Spirit

By chococakeandsmarties

(Previously known as Witch Life?) “Chloe,” I whispered. “What?” “Run,” I said quickly before grabbing he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1-It begins on July Nineteenth
Chapter 2-Yeah, I don't think so
Chapter 3-New Homes and Magic Lessons
Chapter 4-Nightmares
Chapter 6-Sorry?
Chapter 7-I promise it will not end in sunshine and rainbows
Chapter 8-Not who, what?
Chapter 9- Me
Chapter 10- Manners Aren't My Forte
Chapter 11-In Bed,I'm the Devil
The Halloween Interview of Witch Life?
Chapter 12- Who are you?
Chapter 13- What's your problem, freak?
Chapter 14- What are you doing?
Chapter 15- Why do you say that?
Chapter 16-Where is your shirt?
Author's Note
Another Interview-Let's add to the sexual tension
Chapter 17-Make Me Some Gorgeous Grandchildren
Chapter 18 part 1
Chapter 18 part 2- In Case of Boredom, Run For Your Life

Chapter 5- I might actually enjoy it

431 5 0
By chococakeandsmarties

Yeah! Chapter 6 is here! I like this chapter a lot and I hope you do, too.

Picture of Jason on the side!

Enjoy!

*************

The sunlight shined through the trees and on to the forest floor. I stepped over tree roots and made sure not to lose my footing and slip on the moss. A sudden rustle of leaves caught my attention. Turning my head in that direction something caught my eye.

A doe headed in my direction, running. I felt its fear as its eyes bore into mine. It dodged me but kept on running. I watched it run as it narrowly dodged trees and its feet gracefully touching the ground. Why was it running?

Something flew over my head and answered my question. It landed with a slight thud and took half a second to regain its footing before taking off.

A wolf?

I began to follow but a strong force pounced onto my back and pushed me to the ground. It nudged me onto my back and stood over me with power and authority. I noticed it studying my body before finally looking in my eyes.

The wolf had dark brown fur that was close to black but what captivated me was its eyes. They were chocolate brown but a red tint lingered about them. They reminded me of someone but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Its eyes looked at me like he was going to kill me but I wasn’t scared. I wasn’t afraid of much and it killing me wasn’t worth being scared off.

It looked like it was having an inner battle with itself right before my eyes. Finally he stepped off me and I sat up. A voice popped into my head, but it did not belong to me.

“This involves you but you will not handle this fight.”

I got to my feet and stared at the wolf. It was staring at me like it was still trying to figure something out.

“Did you say that,” I asked expecting no reply and was shocked when I received a nod. “And you understand me?”

Another nod.

“If this is involves me I should be a part of the solution.”

And you will, but now is not the time,” its mouth never moved but its voice was as clear as day.

“What do you mean?”

Come with me. Whatever happens, do not get involved. Do you understand?

I nodded, not completely sure of what it meant by that. What was this wolf’s name, I wondered. A small chuckle formed in my mind followed by, “You know him, and you are developing feelings for him.”

“For the last time, I do not have feelings for Alex!”

I never said anything about him, sweetheart, but you could say I am him,” he thought as we began to walk in the direction the wolf and the doe went. I opened my mouth to ask him what he meant but a menacing howl cried through the forest.

Damn!” he swore. “Amelia, get on my back now.

“Why? What’s wrong? And how do you know my name?”

Just do it!” he roared, anger flowed in his words followed by a dash of desperation. I flinched at his sharp tone but complied with his wishes. I swung my leg over his backside and clung onto his soft fur, trying to keep from falling off. My bare feet were a few inches off the ground and I studied them with interest, they were flawless, not a speck of dirt was on them.

I was too busy looking at them to feel his muscles tense before we flew through the forest. I had absolutely no idea where we were going but he seemed to know exactly where to go. Each step he took was graceful and light as if he were walking on air. I heard a rustling noise and growls come from the bushes in front of us. The wolf stopped abruptly and lowered himself signaling for me to get off. I did as I was told, following the wolf as he crept around a bush and growled before he pounced.

I almost screamed at him but I managed to control myself. Making my way around the bush I was not prepared for the scene in front of me.

Blood.

Blood was smudged, imprinted onto the ground in the shapes of paw prints. The trail ended with a collapsed wolf. Its fur was jet black and its eyes were half way open. I ran toward it but was stopped by the doe. It looked at me happily and I saw blood run from the corner of its mouth down its neck. I began to back away horrified and it mirrored my every step. I tripped on something hard and fell onto my back. The doe loomed over me with a murderous expression in its eyes. Suddenly it began to morph in to something blurry and dark. Still standing over me it reached for my throat.

But it never made it. Its side curled as it was thrown away from me. It shifted back into a doe as the brown wolf placed a paw on its ribcage and bit its jugular, ripping it out with harsh movements. The doe made one last sound before it lay still forever.

I stood and ran to the wolf, throwing my arms around its neck. His muscled relaxed and placed his head on my shoulder, hugging me back.

The things you see are not what you think. The sweet ones may be the ones that want you dead. Be careful, Amelia.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes.

“Thanks for the advice,” I said with a bit of sarcasm. Standing up I asked, “Is your friend okay?”

He will be,” the wolf said. I walked over to the fallen warrior and placed my hand on its fur that was matted with blood. I closed my eyes and listen to his pulse. Please be okay, I thought. The wolf’s body began to shift and rise. I opened my eyes and saw the black wolf gazing at me with interest, his tail wagging. I grinned from ear to ear and engulfed him with a hug.

An ear-piercing howl filled the air and I pulled back from the wolf in surprise. He looked just as surprise as I was. His expression turned pained and scared when he looked behind me. I turned my head and saw the doe staring over the brown wolf knowingly, blood splattered all over its coat. The doe turned its head towards me and said, “You can’t get rid of me that easy.”

And with that it pounced at me, murder shining in its eyes.

I woke up to a scream filling my ears. I was terrified. The screaming didn’t stop. When my throat began to hurt I realized that I was the one screaming. My door burst open and two figures came towards me. I stopped screaming and backed away in fear, the doe’s words still in my mind.

One of the figures managed to grab and hug me despite my thrashing and threats. Their presence was familiar and my body tinged at they’re contact. I felt safe. I relaxed and hugged them back, burying my face into their neck. I sniffled a little and pulled them closer.

Wait. I sniffled? I am not going to cry. I do not care how scared I am, that will not happen.

I breathed in the scent that I have come to know well- Alex. I pulled away and looked up at him. The image of the brown wolfs face filled my mind, and then its bloody mass replaced the first one. I threw my arms around Alex’s neck and pulled him in for another hug. He stiffened for a second before hugging me back, telling me everything was okay.

Things weren’t okay, though. First I dream of Alex dying and now a doe becoming a zombie and killing a wolf. Oh, my life is so messed up.

“I-I am never watching Bambi again,” I muttered into his neck. His grip tightened on me and he began to stroke my hair. Soothingly he said, “Shhh, it’s okay, they can’t hurt you.”

I believed him. He was right. The doe wasn’t going to be anywhere near me because it was just a dream. Just a dream.

I sat in his lap listening to his heartbeat as he gently rocked me back and forth. I was calmed down by now but I didn’t want to move. This was too nice, too peaceful. My eyes began to droop and my body snuggled closer to his warmth.

Weird.

If I wasn’t so tired I would have questioned myself. I dozed off to sleep once again.

I was awake. At least my mind was. My mind was working and thinking but my body was tired, begging for hour of more rest.  I felt a hand roam my backside and I snuggled in closer to my hard, yet comfortable bed.

“Mate, she’s clinging to you.”

“I know, it’s kinda sexy too,” my bed vibrated. Wait, my bed shouldn’t be talking. I sprang up and my head collided with another. I hissed in pain, rubbing my head as I opened my eyes to see Chris rubbing his head as well.

“What the fu-” I said shocked.

“Ah, ah, ah, Amelia, dirty language is not the way to start the day,” Alex tsked from beside me. Oh, and did I mention he was in my bed with his arm wrapped tightly around my waist. But hey, it’s not a big deal. (Note my sarcasm)

“Aw, shut up. Get off my bed,” I snapped, trying to wiggle out of his grip.He smiled at my failed attempts and pulled me closer to him. A smug expression replaced his smile when he saw my disgusted face. When my waist managed to escape his grip and I began to push him off.

He was heavy. What does he eat?

“Jeez you’re fat. Why do you weigh so much?” I asked still trying to push him, but no avail.

“Um, okay,” Chris said slowly with a touch of concern. “So, are you going to tell us what happened last night?”

“There’s nothing to tell,” I grunted, still unsuccessful in getting Alex off my bed. When I moved him an inch I let out a whoop in victory.

“Yeah, and I can fly,” Chris said. I managed to throw a glance him and watch him roll his eyes.

“Don’t tempt me,” I smiled, referring to what happened to Alex in the training room. 

“Wouldn’t dream of it. Now tell us what happened. You looked like you were going to cry.” I stopped pushing Alex, who was halfway off my bed, and glared at Chris.

“I wasn’t not about to cry. I never cry. Never have, never will, and I plan to keep it that way. So do not say I was going to cry. Do you understand me?”

“Yes ma’am,” Chris saluted. His green eyes told me he was a bit scared- possibly because of my outburst. Eh, he’ll get over it.

I nodded and went back to pushing a smirking Alex. Almost there, I self-motivated. “What was your dream about, Ames?” Chris asked again.

“Nu…thing,” I said with Alex’s fat body almost off the bed. Just as he was about to fall he grabbed me and pulled me to him, causing me to fall as well. We landed with an oomph, him on top of me. Pain shot through my back making me cry out. Alex’s brown eyes looked at me with concern. He shifted himself so that he was propped up by his arms instead laying on me. I covered up my discomfort by saying, “You and your fatness hurt me, thanks.”

“First of all I’m not fat. And second, you can think of it as my punishment,” Alex whispered in my ear.

“For what?” I questioned, making sure not to let his proximity phase me.

“For making me worry,” he said now looking me in the eye.

“I’m sorry for being a burden then.”

“It wasn’t a burden; I liked having you on me.” Damn it. After my nightmare it was the best night sleep I’ve ever gotten, too. Wait, on him? As if he could read my mind he said, “Yes, love, you slept with me last night after your whole screaming affair.”

Damn it. Damn him.

His face started getting bigger and I noticed it was getting closer. He was getting closer. Why was he looking at my lips? Then it clicked. Oh, he’s just gonna kiss me. Oh, crap! He can’t kiss me. He can’t do anything like that.  For some reason I didn’t want him to stop. I could feel his breath on my face, tickling and exciting. His lips were parted, a hair away from mine.

Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh CRAP.

And then a loud growl filled the room as my stomach rumbled. Perfect timing! (And I’m not being sarcastic!) Alex’s eyes snap back up to mine as he pulled his head away. Was he blushing?

A booming laughter filled the awkward silence. I snapped my head in that direction, watching Chris double over in laughter. I felt my face heat up and I barked, “Shut up! I haven’t eaten since,” I paused thinking about it. How long ago has it been? I ate a little before I went to the airport but other than that, nothing. “I haven’t eaten for a while,” I finished.

I fixed a gaze back on Alex whose face was red from holding back laughter. I whacked my hand on his hard chest and said, “Get off me fatty, you’re squishing me.” When he didn’t get up, I snapped at him, “You’re squishing my lungs, fat ass, I can’t breathe.”

Rolling his eyes, he got off-smirking his usual smirk- and stood. He held his hand out for me but I ignored it. When I was back on my feet he said, “For the record, I was barely even on you.”

“Yeah, right fatty,” I said, patting his arm lightly. Wow, that is a really firm tricep muscle. It actually felt really, really nice. Snap out of it Amelia, pull yourself together woman. You don’t think like that, that behavior is absolutely repulsive. I pulled my hand away and continued, “You and your flab keep telling each other that.”

Alex just rolled his eyes and went over to Chris who was still laughing. One hard slap on the back sobered him up. Alex eyed me for a second before saying, “Come on let’s go tame the hungry beast.”

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. I followed the two boys out of the room, trying to memorize the hallways so I could remember how to get to the food and back. I felt something wet roll down to my chin. Wiping it away I realized I was drooling, drooling over the thought of delicious heart-warming comfort food in my mouth. My stomach grumbled again. Alex glanced at me before nudging Chris and saying, “Watch out Chris, the beast is coming out.”

Chris began to scream like a girl and ran down away flinging his arms dramatically in the air. Alex jogged after him laughing, leaving me to walk the hall by myself. Whatever.

Those boys, I thought while shaking my head smiling a tad.

 I swear they are going to drive me crazy, but I think I may actually enjoy it.

.

**********

Okay, what did you think?

Please tell me by commenting, or by messaging me, or writing on my message board. I'd love to know what you think.

Don't forget to vote and fan!

Love you all,

Dean

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

990K 22.4K 23
He caressed my soft cheek with his rough hands yet so gentle whenever they touch me"Jade,my love don't leave me come back with me" He is so vulnerabl...
1M 24.3K 11
I was almost to the door when I remembered the leather jacket I brought. I turned back to the room and just as I entered the most wonderful smell hit...
31 39 45
Two girls, two Soul Animals, and one magical, mysterious world. Christi and Sabrina have been best friends forever. Christi - the quiet, serious in...
35K 1.1K 18
Attempting to live a normal life- again. Chloe and her parents move to a new city and new house, but what lies in the house is quite unwelcoming. Chl...