The Monster & The Human

By Still_young

Cover by @ ClaraMorgane26 :)))) A story in which a myth about a spooky monster town that lived on the other s... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty: Epilouge

Twenty One

830 48 16
By Still_young

Harry knew it was dramatic to just leave after his encounter with Louis but he just needed to get fresh air and he has been feeling a bit home-sick the past few days. He wanted to feel normal.

That's what he loved about the other side of the mountain. That he could walk around and no one would stare at him and no one commented on his past. He felt comfortable walking amongst those people.

He absolutely didn't feel comfortable at the moment. Tears were running down his cheeks, his legs burned from not having to walk as much, and the people. The people watched him as he passed them with shocked looks on their faces as if he wasn't real.

He kept his head high anyways, not giving them a look in their eyes but after a few moments he just snapped.

"What are you looking at?!" He screamed, shouting at the group of men in front of him that looked at him in awe. His eyes were wild and his jaw was clenched tight as his chest heaved. No matter how angry he was, the tears just continued to fall down his ivory cheeks causing the anger in him to boil. "Fucking look away!"

With a huff he stormed down the sidewalk, his shoulders tense as he groveled at the ground. "Fucking normal people." He seethed, continuing on until he could see the beginning of the woods that no matter how bright it was outside still appeared dark.

The ground that was cement turned into the dirt, the sound of leaves crinkling under his feet was the only sound he could hear. The birds flew silently and the trees swayed with the light amount of wind that blew his hair from behind his ears to cover his face.

Harry paused to look at the mountain that stood tall out of the woods. I'm not climbing that, he thought, looking in the part of the woods that were filled with Vampires. He wasn't joking when he told the boys that that part was filled with creatures that drank blood.

"I can handle that." He mumbled to himself, wiping at his eyes before turning on his heel towards the dangerous pathway.

His eyes were alert as he walked, the deeper he went the darker it got until he had to stop for a moment because he couldn't breathe.

His mind kept repeating what Louis said. It hurt him the most that Louis said those things because he felt like he loved him. He absolutely did. He didn't mind waking up to him and having to deal with the grumpy side of him since he wasn't a morning person. Or the times when he would study for hours because he wanted to get good grades on his tests instead of slacking off and watching tv with his sisters.

He flinched at the sound of twigs snapping, looking around quickly to see the faint gleams of bright red eyes watching him. They were everywhere. Harry's blood ran cold as he saw each and every pair of eyes following him.

"M-My blood isn't good." He called out, turning around rapidly when he heard foot steps coming from behind him. When he saw nothing, he turned back around only to bump into someone's chest.

His fangs were the first thing he noticed from the man. He had a devilish smile on his face and a hungry look in his eyes as his cold hands went to grab at his shoulders.

"Help!" He cried out, attempting to push at the man's chest but he was no match. The man was much stronger. He tried to move his neck away from the stranger but he was already cupping his jawline, bringing him closer.

"He's mine!" A voice shouted, making Harry let out a breath in relief. From out of the shadows came a blonde dressed in all black. His bright blue eyes shined through the dark, his fangs visible while he smiled at his friend. "Back off." His Irish accent hummed, patting the man's shoulder.

"Niall." Harry breathed, feeling his shoulders loosen as he relaxed. He knew the blonde would have to feed on him in front of the rest of his kind so they know not to try and feed on him again.

He nodded softly before Niall moved his hair from his neck and bit into his skin, causing Harry to wince and clutch onto his shirt. He gasped at the painful feeling that he hasn't felt in a long time, his eyes fluttering shut as he tried not to think about Louis when he had the taller lad pushed against the door while he sucked a hickey onto him.

Niall pulled away with a groan, his crimson lips swollen from having to bite into his friend. He wiped his lips with the sleeve of his shirt before taking his hand and pulling him out of the woods onto the side the two were accustomed to.

"Where did you go? Li and I were looking everywhere for you." Niall cracked, punching Harry in his chest softly because he was worried about his mate.

"I went to go live with Louis." Harry muttered, rubbing at his neck that was sore. "I thought you were done feeding in that part of the woods, Ni." He scolded, knowing that is where the Vampires went to feed on the humans that pass through.

"The people here taste disgusting." Niall cringed, "But why did you leave with him? You barely know him. And you're back so that means it went wrong." He crossed his arms over his chest as he raised his eyebrows to look more stern.

"Don't start, Ni." Harry snapped, "Can we just go to your house? I'm tired." His feet ached and he just wanted sit down.

"Sure." Niall sighed, wrapping his arm around his shoulder as he began the way towards his home.

Harry paused at the faint sound of someone calling his name. He furrowed his eyebrows and turned only to squint to see the outline of someone waving their arms.

"Harry!" Louis screamed, jumping in his place as he tried to get the boy's attention. "I'm sorry!" He cupped his hands around his lips to make his voice louder since he knew not to walk through the woods.

"Louis, just give me some time!" Harry called back, his heart hurting at the thought of the boy coming after him. "I'll be back!"  He smiled when he heard him say that he loved him, replying with an 'I love you too' before walking off with Niall towards his home.

The walk was silent but a comfortable one. Neither of them looked at each other and that made him feel much better since he was always stared at.

Harry felt so tired from walking but he missed the ache in his legs. He loved that he was surrounded by trees and that he was getting fresh air instead of in Louis' back yard at night time. He felt like a dog. A pet dog with stitches that had to be taken care of or it would get hurt.

"So," Niall hummed as his house began to come in sight. He playfully nudged his taller mate with a smile spread on his face as he said, "You love him?"

"Yes," Harry blushed, sparing a glance towards his Irish friend because he knew he would say something bad about falling in love with a human or how he would hurt him again.

"I'm glad you're happy."

The curly haired man furrowed his eyebrows at that, stopping in his tracks and turning towards the blonde with an expectant look as if he was waiting for more to come out than that. "Thats it? No big speech?"

"Harry," Niall laughed, his gaze going up towards the slightly purple sky. "I only act like a mum when you're deciding on something or you have a choice. But if you love him. That means you're happy and what friend would I be to step in the way of that?"

Harry smiled a dimpled smile at his friend because he forgot how caring Niall was. He always thought he was just like the mum in their trio but the blonde cared about him enough to set aside his thoughts on humans just so he can be happy.

So he pulled him into a hug. A long hug that made him feel safe and loved because Niall squeezed him back.

"You're such a doll, Nialler." He giggled, pulling away when he heard the blonde laugh his mesmerizing laugh.

"Awe, I miss when you didn't talk so well." His Irish accent cooed, a fond smile still spread on his face as he looked at his friend that has changed so much. He could see how happy Louis made him. It was practically radiating off of him.

He decided to wait until Harry was calmed down before telling him the news about Donovan and Liam. Because he knew if he told him soon, Harry would be out for blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 144 27
This is a story about a guy named Harry. Harry is not just an ordinary guy, he has strange powers which are more of a curse than a blessing. When he...
31K 865 32
New Zianourry story!
1.2K 82 10
a young boy gives another boy a rock the shape of a heart. This is going to be a relatively short story
224 5 4
ALL PICTURE CREDIT GOES TO ITSKAROKE ON DEVIANTART Louis, Harry, Niall, Liam, and Y/N are caught in the midst of a Zombie Apocalypse. They need to f...