Agony (Wanda Maximoff)

By wandakive

//her world is no more// \\for her soul is as red as blood\\//and the balance in her heart tipped with death... More

|Prologue|
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
|Epilogue|

Chapter 60

2.2K 99 57
By wandakive

||"You'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior."||

Wanda looked up to the night sky and allowed her mind to bring her back to the day Ultron killed her brother. She needed those feelings to resurface, so she could use it as a weapon, instead of her weakness. And so she closed her eyes and set her mind free...

"Get the people on the boats," Wanda ordered, feeling the heat of her magic still fresh in her veins. 

"I'm not going to leave you here."

"I can handle this," she exclaimed, shooting a ball of hex at a running robot. It deteriorated instantly, and Pietro shrugged in agreement. "Come back for me when everyone is off, not before." Pietro shook his head, beginning to make his way out. "Do you understand?" she asked him, gaining his attention. 

"You know, I'm 12 minutes older than you," he said, smirking. 

Wanda smiled, nodding her head. "Go," she told him, and he listened, as he always did, speeding off to save the people of Sokovia before it was too late. The last she saw of him was the blue streak that he always left behind. 

Her eyes opened up, and she was back in reality. Pietro's face as he smirked at her was still stitched in her mind, and as she watched everyone pile into the jet, she caught the sight of her brother's silver hair, and then his face, and then the smile she knew so well. 

He was talking to Katarina, smiling with each word. Wanda adored his smile, because the only time she ever did see it--his true smile--was when they were alone. But now, as she watched him give that same smile to Katarina, she felt a little better about the night. That anger she wanted was still there, but she felt... good. 

"Do you think you can bring the same energy you had that day you beat me up to this fight?" Steve came up beside her, his hand resting gently on her lower back. "Because if you do, those Sentinels won't stand a chance." 

"I'll see what I can do," she answered, turning her body slightly so that it met with his. For a second, she thought of getting on her toes to kiss him, but she was so consciously aware of everything around her that she forced herself to hold back. When he met her eyes, she nearly felt her knees give out, and in response, she draped her arm across his waist and held on. 

"You okay to walk?" he joked, and Wanda pushed him away, laughing as she hurried off to the jet.  

She felt the eyes of every single mutant on her as she neared the jet, fully aware of her loud laughter. Then, returning to her state of anger, climbed in and took a seat in between Natasha and Bucky. 

Steve joined everyone just a few seconds after, moving straight for the cockpit to join Tony and Clint. 

As the jet lifted off of the ground, Wanda felt the energy slip into something rough; a dark ora of worried energy lifting off of everyone. The energy was so strong that Wanda accidentally flinched, earning an awkward glance from Bucky. 

He sat beside her, his body leaning forward a bit, and his hand resting gently on his wound. The seatbelt that was fastened around his waist and chest probably made things worse for Bucky, but he didn't say a word. 

"Are you sure you can fight?" she asked him quietly, making sure no one was listening. He turned slightly to look at her, and she nodded down to his wound. "You don't have to fight."

"I'll fight," he said, barely allowing the words to escape past his lips. "I'm already healing," he added, slouching back against the seat. She couldn't tell if that was true, but she let it be. He looked capable of handling himself, and if he wanted to join them, then he had every right to do so. 

"Thank you," she whispered to him before slouching back herself. 

____

Outraged by his failed plan, Trask hurried off back to his mansion, hoping to cool off before returning to his bunker. 

His breathing was a ragged mess by the time he entered his home, and in his rage, Trask threw the closest vase near him against a wall. The glass shattered completely, spilling across his marbled floor. The front door swung open, and two of Trask's men ran in, their guns in hand. 

"Can't I be angry in peace?! Go outside and shoot something! You morons," he ushered them out, then slammed the door shut. 

Nothing was panning out the way it was supposed to be, and Trask didn't know what else to do. 

Markus--his best man--was nowhere to be found; the rebel group of mutants had magically disappeared, leaving no trace; the blueprints he had memorized still made no sense to him. Everything that Trask had spent doing for the last 15 years felt like a waste of time. 

All of his efforts to try and protect humanity seemed pointless, and the fear of losing, of letting humanity die, saddened him. As if it were his fault that mutants roamed the earth. 

In the sanctuary of his study, Trask poured himself a drink, savoring the burning sensation as the Scotch traveled down his throat. The drink managed to soothe him, and he walked over to the balcony doors, admiring his quiet estate. 

Katarina hadn't called him in days, but he didn't want to bother her. She was safer where she was, and he hoped when she did return, he'd have things figured out.

His daughter was out living her life, working hard, and all Trask wanted was for her to continue doing that, but in a world where her safety wasn't in danger. He would do anything to protect Katarina, even if she was what she was. 

Finishing his second drink, Trask slumped down on his couch, touching the medallion around his neck. It's beautiful color of gold still held a bright appearance, even after all of it's years of exposure to the elements. 

Our of pure curiosity, Larry took it off to give it a closer look. 

"Never take this off, son. Do you understand?"

His father's words echoed in his head as he stared at the medallion, but Larry just chuckled. The Scotch had relaxed him a lot faster than he had anticipated, and it had been a while since he had a good drunken night, and he figured since he was alone and his life was falling apart, he'd keep drinking. 

He placed the medallion down on the coffee table and stumbled over to the small bar. As he poured another drink, he began to feel dizzy. 

"Shit," he muttered, rubbing his eyes. When he opened his eyes again, his study disappeared, and he was outside. Confused, he closed his eyes again, and when he opened them up, he saw Katarina in front of him, her beautiful smile making him forget about what was happening. 

He moved forward to touch her, but her eyes flashed over in  what looked like flames. The glass in his hands slipped from his hands and it shattered on the floor beside him, pulling him out from his hallucination. 

When Trask looked down, he saw the glass on the hardwood floor of his study. The dizzy feeling returned, and he made his way back over to the couch and sat back down, grasping his medallion. Before laying down, Trask put the medallion back on, feeling a slight sting on his neck as it set itself in place. 

___

Emma stood near the front of the jet, thinking about the mutants, and how she'd have to find another safe place for them after the fight. If they took Trask out, that didn't mean they'd be able to go out and live their lives, it just meant they had a target off of their backs. They were still mutants living in a world with humans who were still struggling to understand. 

For as long as she would live, she'd fight for her people and give them the equality they truly deserved. No mutant should ever live with so much fear and self-hate, not like she did when she was younger. With time, the mutants would be accepted. 

Tony came out from the side, double checking his suits for the third time, and stopped beside Emma. She acknowledged him, but felt her mind travel back to the mutants. 

"Usually when you're in deep thought, it either means you're worried about something, or you're thinking about me naked. Mind telling me which one it is?" She rolled her eyes at him, but appreciated his attempt to make her feel better. 

"For a man your age, I'm surprised you still know how to flirt."

"My age? Ouch," he brought his hand up to his chest and shook his head. "Emma Frost, just admit it, you were thinking about me naked." 

"Tony Stark, do I need to call your lady and tell her how foolish you're being?" she taunted, and Tony's smirk vanished. 

"You wouldn't dare."

"Have you met me?"

"Okay, well, then if you weren't thinking of my amazing physique, then you were thinking of something else. What is it?" The warmth in her cheeks went cold, and she turned her head to look over at her people. Her most trusted mutants were inside of that jet, and most of them were still young, still learning. "Emma, everyone here is capable of protecting themselves, you know that. You've got a strong army waiting for us and you have the Avengers with you. Whatever you're scared of--"

"They look up to me for guidance and protection, and here I am sending them off into a battle that will most likely cost them their lives. That weight, it's sitting on my shoulders and I don't know what I'll do if this night turns out to be the biggest mistake I've ever made." 

"You said so yourself: this is our only chance to take Trask down, and I trust your judgement. We've got one hell of a chance to come out of this with a win." 

Emma sighed, looking over at Tony and nodding her head. He joined Clint up front in the cockpit, and she took a seat beside Storm, resting her legs after an hour of standing around. As she sat quietly, she caught Catseye and Havok arguing once again, and it made her smile. 

For a very long time, Emma had praised this group of mutants for being so loyal to her, but it wasn't until then that she realized just how loyal they were. 

They loved her.

************************

A/N: This is a short chapter, and a little boring, so I apologize:( 

But it's the weekend! Which means I'll be updating again either tomorrow or Saturday, and I promise that chapter will be a lot more exciting aka more Steve/Wanda:D

Classes have begun for me and I'm taking 4 classes this semester and I am already so exhausted, but I will always make time to update this story for you guys! Once again, I'm sorry for how short and boring this chapter is! I'll make it up to you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 7.7K 26
ᴏɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ | "I'm going to say this once and only once so listen close, Maximoff. You still aren't that impressive." LOST SOULS SERIES | BOOK 2 [MARVEL...
183K 4K 70
"She's only been gone for a while but it felt like centuries." "As poetic as that is... no human being can live long enough to miss someone for a cen...
405K 11.7K 19
in which the dark sorcerous fell in love with the naive witch • " i thought you said there were only two of them! " " well, I only saw red and blu...
151K 2.8K 29
"I need to feel you. All of you." "Then do it."