
Piano Man - Chapter 10
Piano Man - Chapter 11
Piano Man - Chapter 12
Piano Man - Chapter 13
Piano Man - Chapter 14
Piano Man -Chapter 15
Piano Man - Chapter 17
Piano Man - Chapter 18
Piano Man - Chapter 19
Piano Man - Chapter 20
Piano Man - Chapter 21
Piano Man - Chapter 22
Piano Man - Chapter 23
Piano Man - Chapter 24
Piano Man - Chapter 25
Piano Man - Chapter 26
Piano Man - Chapter 27
Piano Man - Chapter 28
Piano Man - Chapter 29
Epilogue

Piano Man - Chapter 16

2.8K 94 15
By singtomesoftly

“I swear” Robby insisted as he typed quickly into the google search bar. “I heard that song before when I was searching for dad a few years back” He explained. Everyone else had went to sleep or settled down watching a movie in the living room, but after I told Robby about the man at the bar singing the song, he insisted that it was secretly apart of my dad’s very complicated puzzle. “Here, I told you” he stated proudly. “It was the song he sang for his audition” he added and then pressed play. I watched as this catchy tune appeared on the screen as well, a presenter who was talking about all the auditions that day. Then the scene changed to an empty stage in which four judges sat in front of. Then shortly a medium height curly haired boy made his way out on the stage wearing a grey cardigan and a dull green scarf. He looked nervous, but he answered their questions. I watched as my dad was probably around my age and was in the middle of making his dream come true.

Once the familiar music  started playing and his voice echoed around the room, I knew Robby was right. There was more to the man at the bar just singing it for me, he had to know how much it meant to my father, and must of known my father when he was that age. Through the many of the stories though no one mentioned a Michael, not any of the boys, my mom or any of the research that my brother and I had put into it.  We did find one Michael related to my father, who was in a band that toured with my dad’s, but with the help of google we found out that he was still doing a bit of music in Australia. Which raised a question in my head-was Michael  really who he said he was? I didn’t want to raise any alarms or get anyone to excited but my intuition told me, and it might just be a wild card, that Michael was my dad. Who else would know as much about him as Michael does, and is the only person that has seen my father recently. “Should we tell the adults?” Robby asked spinning the computer chair around.

“I think we should keep this to ourselves, just for a bit”  I hesitated, I didn’t want Robby to ask why. I wanted to look into this long shot a little bit more before I told anyone even Noah. “If he is willing to open up to me, I wouldn’t want to jeopardize them scaring him away” I partially lied.

“Okay”Robby yawned. “I’m going to go to bed, you should go and try to talk to Michael again tomorrow, who knows how long he will be in town for” he added as he walked up the stairs.”I love you Darc”

“I love you too” I raised my voice only enough so he could hear it from the top of the stairs.

“I’m flattered” someone joked from behind me. I turned around to see Noah leaning on the doorway smirking.

“Hardy har har, you are so funny” I sarcastically replied.

“I know that’s why you love me” he replied. “What are you looking at?” He walked up and looked at the computer screen.

“Just stuff relating to my dad” I explained, and quickly exited the screen.

“Do you know what I think you need to do?” Noah asked raising an eyebrow.

“Not really, but something tells me you’re going to tell me anyways” I laughed.

“What do you think?” I turned to him.

“I think you should take your mind off your dad for a bit” he leaned down over top of my shoulder, as I sat still in the computer chair.

“And how do you think I should do that?” I asked a little bit curious to his ideas. I turned slightly more to look at him, and he just smiled. He leaned over more and placed his hand underneath my chin with his thumb on it. He gently slid his thumb across my chin as he leaned closer. I knew what he was thinking and as much as I wanted to kiss him, my mind couldn’t let the thought of his special friendship with Nour out of my mind, but before I could respond his lips pressed against mine. He pulled away, but only a tiny bit, his warm breath brushing against my lips. I looked up at him while taking a deep breath,wrapped my hand around the back of his head pulling our lips back together. His lips caressed mine gently, moving with mine. My body relaxed at the safe feeling his kiss gave me, causing my lips to part, and Noah to act upon it. When his tongue ran along my lips, I pulled away.

“I’m sorry” I apologized, and got up making my way upstairs. Noah’s kiss was so soft and gentle, but all I could think about was him and Nour kissing. Noah wasn’t who I originally thought he was, I had to rememeber he was a teenage boy full of hormones, and if I let him kiss me and then go back to Nour he would take advantage of it. I quickly changed into my pajamas and then crawled into bed.  I didn’t want to wake up tomorrow to face Noah, and part of believed if I fell into a deep enough sleep I wouldn’t have to.

I was never one for confrontation which is why I woke up early knowing that Noah wouldn’t be awake yet. I went down the stairs quietly, and greeted everyone who was awake at the breakfast table, which consisted of the wives and Callie.

“Want to come play with me?” She asked

“Cal she just woke up” Perrie hushed her. “ Do you want coffee or anything?” she asked getting up.

“Perrie” Shawna stated. “Sit down, you’re a guest too”

“Sorry it’s an instinct” Perrie blushed slightly.

“I’m good, I was actually going to go to the bar” Shawna looked at me confused. “Ed wanted me in early to teach me a few things” I lied. I just wanted to get there as soon as possible so I  wouldn’t miss Michael as well as avoiding Noah.

“Just let me get Noah up, he can drive you” Shawna stated and went to go get Noah.

“No! I mean it’s fine” I explained.”I was going to walk there for a bit of exercise”I made up another lie. “That’s actually why I am up so early” I smiled.

“Okay, be safe” Shawna smiled back, and I walked out of the dining room. I stepped outside and there was a nice cool breeze, along with the smell of dew. It  was one of my favourite smells, it was so fresh, cool and calming. I walked swiftly knowing that it would take sometime to get there, but I also knew I did need some time to think. I was never good at confrontation and after thinking about it I needed to confront both Michael and Noah. I needed to ask Michael how he knew all this information that even his best mates don’t know, and if he is my dad. Just thinking about this gave me butterflies, but confronting Michael was the easy one. Confronting Noah was the thought that made me feel sick. I really liked Noah, and it kind of hurt that maybe he didn’t like me enough back to just like me. I needed to tell Noah how I feel about him, and then tell him that it is me or Nour. That was the part my that me even more nervous. What if I poured my heart out to him and his decision was simple, that he liked Nour. I shook the horrible thoughts out of my head. I need to think positive, and clear minded going in to talking to Michael. It would be hard not to think about Noah, but finding my dad was the first priority.

I continued to walk along the country roads, taking in all the scents and scenery. It was all breathtaking, as the sun was finishing rising lightly touching everything. The birds were chirping and I could hear the windmills spinning in the distance. It all faded though as I got closer to town and instead of fields were small buildings, with the sounds of cars and people making their way to work with their morning coffees. Eventually I was at the bar, which had just open. I opened the door signalling the bell and looked around the empty room. Ed came out of his office. “Darcy!”he greeted me. “What are you doing here, especially so early? You don’t work today” he asked.

“I was hoping to talk to Michael” I stated shyly.

“Ahh good ole Michael and his tales” Ed chuckled. “He should be here soon, he gets here the same time everyday”  he added. I didn’t want to tell him I knew that because it is a little strange to know someone you hardly know work schedule. I turned around quickly as the bell on the door rang, to see Michael walking through. “Speak of the devil” Ed chuckled. Michael looked a surprised to see me.

“Early shift today?” he asked

“Actually she came to talk to you” Ed  answered him for me. “I’ll leave you two to it, but can I get you anything?” Ed offered.

“No thanks” I answered for the both of us. I also wanted to talk to Michael in the morning, before he could get any alcohol in his system. I walked over and sat down at the closest table and smiled at Michael signalling him to come sit with me.

“What can I do for you today love?”he asked smiling at me.

“I had a few more questions for you today” I stated shyly.

“Anything for you” he replied.

“ The song you sang last night...that was the song that my dad sang at his x-factor audition where he became part of One Direction” I stated.

“It was actually  the song he sang at your grandmother’s  funeral”  he replied and then his eyes widened. “ That’s why he chose it for his audition, that’s what he told me anyways” Michael explained.

“I was just wondering when you meant my dad. I mean none of his best friends know this stuff about him, you too must have been really close”

“We were close but I mean any of this information you can find of google. It is a known fact, One Direction use to be the worlds number one boyband. Nothing about them was a secret” he stated.

“I couldn’t find it online” I accused him slightly. Michael started tapping his foot.

“On the other hand Ed I could use something to drink” he shouted to the back.

“No!” I stated and then blushed. “ I mean, I just need you to answer these questions when you’re sober” I tried to explain without offending him.

“I think you asked enough questions today” Michael replied. “It’s early and I’m tired” he then stated sweetly. “Come back another time and I’ll answer all your questions” he smiled. I knew I needed to ask him one more question.

“Just one more?” I begged

“Fine” he agreed leaning forward.

“You aren’t my father aren’t you? I mean you know so much about hi-”

“Darcy I know not knowing your father is hard and  it would be easier for me to say yes,but I can’t. I am not your father as much as I would like for you to know him, I can’t change the facts.” he stated. “I’ve got to go to the bathroom, excuse me” he added as he got up and made his way to the bathrooms. I tried hard to keep the tears in my eyes and not show how hard I was trying to keep my body from shaking as I left the bar. I was foolish to think that some random guy at a bar was my father. My dad had been off the grid forever it would be stupid of him to give it all up to sing at a bar and have a simple conversation with his daughter. I walked down the street trying to contain my emotions, I wish I was home already so i could just go up to my room and cry and by home I didn’t mean Niall’s, I wanted my room, with my stuff and my best friends. The tears started to fall down my face, blurring my vision and stuffing up my nose.I ignored everything going on around

me determined to make it back to Niall’s as soon as possible.

A honking vehicle finally got my attention, causing me to turn around. I turned my head to see the all too familiar old truck from Niall’s far, with Noah behind the wheel. Part of me felt relief and the other part of me felt sick.Obviously confrontation wasn’t going very well for me. I walked up to the truck and opened the passenger’s door climbing in, while trying to keep my face down to hide my tears.

“Wow you were really lost in your thoughts weren’t you” Noah asked, not noticing that I was upset.

“Mhm” I replied.

“My mom said you came to work early today, but I know you had the day off” he stated while driving but then pulled the truck over. He put his hand on my lap causing me to look up at him with my tear filled eyes. “What’s wrong Darcy?” he asked rubbing his hand on my thighs. I immediately hit it off of me.  “I’m sorry?” Noah half apologized and half asked. “Did I do something wrong? I mean last night. you also pushed me away. I kind of thought you like me” he explained. I wasn’t going to confront Noah. My plan was to sit quietly until we got home and then go straight to my room but Noah was pushing me towards confronting him.

“I do like you...” I started to explain and then stopped.

“So why do you keep pushing me away?” he asked.

“I’m not so sure you just like me. I seen you with Nour and I know you two went to the beach by yourselves and I can see why you like her. I mean you’ve known each other forever and she isn’t ugly. I guess I just want you to only like me”  I breathed deeply after sharing my feelings.

“Me liking Nour?” Noah laughed slightly. “I love Nour but more like a sister” he explained.

“Then why did you lie to me about only being with Nour?” I accused him.

“I actually have a surprise for you..”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.2K 26
♡Harry/Marcel Styles♡ "Our relationship is different now." "What relationship? She thinks you're somebody else, Harry!" "I'm going to tell her when t...
3.9M 78.1K 39
A one night stand with Harry Styles: What's the worst that can happen?
704K 23.2K 118
Elizabeth Parker is just an ordinary girl, or at least that is what everyone thinks. Her parents are the wealthiest people in town which gives her so...
13 0 1
Architect Harry Styles is in the midst of the project that will make or break his career, the same one that definitely broke his marriage. As he stru...