You Can't Change Your Mind

By aperfectdreamer

After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 20

16.8K 473 34
By aperfectdreamer

-------SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES I HAVE NOT EDITED IT YET!!!!--------

Recap-

"What the hell Chase? Why the sudden 180? I can't deal with this!" I screamed at him not caring that I was in just a black lace bra. "I can't deal with this. I need my loving Chase, the one that almost killed my brother for hurting me, not the one that kicks me away when I'm crying. I love you so so much Chase. You're my everything, don't do this."

He just stared blankly at me. "'Make sure you get the whole pack at the funeral in time, and don't let anyone leave after. They all need to be there when Matt and I battle for Alpha rank."

"Please don't Chase! Please! You can't get hurt. Please! Think about everything you've told me. You don't do fights for ranks! Please!" I sobbed grabbing into his arm.

"Get dressed then leave." He boomed in his alpha voice.

I cowered and whimpered throwing on a my shirt, before running out of the room.

This is a wreck.

Chapter 20

LEXI'S POV

I borrowed a black dress from another pack member, I was too scared of what going into my room might produce. I couldn't stand another banishing from Chase.

What's wrong with me? Why does everyone turn away? I was already rejected once, I can't do it again. I just don't understand what I did to deserve any of this. Maybe if I was nicer my parents wouldn't have died and Matt wouldn't have turned into such a cruel person. Maybe Alex would've loved me if I was just a little bit skinner.

I looked into the mirror in front of me, my blonde hair was in its natural waves, parted to one side, I had on only minimal make up, mascara and concealer. I couldn't smile though, not even a forced half hearted one. It's just all been so hard.

I thought back to Connor's words, about how I made Chase so happy. Was he right? Did I make him happy? Maybe if I just stick by his side, he'll snap out of it eventually?

I tried asking my wolf but she ignored me, she hasn't talked to me since the bedroom incident.

I took a deep breath and remembered my promise to Connor and to Chase's mom.

"I will stay by his side." I vowed to myself. Nodding my head I walked out of the room and over to Tucker's.

Within two seconds after knocking he opened the door. "Hey." He said fiddling with his tie. I forced a small smile his way. Tucker deserved all the happiness in the world. He was the best guy I think I have ever known.

I swatted his hands away and quickly fixed it for him, "Come on let's go." I grabbed is arm and dragged him out of the room. "We've got a long day." I wrapped my arm through his as we hustled  down the stairs.

.

.

.

.

The funeral was short and sweet, Chase didn't let it drag for too long. But nice things were said, and there were beautiful flowers. Everyone was sad, but in a way, ready for it. Typically mates just can't live very long after their significant other has died. It literally crushes their heart. I could tell Chase just wanted to get to the fight, he was so jittery. He just wanted to win Alpha.

As much confidence as I have in Chase, he's not seeing right, his wolf is in complete control and he's very power hungry. I know my brother well, and he's a nasty fighter. I just can't see Chase get hurt.

I shifted next to Tucker on the wooden pew, just watching the pack preacher finishing up. A few tears fell as I thought about Chase's mom. He's lost his mom and his dad all within a year, heck within a few months.

Everyone started clapping and I realized that the funeral was over and Chase was walking on stage. I clapped along, even though my heart was beating out of my chest with what is to come.

"Okay, if all of you would meet around the back of the church in five minutes me and Matthew will be having the battle of the Alpha rank. This will be a fight to the death, I recommend the children and a few moms go to the park across the street. They don't need to see this." With that he nodded and walked off the stage and disappeared.

I looked around me at this huge church. All of the pack members from both packs were in attendance. In total there were probably 300 people here, whoever won was going to have a huge pack!

"Come on." Tucker grabbed my hand and lead me outside along with the rest of the crowd.

My stomach churned, I was shaking with fear. He couldn't get hurt, he just couldn't. Regardless if he loved me anymore or not, he couldn't die.

I watched as he stepped up in front of the crowd, he gave another long speech but I couldn't comprehend the words. I was just too scared for him. Even though I hate Matt I don't want him to die, but Chase can't die. He can't even get hurt! I don't know what I would do if he did.

Matt came out and the fight began. Most times I couldn't even watch, burying my head into Tucker's chest.

They were both in wolf form at this point, and you could tell they were both weakening. Matt wasn't looking so good, but luckily Chase only had a few wounds. Matt lunged at Chase, but Chase was too fast. I closed my eyes and gripped Tucker's arm as I heard a howl of pain, and a crunch. Tears streamed down my face.

I couldn't breath.

Tucker wrapped me up in his arms steadying me. Whispering in my ear.

"He won Lexi, he won. It'll be okay." He whispered over and over slowly calming my tears.

I watched a few pack members take Matt's body away, and in a few ways I felt relieve. He can't hurt me anymore, he can't take the pack away from Chase now.

And Chase didn't die.

I slowly walked over to Chase where he sat on the ground, now shifted and in some shorts. A few people surrounded him making sure he was okay.

His side had a large bandage on it, but that's the only damage I could see.

"Good job Chase." I smiled at him.

"Thank you." He brushed me off easily. I ran after him as he walked away.

"You're alpha now! Of both packs, that so great!" I tried to sound happy for him.

"Please go away, I have things to do." He continued walking without even looking at me. I crumpled to the ground right there behind the church. The grass itched my leg as I sat there, tears silently flowing down my face. I heard footsteps behind and I turned to see Tucker coming up.

"Come here." He held out his arms to me. I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up, launching into his embrace. There was no loud sobbing, just silent tears of pain.

"What do I do Tucker? I love him?" I asked, my eyes closed, leaning into him.

"We will go get your things from his room tonight, you can come stay with me, I'll sleep on the floor. And you'll start school tomorrow with everyone else. You'll continue on with life like the strong girl you are." His chin rested on my head.

I pulled open my eyes to look up at him, "Thank you." I whispered before leaning into him again.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Tucker really, you don't have to sleep on the floor!" I sat on his bed in a t-shirt and sofee shorts.

We had gone and gotten my things from Chase and I'd room earlier without problem. Chase wasn't there making it an easy deal.

"I'm fine Lexi, I promise! I don't want to make this weird for you!" He insisted, adjusting his pillow to avoid eye contact.

"Get in the bed Tucker." I demanded scooching over to one side so that he had room.

Tucker looked up at me. "Get in bed Tucker!" I demanded him again.

"Fine." He muttered grabbing his pillow and crawling into bed.

"Thank you." I rolled my eyes shutting off the bedside lamp.

We layer there in silence for awhile, I was pretty sure he wasn't asleep either. I think both of our minds were just running wild. So much has happened within the last few days. My head is just a jumble of things.

Suddenly a piercing pain shot into my gut. "Ahhhhh!" I screamed out in pain tears ran down my face already. This hurt worse that my first shift. My heart ached, my body burned, I couldn't see or hear anything. My breath was ripped away from me. My body shook with sobs, as I was silently aching.

I finally caught enough breath to talk. "Tucker, help me." I begged so confused as to what's going on. It felt like I was burning alive. Suddenly I felt a tear, and I felt free. The fire dispersed. My heart wasn't heavy anymore, I didn't feel the constant unhappiness of my wolf from not being with Alex.

"Tucker what just happened?" I begged him, clinging to him for dear life. I lay there a sweaty mess with dried tears handing from my chin.

"I think Alex remated with someone else." He whispered running his fingers gently through my hair.

I just curled into him further, "Good, I'm glad he's happy." I breathed out, still catching my breath.

I am really glad for him. I mean it was pretty fast, but at least I don't have to worry anymore. Now he has someone be love and live with. Maybe they will help him to be the man I know he can become.

.

.

.

.

.

.

TUCKER'S POV

I felt her breath fan across my neck, a small shiver ran through my body as I held her in my arms. I had never had a sister before. It made me giddy with joy, I loved her.

How is she so selfless?

How is she happy for the man that rejected her? The man that almost raped her?

How the hell is she standing by Chases side while he's pushing her away?

I'll never understand this beautiful girl, I never will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 10.1K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
1.3K 55 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
5.2M 180K 39
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she insta...
222K 7.1K 35
We all know the cliche story about the girl whose mate is the alpha and she gets rejected then kidnapped and all of a sudden they are in love and hav...